PDA

View Full Version : Formations and tactics

Hibby Kay-Yay
13-04-2013, 07:56 PM
4-5-1 is meant to make us tougher to beat. First half 0-3 down.

A change of tactics and formation makes us more attacking and we kept a clean sheet. 4-0 winners, 4-3 overall.

If I was Pat I'd be playing the 2nd half formation and tactics for the rest of the season so that we can fine tune it for the final.

BEEJ
13-04-2013, 08:39 PM
Hard to believe really that in the first half with 5 players across the midfield, including the experience of Thomson, Claros and Robertson, we were utterly dominated in that area of the park.

And during that first 45 the gaps in our defence in and around our own penalty area were terrifying - any 'second-phase' ball seemed to fall immediately to a Falkirk player - because they were quicker to respond.

A defensive formation set-up in the first half and we were utterly overwhelmed. :confused:

Boyle89
13-04-2013, 08:43 PM
It's no suprise we were pish 1st half as we've been fairly pish since we started playing 451. If fenlon goes back to that at ANY time for the rest of the season he should leave. Was literally night and day when we changed.

DH1875
13-04-2013, 08:52 PM
If we play 451 between now and the cup final I'll scream.

PeterboroHibee
13-04-2013, 08:55 PM
The formation and tactics first half were dreadful, no idea what Fenlon was thinking. 451 only works for us when Griffiths is having an absolute stormer, and you cant rely on one player every game. Pleased with how quickly he changed things around however, and as has been said, hopefully he sticks with a similar set up for the remaining games.

HibeeN
13-04-2013, 09:05 PM
Was saying the same today. :agree: The team that finished the game today have to start against Aberdeen next Monday, and (barring injuries or suspensions) should be playing every week in order to give them the best preparation for the final. I know there is extra prize money on offer depending on where we finish in the table, but I'd rather see us use the remaining league games to try to get used to these players in that system and maybe build some momentum for the final.

Resting a few against Hearts might be advisable, having said that. :greengrin

Tyler Durden
13-04-2013, 09:30 PM
Said at the game, it's amazing how you can create chances by getting the ball wide and crossing into a box with 2 or 3 targets. Who'd have thought?

Fenlon will hopefully learn from this, was 45 minutes from the sack and primarily 2 young guys playing wide have saved him. As earlier poster mentioned, to paraphrase, attack is best form of defence. Lets see Hibs going out to win a game from the start please, enough of this cagey defensive pish.