PDA

View Full Version : Linesmen

ancient hibee
13-04-2013, 03:08 PM
Couldn't go today but watched on telly-one thing stood out -the standard of Scottish linesmen is now abysmal-a ratio of one correct decision out of six is just not good enough.

brog
13-04-2013, 03:18 PM
Agreed, our refs are poor as well but let down by these clowns. I know from experience how hard it is to run a line but the last decision was ridiculous, the ball only travelled a few yards, the Lino was right in line & he still got it wrong. Embarrassing!!

Vault Boy
13-04-2013, 03:21 PM
:agree: I think a lot of the refereeing mistakes are being overlooked because we came back to win it regardless, awful performance by the officials.

Boyle89
13-04-2013, 03:26 PM
2 stonewallers not given and I've been told the goal was onside aswell. Clancys one was genuinely farcical how it wasn't given. Literally right infront of the linesman!

MileHighBees
13-04-2013, 03:33 PM
:agree:
Just typical cowardice from 'assistant refs' as usual and I don't think it is just Scottish officials.
The offside rule should be simple - if in ANY doubt what so ever, give the advantage to the attacking team.
This would result in more goals and also make teams re-think using offside traps, which could only improve the game.
The reality is the opposite because linesmen are so scared to allow any potentially offside goal, they just stick the flag up more often than not.

Bad Habits
13-04-2013, 03:46 PM
Awful refereeing.
first of all the stonewall Clancy penalty, Griffiths onside for goal, and to be honest I don't think we would have got the second penalty had he not messed up the first decision, lyle Taylor was offside for his late chance that they missed. I was fuming about the penalty decision, I've run out of fingers to count how many appalling mistakes have cost us points, and ultimately could have lost a manager and his staff their job. I hope Hibs make a meal of what has happened

LaMotta
13-04-2013, 05:15 PM
Brines shouldn't be let off the hook either, he was ***in terrible, he should of gave two penaltys more than he did of his own accord. Missed a ridiculous foul on front of me on Handling...totally blatant, and *** knows what Thomson was booked for...

Boyle89
13-04-2013, 07:25 PM
The clancy penalty looks even worse in the highlights. The defender walks up to the ball an punts it away expecting a pen to be given. Leighs goal should have counted and Taylors chance right at the end is easily a yard offside. Beggars belief these guys get paid to do this.

Sir David Gray
13-04-2013, 07:27 PM
I'm just watching the whole game back again just now and how we didn't get a penalty for the foul on Clancy is beyond belief.

To say it was a stonewaller doesn't even come close to doing it justice.

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-04-2013, 07:32 PM
The standard of the refereeing brings the game into disrepute, not the subsequent comments by managers. When the Clancy penalty is shown again on the tele it is almost laughable.

wookie70
13-04-2013, 08:03 PM
Just finished watching it back and the Linesmen were awful. You would think they would get 50% of decision right even if they were facing the other way. They weren't close to getting that many right today

neil7908
13-04-2013, 08:22 PM
:agree: I think a lot of the refereeing mistakes are being overlooked because we came back to win it regardless, awful performance by the officials.

I think that spot on, just because a poor decision doesnt actually decide the outcome of the game doesnt mean it should be forgotten or ignored. 3 totally incorrect calls today (foul on Clancy in the penalty area, Leigh's goal ruled offside and Taylor a yard offside in the last minute of extra time) could easily have lost us the game.

Add those poor decisions to the ones in the final last season and against Hearts and Dundee Utd recently and its clear that the standard is just not good enough. Ask Malaga fans what they think of Scottish officials.