PDA

View Full Version : Anyone actually enjoying getting to the final?

bingo70
13-04-2013, 06:35 PM
We've just got to the Scottish Cup final for the second year in a row and almost every thread seems to be full of bickering about how Fenlon's still not up to it, we started badly, we've got the worst fans in the world (apart from Millwall), this or that player are *****, we're still pish etc......

I get all of the above but we've just qualified for the Scottish cup final so i'm amazed there's not even a bit more positivity and turning a bind eye to some of our flaws. Personally think we'll get beat in the final still but we've got a chance and we can have a great day out finding out without the worry of knowing that if we lose then Hearts will win it. There's a good chance we'll be in Europe next year now and that's not something we've been able to say enough over the last 20 years and we'll make a decent amount of cash that may allow us to keep Griffiths.

I'm sure there are other positives to be had but i think i've had them drained out of me reading this Board over the last few hours, feel free to add them below but it'd be appreciated if you didn't qualify any positive bye bringing up a negative that we're probably all already aware of.

Eyrie
13-04-2013, 06:51 PM
Fair point. Back-to-back finals for the first time in something like 90 years is not to be sniffed at.

Baldy Foghorn
13-04-2013, 06:54 PM
Im over the moon we are back in the Final, amazing after the way the game panned out?

We should not fear being there either, as our opponents are both beatable.....:flag:

Sir David Gray
13-04-2013, 06:59 PM
We've just got to the Scottish Cup final for the second year in a row and almost every thread seems to be full of bickering about how Fenlon's still not up to it, we started badly, we've got the worst fans in the world (apart from Millwall), this or that player are *****, we're still pish etc......

I get all of the above but we've just qualified for the Scottish cup final so i'm amazed there's not even a bit more positivity and turning a bind eye to some of our flaws. Personally think we'll get beat in the final still but we've got a chance and we can have a great day out finding out without the worry of knowing that if we lose then Hearts will win it. There's a good chance we'll be in Europe next year now and that's not something we've been able to say enough over the last 20 years and we'll make a decent amount of cash that may allow us to keep Griffiths.

I'm sure there are other positives to be had but i think i've had them drained out of me reading this Board over the last few hours, feel free to add them below but it'd be appreciated if you didn't qualify any positive bye bringing up a negative that we're probably all already aware of.

:top marks I don't even want to contemplate any negativity tonight.

Just enjoying a remarkable comeback and the fact that we're in our second Scottish Cup final in successive years.

SwanseaHibs
13-04-2013, 07:01 PM
I am absolutely delighted we're there, I bought a ticket for today even though it was unlikely I could go as I was babysitting (was hopeful the wife would show some compassion - she can go a shopping trip to London any weekend!), and I am already looking forward to the final. I have the train booked and can't wait.

I know this competition hasn't been kind to us, all the way back to '79 to the first appearance I remember, but we're there and I, for one, am delighted.

GGTTH.

Kato
13-04-2013, 07:01 PM
Totally. No gripes for me. Over the course of the tie, we won. That's what cup ties are about.

down-the-slope
13-04-2013, 07:02 PM
I am totally stoked at getting the chance again to get that cup....straight home and booked the hotel rooms for the final....cant wait :greengrin

Billy Whizz
13-04-2013, 07:03 PM
You know what the game could easily have ended 7-4 to us. We missed glaring opportunities in the 2nd half, missed a penalty, were denied 2 stone wallers, and by all accounts, although I haven't seem it again, Griffiths scored in extra time a good goal,which by all accounts was on side!!!!

Just about to watch it all again

O'Rourke3
13-04-2013, 07:08 PM
Despite lasting the whole game my joy at going through is tempered by the thought I can't get to the final on the day. So like both halves today pleasure and pain. Having said that I've missed all the odd games and seen the evens on this cup run and we've won the lot. We have an Irish manager and 111 played backwards says Paul is dead, it's Hibees for the cup, so I don't care who we now get in the final :flag::flag::flag: