PDA

View Full Version : Mom

EastCalderHibby
13-04-2013, 04:13 PM
McGivern for me 'But who got it as was to busy singing sol at the end and missed it:flag::flag::flag::flag:

Beefster
13-04-2013, 04:13 PM
Harris by a country mile.

CallumLaidlaw
13-04-2013, 04:15 PM
Griffiths got it I think.
I thought Harris. Although Doyle and Taiwo were excellent once on

Onion
13-04-2013, 04:15 PM

:top marks Changed the game virtually on his tod. Outstanding performance by the young lad.

LaMotta
13-04-2013, 04:53 PM
McGivern for me 'But who got it as was to busy singing sol at the end and missed it:flag::flag::flag::flag:

No chance he was all over the place first half hour!

Harris by A MILE

jane_says
13-04-2013, 04:58 PM

McGivern!!:shocked::shocked::shocked:

As others have said, Harris by an absolute country mile.

Doyle deserves a mention too, totally changed the game, best game i've seen him play for Hibs

And then even still, Harris by a country mile

wookie70
13-04-2013, 05:03 PM
McGivern was a bombscae for me and must have been glad Clancy was playing as he was one of the few who were worse than he was. I would have given Harris the MOTM at the end of 90 mins but Claros was amazing in terms of the full 120 mins. Notable mentions for Handling and Doyle and I thought Taiwo was decent too when he came on.

Baldy Foghorn
13-04-2013, 05:07 PM

Ditto.....

LaMotta
McGivern was a bombscae for me and must have been glad Clancy was playing as he was one of the few who were worse than he was. I would have given Harris the MOTM at the end of 90 mins but Claros was amazing in terms of the full 120 mins. Notable mentions for Handling and Doyle and I thought Taiwo was decent too when he came on.

Thats how i seen it mate, totally agree.

Also, Robertson should never wear a Hibs jersey again after that.

Heedersnvolleys
MGivern was a bombscae for me and must have been glad Clancy was playing as he was one of the few who were worse than he was. I would have given Harris the MOTM at the end of 90 mins but Claros was amazing in terms of the full 120 mins. Notable mentions for Handling and Doyle and I thought Taiwo was decent too when he came on.

Have to say hibs have managed it again McGivern arrived an accomplished player but recently thought he has been poor.

Stringer
13-04-2013, 05:10 PM
Griffiths got it I think.
I thought Harris. Although Doyle and Taiwo were excellent once on

Harris and Handling had great games, should mention Doyle.

hibeedonald
13-04-2013, 05:14 PM
No Hibernian FC defended should me mom after conceding 3 V Falkirk. Don't thank any of the defense played bad individually, just as a unit they were hopeless.

LaMotta
13-04-2013, 05:17 PM
No Hibernian FC defended should me mom after conceding 3 V Falkirk. Don't thank any of the defense played bad individually, just as a unit they were hopeless.

Clancy had a stinker.

wheniwas5
13-04-2013, 05:36 PM

mcgivern?? he was lucky to get the full 90 minutes he was shocking.

Billy Whizz
13-04-2013, 05:37 PM
Harris or Claros for me, Harris supplied the magic, but Jorg kept us going

down-the-slope
13-04-2013, 05:39 PM
McGivern :rolleyes: he was one of the poorest...

Harris with only Claros pushing for it from full match players...all 3 subs made big impacts on the game and showed up the starters.

And before history is re-written Griffiths goals aside (that were in the end vital) had a shocker too. Shooting when players open for a pass several times/ mis controlled often / gets in Doyles way when he was about to tap in pen rebound (after his poor pen) Harris''s run and pass for Leighs first would not have been made if roles were revered...on a plate for him...

Great entertainment with the ecstasy all the more sweet after the agony

hibbydog
13-04-2013, 05:57 PM
Harris was brilliant

Honourable mentions to Doyle and Handling.

Robertson ad cairney never to wear the jersey again please.

Seveno
13-04-2013, 06:00 PM
I was on the edge of my seat every time that Harris got he ball. Easily MotM for me but Claros was also class today.

ScottB
13-04-2013, 06:01 PM
Harris was outstanding. More like him would be nice!

lucky
13-04-2013, 06:02 PM
Harris by mile. McGivan was poor but not Robertson or Crainey standards

hibee_girl
13-04-2013, 06:05 PM
Claros was my mom, he simply strolled through that game.

Harris was good but don't think it was a mom performance.

Doyle deserves a special mention too, he changed the game.

TornadoHibby
13-04-2013, 06:06 PM
Claros was composed, assured, confident and outstanding defensively and offensively from start to finish!

Never missed a tackle or misplaced a pass throughout!

Scouse Hibee
13-04-2013, 06:08 PM

Really??? I don't know how you can say that, I thought he was pretty poor at times and said so during the match. Claros or Harris for me.

Craig_in_Prague
13-04-2013, 06:10 PM
Harris clear MOM but well done Handling too, running at teams, thats what you need! ...Doyle also played very well and its a bit sad he is away end of season. Claros was excellent but I feel needs to move the ball on quicker at times.
Harris could have a helluva future.

Special mention once more to Sparky, who wasnt at his best and missed a pen too, but kept going and got the crucial 2nd and a truely superb winner.

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-04-2013, 06:10 PM
Harris, by a distance.
There will be one or two Hibs players needing the after sun for their red faces tonight after the showings by Katie and Doyler.

nonshinyfinish
13-04-2013, 06:14 PM
Harris by a long, long way.

Griffiths obviously must be commended for his goals, but overall it was a poor display by his standards.

I thought McGivern was good in the second half. None of the defenders got anywhere near pass marks for the first half.

Claros was good, as usual.

Clancy was pretty poor throughout, I thought, even in the second half when the team as a whole had greatly improved.

Williams had a couple of really crucial saves.

Robertson was awful, just awful.

cabbageandribs1875
13-04-2013, 06:17 PM
No chance he was all over the place first half hour!

Harris by A MILE

McGivern was poor 1st half imo :agree: and clancy was pretty poor throughout

HibeeN
13-04-2013, 06:19 PM
Sky Sports gave it to Harris but the Scottish FA have a picture of Griffiths on twitter with champagne saying he got it. Not sure if there were two different awards?

hibee_girl
13-04-2013, 06:21 PM
Sky Sports gave it to Harris but the Scottish FA have a picture of Griffiths on twitter with champagne saying he got it. Not sure if there were two different awards?

Think griffiths got it from match sponsors

ehf
13-04-2013, 06:22 PM
Harris by the length of Leith Walk.

Glass half full
13-04-2013, 06:26 PM
Claros throughout the game was the one player that tried to keep the ball moving, playing simple passes and retaining possession. Seemed to improve when Hibs had to open up and held the middle of the park well.

Harris showed real courage, showing for the ball and retaining possession when the team were playing poorly.

Thought both full backs were below what they can be.

Williams saved us on a number of occasions.

Need a few confidence boosting performances before the final!

JimBHibees
13-04-2013, 07:53 PM

Completely though maybe one or two Falkirk players might have been in the running also, maybe Sibbald.

FromTheCapital
13-04-2013, 07:59 PM
Cannot split Harris and Claros... Both got a 10 for me - So they both get it! :flag:

sbell1875
13-04-2013, 08:00 PM

Claros yet again. He's easily as important a player as Griffiths is.

oramhibee
13-04-2013, 08:16 PM
Guy on the tannoy said Griffiths but Harris was superb!

:flag::flag::pfgwa:flag:

See you all at Hampden in May! (Day after my birthday :greengrin)

S.sct
13-04-2013, 08:17 PM
Harris by some margin. Agree with earlier post that he get's you off your seat. Hopefully a big future for the laddie.

Speedway
13-04-2013, 08:21 PM
Hanlon for me. Gave a defensive masterclass that the likes of Baresi, Maldini and Moore would have given their left spud to emulate.

Nomeancity
13-04-2013, 08:30 PM
Cannot split Harris and Claros... Both got a 10 for me - So they both get it! :flag:

Agree. Harris for the obvious stuff that helped win the game, Claros for the effort and composure in midfield.

thought McGovern was shocking first half - think about it all 3 goals came from his side. But he was up and down the park in the 2nd.

