PDA

View Full Version : Ben Williams, M.O.T.M.

fat freddy
13-04-2013, 04:47 PM
My 500th post so i'll start my first thread.

Ben Williams...his save in the first half to keep the score down to 3-0 was crucial...4-0 and there was no way back

2nd last minute of extra time...everyone is celebrating and i feel the importance of yet another save in a one on one situation might be overlooked but this save was out of the top drawer and kept the game from going to a penalty decider.

Ben Williams...at last we have a keeper worthy of the jersey.

Baldy Foghorn
13-04-2013, 04:51 PM

Ben Williams...his save in the first half to keep the score down to 3-0 was crucial...4-0 and there was no way back

2nd last minute of extra time...everyone is celebrating and i feel the importance of yet another save in a one on one situation might be overlooked but this save was out of the top drawer and kept the game from going to a penalty decider.

Yes couple of vital saves, but MOTM not in my opinion.....Harris for me....

Vault Boy
13-04-2013, 04:54 PM

Excellent keeper and made a number of important saves yet again today, however MOTM has to go to Harris, one goal, one assist and a bright spark on an initially woeful performance. Williams has been an absolute steal for us, real quality keeper.

Boyle89
13-04-2013, 04:58 PM
The save 1 on 1 v taylor kept us in it (in the grand scheme of things). His save right at the death was also superb. If it wasnt for Harris I would've given it to Ben.

AlbertK86
13-04-2013, 04:59 PM
Harris for me ... You could see him just say ... I'll need to drag these useless fits out the more and his ability turned the game

Player

Heedersnvolleys
13-04-2013, 05:03 PM
Not for me just seen there 3rd goal should have done better!

HibeeDave
13-04-2013, 05:05 PM
Harris for me.

His directness and willingness to attack the defenders changed the game

neil7908
13-04-2013, 05:05 PM
Leigh will obviously win our POTY award but Williams (and probably Claros) should run him very close.

Ben was excellent today and its not often you can say that about a keeper who has lost 3 goals. The 4 defenders in front of him are another story but it does feel good to know we have someone between the sticks who will save us numerous points every season, rather than one that will cost us points (see Zibi, Makalamby etc).

GreenCastle
13-04-2013, 05:13 PM
The 1v1 save at 3v0 was a game changing moment :agree:

sleeping giant
13-04-2013, 05:14 PM
Nope. Harris by a mile for me.
Oozed class for someone so young.

hfc rd
14-04-2013, 12:12 AM
The 1v1 save at 3v0 was a game changing moment :agree:

Yep. Plus the one right at the end of ET. It was like celebrating a goal when he saved and held onto that shot from the impressive Lyle Taylor.

surreyhibbie
14-04-2013, 12:17 AM
Superb keeper, happy to have him. And he made a couple of great saves today,
Always solid, but MOM definitely Harris for me.

ehf
14-04-2013, 12:26 AM
Superb keeper, happy to have him. And he made a couple of great saves today,
Always solid, but MOM definitely Harris for me.

Just watched the highlights and Taylor was a good yard offside with that shot at the end, whilst Super Leigh was onside when he put the ball in the net at the start of extra time but the same linesman flagged him off. Didn't matter in the end, but it so easily could have...