PDA

View Full Version : Emotionally drained...

Onion
13-04-2013, 04:02 PM
In all my years, never seen or experienced anything like that. Went from nervous pre-KO, to furious after 20 mins, to disbelief at 30 mins to despair at 45.

I could not blame 1 Hibs fan for leaving at HT, it was one of the most inept performances by any Hibs Team in all my days.

Young Harris lit up the second half, Griffith's pen miss dashed any remaining hopes, Griffiths (you can never keep him down), then Doyle scores the best goal of his life.

Finally, Griffiths with a goal from the gods, good enough to win any match and the the day was complete.

I am shattered, and still don't really believe what I've just seen. Hibs and the Cup, you could not make it up.

Col2
13-04-2013, 04:08 PM
Brilliant summary. I am shattered. The first half was a disgrace, an embarrassment and frankly Fenlon had one foot out the door. In the end the comeback was breathtaking, and in such an important game, in a competition that has never faired kindly for us.

Have we for a chance in the final? Who knows and frankly right now don't care. Today rightly or wrongly was the highlight of our season an probably biggest highlight given circumstances since CIS Cup in 2007.

The Voice Of Reason
13-04-2013, 04:27 PM
In all my years, never seen or experienced anything like that. Went from nervous pre-KO, to furious after 20 mins, to disbelief at 30 mins to despair at 45.

I could not blame 1 Hibs fan for leaving at HT, it was one of the most inept performances by any Hibs Team in all my days.

Young Harris lit up the second half, Griffith's pen miss dashed any remaining hopes, Griffiths (you can never keep him down), then Doyle scores the best goal of his life.

Finally, Griffiths with a goal from the gods, good enough to win any match and the the day was complete.

I am shattered, and still don't really believe what I've just seen. Hibs and the Cup, you could not make it up.

Good summary mate.

I am shattered, hoarse and REALLY glad that I didn't leave at 1/2 time (was sorely tempted!)

What a game !

Full credit to the players and management for turning it round !👍😄

davcar
13-04-2013, 06:20 PM
Perfect summery by OP !

What a complete mind ***** that was

HibeeN
13-04-2013, 06:27 PM
Well said. I am physically and mentally exhausted, I just want to sleep! Never been to a more draining game. Emotions all over the place, just ecstatic and relieved that we won and it was all worth it!

Lang Toun Hibs
13-04-2013, 06:31 PM

Just home and fortunately my kids don't seem as scarred as me! Beer and wine on a drip....and breathe!

hibee_girl
13-04-2013, 06:32 PM
Feel exactly the same, absolutely knackered!

Lang Toun Hibs
13-04-2013, 06:36 PM
Brilliant summary. I am shattered. The first half was a disgrace, an embarrassment and frankly Fenlon had one foot out the door. In the end the comeback was breathtaking, and in such an important game, in a competition that has never faired kindly for us.

Have we for a chance in the final? Who knows and frankly right now don't care. Today rightly or wrongly was the highlight of our season an probably biggest highlight given circumstances since CIS Cup in 2007.

Well done to all who stayed and endured the most awful 45 minutes followed by what I can only describe as unbelievable. Think Fenlon had more than one foot out the door at half time - his preferred system simply doesn't work with the players we have...they're not good enough to mimic Spain or barca. Glad he was able to change it though and has enough players to know that it is a big deal and it does matter.

GlenrothesHibee
13-04-2013, 06:36 PM
Had to explain to my 4 year old daughter why i was greetin at the end. Told her its because we are the Hibs. Unbelievable emotional rollercoaster of a game. Dear oh dear this bloody frustrating, incomprehensible,magnifecent football club of ours

Hiber-nation
13-04-2013, 06:38 PM
Aye great summary Onion, just logged on here even though I wasnae going to. Drink isnae working tonight, too drained.

nic81
13-04-2013, 06:39 PM
Had to explain to my 4 year old daughter why i was greetin at the end. Told her its because we are the Hibs. Unbelievable emotional rollercoaster of a game. Dear oh dear this bloody frustrating, incomprehensible,magnifecent football club of ours

Sums up how it feels to be a hibee perfectly:top marks

Pat 0-7
13-04-2013, 06:39 PM
A great summary mate. Back home now, knackered, sore throat, just watched the game again on the BBC recording with a beer or two. :thumbsup:

Gutted at half time, but that comeback was one of my best experiences as a hibby, especially with my kids being with me, they'll never forget it!!!

:flag:

scoopyboy
13-04-2013, 06:44 PM
Great post Onion.

I went through all the emotions today, when we went 4-3 up I just knew Falkirk would get a chance to equalise. So grateful to Big Ben for the save.

Have followed Hibs for over 45 years and we never just go and do it the easy way.

It will never change.

Stringer
13-04-2013, 06:49 PM
Amazing scenes!!! The first half display was the worst performance of any hibs team I have watched. The second half display was the best display of the season.

I have never seen footballers or fans more fired up!

Ghaax
13-04-2013, 07:17 PM
spot on! the lot of you!

I am shattered. Drink huvin little effect.

Ma kids just seem to be taking it in their stride. One day they will realise what being a fitba fan and a Hibee fan really means!!! :agree:

O'Rourke3
13-04-2013, 07:23 PM
Watched the game twice now, once there and once again after I got back. Wrung out but now ready to have a little drinky-poo. Can't recall a comeback like that ever and not sure I witnessed it either. Following Hibs eh?

Pat 0-7
13-04-2013, 07:29 PM
spot on! the lot of you!

I am shattered. Drink huvin little effect.

Ma kids just seem to be taking it in their stride. One day they will realise what being a fitba fan and a Hibee fan really means!!! :agree:

:thumbsup:

Stantons Angel
13-04-2013, 07:37 PM

A great post and one so true!

I was sitting at Hampden today with the score at 3-0 to Falkirk, absolutely gutted! Thoughts of last May swirling round in my head and at that time i could NEVER have seen us come back to win that game NEVER!

Every single player in that first half was so bad that i too had contemplated leaving at half time. Ive never walked out on Hibs in 45yrs but i was so so fed up and embarrassed that i did even think of leaving.

BUT i didnt and sat it out and i am so glad i did. How they managed to come back still baffles me but we did!

Griffiths winning goal itself was good enough to win a cup final on its own.

Every emotion known coursed through me today and i am exhausted absolutely exhausted and pleased to see my team get through to another final.

For God's sake Hibs please come out fighting in the final and dont put us through that again, I couldnt stand it all over again!

Emerald
13-04-2013, 07:41 PM

100% agree with this. I'm delighted, in fact ecstatic we are in another final but............we really should not have witnessed that shambolic display. Credit to the players for turning it round because it was becoming worse than that final. My wife says she had a great day and has never enjoyed a match as much but I couldn't stand much more of this, I could do without the theater but it WAS exciting, if not text book. Lets win the cup and take stock! Looking back now it has to rate as one of THE matches to have ever been at and we won, eventually. Credit to the guys for pulling it off. :not worth

Green Man
13-04-2013, 07:53 PM
At half time I felt the worst I ever have about Hibs. Didn't want anything to do with the club. But then the signs of hope came in the second half, I thought it was gone and was just about in tears when Griffiths missed the penalty, then absolute euphoria when the 3rd and 4th went in. I'm an emotional wreck now, I'm welling up whenever I think of the game. Think I experienced every possible emotion today, I'm just glad the joy came at the end and it didn't happen the other way round. As much as I hated the first half, the comeback was amazing and today will probably end up being one of my favourite Hibs games. Football eh!

hibee_nation
13-04-2013, 07:59 PM
That was Hibs Class. It's what makes all the crap bearable because you know every now and then we are magnificent. Thankyou Hibs for a day i will never forget. :hibees

TheSouthMoroccan
13-04-2013, 07:59 PM
For a variety of reasons I could not / did not go today but watched on the TV. Even though it has been a few hours now since the end of the game I still feel drained by the whole experience. So enjoy the big smile on your face and don't question why you feel like you have been in a train crash !

