PDA

View Full Version : Taiwo

Bad Habits
13-04-2013, 03:57 PM
Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else but I thought Taiwo was great when he came on. Perfectly timed sub by Fenlon, took a lot of pressure of the other players with his chasing down and I was really impressed with his sharp direct passing. Imho he Will be an important player for us in coming years if he stays. :aok:
And he's still only 23!

Heisenberg
13-04-2013, 04:02 PM
A much better option than Robertson IMO.

SingaporeHibs
13-04-2013, 04:07 PM
this lad certainly played his part. Good sub but should he have been a sub? Fenlon needs to learn quicker imo about the tactics he deploys, he aint getting it right at the moment.

IWasThere2016
13-04-2013, 04:08 PM

This. We didn't need Robbo - his £1.5k a week should have gone on another front man.

Fergus52
13-04-2013, 04:23 PM
said to my dad before the game that he should have started ahead of robertson

EastCalderHibby
13-04-2013, 04:24 PM

some folk on here keep saying there is a player in him ,it must have slipped out his erse he is tom kyte

neil7908
13-04-2013, 05:15 PM
Wasn't that sure about Taiwo when he first arrived but the more I've watched him the more he's impressed me. A bit like Claros in that he does a lot of basic stuff that wont get him noticed but I think he was vital for us today in the way he pressed the opposition, broke and play up and moved the ball quickly from midfield. If he could at a goalscoring touch he would be some player.

With Deegan, Claros and Thomson all out of contract at the end of the season I think Taiwo will be a important player for us next season.

Eyrie
13-04-2013, 06:41 PM
Taiwo continues to impress me every time I see him.

As regards Robertson, most thought he was a good signing based on his time at Dundee United. Doubt there are many left with that opinion now – his miss when it was only 1-0 was a turning point as a quick equaliser would have put Falkirk under pressure. Instead they dodged the bullet and continued to outplay us.

adhibs
13-04-2013, 06:46 PM
Realy rate taiwo although hes not been at his best recently. Think its becoming clear why robertson was behind Osborne at blackpool. Was excited by his signing as well

Billy Whizz
13-04-2013, 06:49 PM
Taiwo did fine when he came on, and we looked better balanced at this stage. I know I'll be shot down here, but I Robertson will come good for us. He arrived in January when the team was struggling, and he had played very little football. Give him a bit of time and he'll step up to the plate

Pat 0-7
13-04-2013, 06:50 PM

Based on todays game, definately

sbell1875
13-04-2013, 08:14 PM

And a much better player than Robertson. At work on Friday I wrote what team I expected us to go with and Robertson wasn't even in the 16 so I was stunned when he started. Taiwo always looks very composed on the ball and for such a small man he is a very tough player. I think Fenlon signed a peach of a player.

Heisenberg
13-04-2013, 08:22 PM
And a much better player than Robertson. At work on Friday I wrote what team I expected us to go with and Robertson wasn't even in the 16 so I was stunned when he started. Taiwo always looks very composed on the ball and for such a small man he is a very tough player. I think Fenlon signed a peach of a player.

I thought Fenlon would start Robertson due to him having won the SC before and the fact he had played in such big games before. It didnt show though. He was dreadful. No first touch. Terrible attempt at a finish. Dosent have any movement and is never making himself available for a pass. Just a really poor signing. Money could've been used to get a proper partner for Sparky up top.

500miles
14-04-2013, 07:55 AM
I thought Fenlon would start Robertson due to him having won the SC before and the fact he had played in such big games before. It didnt show though. He was dreadful. No first touch. Terrible attempt at a finish. Dosent have any movement and is never making himself available for a pass. Just a really poor signing. Money could've been used to get a proper partner for Sparky up top.

If there was a decent one available for the money. We've already got a striker who doesn't even make the bench.

To be fair to Robertson, he hadn't had much football before joining us, and, to my mind, I would have taken Cairney off rather than Robertson, the latter was at least getting into good positions, and even Griffiths missed a couple of howlers yesterday.

I think he needs a preseason behind him, he's clearly lacking confidence. You don't just become a poor player over six months.

TornadoHibby
14-04-2013, 09:20 AM

Couldn't believe that Robertson started and Taiwo didn't to be honest! :confused:

3 nil down persuaded PF that maybe he'd made a mistake and thankfully made the required change! :agree:

TornadoHibby
14-04-2013, 09:21 AM
If there was a decent one available for the money. We've already got a striker who doesn't even make the bench.

To be fair to Robertson, he hadn't had much football before joining us, and, to my mind, I would have taken Cairney off rather than Robertson, the latter was at least getting into good positions, and even Griffiths missed a couple of howlers yesterday.

I think he needs a preseason behind him, he's clearly lacking confidence. You don't just become a poor player over six months.

Pace too! Huge problem for a forward of his type! :agree: