PDA

View Full Version : We are in The Scottish Cup Final - let the positivity begin.

SwanseaHibs
14-04-2013, 06:27 AM
I know yesterday's 1st half was shocking but we turned it around, PF showed he had a plan B by going 4-4-2, we scored 4 goals in 75 minutes, missed a penalty, hit the woodwork and had a goal disallowed. Add to that we scored 4 in the previous round against an SPL team away from home, beat 2 SPL teams at home whilst keeping clean sheets - let's be positive about the final to come.

It is 6 weeks until the game so 6 weeks of stories about travelling home, which pubs to go to before the game, the usual ticket scramble and generally playing the post-split fixtures whilst building up to Hampden.

We got out of jail yesterday, PF will learn from it, 6 weeks of feeling a bit better about ourselves awaits.

GGTTH.

DarlingtonHibee
14-04-2013, 06:33 AM
I know yesterday's 1st half was shocking but we turned it around, PF showed he had a plan B by going 4-4-2, we scored 4 goals in 75 minutes, missed a penalty, hit the woodwork and had a goal disallowed. Add to that we scored 4 in the previous round against an SPL team away from home, beat 2 SPL teams at home whilst keeping clean sheets - let's be positive about the final to come.

It is 6 weeks until the game so 6 weeks of stories about travelling home, which pubs to go to before the game, the usual ticket scramble and generally playing the post-split fixtures whilst building up to Hampden.

We got out of jail yesterday, PF will learn from it, 6 weeks of feeling a bit better about ourselves awaits.

GGTTH.

Just woke up -did that really happen yesterday, or was it a dream :thumbsup:

I hope, and do think that Pat will reflect on this day re 4-4-2.

If Dundee Utd get through, we will need to go at them, as they will come at us.

WestEndHibee
14-04-2013, 07:20 AM

GGTTH.

Spot on. Part of me is thinking oh-no here we go again... However the majority of me is thinking

HIBS ARE IN THE FINAL. Let the build-up begin

:pfgwa:hibees:pfgwa:hibees:pfgwa:flag::pfgwa:hibee s:flag:

Springbank
14-04-2013, 07:47 AM

GGTTH.

I hope you're right re the parts in bold- we are useless with three ponderous, slow, tip-tapping central midfielders as 451. Falkirk's kids laid that bare yesterday.

I hope PF has learned now from that ,…, and that we get steamrollered into whoever we face in the Final.

GGTTH!

Craig_in_Prague
14-04-2013, 07:47 AM
Not just the fact we got into to the final but I hope the performance > HT will now lead Pat to playing more positive attacking football. We have players like Harris, Handling and Sparky that can drive at teams and cause them problems.
A bit dissapointed to see Doyle leaving but if we get someone like Taylor and somehow can keep Sparky, then I really hope Pat goes 2 up or at least changes our style to try take the games to opposition..

So whilst I am chuffed we have made the final, I am convinced if we had not turned the game round (or came back at least and ran them close) that Fenlon would have been a gonner or resigned... I really hope he uses the remaining league games to be positive and give the fans more confidence that the style next season will be more positive and exciting.

I hope this gives him the platform to take us forward now & hopefully never play so slow, turgid football we seen in the 1st half ever again.