Emerald
13-04-2013, 08:02 PM
At half time I felt the worst I ever have about Hibs. Didn't want anything to do with the club. But then the signs of hope came in the second half, I thought it was gone and was just about in tears when Griffiths missed the penalty, then absolute euphoria when the 3rd and 4th went in. I'm an emotional wreck now, I'm welling up whenever I think of the game. Think I experienced every possible emotion today, I'm just glad the joy came at the end and it didn't happen the other way round. As much as I hated the first half, the comeback was amazing and today will probably end up being one of my favourite Hibs games. Football eh!

Watch Greyfriars Bobby (or Bambi) tonight, it WILL tip you over! :greengrin

GlenrothesHibee
13-04-2013, 08:21 PM
A great post and one so true!

I was sitting at Hampden today with the score at 3-0 to Falkirk, absolutely gutted! Thoughts of last May swirling round in my head and at that time i could NEVER have seen us come back to win that game NEVER!

Every single player in that first half was so bad that i too had contemplated leaving at half time. Ive never walked out on Hibs in 45yrs but i was so so fed up and embarrassed that i did even think of leaving.

BUT i didnt and sat it out and i am so glad i did. How they managed to come back still baffles me but we did!

Griffiths winning goal itself was good enough to win a cup final on its own.

Every emotion known coursed through me today and i am exhausted absolutely exhausted and pleased to see my team get through to another final.

For God's sake Hibs please come out fighting in the final and dont put us through that again, I couldnt stand it all over again!

Absolutely spot on. I think we all thought back to last May at HT today. I cant get my head around us being in the final after that feeling at HT. Icant even get drunk. My head is gone. Im drained. 2 finals in a row. Is t here any other club like us?

crewetollhibee
13-04-2013, 08:55 PM
40 plus years of supporting Hibs encapsulated in one game !!

lyonhibs
13-04-2013, 09:09 PM
I thought - if we won - I was going to get totally pished and be ecstatic and oot until 3am. As it is, I'm utterly knackered. God knows what folk who were there must feel like. A few cans, and now I'm off to bed.

Almost speechless and bewildered. What happened today just does not happen to us normally. Repeat the following phrase:

"3-0 down in a Scottish Cup semi final. A missed penalty, 2 stonewall penalties denied, an appalling offside decision. And we still won 4-3"

If Spielberg offered that as a plot, the studios would tell him to **** off.

Hibs in a nutshell.

See y'all in May!!!

JohnStephens91
13-04-2013, 09:21 PM
The older gentleman behind me offered me a blood pressure pill because I was having all my emotions dragged here, there and everywhere. It was worth it to sing Sunshine on Leith at the end with tears streaming down my face.

DH1875
13-04-2013, 10:27 PM
Im totally donald ducked. Sat night and Im ready for bed. Tomorrow is time for reflection, bed is to dream that come May we might just pull this off

Higgy115
13-04-2013, 10:53 PM
I thought - if we won - I was going to get totally pished and be ecstatic and oot until 3am. As it is, I'm utterly knackered. God knows what folk who were there must feel like. A few cans, and now I'm off to bed.

Almost speechless and bewildered. What happened today just does not happen to us normally. Repeat the following phrase:

"3-0 down in a Scottish Cup semi final. A missed penalty, 2 stonewall penalties denied, an appalling offside decision. And we still won 4-3"

If Spielberg offered that as a plot, the studios would tell him to **** off.

Hibs in a nutshell.

See y'all in May!!!

Marvellous.....

AgentDaleCooper
13-04-2013, 11:28 PM
i wasn't at the game, i watched it on the telly, but i cannot remember any match that has left me so utterly exhausted. it might be the penalty miss that did it, but there were just too many twists, each delving so deeply into my emotional attachment to hibs...when sparky scored the winner, all i could muster was a pathetic 'yehhhh', something between a cheer and a bleat.

dunno if anyone else has had this, but i've been able to literally taste adrenaline in my mouth all day - it tastes like when you lick a battery, sort of like if the colour of oil in a puddle were a taste. i can still taste it right now, and tbh, i'm a bit sick of it. if the final goes to penalties, i think i'll end up in the loony bin.

DON'T EVER DO THIS TO US AGAIN, HIBS!!!!

