PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else who couldn't find their bus for the journey home?

iwasthere1972
13-04-2013, 10:07 PM
Just interested as despite getting back to the place where the buses were parked (and in plenty time as far as I am concerned) our bus was nowhere to be seen.

I'll take it up with the convenor of the bus later when I've got over the traumas of the day.

DH1875
13-04-2013, 10:31 PM
I'm more intrested in the story of how you got home lol.

HibernianJK
14-04-2013, 10:26 AM
Yep I had no idea where the four in hand bus 2 was

iwasthere1972
15-04-2013, 11:06 AM
I'm more intrested in the story of how you got home lol.

Thought I should come back with an answer to your question. There was four of us in our group and we managed to get the "younger" two on a Hibs coach that had a couple of spare seats. Don't know what coach number it was but would like to say thanks to them. Meanwhile me and my brother (Jack and Victor) kept looking for our bus which I think was last seen with Lord Lucan on it speeding it's way back to Edinburgh shortly after the final whistle. We spent the next 20 minutes or so trying to find our bus, at the same time seeing if we could cadge a lift of another bus with no joy. At this point we decided there was nothing else to do but make our way to Mount Florida and train it back to the capital. On the way to the train station we noticed a couple of Duddingston Coach Hire buses parked not far from the Montford House. Only the drivers were on the coaches as the fans were in the Montford House celebrating our famous victory. Anyway to get to the point we were able to get on on their coaches going back to Edinburgh. Can't remember the convenor's name but would like to say a big thanks anyway. :aok:

Scouse Hibee
15-04-2013, 11:09 AM
Thought I should come back with an answer to your question. There was four of us in our group and we managed to get the "younger" two on a Hibs coach that had a couple of spare seats. Don't know what coach number it was but would like to say thanks to them. Meanwhile me and my brother (Jack and Victor) kept looking for our bus which I think was last seen with Lord Lucan on it speeding it's way back to Edinburgh shortly after the final whistle. We spent the next 20 minutes or so trying to find our bus, at the same time seeing if we could cadge a lift of another bus with no joy. At this point we decided there was nothing else to do but make our way to Mount Florida and train it back to the capital. On the way to the train station we noticed a couple of Duddingston Coach Hire buses parked not far from the Montford House. Only the drivers were on the coaches as the fans were in the Montford House celebrating our famous victory. Anyway to get to the point we were able to get on on their coaches going back to Edinburgh. Can't remember the convernor's name but would like to say a big thanks anyway. :aok:

So what happened to your bus, were you late back and missed it?

iwasthere1972
15-04-2013, 11:11 AM
So what happened to your bus, were you late back and missed it?

We weren't late back. Just couldn't find it. First time that's happened. It was a forty seater bus.....maybe the other 36 left at half-time. :greengrin