PDA

View Full Version : Cup Final Build up Thread

down-the-slope
14-04-2013, 07:50 AM
:greengrin allow me the indulgence.....

After the great Semi Final thread which I loved checking to see the from where / routes / lengths / cost / ticket issues / way they spent build up / with who ..... Hibs supporters were coming to Semi Final.....

Here's the Cup Final one.

I have booked Hotel last night within 30 mins of getting home - 2 * Triple Rooms (bargain £38 each) at IBIS budget at Springfield Quay (short walk from Central Station) to give flexibility should there be any changes

Most likely Brother and my 2 Teenage girls...Saturday early through to Glasgow day of doing some stuff such as science museum / transport museum etc....help if needed in late afternoon with setting up Cup Final display (Can take the A-Team van if required for transporting stuff) Out for dinner in evening and then couple of beers for me and Brother while Girls get earlier night...

Sunday up early for Brekkie at Sir John Moore opposite Central Station (Large Scottish Breakfast of course)... Assuming its a 3pm KO they a bit more Touristy stuff before lunch and then heading at around 12pm to Park to East of Hampden and soak up the pre match atmosphere.......then the Game (hopefully sat right in Section F1/F2 near the front).......and .......................another chapter in being a Hibbie will unfold...

SwanseaHibs
14-04-2013, 08:26 AM
Train from Swansea to London on the Saturday morning, London to Edinburgh in the afternoon getting into Edinburgh about 6ish. A better route than through Brum, and I did the Kings Cross run for the 2007 CIS Final so got a bit of history there.
Easy run up, fairly quiet night on the Saturday then a bit of brekkie on Sunday before heading through to Hampden. Undecided on getting the train through to Hampden or booking seats on a bus, will let the others in my group make a call on that.

No worries on the ticket front as I have a Season Ticket and have also renewed for next season.

Back South on the Monday morning. Canny wait now.

GGTTH.

lyonhibs
14-04-2013, 08:31 AM
Flying home on the Wednesday via London Luton. Couple of days "working from home" (ma arse) then got a close friend's wedding in Glasgow on the Saturday.

Bevvy at that, invariably sing Sunshine of Leith to a hall filled of disgusted onlookers in pretty frocks then wake up - ideally - in my girlfriend's flat on the Sunday morning.

Click my heels together 3 times and off to a pub by noon at the latest to meet mates. Beer beer beer.

I refuse to pass comment on the match itself until after the event. All I will say is that up until kick-off at least, it's going to be a great day.

down-the-slope
15-04-2013, 03:13 PM
Thats a couple of long trips...

PerfectlyFranck
15-04-2013, 03:23 PM
I was hoping to get the supporter's bus again from ER but thanks to the match being on a Sunday, the earliest train will have me in Edinburgh at 10:45.

I can't afford to stay overnight or drive to Glasgow and family will be away so the 4am bus up from Newcastle looks likely - the price of that is a joke too. :boo hoo:

down-the-slope
15-04-2013, 03:58 PM
I was hoping to get the supporter's bus again from ER but thanks to the match being on a Sunday, the earliest train will have me in Edinburgh at 10:45.

I can't afford to stay overnight or drive to Glasgow and family will be away so the 4am bus up from Newcastle looks likely - the price of that is a joke too. :boo hoo:

Post something in travel forum...bound to be someone who will drive up from that part of the world that would fancy company / cost share :agree:

truehibernian
15-04-2013, 04:17 PM
Just looking at little 'coincidental facts' from our last 'holy grail' win - just for fun.

Hibs last won the cup in 1902 as we all know - by coincidence it was a 1-0 win against our cup final opponents this year, Celtic. The game was played on the 26th of April - our game has been moved this year to the 26th May - the winners of the cup back in 1901, the year before our win was, yep, Hearts - I needn't mention who won it last year.

The year we won the cup we also had an Irish manager at the helm.

There's something in what Ryan McGivern said you know....................................:greengrin

Ayrshire Hibee
15-04-2013, 04:25 PM
Club sorted in Sunny Galston with 1 bus coming through already for early drinks,food,music & re run of the semi on screen in lounge :greengrin

Franck Stanton
15-04-2013, 04:26 PM
cant be arsed, ah'm no goin'

GlenrothesHibee
15-04-2013, 04:54 PM
Who do we play in next seasons final?

steviej147
15-04-2013, 05:35 PM
fly from belfast to edinburgh on 24th and stay with family then head through to hampden about 10.30 ish offered my brother a ticket as he supports the other edinburgh team,but he declined thought it was a good jesture as they wont see next season let alone a sc final.:flag:

blairwallace
15-04-2013, 06:28 PM
first piece of superstition, the honours of Scotland were locked away in 1707 before being recovered in 1818 by sir Walter Scott , 111 years later. will the honour of Scottish football return to Easter road 111 year later too?

down-the-slope
16-04-2013, 08:21 PM
fly from belfast to edinburgh on 24th and stay with family then head through to hampden about 10.30 ish offered my brother a ticket as he supports the other edinburgh team,but he declined thought it was a good jesture as they wont see next season let alone a sc final.:flag:

You might have a queue of 'takers' for your brothers ticket on here :wink: