PDA

View Full Version : Eoin Doyle...Thank You

HIBERNIAN-0762
13-04-2013, 02:15 PM
totally changed the game for me today, ran his heart out made good passes and scored a brilliant goal....good luck in England mate.

:agree:

Jim44
13-04-2013, 02:21 PM
I regret his departure.

Liam89
13-04-2013, 02:22 PM
I agree, seemed to play as if he had no pressure to impress on his shoulders!

Heisenberg
13-04-2013, 02:25 PM
The changes at half time made a massive difference. Doyle and Handling were positive and allowed Harris and Griffiths to get into the game. We play that way for the rest of the season and we'll be fine. These young boys should be in the team from now on. They showed a whole lot more than the likes of Robertson and Cairney in the first half.

nonshinyfinish
13-04-2013, 02:25 PM
totally changed the game for me today, ran his heart out made good passes and scored a brilliant goal....good luck in England mate.

Mind and score the winner in the final as a goodbye present Eoin.

ian cruise
13-04-2013, 02:45 PM
I always liked him, disappointed he is going. I know presume hibs felt they couldn't afford to have him on their books while he adjusted to a higher level but I think we made a mistake. Griffiths and Doyle in a 4-4-2 worked so well at start of the season, 4-5-1 doesn't suit him or us.

ancient hibee
13-04-2013, 02:56 PM
Fenlon's biggest failure has been his reluctance to persevere with Doyle up front with Griffiths.

Vault Boy
13-04-2013, 03:03 PM
Made a big difference and it's a shame he's leaving, however I think his introduction simply proves that we need two upfront, not necessarily Doyle himself. I think he's replaceable, but well done today Doyler. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

mentalhibee
13-04-2013, 03:37 PM
Class act today! Should be starting every week!

hibee_girl
13-04-2013, 04:08 PM
I've been telling you all from day one how good he is :smug:

Fergus52
13-04-2013, 04:19 PM
Always liked him, since when he was at sligo.

I can see how he frustrated some hibs fans, but he was underrated by most, IMO.

Wish him all the best down south, cheers for today!

neil7908
13-04-2013, 05:20 PM
I think Doyle should have been retained, even if not as first choice. He works so hard for the team and just lacks that clinical instinct in front of goal that would make him a top player. He played a big role in changing the game today (although I do think that having anyone up front supporting Leigh would have seen an improvement)

I genuinely wish him all the best at his new club and I know he'll give 100% for the rest of the season. Hopefully we'll see him and Leigh reignite their partnership from earlier in the season for the remaining games.

Stringer
13-04-2013, 05:40 PM
He was better than leigh today, no doubt. Scored a crucial goal when leigh was missing chances.

Thank you Eoin:flag:

sleeping giant
13-04-2013, 05:46 PM
I was screaming at him to pass before he shot. Laddie is still sagging me for it :-)

PPZPOL
13-04-2013, 05:52 PM
Made a big difference and it's a shame he's leaving, however I think his introduction simply proves that we need two upfront, not necessarily Doyle himself. I think he's replaceable, but well done today Doyler. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Agree with this, but in a way it didn't really matter it was Doyle that went up front, it just needed to be someone to change the shape to a 4-4-2, I actually said at game early doors that I can't believe we have 1 up front against Falkirk and especially a Falkirk side with Darren Dods at the back, I mean what has the world came to? Not one of Doyle's biggest fans but great finish, couldn't believe he hit it but glad he did.

The sooner Hibs realise they cannot play this slow continental style the better, get the game and take it by the scruff of the neck, make tackles, close down, jostle opposition, get the ball wide (especially to Harris), get in people's faces.

davhibby
13-04-2013, 05:55 PM
He seemed to play with more confidence than he had been lately, I'm sure he had a chance very similar to the goal today in the game away at Motherwell and passed. Sad to see him go, he worked well as a strikeforce with Sparky

SteveHFC
13-04-2013, 05:58 PM
http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/zLFdFS1Mgby9V9aHv4Z98A--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9aW5zZXQ7aD02MTI7cT04NTt3PTQ0Mw--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/Reuters/2013-04-13T144005Z_1936750593_GM1E94D1QVU01_RTRMADP_3_SOCC ER-SCOTLAND-CUP.JPG

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mac3x3mzkj1ruj2iwo1_400.gif

BEEJ
13-04-2013, 06:15 PM
He was better than leigh today, no doubt. Scored a crucial goal when leigh was missing chances.

Thank you Eoin:flag:
You do recall that 15 mins or so before his goal, Doyle hoisted a far easier chance over the bar? :greengrin

Something he's been guilty of a few times this season.

However, his goal today was well-taken - and crucial.

JimBHibees
13-04-2013, 06:19 PM
Thought he was excellent and well done on an excellent performance especially after not doing that well against ICT. Well done Eoin.

Holmesdale Hibs
13-04-2013, 06:37 PM
Why the **** is he shooting from... ****in yesssssass

Well done, more of the same please.

Billy Whizz
13-04-2013, 06:39 PM
From what I can remember at the time when he scored, no Hibs player ran to him to celebrate. All the players seemed to go back in position for the kick off, apart from Mcpake who kept banging the turf in relief

Pat 0-7
13-04-2013, 06:47 PM
From what I can remember at the time when he scored, no Hibs player ran to him to celebrate. All the players seemed to go back in position for the kick off, apart from Mcpake who kept banging the turf in relief

Just watched it on tv, Doyle ran into the net to get the ball, but Sparky ran over to congratulate him......

Hiber-nation
13-04-2013, 06:51 PM

McPake knows he is having a nightmare the now, you can see it in his interviews. I think his back might be giving him gyp.

Anyway well done Doyler, never rated him much but an absolutely brilliant shift today.

frazeHFC
13-04-2013, 07:33 PM
Always liked him, shame he is leaving. :(

neil7908
13-04-2013, 07:45 PM
Watching the highlights made me realise how big an impact he made. Really well taken goal and set Leigh up with a beautiful flick for the goal that was (incorrectly) ruled offside. Also played Leigh in on another occasion when the keeper saved.

Sad to see him go, although I admitt there has been games where he hasnt looked brilliant this season the same could be said of any Hibs player, including Griffith, and he always gives 100%. Think with more consistent service from midfield wouldhave seen him score many more this season

sleeping giant
13-04-2013, 07:48 PM
Why the **** is he shooting from... ****in yesssssass

Well done, more of the same please.

:greengrin

Pretty much exactly the same as my reaction.

I hadn't even finished saying asshole before i was jumping about like a loony :greengrin

Effin pass it ya effin arseho.....yeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:flag:

sbell1875
13-04-2013, 07:50 PM
Always liked him, shame he is leaving. :(

Is he definitely leaving aye?

hibee_girl
13-04-2013, 07:52 PM
Is he definitely leaving aye?

Scouse Hibee
13-04-2013, 07:53 PM
:greengrin

Pretty much exactly the same as my reaction.

I hadn't even finished saying asshole before i was jumping about like a loony :greengrin

Effin pass it ya effin arseho.....yeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:flag:

You weren't the only ones that were stunned by him finishing like that, I too was thinking WTF Doyle you'll never score from there :greengrin

Hibby Bairn
13-04-2013, 07:54 PM
Yip...looked really good against Cowdenbeath as well in his debut. Does well at that level. :wink: Will do well at Chesterfield.

Also his fault for our insistence since Xmas with this 4-5-1 nonsense as he did so well on the right running and chasing about v Celtic. :greengrin

Did really well today against 1st Div opposition....but we need better.

LeighLoyal
13-04-2013, 07:57 PM
On his game he's a good player, never going to be a star but can deliver like today.

Irish_Steve
14-04-2013, 09:10 AM
An excellent professional - knows he`s moving on at the end of the season but still put in a very decent shift. I can think of a few ex-players who were quite prepared to stroll around the pitch and do **** all once they know their time at the club is up

Fergus52
14-04-2013, 12:06 PM
Agree with this, but in a way it didn't really matter it was Doyle that went up front, it just needed to be someone to change the shape to a 4-4-2, I actually said at game early doors that I can't believe we have 1 up front against Falkirk and especially a Falkirk side with Darren Dods at the back, I mean what has the world came to? Not one of Doyle's biggest fans but great finish, couldn't believe he hit it but glad he did.

The sooner Hibs realise they cannot play this slow continental style the better, get the game and take it by the scruff of the neck, make tackles, close down, jostle opposition, get the ball wide (especially to Harris), get in people's faces.

I actually thought that leigh was pretty poor most of the match and that Doyle made a big difference. Was more to it than just a change of shape. Doyle was excellent

1two
14-04-2013, 12:09 PM
Doyle, handling and Harris all get a special mention from me

Winston Ingram
14-04-2013, 12:28 PM
He was superb:agree:

hfc rd
14-04-2013, 12:47 PM
For me, he changed the game. He was causing that Falkirk backline all sorts of problems with his movement. I've been one of his biggest critics this season but credit when it's due, I thought he was excellent when he came on. This is the Eoin Doyle that I am going to miss when he departs to Chesterfield at the end of the season. Hopefully he takes a deserved Scottish Cup winners medal with him. ;)

Brightside
14-04-2013, 12:53 PM
He did very well yesterday and more importantly put in a shift. Something he's not done anywhere near enough this year.

Eyrie
14-04-2013, 12:53 PM
I actually thought that leigh was pretty poor most of the match and that Doyle made a big difference. Was more to it than just a change of shape. Doyle was excellent

Agreed - we upped the tempo in the second half as well as going with two up front.

ancient hibee
14-04-2013, 05:58 PM
His goal was like his second against Motherwell-he shot early before the goalie was set.He'll get a barrowload down south.

RIP
14-04-2013, 09:28 PM
Great player.

Clearly hated Hoofball - hardly suprising he turned down the deal he was offered by Petrie

Will do better in a more attacking team

rcarter1
14-04-2013, 09:46 PM
Epitomised the fightback, great attitude, shame hes going, but just wrote himself a wee bit of Hibee history, and again in may please! :agree: