PDA

View Full Version : Well done Falkirk

RoxburghHibs
13-04-2013, 07:30 PM
What a day - anger, shock, delight, jubilation, shattered.

Anyway whilst we were awful for 50 mins I just wanted to say well done to the Falkirk players as you totally deserved the 3-0 lead at HT (could have been 4). A good club and I hope they are back in the SPL soon.

Hibernia Na Eir
13-04-2013, 07:33 PM
disagree. another small central Scotland hun unit.
Get right into them!!!

Fenlons flying column.
heroes of 81

JimBHibees
13-04-2013, 07:33 PM
I thought they were a credit to the game to be honest having so many talented youngsters in their line up doing so well. Thought Sibbald was excellent. Obviously have a very good youth set up.

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-04-2013, 07:40 PM
If they had one or two older heads to keep driving them on at three up, this would be a different thread

The Harp
13-04-2013, 07:43 PM
Get right into them!!!

Fenlons flying column.
heroes of 81

They certainly were a number of years ago. Whenever we went through to Brockville in those days you were guaranteed a battle. I'd like to think their fans have mellowed and improved a bit over the years but maybe that's just wishful thinking. As for the performance of their players in that first half, I thought they played some lovely stuff (unfortunately) and did the first division proud.

Speedway
13-04-2013, 07:44 PM
The Bairns and their manager did themselves proud today. Full credit to them.

Sergey
13-04-2013, 07:44 PM
Get right into them!!!

Fenlons flying column.
heroes of 81

Toss-pot of an answer to a legit question,

hibee19
13-04-2013, 07:50 PM
Get right into them!!!

Fenlons flying column.
heroes of 81

I'd say 95% of fans of all other clubs leave the sectarianism to the old firm. Maybe you should consider doing the same.

hibee_nation
13-04-2013, 07:53 PM
Had a good time with some Bairns fans in the clockwork bar after the game, wished us well in the final. Well done to them when they must have been hurting.

LeighLoyal
13-04-2013, 07:55 PM
Get right into them!!!

Fenlons flying column.
heroes of 81

That is pish mate. The huns here support the huns, not Falkirk.

Well done to the bairns for setting right about us in that first half.

TomoHFC
13-04-2013, 07:57 PM
Fair play to Falkirk they did play well but was unlucky. If they keep their young players who knows they be back in the league

maturehibby
13-04-2013, 08:02 PM
Commiserated with a few on the way back into Glasgow city centre and they said that Lee Griffiths was the difference - they said put a ball onto his left foot and thats all it needed as the second half progressed to do the damage that beat them - they alsosaid they were all out on their fe as the second half went on - which flies in the face of all the posts that said that Hibs players are not fully fit and dont train properly as they were the only team able to keep running - and bear in mind falkirk are a full time team as well so no excuse there - finally they wished us well in the final .

pontius pilate
13-04-2013, 08:03 PM
Yep well done Falkirk a credit to the game today

truehibernian
13-04-2013, 08:08 PM

Great credit to him for his attitude and praise after the game - he must have been hurting really badly and that second half and extra time must have knocked the wind out him - fantastic to see him praise his lads and still smile at the end of a game which two teams put so much into (at very different times in the game).

The physical fitness drained from the youngsters - as someone said, I dread to think what would have happened had Falkirk had a couple of wise old pros in the middle of the park today at 0-3 kicking off the second half. But you have to credit Hibs and Pat for such spirited comeback - just astonishing.

Eyrie
13-04-2013, 09:36 PM
As shocking as we were, Falkirk's play in the first half fully merited their 3-0 lead. We'd have had no grounds for arguing if they'd held on to win. Good luck to them for next season (especially if we can get Taylor).

BS44
13-04-2013, 09:44 PM
Toss-pot of an answer to a legit question,

Yep.

First time ever I have walked out a Hibs game feeling some sympathy with the opponent's fans. They were gutted and rightly so

Yuillsy
13-04-2013, 09:51 PM
I said to my mate the worst thing that could happen would be for them to go 1-0 up. I Thought they would shut up.shop after that but fair play they went out and scored another 2 goals. I still can't believe Hibs came back and won!!!

O'Rourke3
13-04-2013, 10:24 PM
Get right into them!!!

Fenlons flying column.
heroes of 81

Oh dear

ballengeich
13-04-2013, 10:36 PM
Get right into them!!!

Fenlons flying column.
heroes of 81

There's a fair number of Bairns at my work. They're not Huns.

Borderhibbie76
14-04-2013, 12:56 AM
Yeah totally agree, falkirk done themselves and first division proud today!! Delighted we won but feel for their fans and I also thought Gary holt was gracious in defeat!!! Comment about fitness levels is a good one, we r forever hearing on.here that hibs players are lazy, unfit, dont train etc....well not on that showing today against a full time team!!

JOD
14-04-2013, 03:24 AM
Get right into them!!!

Fenlons flying column.
heroes of 81

As a Hibee who lives in Falkirk I can assure That the Bairns fans are not huns(to use your words)

St Mungos/Francis RC Schools where my 3 children and now my granddaughter is being educated have a great number of young Falkirk fans
who were at the match today supporting their local team.

So please dont come out with this kinda p...h when you dont know the facts.

HailHail

God Petrie
14-04-2013, 04:05 AM
Would care if they brought more than 5k to a semi. Tinpot club. Hope it hurts.

HH81
14-04-2013, 05:06 AM

Agreed, played well.

HH81
14-04-2013, 05:08 AM

Why do you care? It does not matter who brings what, just enjoy the game and we won. Lets have a party or a headache.

EdinMike
14-04-2013, 05:24 AM
Gary Holt seems like a decent bloke as well, I hope the Bairns come back soon. Miss the trips to Falkirk. :aok:

Lucius Apuleius
14-04-2013, 05:31 AM

Ridiculous comment. Also to hibernainaneir or however you spell it, I also live in Falkirk district and have many many Falkirk supporters as friends. There is no hun love in there.

joe breezy
14-04-2013, 08:31 AM

Mmmh so you just sympathise with teams with bigger supports like Rangers Celtic and Hearts, smart logic

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-04-2013, 08:56 AM
Full credit to Holt and the players for giving it their all but the better and more experienced team showed through in the end with MAGICAL comeback. Need to say some of there players are talented and would welcome 1 or 2 over here (Taylor and Alston)