At the game I was raging with prima Donna Thomson and when I watched the 1st half on sky plus at home I was even more annoyed with him. But I think he was instrumental in our 2nd half improvement - he made a couple of meaty challenges, good passes and fought for the 2nd balls.

clancy poor, cairney shocking

griffiths, Doyle and handling good.

Nomeancity
13-04-2013, 08:36 PM
Agree. Harris for the obvious stuff that helped win the game, Claros for the effort and composure in midfield.

thought McGovern was shocking first half - think about it all 3 goals came from his side. But he was up and down the park in the 2nd.

At the game I was raging with prima Donna Thomson and when I watched the 1st half on sky plus at home I was even more annoyed with him. But I think he was instrumental in our 2nd half improvement - he made a couple of meaty challenges, good passes and fought for the 2nd balls.

clancy poor, cairney shocking

griffiths, Doyle and handling good.

meant McGivern not McGovern - auto text!!

DH1875
13-04-2013, 08:48 PM
I'll have some of what the OP is on. McGivern was shocking today. Had to be Claros for MOM.

ehf
13-04-2013, 08:50 PM
Hanlon for me. Gave a defensive masterclass that the likes of Baresi, Maldini and Moore would have given their left spud to emulate.

:agree: Just been having a beer with Franz Beckenbauer and he sais much the same.

Brightside
13-04-2013, 08:55 PM
:agree: Just been having a beer with Franz Beckenbauer and he sais much the same.

Could you imagine how good Hanlon would be if he wasnt covering for his partner all the time. Harris was sublime. A proper player who the team should be built around in future. I cannot believe how much Cairney has gone down hill in the last 6 months - obviously got serious fatigue issues. Oh and final thought....I'll never understand people who leave the game. The fans got the team the win today. Well done to those that stayed.

down-the-slope
14-04-2013, 09:16 AM
I hope Young Alex can be kept in tip top shape till the final...managing how much he plays will be a key decision

hibs4thecup1988
14-04-2013, 10:47 AM

IS this in jest?

He dived in for the first goal... was out of position for the 3rd, nowhere to be seen when the boy stooped to head in the 2nd.

For me it had to be Harris by a mile. How old is he? 17/18? Changed the game single handedly by actually wanting to run at their defence.

Brightside
14-04-2013, 11:15 AM
He dived in to cover a player running from midfield that Cairney let through. Following that there was plenty opportunity for both McPake and Clancy to close down the danger from the ball across. The mistakes that people always pick out with Hanlon are usually him doing another players job for them. He's a great player, and just needs another decent player next to him.

Captain Trips
14-04-2013, 03:35 PM
Not seen highlights yet but Falkirk went through on goal Williams did well to not dive down made the save to I think prevent it from 4-0 pretty sure it was 3-0 at time, key moment key save and MOM.

BSEJVT
14-04-2013, 03:51 PM

I know this is meant to be ironic and there is no doubt he was alsolutely honking, but I am not sure it's fair to single him out like this.

If I were giving marks to the defence for yesterday they would read:

Clancy 2 Truly dreadful performance, some absolute horror passes, only redeeeming feature was that he didnt hide.

Hanlon 3 Miles off the pace and got ripped by Taylor all over the place, obviously went to the Paul Cairney school of ball watching

McPake 3 the master of the overhit pass but at least won a few headers

McGivern 4 defensively suspect but at least had some contribution going forward

Joking apart, is it possible the players training regime actually makes them slower?

I dont think they are unfit as such but they are completely pedestrian, Harris, Griffiths and Doyle apart

blackpoolhibs
14-04-2013, 04:13 PM
He dived in to cover a player running from midfield that Cairney let through. Following that there was plenty opportunity for both McPake and Clancy to close down the danger from the ball across. The mistakes that people always pick out with Hanlon are usually him doing another players job for them. He's a great player, and just needs another decent player next to him.

Ladbrokes have paid out already. :wink:

HH81
14-04-2013, 04:14 PM
Doyle. Hibs scored 4 when he came on.

Bostonhibby
14-04-2013, 07:29 PM
Claros for me, even in the first half he hardly wasted a ball, class act. Thought Harris was outstanding too. Special mention for Williams who is the best keeper we've had in years but more importantly did the captains bit by having a go at and trying to organise the rest when the Falkirk goals were flying in and the defence wasn't a defence.