PDA

View Full Version : East Stand "Family Section"

wearethehibs
14-04-2013, 08:39 AM
Im just curious why is the east at Hampden the family section. It must hold over 10,000!

Just because that area sells cheaper tickets to kids, doesn't make it a family section imo.

Yesterday I had to watch the game from the concourse as I was subjected to "familys" shouting, swearing and threatening me because I like to stand at football.

Im 24 years old and don't have kids but I sat in the east as its cheaper like lots of other people without kids.

I think they should set a section in the east stand as "non family section" so people that like to stand, sing, enjoy themselves and not just sit and watch can so without getting shouted and sworn at by grown men with kids.

Brightside
14-04-2013, 08:40 AM
Agree 100% an area for families only is a must.

wearethehibs
14-04-2013, 08:42 AM
And ill add that later in the game, a guy who was also standing in the concourse was shouting and swearing, a guy there with his kid turned round and moand at him saying "this is a family section" this almost led to a fight.

So setting a section aside would also stop things like that happening

down-the-slope
14-04-2013, 08:42 AM
alternatively you could just pay the going price and stand in the North.....:rolleyes:

wearethehibs
14-04-2013, 08:44 AM
alternatively you could just pay the going price and stand in the North.....:rolleyes:

I will for the final but Im low on funds and paying £5 in the east was to good an offer compared to £23 in the north.

Chuck Rhoades
14-04-2013, 08:54 AM

You've missed the point.

Treadstone
14-04-2013, 08:55 AM
How does a 24 year old get in for a fiver ?

Newry Hibs
14-04-2013, 09:00 AM
24 years old and paid £5? I thought it was that price for kids?

I was behind the goals with my children. Have you ever considered that because you stand - the domino effect it has behind so that everyone else has to stand, so that these pesky kids (fans of the future) can't see anything?

I fully agree that there should be a section just for parents and kids (not sure how it would be implemented - maybe a same price section for those who can't sit down).

There was one particularly nasty 'fan' (short arse in green sweatshirt) who spent most of the firat half telling Pat Fenlon he was an Irish 'b......d' and to f off. Not great for the kids around who were intimidated by him.

Maybe one day you will have children - and my (by then grown up kids) can stand right in front of you. Then we'll maybe revisit this post.

reidy
14-04-2013, 09:03 AM
How does a 24 year old get in for a fiver ?
They might have been a student as they were £5 as well

matty_f
14-04-2013, 09:04 AM
I think no matter where you sit or stand, a bit if consideration for the folk around you who have also paid their money, goes a long way.

Some very fundamental levels of socially acceptable behavioural standards were missing from a few folk yesterday. Football or not, it's not a licence to behave like an animal with no concept of morals or self-respect.

Treadstone
14-04-2013, 09:07 AM
They might have been a student as they were £5 as well

Cheers.

I think no matter where you sit or stand, a bit if consideration for the folk around you who have also paid their money, goes a long way.

Some very fundamental levels of socially acceptable behavioural standards were missing from a few folk yesterday. Football or not, it's not a licence to behave like an animal with no concept of morals or self-respect.

Correct. Feel sorry for the genuine Millwall fans as well.

down-the-slope
14-04-2013, 09:08 AM
You've missed the point.

I don't think I have Ross. You pay a cheaper price to sit in a section that you know is a 'family section' and then complain it does not suit you and how you want to watch..surely that does then not then make it the fault of those who wanted to sit with kids (not in any way condoning abuse / swearing etc from other adults - some of yesterdays behaviour was deplorable by a minority) /

the suggestion made is that standing / singing are needed to enjoy yourself....

We sat / stood / sang / jumped around / chatted etc with those around us at different times..but all with a bit of respect for those around and what they were doing wanted to do...its not ALL ABOUT ME

JohnStephens91
14-04-2013, 09:13 AM
Standing in an area with lots of children is certainly not acceptable, you block their view, you can also block the view of the elderly. There was an older man behind me and I was respectful to him so that whenever I did stand up to see something I moved over to the side a bit so he could see. It became increasingly frustrating though when almost everybody from the row in front of me decided to stand as I then had to stand to see and I knew he wasn't going to be able to see as much as he'd like to have done.

Stadiums are all-seater for a reason, however I agree with a standing section and in this instance most will know it is the North Stand. It doesn't matter if the ticket is £23, if you want to stand you need to be prepared to pay the going rate for that. Would you just stand during a game at Easter Road in the Famous Five section? You probably wouldn't unless you were at the very back of the lower or upper tiers. The East at Hampden is no different, you are in a section which is advertised for families so there was obviously going to be children there.

Also for those wondering the OP might be a student, students got tickets for £5 which was a great price for that game of football.

marinello59
14-04-2013, 09:15 AM

Spot on Matty.
The reported behaviour of a few yesterday was unacceptable in any area of the ground, designated family section or not.

jane_says
14-04-2013, 09:16 AM
Im just curious why is the east at Hampden the family section. It must hold over 10,000!

Just because that area sells cheaper tickets to kids, doesn't make it a family section imo.

Yesterday I had to watch the game from the concourse as I was subjected to "familys" shouting, swearing and threatening me because I like to stand at football.

Im 24 years old and don't have kids but I sat in the east as its cheaper like lots of other people without kids.

I think they should set a section in the east stand as "non family section" so people that like to stand, sing, enjoy themselves and not just sit and watch can so without getting shouted and sworn at by grown men with kids.

Try sitting in the North at ER mate, the Inverness game I was sitting in front of a wee boy (about 7-8 years old), his Dad and his mate. The 'father' wouldn't stop calling Thomson a 'f****** judas c***'

Surely this should be clamped down on? Don't have a problem with swearing at the football but in the family stand maybe others don't want to hear it??

wearethehibs
14-04-2013, 09:17 AM
Tbf I though I did show respect by moving away from the abusive guys there with kids and standing on the concourse. Paid £5 as Im a ****my student.

I totally get that people enjoy football in different ways but I dont shout and swear at people sitting down.

marinello59
14-04-2013, 09:18 AM

How about a special section for selfish pig ignorant tossers who think they can do what they want and stuff everybody else? Preferably outside the ground.

marinello59
14-04-2013, 09:19 AM
Tbf I though I did show respect by moving away from the abusive guys there with kids and standing on the concourse. Paid £5 as Im a ****my student.

I totally get that people enjoy football in different ways but I dont shout and swear at people sitting down.

Ah..... I get it now , you are fishing. Apologies for taking you seriously.

wearethehibs
14-04-2013, 09:22 AM
How about a special section for selfish pig ignorant tossers who think they can do what they want and stuff everybody else? Preferably outside the ground.

Ha! Listen Im annoyed at the way I was treated by fellow supporters. It might have been different if the guy had nudged me on the shoulder and said something like "listen Im here with my kids, would you mind sitting down or maybe moving somewhere else".

But No the first shout I get is "Sit the ****** doon".

NAE NOOKIE
14-04-2013, 09:23 AM
24 years old and paid £5? I thought it was that price for kids?

I was behind the goals with my children. Have you ever considered that because you stand - the domino effect it has behind so that everyone else has to stand, so that these pesky kids (fans of the future) can't see anything?

I fully agree that there should be a section just for parents and kids (not sure how it would be implemented - maybe a same price section for those who can't sit down).

There was one particularly nasty 'fan' (short arse in green sweatshirt) who spent most of the firat half telling Pat Fenlon he was an Irish 'b......d' and to f off. Not great for the kids around who were intimidated by him.

Maybe one day you will have children - and my (by then grown up kids) can stand right in front of you. Then we'll maybe revisit this post.

I agree with this. We had 2 kids with us ( as usual ) and there was a small section in front of us who tried to stay standing and it took a while for everybody to get them to sit.

The guy you are talking about wasnt far from us and to be sure he was having a fit and a lot of his language was unacceptable. But in all honesty in my head I was agreeing with him. Football has a habit of turning usually reasonable human beings into raving looneys and lets face it, no club is better at it than Hibs. Its not an excuse for the guy, but at that point of the match I could understand his anger and loss of self control.

Billychaotic182
14-04-2013, 09:29 AM
I lose the rag at the football like most of us Yesterday, i yelled and swore only for a woman infront of me to ask me to stop swaring as her son was Infront of me. I said sorry and made a joke that if I sware again each time I would ow the wee man a pound. Now for the rest of the game I didn't sware but people around me were (these things happen) so I tried to make the wee lad have a good time by getting him to sing hibs songs and having a laugh with him and his family. Hopefully I redeamed myself for the things I said as I was embarrassed when I looked down and saw this wee boy. But I agree there should be an area for family's as to ask grown passionate men (and women) not to yell and sware is a tall order.

Benny Brazil
14-04-2013, 09:29 AM
Some people take the "day out" way too far - numerous people clearly unable to keep themselves upright due to excess alcohol - at 12.30pm on Sat ffs - I am all for people going and enjoying themselves and having a few drinks but be respectful of the others round about you.

I stood up during certain times yesterday to sing and shout and cheer - but also said to the guy behind me with his son if I block your view just let me know - but the 4 guys in front of me werent so respectful meaning my daughter had to stand up to be able to see.

matty_f
14-04-2013, 09:31 AM

One can only assume that it's much easier to get student status these days.

hibee
14-04-2013, 09:38 AM
It's always the same but probably won't change, they sell the tickets as a family section so people like me attending with kids rightly expect to be sitting in a family section but unfortunately they also sell cheap adult tickets to anyone who wants them, it's surely not that difficult to have a true family section set aside for people with kids.

I totally understand guys wanting to stand and I'm happy for them to do so in the right place but my poor 7yr old did not see one goal yesterday, while he could just about see when standing on his seat the problem was people jumping up at the slightest bit of action, by the time he had climbed onto his seat the goal had been scored and he had missed it again.

I reckon for the final I will just have to get them both adult tickets and sit in the BT stand so at least they might have a chance of seeing a goal as it's getting to the stage where it's not worth going when they have to come home and watch the tv to see what went on!

Newry Hibs
14-04-2013, 09:44 AM

Probably because they're not blocking your view.

clerriehibs
14-04-2013, 09:52 AM

No doubt it degenerated to that level because you'd ignored the first few reasonable requests to sit down?

McD
14-04-2013, 09:56 AM
Ha! Listen Im annoyed at the way I was treated by fellow supporters. It might have been different if the guy had nudged me on the shoulder and said something like "listen Im here with my kids, would you mind sitting down or maybe moving somewhere else".

But No the first shout I get is "Sit the ****** doon".

Maybe you annoyed the other supporters there by how you were treating them :rolleyes:

Perhaps that's the first shout because, they expect a grown person to be able to grasp the concept that by standing up, you will immediately block the view of the person behind you. Those people paid their money, same as you, so why should they have to put up with selfish folk like you spoiling their view of the game? Or is it only you who is allowed to be selfish, not anyone else?

I prefer standing at games as well, but when you buy a ticket for the family section (regardless of reason), you must accept that there is an extreme likelihood of children being there, and as such will require you to sit down so they can enjoy the game too.

Big_Franck
14-04-2013, 10:09 AM
It's always the same but probably won't change, they sell the tickets as a family section so people like me attending with kids rightly expect to be sitting in a family section but unfortunately they also sell cheap adult tickets to anyone who wants them, it's surely not that difficult to have a true family section set aside for people with kids.

I totally understand guys wanting to stand and I'm happy for them to do so in the right place but my poor 7yr old did not see one goal yesterday, while he could just about see when standing on his seat the problem was people jumping up at the slightest bit of action, by the time he had climbed onto his seat the goal had been scored and he had missed it again.

I reckon for the final I will just have to get them both adult tickets and sit in the BT stand so at least they might have a chance of seeing a goal as it's getting to the stage where it's not worth going when they have to come home and watch the tv to see what went on!

It surely can't be that difficult. We could make the designated Family Section a bit smaller, but then insist that any adults wanting to buy tickets in this area must also buy a child's ticket.

Johnny Clash
14-04-2013, 10:32 AM
There was a bit of bother in the North yesterday as a result of arguments over standing.

Surely sections can be set aside for supporters who prefer to stand and avoid creating flash points that often lead to physical confrontations? This might not be officially possible due to the law covering all seater stadiums but fans themselves could maybe devise a solution and 'spread the word'?

A few in the North were ejected by stewards for standing and then refusing to sit down when told to by stewards.

I prefer to stand but also think you have to consider those who prefer to sit.

It might make sense for those of us who want to stand to go for tickets at the back of the sections then work down towards the front rows? It's not perfect and might be hard to organise but if we 'stand at the back and sit at the front' then we might just avoid this unnecessary aggro?!!!

Hibby70
14-04-2013, 10:35 AM
If we get the same allocation for the final then

South for those that want to sit
North for those that want to stand
East section F for those with families
East section G for those that want to stand and swear at Fenlon without paying north prices

Simple

Billy Whizz
14-04-2013, 10:36 AM

East section G for those that want to stand and swear at Fenlon without paying north prices

Simple

If its Celtic we get, we'll probably get the West, similar to the last cup final against them

Allant1981
14-04-2013, 10:53 AM
I was in the east section g and there was a few guys standing getting shouted at, the supervisor for the stewards ended up comin and tellin the ones in front of me to sit down. Werent happy chappys

Hibby70
If its Celtic we get, we'll probably get the West, similar to the last cup final against them

We should get the East as we're more East than them.

DH1875
I will for the final but Im low on funds and paying £5 in the east was to good an offer compared to £23 in the north.

There's no family section for the final so no need to worry.

DH1875
14-04-2013, 11:05 AM
People are getting confused. The east isnt THE family section. It's the section where they offer reduced prices for kids. Its NOT the same thing. That said, don't know why they can't split it and make it so that say section G is for family only and only them with kids can get tickets. Wouldn't stop the swearing and fighting though. Some of the worst I saw and heard yesterday was from fans that had kids with them.

down-the-slope
14-04-2013, 11:14 PM

Simple

Eh not really as standing is not officially permitted anywhere, so cannot be promoted (even if in some areas a blind eye is turned)

Lucius Apuleius
15-04-2013, 06:57 AM
As I am getting old and the feet and the knees ain't what they used to be, I actually prefer sitting, so I too would get mightily peed off at someone standing in front of me the whole time.

doory
15-04-2013, 08:42 AM
I was in section F4 row AA and some people need to get a grip.. this is the family section yet i think i spotted 5 fights between grown men (and I think there was 1 with women) when went 3 down…. It's embarrasing and I hope the people involved hang there heads in shame...

Cant comment on if these are fns that go each week or just turn up for the "Big games" but they really need to get a grip... we can do without that sort of behaviour

lord bunberry
15-04-2013, 08:44 AM
Can we not have all these threads condensed into one thread titled our support is a disgrace and we should all be ashamed

gegs70
15-04-2013, 08:45 AM
Try saying sorry and sitting down.

SaulGoodman
15-04-2013, 08:46 AM
Can we not have all these threads condensed into one thread titled our support is a disgrace and we should all be ashamed

Or 'Hearts fans desperately cling to things happening with Hibs in order to feel better about their own situation'

Cabbage East
15-04-2013, 08:53 AM
We get it. We're all sc*m :rolleyes:

Ringothedog
15-04-2013, 09:00 AM
Lets get a few things sorted out:

1) yes there were a few fights, I do not condone them but they were nowhere near as many or as bad as is being made out.

2) There was no mass exodus(Fire Drill) when it went 0-3. There were still at least 16500 Hibs fans in the ground at the start of the second half

3) That was one of the biggest emotional rollercoasters I have ever been on.

4) cannae wait for the final. COME ON THE HIBS!!

Leishy1995
15-04-2013, 09:07 AM
I'd like to point out I was in D2 and was asked to sit. Despite the 15 people in front of me standing in the way.

I wouldn't be annoyed if the people sitting were getting behind the team like me and my friend but they were booing Clancy as he took a throw in or whenever her touched the ball.

The same people who'd say "stop hoofing it to Leigh" then get annoyed when we strung 3 passes about waiting for space to open up saying get forward.

North stand was only the standing section if hibs were winning.

Killiehibbie
15-04-2013, 09:08 AM
Nobody fighting in the bit I was in and no mass exodus either.

doory
15-04-2013, 09:13 AM
i'm not saying anyone is ****, or that there was a mass exodus, and by the way I'm no angel but a few people need to calm down, the game last's for 90 minutes cause you go a couple down that doesn't give the green light for all hell to break loose...

All i'm saying consider your environment and surroundings and respect the people around you..... simpelllssssss

CropleyWasGod
15-04-2013, 09:20 AM
i'm not saying anyone is ****, or that there was a mass exodus, and by the way I'm no angel but a few people need to calm down, the game last's for 90 minutes cause you go a couple down that doesn't give the green light for all hell to break loose...

All i'm saying consider your environment and surroundings and respect the people around you..... simpelllssssss

I considered my environment.

At 3-0 down I needed a slash. However, I didn't want to slope off to the bog, lest everyone else thought I was sneaking out. Ultimately, as I considered the alternatives of holding it in/ wetting myself/ peeing down the back of the guy in front of me... the walk of shame seemed the least-bad option, environmentally.

Am I an Uber-fan?

doory
15-04-2013, 09:30 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^

My post was not about anyone leaving, my shout is about idiots fighting each other and the total disregard of the people around them (kids,women and OAP's) if you need a pish then carry on i couldn't give a toss were you do it as long as it wasn't on me

blackpoolhibs
15-04-2013, 09:30 AM
I considered my environment.

At 3-0 down I needed a slash. However, I didn't want to slope off to the bog, lest everyone else thought I was sneaking out. Ultimately, as I considered the alternatives of holding it in/ wetting myself/ peeing down the back of the guy in front of me... the walk of shame seemed the least-bad option, environmentally.

Am I an Uber-fan?

Thats the trouble with the new Hampden, in bygone days we could just piss down the back of the guy standing in front of you. :wink:

CropleyWasGod
15-04-2013, 09:32 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^

My post was not about anyone leaving, my shout is about idiots fighting each other and the total disregard of the people around them (kids,women and OAP's) if you need a pish then carry on i couldn't give a toss were you do it as long as it wasn't on me

Check your pocket, mate. :greengrin

lord bunberry
15-04-2013, 09:33 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^

I doubt anyone is disagreeing with you mate its just that there seems to be more threads criticising our support than there is about the game. We know there was a few idiots there but it was a tiny minority. There needs to be a proper family section for these games

marinello59
15-04-2013, 10:08 AM
I doubt anyone is disagreeing with you mate its just that there seems to be more threads criticising our support than there is about the game. We know there was a few idiots there but it was a tiny minority. There needs to be a proper family section for these games

Aye, its getting silly now. The vast majority of us were well behaved and enjoyed the day out. The tiny amount of ********s who didn't would not be welcome in any section no matter what it was designated. All in all I was very proud to be a part of that crowd on Saturday.

lord bunberry
15-04-2013, 10:12 AM
Aye, its getting silly now. The vast majority of us were well behaved and enjoyed the day out. The tiny amount of ********s who didn't would not be welcome in any section no matter what it was designated. All in all I was very proud to be a part of that crowd on Saturday.

I was proud as well for the 45 mins I stayed anyway

GlenrothesHibee
15-04-2013, 10:25 AM

Agree there should be a family section. I had my 4 year old daughter with me and the guy right behind us was blootered and "F"ing and "C"ing all game. Particularly first half! Now im not nieve, i know its a football game and we all get frustrated but it would just be good to have a family section and the option to sit there.

I think it would suit both parties as some folk like to go to the football and let off steam without having to be aware of their surroundings. Definitely something for clubs/SFA to consider

DH1875
15-04-2013, 12:34 PM
Again, the East isn't the family section. If it was it be the biggest in the world. Who's ever heard of a 13k family section? It is a section where they offer reduced ticket prices. Its not the same thing. As neither Falkirk or Utd had part of the North stand and only had behind the goals were they all in the family section? For what its worth I was in the east but then I know how to behave. I did stand from time to time but when the rows in front stand In front of you what you want me to do, sit and stare at their ....? And here is the thing, most of the dodgy behaviour I saw on Saturday was from guys AND women who were there with their kids.
All I'm saying is, doesn't matter where you are, North, South or East you should always show respect to those around you.