Jones28
13-04-2013, 11:45 PM
I think I'm too tired to register what I've just seen today...unbelievable. I'll be dreaming green and white tonight

FranckSuzy
13-04-2013, 11:46 PM
i wasn't at the game, i watched it on the telly, but i cannot remember any match that has left me so utterly exhausted. it might be the penalty miss that did it, but there were just too many twists, each delving so deeply into my emotional attachment to hibs...when sparky scored the winner, all i could muster was a pathetic 'yehhhh', something between a cheer and a bleat.

dunno if anyone else has had this, but i've been able to literally taste adrenaline in my mouth all day - it tastes like when you lick a battery, sort of like if the colour of oil in a puddle were a taste. i can still taste it right now, and tbh, i'm a bit sick of it. if the final goes to penalties, i think i'll end up in the loony bin.

DON'T EVER DO THIS TO US AGAIN, HIBS!!!!

:agree: 100% and I was there. Nurse!

kaimendhibs
14-04-2013, 12:14 AM

Truly couldn't put it better muself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
14-04-2013, 12:16 AM
Been such a crazy day. I had planned on getting absolutely ****faced if we won today but the whole day has been that strange that I've spent the majority of the day wondering wtf just happened rather than drinking!

Borderhibbie76
14-04-2013, 12:49 AM
Sitting watching that whole 1st half brought it all back from last May! Like other posters I was hurt, angry, ready to kill pf for his tactics and wondering why the hell I renewed my st for next season!! But the turnaround in that second half was sensational and full credit to all the players and paddy fenlon fir turning it round!! Now exhausted and cant quite believe what happened this aft!!! Need 6 weeks to recover before 26 May!!!

AgentDaleCooper
14-04-2013, 12:55 AM
i've got to say that it is really reassuring to read the so many other hibees have had rather surreal feelings after the game today.

IF...and i cannot emphasise how big and IF that is...maybe this will do: IF we win the cup, i really hope that we do it in a way that is far more sympathetic to my mental health.

:flag::flag:

Glesgahibby
14-04-2013, 01:06 AM
Went back to the car(asda car park)
I had to sit there for 30 mins before I could turn the engine on.
i was in a trance and all I could hear was my daughter saying can we go to McDonald's.
still can't beleive what happened and still can't stop thinking about it.
So much to say and don't know how to say it.

NOLA
14-04-2013, 01:26 AM
I've seen fans throwing scarfs away before and I've seen fans throwing scarfs to players to celebrate too, but never both in the same game! Mental :)

AgentDaleCooper
14-04-2013, 01:29 AM
Went back to the car(asda car park)
I had to sit there for 30 mins before I could turn the engine on.
i was in a trance and all I could hear was my daughter saying can we go to McDonald's.
still can't beleive what happened and still can't stop thinking about it.
So much to say and don't know how to say it.

some say that the true content of art is ineffable...:flag:

Cameron1875
14-04-2013, 02:23 AM
I made an attempt to stay out till 3am but couldn't quite hack it. Totally donald ducked but what a brilliant day. Be nice to just chill out and watch the other semi final without a care in the world :greengrin

Bristolhibby
14-04-2013, 02:40 AM
40 plus years of supporting Hibs encapsulated in one game !!

This.

It's the Hibs way. Left at HT.

It felt worse than last May. I felt like a beaten wife. Gutted I didn't witness the come back, but thems the breaks. I've learnt my lesson. Only one out of 6 stayed to the end.

Onwards and upwards.

GGTTH.

HH81
14-04-2013, 05:21 AM
Having travelled from Yorkshire to Glasgow yesterday, i am still emotionally drained right now.... I cant even sleep. I watched game when i got in.

My mate is trying to get me to go to Workington this morning too....

Brizo
14-04-2013, 07:12 AM
I've seen fans throwing scarfs away before and I've seen fans throwing scarfs to players to celebrate too, but never both in the same game! Mental :)

:greengrin In a nutshell

BroxburnHibee
14-04-2013, 07:12 AM

:top marks

I couldn't even keep my eyes open for the golf :greengrin

Fenriz
14-04-2013, 12:22 PM

On a similar note, I've never seen a Hibs team being booed ONTO the pitch after half time... and the rapturous scenes that followed an hour later add to the madness!
:big grin: