PDA

View Full Version : Absolutely outstanding from Hibs!

California-Hibs
13-04-2013, 02:44 PM
That game will be remembered and talked about for YEARS to come no matter what happens in the final. From the 2nd half onwards Hibs were a JOY to watch. Never thought we could get anywhere near those heights. Alex harris is a breath of fresh air, a really quality player and now has to be a mainstay in the team. And Griffiths....Aaaah Leigh Griffiths...F-IN LOVE HIM!

NOLA
13-04-2013, 03:24 PM
play like the 2nd half and the doubters will return, me included.

sesoim
13-04-2013, 03:43 PM
The first half was an embarrassment, Fenlon's tactics were shocking yet again, and we only got better because Fenlon had no choice but to go 4-4-2. A good manager would have signed another forward in January and changed the shape of the team, and we'd probably have won this game fairly as a result.

Let's just see now if Fenlon has realised the 4-5-1 doesn't work, or if he will still persist with it like he has since we started to drop don the table. Make no mistake, Griffiths has kept Fenlon in a job this season.

Pretty Boy
13-04-2013, 03:45 PM
Was a great 2nd half performance.

SingaporeHibs
13-04-2013, 04:26 PM
That game will be remembered and talked about for YEARS to come no matter what happens in the final. From the 2nd half onwards Hibs were a JOY to watch. Never thought we could get anywhere near those heights. Alex harris is a breath of fresh air, a really quality player and now has to be a mainstay in the team. And Griffiths....Aaaah Leigh Griffiths...F-IN LOVE HIM!
The 2nd half was much better but hardly a joy to watch. We were playing a team in 4th place('ish) of the 1st Div. I sat in the East stand at the end of last season watching us hammer Dunf to save our season yet i was a little worried about what i was watching ahead of the cup final. I was talking to my mate, a fellow long St holder of many many years about my concerns yet the guys in front of us couldnt help but question how we couldnt be happy with a 3 goal lead. Happy we were but reality we could see, problems and big problems. I think we have moved on from then as a team but there are clearly massive problems, our defence bring the biggest issue not to mention a formation that Paddy seems to like that leaves Griff playing a role he cant make the most of. So, happy as you like, i cant wait to get back for the final, I hope luck shines on us but as it stands today was so close to another ayr utd semi its scary.

Baldy Foghorn
13-04-2013, 04:32 PM
A genuine game of two halves....Had Taylor scored when through to make it 4, might have been beyond us...He never, and the comeback was epic.....Harris instrumental, as was Claros, Doyle and Griffiths....

To set up 4-5-1 was shocking IMO, and surely now PF must see it is not for us...With Sparky isolated, that formation does more to nullify Sparky than the team we are playing.....

Credit where it is due, we besieged them in second half, and a fantastic result, paper over cracks? possibly, but a huge win for all concerned with the Club.....

The Voice Of Reason
13-04-2013, 04:35 PM
Full credit to the players and management for the Houdini like escape !

So proud - hibs till I die 👍