PDA

View Full Version : Be honest......who left after 30 minutes?

Pages : [1] 2

coco22
13-04-2013, 02:03 PM
A terrible, shocking start but must be gutted if you headed for an early exit.

Couldn't make the game so am not casting any stones...just wondered!

Great comeback, well done lads

Craig_in_Prague
13-04-2013, 02:06 PM
couldnt blame anyone especially given our run of late and last May.
However there was a long way to go, so a tad premature.

Liberal Hibby
13-04-2013, 02:11 PM
Dunno if it counts - but I turned off and took the dog for a walk at 3-0. She ran off and after we got her back I logged on Hibs.net via my phone to confirm the disaster to find it 3-3 so rushed back turned on the lap top watched extra time only for the stream to crash just after Leigh's goal.

Would have stayed had I been there though.

RickyS
13-04-2013, 02:15 PM
A terrible, shocking start but must be gutted if you headed for an early exit.

Couldn't make the game so am not casting any stones...just wondered!

Great comeback, well done lads

i left at half time to be honest, I just could not in my wildest dreams see 3/4 goals coming.
I drove so I had the option to go, I had a re-run of the final in my head and i just couldn't
face it. I know i will get called all sorts for it, but yeah I was one of them. ggtth

Hainan Hibs
13-04-2013, 02:16 PM
Wouldn't blame anyone for leaving early after that first half. The team once again had failed to turn up and were a disgrace to the shirt.

Pretty Boy
13-04-2013, 02:17 PM
Thought about it but didn't.

FAO Pat Fenlon though 4-4 ****ing 2.

adhibs
13-04-2013, 02:20 PM
Left and im gutted about it now. Got the zebra finance form filled out and ready to post but it was goin in the bin no long ago

lyonhibs
13-04-2013, 02:22 PM
I will confess I left the pub at 3-1 after 75 minutes. Simply couldn't see it happening.

Got back to the flat and it was 3-3. Back to the pub. IMMEDIATELY.

Ecstatic and astonished and enormously proud.

Betty Boop
13-04-2013, 02:23 PM
My daughter left at half-time and watched the second half in the Montford. She said its stowed ! :greengrin

Swedish hibee
13-04-2013, 02:33 PM
I was absolutely gutted at half time. But I still didn't post any bad comments about Pat or the team, although in my head I thought it.
I just am one of life's annoying positive people- thats the attitude to have in life.

I know we were shocking- But never give up on anything you love, and Hibs I love you.

Booked flight for final, just incase so I'll see you all there :aok: And BTW I haven't seen Hibs get beat in 8 years!!!! (Nope I wasn't at last years final, my last game was win 1-0 hearts :) :)

Bloody Brilliant :pfgwa

ps. To all the jambos who posted on here and on my FB in the first half hour :fenlon

Westie1875
13-04-2013, 02:39 PM
Thought about it, but stayed, phew!

Yuillsy
13-04-2013, 02:39 PM
Totally honest 5 of us left when the 3rd goal hit the net. Gutted now but still in Glasgow meeting friends so totally delighted.

hibeesjoe
13-04-2013, 02:45 PM
Me, my mate and my son left when the 3rd went in. Feel absolutely gutted about it now :boo hoo: but it felt justified at the time. There must have been 100's if not 1000's walked out. That come back must have been 100-1 though so i take my hat off to every Hibee that stayed to watch it.

Boyle89
13-04-2013, 02:46 PM
Was the proverbial "bawhair" away from leaving but didn't. Was going to give it till 70 and leave but just couldn't bring myself to go. So happy I stayed. Fenlon needs to wake up and smell the 442!

AugustaHibs
13-04-2013, 02:57 PM
After the 2nd I seen 3 fights break out around me, anyone know why? Bet they feel like right twats! GGTTH

Viva_Palmeiras
13-04-2013, 03:42 PM
Should not have happened IMO because

1) issue over folks seemingly in the wrong seat should have been fully resolved by a steward - they appeared to leave them to it and it escalated

2) Ticketing - A family section should be for families. Folks in parts of the sections didn't appear to be in families rather (perhaps understandable in financial straights) folk going for blocks of cheaper tickets ?

i was there with my 6 yrs old son son for his first Hampden experience I luckily clocked the situation. And managed to remove him from the situ. Luckily he was distracted and didn't see it kickoff one guy got his nose bust I'm told someone from 2 rows behind and unrelated to the incident pamper him.

There were other instances where stewardds
simply failed to do their job - calmly shepherd irate fans from the aisles so they don't end up being challenged by others and it escalated AGAiN.

Epic fail from the stewards and I will intimate this to Garry O'Hagan as the scenes were pretty discgraceful, yet avoidable. I've yet to tell the missus but for the first time ever I've thought maybe (outside OF/Hearts) its not a good idea to take him is I can't be more sure of the security arrangements. Stewards should have seen this coming a mile off.

IWasThere2016
13-04-2013, 03:54 PM
Me, my mate and my son left when the 3rd went in. Feel absolutely gutted about it now :boo hoo: but it felt justified at the time. There must have been 100's if not 1000's walked out. That come back must have been 100-1 though so i take my hat off to every Hibee that stayed to watch it.

i left at half time to be honest, I just could not in my wildest dreams see 3/4 goals coming.
I drove so I had the option to go, I had a re-run of the final in my head and i just couldn't
face it. I know i will get called all sorts for it, but yeah I was one of them. ggtth

I walked at HT but I stayed to the bitter end of THAT game. Never did I see us recovering from 0-3 going on more. We were a disgrace tbh.

Killiehibbie
13-04-2013, 03:57 PM
I must admit if I wasn't working tonight i'd probably have been in the boozer by half time but I stayed.

#FromTheCapital
13-04-2013, 04:07 PM
I left at half time and I have no regrets about doing so.

Johnny Clash
13-04-2013, 04:13 PM
Felt physically sick at half time but it was great to see the way our support got right behind the team the second they started performing

roaring the team on is always a better idea than chucking scarfs away and storming out - but that first half embarrassment stretched us all to breaking point.

Players and support can learn from this - we'll win yhis cup if we dont bottle it - time to regroup and roar the team on in the final.

Anyway, on train fi Queen St now and it's bouncing!

hibee62
13-04-2013, 04:26 PM

Lies!

rainman
13-04-2013, 04:29 PM

Lies. Hope you're embarrassed.

God Petrie
13-04-2013, 04:33 PM
Left at 3-0. Never been so gutted - felt worse than after final. Enjoyed molesting strangers in pub when fourth went in tho to be fair.

fat freddy
13-04-2013, 04:34 PM
at half time i asked my mate, (who has a betfair account on his phone) what odds he could get on a 3-3 draw after 90 minutes...he guessed at 80/1 but never put anything on as he was trying to control his inner chimp which was urging him to leave....we stayed and talked about the eejits that left...we discussed the liverpool/ a.c. milan euro final when liverpool came back from a 3-0 deficit...we talked about the dryburgh cup final in the early seventies when hibs held a 3-0 lead over celtic only to see the game going into extra time after a celtic comeback...we talked about hibs.net and how everyone would be spitting blood and demanding pat's head on a platter...but we stayed...we believed...and then we got our reward for being true supporters of this club.

if you left early you will go to your graves knowing that your lack of belief meant you missed one of the greatest comebacks in hibs history.

to those that stayed...i salute you!...YOU made it happen.

TomoHFC
13-04-2013, 04:35 PM
Somebody threw their hibs scaf away and it landed on me

Baldy Foghorn
13-04-2013, 04:35 PM
Dont understand why people would leave after half an hour, long way to go, and Falkirk tired and we were all out attack after the break.....

"Fans" throwing scarves away is a huge bugbear of mine....Clancy gestured near us to stop the booing....

All credit to the fans who stayed and were rewarded with an amazing second half, the fans definitely got right behind them, when it mattered most.....

#FromTheCapital
13-04-2013, 04:38 PM
Lies!

Lies. Hope you're embarrassed.

Aye cos we were amazing in the first half and the international bar was ***** in the 2nd half and extra time.

Too embarrassed

Allant1981
13-04-2013, 04:45 PM
We were close to leaving at the 3rd but stayed. Thank god

ALF TUPPER
13-04-2013, 04:54 PM

:tumble:

HibeeDave
13-04-2013, 04:56 PM
I stayed to the end, second half was amazing,I suffered more nerves when the penalty was saved and thought it just would not be our day aided with the disallowed goal. When we equalised i then truly believed there was only going to be one winner.

neil7908
13-04-2013, 04:57 PM
I wouldn't necessarily have a go at anyone for leaving a game early as I thought at half time there was a snowballs chance in hell of us coming back. We had planned to give it till 60-65 mins and then leave if things didn't pick up.

However, had a couple of right idiots near me who arrived late then spent the whole time they stayed hurling abuse at every Hibs player, calling them every expletive under the sun with quite young kids sitting close by. When there was a bit of trouble at the other end of the stand we were in they seemed more interested in that than the game itself.

After the second goal went in they talked about how they hated watching and supporting the club and then when the third goal went in just got up, shouted a couple more unprintable names at the players and walked out.

I was pretty upset at the first half performance and I'm not saying I didn't have a few things to say when that 3rd goal went in like everyone but they were the type who almost seemed to relish the anger they got from Hibs losing.

I bet they'll be desperate for tickets to the final aswell.

jgl07
13-04-2013, 05:01 PM
The departure of the moaners after 35 minutes was the best thing that happened to Hibs. It lifted the air of negativity and allowed those who remained to get behind the team.

Memo to those who left in the first half: 'Don't bother coming to the Final!'

zlatan
13-04-2013, 05:05 PM
It lifted the air of negativity and allowed those who remained to get behind the team.

I do believe it was that positive chant of 'boooo' as the team came on to the pitch for the 2nd half that sparked the comeback.

Baldy Foghorn
13-04-2013, 05:10 PM
I do believe it was that positive chant of 'boooo' as the team came on to the pitch for the 2nd half that sparked the comeback.

First time I have ever heard us being booed onto pitch after break.....Shocking really....

Heisenberg
13-04-2013, 05:10 PM
The departure of the moaners after 35 minutes was the best thing that happened to Hibs. It lifted the air of negativity and allowed those who remained to get behind the team.

Pish. What lifted the air of negativity in the second half was Hibs started to look like they wanted to get back into the game and win.

wookie70
13-04-2013, 05:12 PM
Stayed till the end but also Booed them off at half time. Falkirk are a middle of the league first division side and a goal was always going to change the game. Never fancied us to get back into it mind but wanted to see us put up a fight and at least was guaranteed to see Hibs play with more than 1 up top.

fat freddy
13-04-2013, 05:13 PM

agreed...where i was sitting, there was an entire row of empty seats at k.o. which were eventually filled by a group of steaming 20 somethings as falkirk scored their first goal...they immediately brought a bad vibe into the area and me and my mate decided to move away from their space to an area at the back with a few empty seats available...15 minutes later they all left for the pub...i dont think they were in their seats for more than 20 minutes but im sure everyone around them was delighted that they left as they were total roasters to a man.

TornadoHibby
13-04-2013, 05:14 PM

Fair point as there was a couple next to me who were getting "stuck into" individual players with bile and I was delighted they walked after Falkirk scored the third! :agree:

Second half was much better and we could easily have scored 7 or 8 goals then!

MOTM for me was Claros and Harris and Handling both did very well and deserve a decent run in the team. Both look good prospects! Leigh missed some chances which he normally scores very easily but he is human! Thomson showed composure, commitment and experience till he got injured.

Full backs supporting attacks and wingers dropping back to support the defences dr a huge difference in the 2nd half too!

Big_Franck
13-04-2013, 05:15 PM

Agree 100%.

shamo9
13-04-2013, 05:16 PM
I've only left early twice - the Livi and Hearts final in the last 5 minutes on both occasions because the game was dead and I didn't want to witness the 'celebrations'.

I felt at half time that if we could get an early goal Falkirk might tire and the crowd could be the 12th man. Turned out to be the case and it was probably the greatest game I've witnessed, fantastic atmosphere (all aboard the rollor coaster)! I don't blame the people that left though, watching Hibs can be a painful business when we play like we did in the first half.

Still, a fantastic comeback and a thoroughly deserved victory on chances created. Special mention to Harris who got us back into the game with his positive play IMO. If we show the same amount of fortitude in May.... maybe just maybe :wink:

CraigHibee
13-04-2013, 05:18 PM
we were absolutely honking first half and didnt deserve anything from the first 45 mins, it looked like only 1 team was prepared to play football and falkirk deserved the lead. cant say i blame anyone for leaving before/at half time as it was like de ja vu

Irish_Steve
13-04-2013, 05:23 PM
agreed...where i was sitting, there was an entire row of empty seats at k.o. which were eventually filled by a group of steaming 20 somethings as falkirk scored their first goal...they immediately brought a bad vibe into the area and me and my mate decided to move away from their space to an area at the back with a few empty seats available...15 minutes later they all left for the pub...i dont think they were in their seats for more than 20 minutes but im sure everyone around them was delighted that they left as they were total roasters to a man.

The entire row we were sitting in left at half-time too - it was full at KO so that`s 24 people that left - so if you were in Row N of the east - get it up ye!

God Petrie
13-04-2013, 05:24 PM

I care too much about Hibs to watch them get humped 3-0 within 30 minutes. Thanks for your advice re the final. Might not go cos I spent a lot of money watching Hibs home and away for the past 25 years. Hope you enjoyed your wee day out today ersehole.

hibsbollah
13-04-2013, 05:28 PM
Fenlon himself said it was ' totally understandable' for folk to leave after that third went in.

So let's leave the family feuding out eh? It's party time surely?:scarf:

Thecat23
13-04-2013, 05:29 PM
I left as the 3rd hit the net. Was sick to the back teeth seeing such a rank rotten performance AGAIN! My mate asked do I regret it?... No I don't actually. Great comeback and I'm delighted but to be 3-0 in 30 mins for me is not good enough. Fenlon I still would like to see go win or lose the cup. I think he's to negative and 45 mins where he had to go for it hasn't convinced me otherwise. Unless he plays 4-4-2 rest of the season and shows we want and can play like the 2nd half performance then I won't be at ER next season even though I have a ST. Fully expect abuse here but Fenlon was 45 mins from being booted and who could complain?

Before anyone starts yes he's got us to a final and I'm grateful. Just don't rate him! Shame as he's a nice guy.

Thecat23
13-04-2013, 05:35 PM

Does that go for all the families that walked too yeah? I seen at least 6 or 7 with young kids. I'm sure they didn't barrage the team they simply didn't see a comeback and after last year who can blame them. So to you and the other poster saying don't come back for the final and taking an uber fan approach you can suck my plums I'll be there and if its 3-0 again at HT I'll prob leave! My money, my decision, my CLUB, just like yours. I drove though btw wasn't smashed as I don't drink at games.

AugustaHibs
13-04-2013, 05:39 PM
anyone know anything else?

Scouse Hibee
13-04-2013, 05:41 PM
Never even thought about leaving, glad to see the back of some of the morons who did leave though. As for the total erses who started fighting amongst each other in various locations...................stay at home for the final ya pricks.

GreenCastle
13-04-2013, 05:44 PM
Delighted I stayed as probably one of the best experiences seeing Hibs come back from 3v0. Never seen that before.

It was 3v0 going on 5v0 and I don't blame people for leaving as it was that bad and of course crossed the mind.

Even in the yam final it was only 2v1 at half time.

What I don't think I can accept is the infighting among fans in the stands - that was embarrassing - though a minority.

The fans really did get behind the team 2nd half and they are a credit to the club.

Into the final and anything can happen!

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-04-2013, 05:48 PM
I stayed until the end. I always stay to the last peep. Doesn't make me an uber fan or any more of a supporter than those that walked because it is personal choice. Not sure of the validity in trying to pick on someone that dug deep and actually turned up though. Isn't the normal MO to ridicule the ones that stayed at home?

Twa Cairpets
13-04-2013, 05:53 PM
I care too much about Hibs to watch them get humped 3-0 within 30 minutes. Thanks for your advice re the final. Might not go cos I spent a lot of money watching Hibs home and away for the past 25 years. Hope you enjoyed your wee day out today ersehole.

Care sooooooo much you left? Interesting way of showing you care -running out on them.

How's the personal relationship situation working out for you with that approach?:rolleyes:

"Wee day out"? The one that ended up in be of the most incredible turnarounds in the clubs history? That day out? Don't know about anyone else who actually stayed to support the team who I also spend a lot of money, errr, supporting, but yes, I had a great time thanks.

ano hibby
13-04-2013, 05:56 PM
Never even thought about leaving, glad to see the back of some of the morons who did leave though. As for the total erses who started fighting amongst each other in various locations...................stay at home for the final ya pricks.

Exactly this.
Section D3 roughly Row HH seats 55 ish bearded guy about 30, loud Northern English accent. I hope you are thoroughly embarrassed by your performance, you are no fellow fan of mine. Complete balloon.

Hibby70
13-04-2013, 05:59 PM
Ha ha (tbh I was out of there at number 4 and luckily it never came)

Lots coming from the pub direction on the way back from the car. They've paid their price.

cwilliamson85
13-04-2013, 06:04 PM
I was sitting in north stand D5 and a fight broke out behind me between an older chap (late 50's) and a 20ish guy and it was all down to the younger guy not sitting down after he was asked and the. It escalated from there.

People need to remember it is not life and death, it's only football.

adhibs
13-04-2013, 06:08 PM

:agree: first 30 mins were totally unaceptable and i make no apologies for leaving early. especialy after the constant dissapointment throughout basicaly my whole life supporting hibs.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-04-2013, 06:09 PM
Was behind the goal but saw a fight breaking out during the first half where the display was situated, looked like a royal rumble to be fair. About 10 stewards had to break it up.

God Petrie
13-04-2013, 06:10 PM
Care sooooooo much you left? Interesting way of showing you care -running out on them.

How's the personal relationship situation working out for you with that approach?:rolleyes:

"Wee day out"? The one that ended up in be of the most incredible turnarounds in the clubs history? That day out? Don't know about anyone else who actually stayed to support the team who I also spend a lot of money, errr, supporting, but yes, I had a great time thanks.

I care. It affects me as a person - it has **** all to do with my support of the club. Selfish? Maybe. Unfaithful? No.

hibee_girl
13-04-2013, 06:11 PM
There was a fight in section F1 after falkirk's 2nd, the stewards took ages to sort it out!

dunfyhibby
13-04-2013, 06:13 PM
Saw a fight in section D3!!! To the pricks involved, goan **** right off and leave this famous club to real fans!!!

Cool_Hand_Luke
13-04-2013, 06:14 PM
Something happened down the bottom of C3 in the North...could really see what it was but a young guy ended up getting huckled out by the police.
Bad weekend for him...getting beat 3-0 when he gets arrested...wonder if anyone has told him the final score yet :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
13-04-2013, 06:15 PM
There was a fight in section F1 after falkirk's 2nd, the stewards took ages to sort it out!

That was the one. I managed to get my kid out but others weren't so fortunate and some of the kids were pretty shaken. In a family section it doesn't take Einstein to work out if that's acceptable or not.
A sorry end to a sad tale.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-04-2013, 06:17 PM
As it says on the tin. Totally unacceptable behaviour and people leaving so early and claim to be "embarrassed" but are all cheery now?! Bolt. You're unwanted at the final! Disgusting to see people fighting amongst eachothet too. Thats what i'd expect from the yams! Disgusted at some people.

(just to clarify this isnt aimed at everyone, just people who ****ed off and the troublemakers. You know who you are!)

dunfyhibby
13-04-2013, 06:19 PM
Something happened down the bottom of C3 in the North...could really see what it was but a young guy ended up getting huckled out by the police.
Bad weekend for him...getting beat 3-0 when he gets arrested...wonder if anyone has told him the final score yet :greengrin
Yeh meant c3!!!

hibee_girl
13-04-2013, 06:19 PM
That was the one. I managed to get my kid out but others weren't so fortunate and some of the kids were pretty shaken. In a family section it doesn't take Einstein to work out if that's acceptable or not.
A sorry end to a sad tale.

We were in F2 not far from it, I just saw a woman launch herself at someone then it all kicked off. Wasn't good to see the kids crying etc, hopefully they'll all have forgotten about it now!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-04-2013, 06:22 PM
Admins: please change "part timers" to early leavers please, was a bit angry and would like to issue a bit of an apology to folk who might have felt offended in someway.

Phil D. Rolls
13-04-2013, 06:27 PM
Admins: please change "part timers" to early leavers please, was a bit angry and would like to issue a bit of an apology to folk who might have felt offended in someway.

:hmmm: I think Yams undercover at the match were to blame. Don't worry it's impossible to offend a Yam, they will just say "5-1" - something to do with the time the early leavers left.

down-the-slope
13-04-2013, 06:29 PM
Felt sad for the kids in family section scared and upset by some of the behaviour of a minority...

However I was also amazed at the stickability of the vast majority of the support who remained with the team through quite possibly the worst 45 ever from a Hibs team (yes worse than the final last year)

You were rewarded with seeing one of the most amazing fightbacks ever...still cant believe the way the match panned out

MSK
13-04-2013, 06:31 PM
Admins: please change "part timers" to early leavers please, was a bit angry and would like to issue a bit of an apology to folk who might have felt offended in someway.Early leavers ..?..their choice ..why should it be your problem ?

Malthibby
13-04-2013, 06:32 PM
We do have a problem with yobs coming to Hampden for cup games, can only hope they are named, shamed & banned in future.
Fighting your own fans would almost be funny if it wasn't utterly pathetic. There's a team in Gorgie that would be happy to accommodate them, i'm sure.

As for leaving before half an hour's up, folk are entitled to do that if they want but it was certainly their loss today. Doesn't look very clever though, when
Falkirk's fans can cheer Hibs fans out the stadium.
On the bright side, one of the early leavers did that clever 'throw the scarf away' trick, so I now a have a lucky scarf for the final.:thumbsup:
GG

Baldy Foghorn
13-04-2013, 06:33 PM
Felt sad for the kids in family section scared and upset by some of the behaviour of a minority...

However I was also amazed at the stickability of the vast majority of the support who remained with the team through quite possibly the worst 45 ever from a Hibs team (yes worse than the final last year)

You were rewarded with seeing one of the most amazing fightbacks ever...still cant believe the way the match panned out

Did well to stick by the team considering the score and performance in first half.....Remarkable game, still emotional.....

Aldo
13-04-2013, 06:35 PM
On the train home I tried to have a piss but 2 wide boys (hibs fans) decided it would be fun to keep pressing the open button. I just peed and made comment to the boy who stood and watch me, I asked him off the train so as to not bother the other passengers but he shat his load,

My job being at risk thankfully nowt happened but embarrassed. Backed up by some good Hibees enjoying the day. Tbh members of the public phoned so expect a visit from the police

Jones28
Would like to issue my thanks to the fine, upstanding young man who took issue with me mentioning that lobbing a bamboo cane at the back of a young boys head wasn't really cooshtie. I think your threat to "rub me up and down the hampden steps" was a favourite of mine. Ta for that. Prick

BOB MARLEYS DUG
Early leavers ..?..their choice ..why should it be your problem ?

Like many people, i thought it was stupid. Shouldve stayed and backed tge team like REAL fans.

TAHibby
13-04-2013, 06:43 PM
There was absolutely no chance in hell we were coming back from 3-0 down but I decided to stay and see if we could get anything at all out of the game and keep it from getting any worse. Absolutely amazing end to the game, the first goal was massive and at a very crucial time. Always has to be difficult with hibs but there in the end! :pfgwa

Lang Toun Hibs
13-04-2013, 06:44 PM

This has to be the poorest post ever...why have a go?

MSK
13-04-2013, 06:49 PM
This has to be the poorest post ever...why have a go?Eh ?..how is it having a go ?...having a go at folk "who leave early" is having a go !!! ..their choice, their loss, aye !!!!

Sir David Gray
Although it's understandable that people felt like leaving when it went to 3-0, I cannot believe people actually left so early.

There was an hour left and anything can (and did) happen.

If it was 3-0 with about 20 minutes left then fair enough but not after half an hour!

As for the scarf chuckers, nothing but attention seeking.

Baldy Foghorn
O post removed, lets move away from the uber fan pish please

I told him not to go, but his mind was made up, shame because as a spectacle it was superb, and don't think we will see many like it again....

Baldy Foghorn
13-04-2013, 06:51 PM
There was absolutely no chance in hell we were coming back from 3-0 down but I decided to stay and see if we could get anything at all out of the game and keep it from getting any worse. Absolutely amazing end to the game, the first goal was massive and at a very crucial time. Always has to be difficult with hibs but there in the end! :pfgwa

If there's a hard way of doing things, we manage well....

MSK
13-04-2013, 06:52 PM
Like many people, i thought it was stupid. Shouldve stayed and backed tge team like REAL fans.They turned up ..they paid for their tickets ..they missed us win ..their loss ..nae need for the uber fan pish now is there ..?

The Harp
13-04-2013, 06:53 PM
Although it's great getting to semis and finals, the downside for me is the number of cretins that tag along on these big occasions, most of them usually p*ssed.

Purple & Green
13-04-2013, 06:55 PM
The behaviour of some fans in the family section was lamentable - but the stewarding wasn't up to an acceptable standard. I think you can't under estimate the damage it does to the perception of football as an entertainment when family areas aren't suitable for families.

That said, I thought the vast majority of fans were fantastic and the team doesn't deserve us.

Hibby Bairn
13-04-2013, 06:55 PM
The one I saw was in section D5 and one of the guys was minced. How do you get that minced by noon?...I mean swaying about.

Whole row of guys behind us left at HT. Half cut when they arrived and heading back to the pub instead of staying to watch the game.

Also saw a guy having a real go at stewards outside the North Stand for some reason. Every swear word you could imagine and it was only ten to twelve. Also looked half pished.

If you must get that pished then can you not just enjoy yourself? And if makes you an angry man then just lay off the stuff. Especially at breakfast time.

Pat 0-7
13-04-2013, 06:58 PM
Although it's understandable that people felt like leaving when it went to 3-0, I cannot believe people actually left so early.

There was an hour left and anything can (and did) happen.

If it was 3-0 with about 20 minutes left then fair enough but not after half an hour!

As for the scarf chuckers, nothing but attention seeking.

:top marks

I couldn't believe people were leaving after the second goal with so much of the game left. After the third I thought it was game over, but so glad we stayed to the end!!! :greengrin

scoopyboy
13-04-2013, 06:58 PM

If everyone left at half time there wouldn't have been a comeback, hows that for an answer.

It's a catch 22 situation for me in that I always want to get a bigger and bigger support, downside is that the bigger support seems to come with an increasingly large percentage of ********s.

One of the best Hibs supports I have been in at Hampden was the penalty shoot out win against the Cream Buins, maybe 7000 loyal fans giving incredible support. The final on the other hand we had five times that number but it wasn't in the same class of support in the slightest.

A lot of our buses decent supporters left at half time and I still respect them for the support they give the club week in week out but I think the largest %age were day trippers who would rather be in the pub.

A couple of half time leavers said to me on the way back the atmosphere in the pub in the second half was amazing, I simply shook my head.

Ghaax
13-04-2013, 07:00 PM
Have to be totally honest and say I can't blame anyone in the slightest for leaving.
The first half was so poor I even thought about it myself.
PF was 1 goal away from being booted.

We stayed to the end and beyond in May - still singing - and only left before the cup was presented.
However that's just cos we're stoopid like that! :rolleyes:

Hardly ever leave early cos I always have this daft hope.
Once in a blue moon it pays dividends.

What I cannae stand is the fuds who huv tae go boxing wi other Hibbys.
We were all angry - totally fuming - but what's the need in threatening to kick the **** oot of an auld boy or stickin' one oan one yer mates!!!:confused::confused:

Scouse Hibee
13-04-2013, 07:01 PM
The behaviour of some fans in the family section was lamentable - but the stewarding wasn't up to an acceptable standard. I think you can't under estimate the damage it does to the perception of football as an entertainment when family areas aren't suitable for families.

That said, I thought the vast majority of fans were fantastic and the team doesn't deserve us.

Unfortunately the cheaper prices of the family section attracts the wrong type of folk, maybe the answer is there has to be a child accompanying every paying adult or at least a child in every group in a dedicated family section.

Sir David Gray
13-04-2013, 07:02 PM
If everyone left at half time there wouldn't have been a comeback, hows that for an answer.

It's a catch 22 situation for me in that I always want to get a bigger and bigger support, downside is that the bigger support seems to come with an increasingly large percentage of ********s.

One of the best Hibs supports I have been in at Hampden was the penalty shoot out win against the Cream Buins, maybe 7000 loyal fans giving incredible support. The final on the other hand we had five times that number but it wasn't in the same class of support in the slightest.

A lot of our buses decent supporters left at half time and I still respect them for the support they give the club week in week out but I think the largest %age were day trippers who would rather be in the pub.

A couple of half time leavers said to me on the way back the atmosphere in the pub in the second half was amazing, I simply shook my head.

Agreed.

A lot of them have probably never even been to a Hibs game since last year's final.

cabbageandribs1875
13-04-2013, 07:05 PM
They turned up ..they paid for their tickets ..they missed us win ..their loss ..nae need for the uber fan pish now is there ..?

exactly, quite a few posters on here calling the leavers for everything, if someone pays money and decides he/she wants to leave it's got absolutely **** all to do with any loudmouth **** voicing their opinions at people having different emotions to themselves

Barman Stanton
13-04-2013, 07:08 PM
We had to leave early due to the fighting. The two wee laddies who were with us were in tears and shaken up by it all. Guy got a burst nose right in front of them. Was a disgrace. Their first away trip as well.

Gatecrasher
13-04-2013, 07:11 PM
Whats wrong with getting a bit tanked before hampden? apart from me my whole bus was drinking from 9 this morning and we all had a great laugh together. It's a day out, some folk like to go with their families for others its a day out with their mates. For those keeping score I left at HT, I will send my Uber fan club card back in the post if thats all right.

S.sct
13-04-2013, 07:12 PM
Should not have happened IMO because

1) issue over folks seemingly in the wrong seat should have been fully resolved by a steward - they appeared to leave them to it and it escalated

2) Ticketing - A family section should be for families. Folks in parts of the sections didn't appear to be in families rather (perhaps understandable in financial straights) folk going for blocks of cheaper tickets ?

i was there with my 6 yrs old son son for his first Hampden experience I luckily clocked the situation. And managed to remove him from the situ. Luckily he was distracted and didn't see it kickoff one guy got his nose bust I'm told someone from 2 rows behind and unrelated to the incident pamper him.

There were other instances where stewardds
simply failed to do their job - calmly shepherd irate fans from the aisles so they don't end up being challenged by others and it escalated AGAiN.

Epic fail from the stewards and I will intimate this to Garry O'Hagan as the scenes were pretty discgraceful, yet avoidable. I've yet to tell the missus but for the first time ever I've thought maybe (outside OF/Hearts) its not a good idea to take him is I can't be more sure of the security arrangements. Stewards should have seen this coming a mile off.

Totally agree, sure i saw a woman being punched during the same incident. We then had a total roaster challenging a guy on the .net bus. I'm not niave and understand that people with empty heeds fuelled with the bevvi can kick off but both incidents were rank out of order. They've got to sort a proper family section for the final. Not sure what you do with empty heeds on the bus though.

MSK
13-04-2013, 07:18 PM
Totally agree, sure i saw a woman being punched during the same incident. We then had a total roaster challenging a guy on the .net bus. I'm not niave and understand that people with empty heeds fuelled with the bevvi can kick off but both incidents were rank out of order. They've got to sort a proper family section for the final. Not sure what you do with empty heeds on the bus though.Ban them from future .net buses ..thats a start ..:agree:

Scouse Hibee
13-04-2013, 07:19 PM
Whats wrong with getting a bit tanked before hampden? apart from me my whole bus was drinking from 9 this morning and we all had a great laugh together. It's a day out, some folk like to go with their families for others its a day out with their mates. For those keeping score I left at HT, I will send my Uber fan club card back in the post if thats all right.

Nowt wrong with it at all mate, what is wrong though is the pricks who get tanked up before it and then forget how to behave when mixing with decent people and children. A good bus day out with a few bevvies is part and part of going to away games IMO.

Hibby Bairn
13-04-2013, 07:19 PM
Nowt wrong with it at all mate, what is wrong though is the pricks who get tanked up before it and then forget how to behave when mixing with decent people and children. A good bus day out with a few bevvies is part and part of going to away games IMO.

:agree:

JimBHibees
13-04-2013, 07:21 PM
Anyone that left after 30 mins, dear oh dear bad as it was. We'll support you ever more. :confused:

banchoryhibs
13-04-2013, 07:21 PM
I stayed as I left the Scotland v Yugoslavia game in the 1974 World Cup with 5 minutes to go and missed the equaliser - gutted then so never done it since, I was even in my seat when the final whistle blew last year:yw:

I boo'd the team at the end of the first half - have not done that since the awful Alex Miller days; did not celebrate the first goal much - got more animated after the second; delighted with the third - after that I was confident that we would win:flag: having a beer now:greengrin

Now has anyone a spare cup final ticket?:greengrin

scoopyboy
13-04-2013, 07:22 PM

Nothing wrong with it at all IMO, on the condition that people who do so don't then destroy the day for others because they cannot handle drink and then start bother amongst their own fans.

Years ago I used to get angry at opposing fans, now I get more annoyed at our own.

I find that quite sad.

Billy Whizz
13-04-2013, 07:24 PM
If everyone had walked at half time we wouldn't be in the final now.
Congratulations to everyone, who stayed and roared their team onto victory!

What a 2nd half and extra time performance

Pat 0-7
13-04-2013, 07:27 PM
If everyone had walked at half time we wouldn't be in the final now.
Congratulations to everyone, who stayed and roared their team onto victory!

What a 2nd half and extra time performance

This.

Gatecrasher
13-04-2013, 07:38 PM

Nothing wrong with it at all IMO, on the condition that people who do so don't then destroy the day for others because they cannot handle drink and then start bother amongst their own fans.

Years ago I used to get angry at opposing fans, now I get more annoyed at our own.

I find that quite sad.
Yep, theres no excuse for folk fighting or arguing etc, but theres also nothing wrong with having a bevy before a game.

The Falcon
13-04-2013, 07:55 PM
Yep, theres no excuse for folk fighting or arguing etc, but theres also nothing wrong with having a bevy before a game.

Unfortunately though they often go together.

Twa Cairpets
13-04-2013, 08:04 PM
I care. It affects me as a person - it has **** all to do with my support of the club. Selfish? Maybe. Unfaithful? No.

Except of course it does have everything to do with your support of the club, insofar as you leaving instantly debarred you from actually supporting them on the pitch.

I would suggest that supporting them from a pub when you have been at the game for the minutes before flouncing off in the hufftie-pufftie is at the very least a different level of support, by any reasonable definition of the wotd "support"

Disclaimer - this post does not intend to imply that Pames McJake left the game with any semblance of flounce or personal hufftie-pufftieness, but that the act of leaving after thirty minutes, especially in a cup semi final, does imply a level of hufftie-pufftesque behviour

EskbankHibby
13-04-2013, 08:06 PM
That's what some bellend called me as I was leaving just before half time.

Few things of note, firstly you and your 'hareem' are an embarassment to Hibs, looking for a fight.

Secondly, I was always leaving at half time, my godson was admitted to sick kids last nigh and my cousin - who travels from Bristol to games - was driving me.

We have some absolute ****ers in our support.

I was in row W, aisle 26, you know who you are. Cock.

Nomeancity
13-04-2013, 08:08 PM
Although it's great getting to semis and finals, the downside for me is the number of cretins that tag along on these big occasions, most of them usually p*ssed.

Totally agree. Same with Scotland games. Too many folk on the shandies for the first time and ready to just shout abuse at the team. Don't get me wrong i was gutted at 2-0 and was saying to myself that was it for me - they've done this too many times - only stayed because the 2 kids wanted to stay ( I owe them a very special visit from Santa this year) but I just don't get why you would want to stand and shout vile abuse run down to the front and throw your strip on to the blaze. Was glad some of the nutcases left at 3-0 much better vibe after that. The ones that were left where either resigned to defeat(me) or were so crazy they thought we could come back from 3-0 down and were still fully behind the team.

bingo70
13-04-2013, 08:09 PM
Is tonight not the night to be celebrating Hibs getting to the final rather than getting upset about a name someone that you don't know called you?

You've got your reasons to leave, you don't need to justify them to anyone so why bother? I'm sure you're delighted we made it to the final so why not just celebrate that?

madabouthibs
13-04-2013, 08:14 PM
I presume you called him a cock to his face too? :wink:
Fair dos, if you had a reason to leave, not that you need a reason if you want to leave then your allowed, its your choice, but is there really any need to come on here and try to badmouth someone??? We all know there's "cocks" within our support, just be thankful that they're not quite Millwall level of cockness. :wink:

Thecat23
13-04-2013, 08:14 PM
As it says on the tin. Totally unacceptable behaviour and people leaving so early and claim to be "embarrassed" but are all cheery now?! Bolt. You're unwanted at the final! Disgusting to see people fighting amongst eachothet too. Thats what i'd expect from the yams! Disgusted at some people.

(just to clarify this isnt aimed at everyone, just people who ****ed off and the troublemakers. You know who you are!)

**** off! I'm not welcome at the final because I left at 3-0? I didn't scream abuse at anyone i got up and left. I'm a season ticket holder so I'm more a supporter than many at that game today. Jumped up araeholes like yourself pal who think because you stayed you should get a medal. I'm ****ing delighted I left. Got to spend more time with my little boy and Hibs won. I posted in an earlier post that those who stayed well done. Couldn't you just except some folk after last years final performance had, had enough? If its not to hard for you AMAZING FANS to get through you're thick heads, folk can leave when ever they want. Oh and to piss you right off..... I'll be at the final! Get that right up you.

Aldo
13-04-2013, 08:15 PM
I left with 3 others after the 3rd goal and went for a few beers.

Well done to those who stayed.

On the train back tho 2 drunken fueled 'casuals' for want of a better word decided it would be funny to keep pressing the open button on the toilet when I went for a piss. The guy was full of it and i just pissed cos I knew I wouldn't get the door locked.

He then came into the toilet whereby I invited him ( and his gob **** pal) off the train at the next stop which they declined to accept.

Now there were members if the public present and the boy was going mental at me. I didn't raise my voice stayed calm which the boy or his laddie didn't like.

Both were So called hibs fans and didn't like being challenged and stood up to.

What I will say is that if I was in a different occupation they both would of been smashed, for want of a better word. Wrong I know but they deserved it.

I thank the guys that were with me for stepping in front of me.

Spoiled a good ( but strange day)

EskbankHibby
13-04-2013, 08:17 PM
Is tonight not the night to be celebrating Hibs getting to the final rather than getting upset about a name someone that you don't know called you?

You've got your reasons to leave, you don't need to justify them to anyone so why bother? I'm sure you're delighted we made it to the final so why not just celebrate that?

Not Just name calling Bingo, almost a scrap, absolute ********s in our support.

Celebrating the result but sad there are some real helmets that follow us.

NYHibby
13-04-2013, 08:18 PM
If anyone was looking for evidence that Scottish society has a problem with alcohol, they could have found plenty of examples today. The problem is not just with people who are so blatantly drunk they have lost control. Scottish society portrays it as socially acceptable to be more moderately drunk in public. There is too much of a willingness to condone some questionable behaviours.

If you need to drink to enjoy the game, you have a problem.

Thecat23
13-04-2013, 08:20 PM
Like many people, i thought it was stupid. Shouldve stayed and backed tge team like REAL fans.

Holy ****, are you for real? "REAL FANS". I'm sitting here pissing myself at this.

Please tell me what a "real fan" is?!! Just so I know and that I don't buy another season ticket ever again as I don't tick all boxes. Does Rod come round and give the "REAL FANS" pies and drinks?!!

God Petrie
13-04-2013, 08:22 PM
Except of course it does have everything to do with your support of the club, insofar as you leaving instantly debarred you from actually supporting them on the pitch.

I would suggest that supporting them from a pub when you have been at the game for the minutes before flouncing off in the hufftie-pufftie is at the very least a different level of support, by any reasonable definition of the wotd "support"

Disclaimer - this post does not intend to imply that Pames McJake left the game with any semblance of flounce or personal hufftie-pufftieness, but that the act of leaving after thirty minutes, especially in a cup semi final, does imply a level of hufftie-pufftesque behviour

I was hurting. I left in fury. If you want any tickets for final lemme know ill get them off my season ticket. Shame they don't reward the hardcore fans cos then I'd defo get you a ticket.

"Supporting" the team via attendance is an irrelevance. Supporting the team via cash matters. Enjoy your second game of the season on the 26th.

Albanian Hibs
13-04-2013, 08:24 PM
My husband and I left our seats after the third went in. He wanted to leave but we stood at the back and went outside at halftime. I told him to give it ten minutes as I was curious to see if there was any changes. We stood at the back for the rest of the game. Once our first went in there was no way we were leaving, unless they scored a fourth. Best decision ever. Never seen Hibs do that before in my lifetime.

EskbankHibby
13-04-2013, 08:29 PM
I presume you called him a cock to his face too? :wink:
Fair dos, if you had a reason to leave, not that you need a reason if you want to leave then your allowed, its your choice, but is there really any need to come on here and try to badmouth someone??? We all know there's "cocks" within our support, just be thankful that they're not quite Millwall level of cockness. :wink:

Didn't say Cock but did pull him up, does that make a difference?

Should I have had a scrap with the boy would that have made my post more valid?

hibIBZ
13-04-2013, 08:32 PM
Couldn't make the game today, but hopefully the club can identify some if these clowns that caused trouble and were fighting and ban them

cjhibee1
13-04-2013, 08:35 PM
I was hurting. I left in fury. If you want any tickets for final lemme know ill get them off my season ticket. Shame they don't reward the hardcore fans cos then I'd defo get you a ticket.

"Supporting" the team via attendance is an irrelevance. Supporting the team via cash matters. Enjoy your second game of the season on the 26th.

I would maybe do some research because what you have said is completely false (I know the poster personally and believe me that is incredibly, stupendously wrong).

AFKA5814_Hibs
13-04-2013, 08:48 PM
No personally. But cannot moan anybody who did. The worst ive ever scene Hibs in 1st half, ever in 30 yrs we really were that bad. Tbf, 2nd half we were so different it was like a differernt team.

Twa Cairpets
13-04-2013, 08:54 PM

Your defence of your position by attempting to belittle my "status" as a supporter speaks more about you than it does of me, my angry young friend.

Your statement "supporting the team via attendance is an irrelevance" is truly bizarre. If you go them support them. What's the point otherwise? (I do excuse my mate in Macao who still buys a ST despite only getting to 2-3 games a year).

As a standard response, and just for the record, I have had a ST since '92, have not missed a derby home or away since 1984, missed one game (first Stranraer away) during the "great adventure"), went to Dnipro, arranged my work so I could take in matches during Yogi;s pre-season in Holland etc etc and have, therefore, I think pretty much paid my dues both financially and in attendance.

I've left one game early in that time, the Hearts semi at Hampden because I stupidly parked at the Hearts end, and didn't fancy a trip through the tramps whilst bedecked in green. I don't see the point in paying your money and missing the potential of, if not a comeback, a great goal or some other talking point. I don't make claims of uber fandom, just understand that whilst football is designed to inflame your emotions, I hope i'm rational enough not to let the emotion overtake sanity. £23 quid to leave after 30 minutes, regardless of what crud is on display is, to me, bonkers. i'm not judging you or anyone else, what you do is your own business, but don't defend it by claims of being such a great supporter you had to leave, because that's bollocks.

Just saw the post above - cheers CJ

jon paul jones
13-04-2013, 08:55 PM
at half time i asked my mate, (who has a betfair account on his phone) what odds he could get on a 3-3 draw after 90 minutes...he guessed at 80/1 but never put anything on as he was trying to control his inner chimp which was urging him to leave....we stayed and talked about the eejits that left...we discussed the liverpool/ a.c. milan euro final when liverpool came back from a 3-0 deficit...we talked about the dryburgh cup final in the early seventies when hibs held a 3-0 lead over celtic only to see the game going into extra time after a celtic comeback...we talked about hibs.net and how everyone would be spitting blood and demanding pat's head on a platter...but we stayed...we believed...and then we got our reward for being true supporters of this club.

if you left early you will go to your graves knowing that your lack of belief meant you missed one of the greatest comebacks in hibs history.

Never a truer word said

Today was possibly the greatest football day ever

Mr Magoo
13-04-2013, 08:56 PM
To be honest Fenlon has to be the luckiest Manager ever

HibeeSince85
13-04-2013, 09:00 PM
Anyone that left after 30 mins, dear oh dear bad as it was. We'll support you ever more. :confused:

I left after 30 minutes. I've had a season ticket since I was 15 and have left early only a handful of times in that time but the first half was horrendous. I did however make the decision afterward that I will never leave early again.

IberianHibernian
13-04-2013, 09:03 PM
If anyone was looking for evidence that Scottish society has a problem with alcohol, they could have found plenty of examples today. The problem is not just with people who are so blatantly drunk they have lost control. Scottish society portrays it as socially acceptable to be more moderately drunk in public. There is too much of a willingness to condone some questionable behaviours.

If you need to drink to enjoy the game, you have a problem.Exactly . After every semi and final we`ve played at Hampden in last decade ( and that`s a lot of matches ) there are threads about drunks fighting with other Hibs supporters during matches and on trains etc . Before the matches , fans asking where there are pubs open at 8 am and I notice every bus notice goes with a no booze on bus warning as though it`s a new law . Final will be no different despite being a Sunday with later opening in pubs . Sounds like there is very little effort to make family sections drunk free ( at some matches we`ve had complaints about drunken parents getting into fights in front of their kids anyway ) and police/stewards do nothing to stop drunks entering stadium anyway . One of positives of getting to semis and finals is that it`s a chance to attract new fans who might become regulars but the comments here from folk mentioning frightened kids hardly suggests newcomers will be back . Time for clubs , police and football authorities to look at crowd control and what companies are their major sponsors . btw I love a few pints before and after games but the day that means I`ll start ruining matches for other fans I`ll stop ( drinking and / or football ) and day I need a drink at 8 am before a match I hope my friends and family have a word with me too .

Yuillsy
13-04-2013, 09:32 PM

I was at that game to the bitter end. Hibs was winning on penalties was amazing. Today I left at 3-0. My Dad stayed to the end and he said to me "son, you'll regret leaving". I wish I'd listened to him but you can't always trust your old man.

Sauzee92
13-04-2013, 09:46 PM
Haha to everyone who left after 3rd goal you missed one of the best games Iv seen no sympathy !

Teo10
13-04-2013, 09:51 PM
I was in the row infront of the fighting in F1, absolute ****ing joke this happened, a bunch of hammered bams arguing over seats.. Some fat ride of a bird started it aswell! Had Matty F and his wee man sitting next to us and he got out of there into the isle while someone's flying about with a burst nose!

Too many wee kids crying etc all because of these two ********s! Some lady was saying she had lost her daughter too, just disgusting.

I do however have to apologise for my language to those near me, totally forgot I was in the family section and caught up in the moment!

LancashireHibby
13-04-2013, 09:51 PM
Coats were on and ready to go when Falkirk were clean through to make it 4-0. Glad it didn't turn out that way!

13-04-2013, 09:53 PM
I'm just sobering up the now. That game was a mind

Zondervan
13-04-2013, 09:56 PM

That is the most hilarious post I have ever read on a message board!!!

17000 Hibs fans collectively booed the team from the minute the 3rd goal went in.

Then I left.

See you at the final. xx

Scouse Hibee
13-04-2013, 09:58 PM

17000 Hibs fans collectively booed the team from the minute the 3rd goal went in.

Then I left.

See you at the final. xx

Are you sure about that?

Alfred E Newman
13-04-2013, 10:04 PM
Too much is being made about a few hundred that left out of 17000. The vast majority got right behind the team after half time and the continual backing contributed to the come back. Those that decided to leave contributed nothing .

Brightside
13-04-2013, 10:05 PM
Never understand people leaving games....but each to their own. I also hope they enforce a family section for the final. Ive no issue with people searing their heads off for the whole game, but just go and do it away from young future supporters.

Baldy Foghorn
13-04-2013, 10:07 PM
Too much is being made about a few hundred that left out of 17000. The vast majority got right behind the team after half time and the continual backing contributed to the come back. Those that decided to leave contributed nothing .

Good post, the ones that stuck by the team, were rewarded with a fine comeback.....

hibs4thecup1988
13-04-2013, 10:10 PM
It was a lot more than "a few hundred" that left. I would say closer to a thousand if I am honest.

I must say it is the first I have EVER heard booing when a team has come back onto the park, but it was maybe what gave them the kick in the jacksie?

As for the fighting...disgrace. Hibs better find out who they were, why it started and ban every single one of them. I don't care it emotions got the better of them. My wee man was scared, and the stewards actually stood there and done nothing until it was over. Glesga polis are a bunch of...well you know!

Not to worry...all I will say to the leavers is...a game lasts 90 minutes, if Falkirk can score 3 against us we could do the same, and so it proved, was delighted my group all stayed.

EdinMike
13-04-2013, 10:11 PM
Hi, my name's Mike. And I left after 30 minutes. And I feel like a massive eejit for doing so.

Was anyone else in The International bar !? The place was a riot after the 3rd goal !

DaveF
13-04-2013, 10:12 PM

Apart from buying tickets, merchandise and next years season tickets.........

Jonnyboy
13-04-2013, 10:14 PM

Then I left.

See you at the final. xx

Bollox

iwasthere1972
13-04-2013, 10:16 PM
Couldn't believe it when I phoned my nephew at full time expecting him to still be at Hampden only to learn that he and his carer buggered off at 3-0. He was just back in his Edinburgh flat when Griffiths scored the winner.

Had the cheek to enquire about the date of the final and the possibility of a.ticket.

Sir David Gray
13-04-2013, 10:17 PM

Then I left.

See you at the final. xx

Nonsense.

I didn't boo once today, neither did a lot of people round about me.

I was absolutely fuming after half an hour and sitting at half time, I really felt like walking out but I didn't boo at all today.

What's the point? It's not going to help anyone play any better.

13-04-2013, 10:18 PM
Highlights are on SS1 at 1230. Should put the topic to bed.

ps I left early. no happy with myself.

SteveHFC
13-04-2013, 10:21 PM
I stayed until the end but was tempted to leave at HT :cb

monktonharp
13-04-2013, 10:22 PM
we had 3 busloads at the game today. about 7 off our bus went to the pub after 30mins, a dozen off another, and 1 off the other. 2 of our guys got a train home.I felt that very strange as the majority are diehards, but some just couldnae handle it all.turned out to be one of the best Hampden experiences I can remember though, and a couple of "neutral" mates with us enjoyed it immensely too in the end. I was surprised to see as many taking a walk so early as I always thought we'd get a goal or 2, which would make it a different game. still never thought we'd claw back the result so dramatically though, and there was a dozen or so, older folk around me throughout, thinking likewise. remarkable day

Hibby Mike
13-04-2013, 10:27 PM
Hibs should buck up their ideas. That first half display was shocking. This ***** chat about which fans left when has **** all to do with it. No team from the top division should be 0-3 down at half time. Fans who left at half time have every right to feel aggrieved. We're in the final after a superb second half display. Every hubby playing today who doesn't feel lucky with themselves to be in the final should be hung drawn and quartered down Gorgie way. We've done very well to come back today, but we fans should not be infighting amongst ourselves over a team that has consistently underperformed. The fans are the one constant. Get your act together Hibs. Legends/winners/Heros/Idols that's what you can achieve over the next 90mins, the rest is just clap trap. Time to do it. This time over the duration...Hibees!

FranckSuzy
13-04-2013, 10:30 PM

:agree: Was doing exactly the same

TRC
13-04-2013, 10:43 PM
left last year after 3-1 and blood pishing from my hand and felt like it this year but the wife and my mate convinced me other wise which I'm glad of, still some absolute morons in our section. Although didn't see the whole story some youngster was wanting to wave his flag perfectly acceptable IMHO, but some boy In front took exception and they where having a massive barney before the game even started. also some guys that just can't handle their drink and should have been no where near a family environment. also the wife being swedish reminded me of sweden coming back from 4 goals down v Germany, which I half took with a pinch of salt but it all worked out.

JohnStephens91
13-04-2013, 10:51 PM
Admittedly it was honking in the first half, but my granddad and my dad have always told me that you never leave your team on their own and need to be there to support them to the end. So glad I had this upbringing as it was truly rewarded today.

joe breezy
13-04-2013, 10:54 PM
Texted my dad saying people leaving - I'll never leave early - only takes one goal to change momentum and we were playing Falkirk - I've got pals who will leave games early I don't understand it - not sure if they supported Barcelona in a previous life and have only just realised Hibs are usually pish

People who left early - do what you want it's your money but to me you're weirdos

Hermit Crab
13-04-2013, 11:27 PM

Same here. The beechwood pub was bouncing during the 2nd half. Payed my money I can leave when I want. As you say no regrets at all.

hfc rd
14-04-2013, 01:15 AM
Admittedly it was honking in the first half, but my granddad and my dad have always told me that you never leave your team on their own and need to be there to support them to the end. So glad I had this upbringing as it was truly rewarded today.

Your grandad and father were right. Football is a weird game. You don't know, what's in store until the final whistle is blown. It's what makes it so unique. I hate leaving early as things like this can always happen and thankfully it did. That 2nd half performance was probably our best performance since the Celtic game back in December. I would personally have felt looking like a pure coward if I left at HT and missed being in the stands cheering the lads on till the very end, with all the other 20K Hibees around me, in what was one of the greatest ever Hibs comebacks you will ever see. Yes the 1st half performance was absolutely terrible but this game is probably going to go down as one of the greatest cup ties in history not only in the Scottish Cup but Hibernian FC's history.

Hermit Crab
14-04-2013, 02:55 AM
Your grandad and father were right. Football is a weird game. You don't know, what's in store until the final whistle is blown. It's what makes it so unique. I hate leaving early as things like this can always happen and thankfully it did. That 2nd half performance was probably our best performance since the Celtic game back in December. I would personally have felt looking like a pure coward if I left at HT and missed being in the stands cheering the lads on till the very end, with all the other 20K Hibees around me, in what was one of the greatest ever Hibs comebacks you will ever see. Yes the 1st half performance was absolutely terrible but this game is probably going to go down as one of the greatest cup ties in history not only in the Scottish Cup but Hibernian FC's history.

20k hibby's? Greatest ever comebacks against a mid table division 1 outfit really?

God Petrie
14-04-2013, 04:23 AM
Your defence of your position by attempting to belittle my "status" as a supporter speaks more about you than it does of me, my angry young friend.

Your statement "supporting the team via attendance is an irrelevance" is truly bizarre. If you go them support them. What's the point otherwise? (I do excuse my mate in Macao who still buys a ST despite only getting to 2-3 games a year).

As a standard response, and just for the record, I have had a ST since '92, have not missed a derby home or away since 1984, missed one game (first Stranraer away) during the "great adventure"), went to Dnipro, arranged my work so I could take in matches during Yogi;s pre-season in Holland etc etc and have, therefore, I think pretty much paid my dues both financially and in attendance.

I've left one game early in that time, the Hearts semi at Hampden because I stupidly parked at the Hearts end, and didn't fancy a trip through the tramps whilst bedecked in green. I don't see the point in paying your money and missing the potential of, if not a comeback, a great goal or some other talking point. I don't make claims of uber fandom, just understand that whilst football is designed to inflame your emotions, I hope i'm rational enough not to let the emotion overtake sanity. £23 quid to leave after 30 minutes, regardless of what crud is on display is, to me, bonkers. i'm not judging you or anyone else, what you do is your own business, but don't defend it by claims of being such a great supporter you had to leave, because that's bollocks.

Just saw the post above - cheers CJ

I'm not the one belittling devoted hibs fans. At no point am I thinking about the cost of my ticket when at a hibs game. Congrats on staying until the end. Debate the value of a fan attending a midweek game at ross county versus a fan leaving after watching the worst performance I have EVER seen.

I don't have to explain my decision to you or any other fan. The people in the pub who also left care deeply about the club. The person who put his arm round me in sympathy while I was trudging out of Hampden completely despondent cares deeply about the club. The 100 other hibs fans who attend games blindly like myself care about the club. Apologies if your definition of what it is to support your team is directly correlated to the amount of minutes you spend at a game. "Support" is more nuanced than you think.

EdinMike
14-04-2013, 04:53 AM
20k hibby's? Greatest ever comebacks against a mid table division 1 outfit really?

Took the words oot ma mouth.. If yesterdays game was an episode of Taggart, then we got away with the murder...

Twa Cairpets
14-04-2013, 06:12 AM
I'm not the one belittling devoted hibs fans. At no point am I thinking about the cost of my ticket when at a hibs game. Congrats on staying until the end. Debate the value of a fan attending a midweek game at ross county versus a fan leaving after watching the worst performance I have EVER seen.

What's Ross county got to do with anything? Although to extend the point, if we were 3-0 down to the staggies presumably you would perform your disappearing act in demonstration of your great love for the club?

I've also not belittled hibs fan. I've poked some fun at you, and I specifically said that what people choose to do is their own business. I still find it bizarre, and this retrospective justification does somewhat reek of trying to make up for what was a spectacularly wrong decision.

I don't have to explain my decision to you or any other fan. The people in the pub who also left care deeply about the club. The person who put his arm round me in sympathy while I was trudging out of Hampden completely despondent cares deeply about the club. The 100 other hibs fans who attend games blindly like myself care about the club. Apologies if your definition of what it is to support your team is directly correlated to the amount of minutes you spend at a game. "Support" is more nuanced than you think. I agree support is nuanced. Many factors play a part. But leaving after 30 minutes regardless of your frustration, takes a lot of torturous twisted logic to come close to fulfilling any definition of "support" I can think of.

You can't really claim to follow blindly either if you leave 1/3 of the way into the game due to what you have seen...

Thecat23
14-04-2013, 06:33 AM
The smugness from some on here is ****ing unreal. Saying they are true fans etc.. I wonder if they are all season ticket holders?? I honestly can't believe the comments of some. Telling supporters not to attend the final and we don't deserve it. Everyone is entitled to leave when they like. 1-5 is very fresh in people's heads and I was one who thought Hibs had collapsed again. Instead of taking the uber fan approach why not just be happy? Fat Freddy I've read your posts and when you come out with "inner chimp" to the fans who left you really are a roaster of a guy. I've been to many games fans have walked and I've stayed sometimes we got something other times we didn't. But I didn't come on here smugly damming those who left.

3pm
14-04-2013, 06:37 AM
I stayed.

I went to sit in those padded seats on my own in the 2nd half. When Harris scored I got superstitious and never moved.

Went back to get 'my' seat at full time to get my Dad and Brother in Law.

'Did I miss anything?' :o)

Thecat23
14-04-2013, 06:39 AM
I stayed.

I went to sit in those padded seats on my own in the 2nd half. When Harris scored I got superstitious and never moved.

Went back to get 'my' seat at full time to get my Dad and Brother in Law.

'Did I miss anything?' :o)

Padded seats? Jammy ****, I may have stayed if I had one of those seats ;)

3pm
14-04-2013, 06:45 AM
Padded seats? Jammy ****, I may have stayed if I had one of those seats ;)

I think they seats must be part of the hospitality package but as there was limited demand, they were empty. I couldn't be doing with the arguing etc so I moved myself up there.....pretty much for peace and quiet.

I haven't read the whole thread but for the record I wouldn't blame anyone for choosing to leave early....it's an emotional thing and foll deal woth it in different ways.

I did see one guy in the South launch hia scarf at 2-0. I don't really like that but again I understand.

Nailrod
14-04-2013, 06:49 AM
I adopted the opposite approach. Having completely forgotten it was a 12.30 kick-off, I was in the library in Northampton. I checked the paper to see if there were any early games on the telly, only to realise that it was 1.15 and half time. I hurried off to the nearest bookies to appraise myself of the half time score. I then headed off to find a pub to watch the rest of the game, out of some kind of morbid fascination to see if we were actually going to surpass last year's debacle. So I missed the first half, but I saw all of the second plus extra time.

3pm
14-04-2013, 06:54 AM
To be honest Nailrod, it was like a library at points so you've pretty much had the full match experience. A few sweary words and a couple of fights and you'd have been sorted!

Thecat23
14-04-2013, 06:57 AM
I think they seats must be part of the hospitality package but as there was limited demand, they were empty. I couldn't be doing with the arguing etc so I moved myself up there.....pretty much for peace and quiet.

I haven't read the whole thread but for the record I wouldn't blame anyone for choosing to leave early....it's an emotional thing and foll deal woth it in different ways.

I did see one guy in the South launch hia scarf at 2-0. I don't really like that but again I understand.

Fair play for shifting mate. There was loads of arguing around me. I never said anything I simply got up and walked. I was so angry! It's a shame to see folk throwing scarfs at 2-0 though I agree.

EdinMike
14-04-2013, 07:01 AM
The smugness from some on here is ****ing unreal...

It equates to those who "say" they were at the 6-6 Motherwell game all 30k, *More in likely 3k* The kind that enjoy the smell of their own farts.. BTW Was at the 6-6 game !

ruthven_raiders
14-04-2013, 07:05 AM
Exactly . After every semi and final we`ve played at Hampden in last decade ( and that`s a lot of matches ) there are threads about drunks fighting with other Hibs supporters during matches and on trains etc . Before the matches , fans asking where there are pubs open at 8 am and I notice every bus notice goes with a no booze on bus warning as though it`s a new law . Final will be no different despite being a Sunday with later opening in pubs . Sounds like there is very little effort to make family sections drunk free ( at some matches we`ve had complaints about drunken parents getting into fights in front of their kids anyway ) and police/stewards do nothing to stop drunks entering stadium anyway . One of positives of getting to semis and finals is that it`s a chance to attract new fans who might become regulars but the comments here from folk mentioning frightened kids hardly suggests newcomers will be back . Time for clubs , police and football authorities to look at crowd control and what companies are their major sponsors . btw I love a few pints before and after games but the day that means I`ll start ruining matches for other fans I`ll stop ( drinking and / or football ) and day I need a drink at 8 am before a match I hope my friends and family have a word with me too .

Yep sad too see parents taking frightened crying kids away from a few morons who clearly shouldn't drink alcohol at all. These idiots were drunk and obviously very angry so my advice to them is to stay away and go to AA!! Despite these idiots my little 2 year old girl 3 in a few days saw her first ever hibs and and my boy 7 enjoyed the occasion! My son did have his head covered by his jacket for most of first half but appeared when we scored😉

Thecat23
14-04-2013, 07:08 AM
It equates to those who "say" they were at the 6-6 Motherwell game all 30k, *More in likely 3k* The kind that enjoy the smell of their own farts.. BTW Was at the 6-6 game !

Haha but were you really?! ;) I know mate some of the stuff folk are saying is laughable it really is. It wouldn't surprise me if that game was the only game these guys have seen this season.

Ps.. I wasn't at the 6-6 game. Ironically I didn't leave my work early enough to get though!!!

CallumLaidlaw
14-04-2013, 07:10 AM
Took my 8yr old boy on his first trip to Hampden yesterday. I've also avoided taking him to any Old Firm or Hearts games so far. He saw some absolute states. Walking from our coach to Hampden he saw his dad try and help a young lad that was so drunk he was unconscious beside the petrol station. After failing to try and wake him, we put him in the recovery position and shouted down a police van to advise. Once in the stadium (North stand) a row of teenagers stood behind us and spent the first half pouring out bile and blowing smoke. I pulled them up for it and one apologised. His mates shouted at him for apologising and told me if I didn't like it I should be in the family section (although that didn't sound any better), before calling one of my female friends a "speccy slut". Thankfully they vanished at half time. But my lad had heard them saying its gonna be another 5-1 so he spent up til our first goal asking to leave as he now thought the same. Thankfully there was a lovely guy next to us that sat down with my son and told him things would get better and it would be worth the pain. He high fived him at all our goals and told him he'd seen history at the end.

We went into asda on the way back to the coach to witness more scrapping as people were trying to force their way in, and my lad nearly got a stray punch in the face that was aimed at a store manager that was just trying to control the crowd.

Thankfully my lad seemed to take it all in his stride and can't wait til the final.

Sylar
14-04-2013, 07:45 AM
I was the opposite yesterday in a perverse way.

I wasn't at the game as I'm moving to Surrey on Monday and I had a lot of packing to do. It was also my birthday and I wanted to spend it with my friends and family in Dundee.

I didn't really pay attention to the first half. I had it on in a TV in the other room and sporadically wandered in to check the score and when it went 3-0, all I could bring myself to do was laugh in defeat.

I ended up sitting down and watching the second half whilst I was taking a break from packing and the vastly improved start to the half made me stick around. Nearly got up and got on with stuff again when Sparky missed the penalty but persevered. Glad I did and I do now wish I had gone :agree:

Nailrod
14-04-2013, 07:52 AM
To be honest Nailrod, it was like a library at points so you've pretty much had the full match experience. A few sweary words and a couple of fights and you'd have been sorted!

Actually they have quite a lot of that in Northampton library. Also drunks urinating on the stairs.

Hermit Crab
14-04-2013, 08:51 AM
Took the words oot ma mouth.. If yesterdays game was an episode of Taggart, then we got away with the murder...

Absolutely. We scraped it against a team a league below us. Get out of jail card well and truly used yesterday.

Hermit Crab
14-04-2013, 08:55 AM
Too much über fan pish on this thread. It's embarrassing some of it. People left early myself included. Get over it. I suppose those that left early don't deserve a ticket for the final incase they leave early.

lugz
14-04-2013, 09:01 AM
Left when the third went in and I still stand by it. Couldn't face sitting there watching (what I thought at the time) a joke of a team.

Went to the international bar where there were 100s of hibs fans, turned into a riot the place was rocking.

Anyone who slags/slates people for leaving need to have a word we all support the same club and want the same success.

GoldenEagle
14-04-2013, 09:05 AM
Left when the third went in and I still stand by it. Couldn't face sitting there watching (what I thought at the time) a joke of a team.

Went to the international bar where there were 100s of hibs fans, turned into a riot the place was rocking.

Anyone who slags/slates people for leaving need to have a word we all support the same club and want the same success.

So I hear..:agree:

JennaFletcher
14-04-2013, 09:10 AM
The highlight for me looking back now was watching a 30 something man try to throw away his jinglin' green and white jester hat in rage... see you later!

patlowe
14-04-2013, 09:49 AM
I really can't see why anyone would take umbridge at someone else's decision to leave. It sounds like the guys that went to the pub had a great time and will always have a good story to tell from what was a remarkable day.

Alfred E Newman
14-04-2013, 09:55 AM
Same here. The beechwood pub was bouncing during the 2nd half. Payed my money I can leave when I want. As you say no regrets at all.

Well done you. Why don`t you just watch the final from the Beechwood as well.

One Day
14-04-2013, 10:08 AM
Unfortunately though they often go together.

Its amazing how mild mannered people turn in to demons at these games. A combination of the drink and the ocassion. At 3-0 i was giving fenlon dogs abuse which is not something i normally do. Think i will tone down the drink for the final

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-04-2013, 10:27 AM
Couple of blokes in front of me left at the final whistle only to reappear when one of them twigged halfway down the stairs that there was extras. Don't know if that counts?

hibeesjoe
14-04-2013, 10:37 AM
Still gutted i left when i did but we were rank rotten. Thats the first and last time i can remember leaving early tho :fuming:. Cant wait till the final and want too win it as much as the next Hibs fan.

Unless a different Hibs team start turning up more regular from next season i still cant see a happy ending for Fenlon come xmas, cup winning manager or not.

fat freddy
14-04-2013, 10:39 AM
The smugness from some on here is ****ing unreal. Saying they are true fans etc.. I wonder if they are all season ticket holders?? I honestly can't believe the comments of some. Telling supporters not to attend the final and we don't deserve it. Everyone is entitled to leave when they like. 1-5 is very fresh in people's heads and I was one who thought Hibs had collapsed again. Instead of taking the uber fan approach why not just be happy? Fat Freddy I've read your posts and when you come out with "inner chimp" to the fans who left you really are a roaster of a guy. I've been to many games fans have walked and I've stayed sometimes we got something other times we didn't. But I didn't come on here smugly damming those who left.

your just gutted because you left early...your probably right about me being a roaster though but im a roaster that stayed and it was bloody marvelous...the smugness comes naturally.:cb

Cauld Bovril
14-04-2013, 10:53 AM
I`ve never understood fans leaving early, i hate giving opposition fans the satisfaction of seeing that but if someone wants to go, it`s their choice.
15 of us went in yesterday and only 3 stayed, needless to say we gave them it tight on the bus back :smug: but it was all done in good spirit and we were all just as delighted to be in the final. Most of them did say they`d think twice about leaving early again.:thumbsup:

HFC07
14-04-2013, 10:55 AM
Me, my old man and nephew stayed....:flag::flag:

Hibernian fc = comeback kings.

What a day :pfgwa:hnet:

whiskyhibby
14-04-2013, 10:55 AM
I stayed to the end, just as I did in last years final......

HibernianJK
14-04-2013, 10:56 AM
I always beleived we would win the game. Put a fiver on us to win in 90 mins at HT at 25's.. cant beleive we couldn't have taken one more chance.

hibee_nation
14-04-2013, 11:19 AM
Any chance we can run a couple of buses to the beachwood and international for the part timers, would hate for them to miss the final. And yes i am smug cause i stayed, it's what supporters do. :pfgwa

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-04-2013, 11:20 AM
25/1 to score at least four goals in a half, they must've saw you coming, ridiculous price!

14-04-2013, 11:21 AM
Was so deflated and demoralised after the 3rd goal, definatly could not see a way back for us at all, seemed dead and buried. Honestly never thought in a million years that we had it in us to fight back from that. I wanted to leave, go back home and just try forget the whole thing but I stayed and thank god I did.

:pfgwa

kezbar
14-04-2013, 11:29 AM
To the fans that left early a huge thank you, as I got two empty seats beside my mate and his family for the 2nd half and ET.

My mates wife also convinced a couple of folk who were sitting near her to stay at HT as in her words it's Hibs so you never know what can happen:top marks

I said to my son after the game, I have been watching Hibs for over 40 years and I have never known a game like this, so why people left or stayed is down to individuals but I know that those that left would have been as delighted as those who stayed to see Hibs in the Scottish Cup Final, and that is what we all wanted at the start of the game:agree:

SRHibs
14-04-2013, 11:33 AM
Any leavers were justified in their decision, IMO. I mean, come on, the amount of ***** we've had to put up with recently is a joke, and that was probably the breaking point for a lot of people. I'm sure most expected us to be extra motivated and attempt to rid us of the memories, or at least alleviate the pain, from 'that day' last year. As it happens, we were even more heartless and uninspired, which is quite a feat. Glad we turned it around, but can't blame anyone for leaving that game.

silverhibee
14-04-2013, 11:41 AM
Not me, i stayed to the end.

:smug:

Hibs. Not good for the old ticker. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
14-04-2013, 11:44 AM
I'd be a liar if i said i never thought about leaving, and i think i would have left if they had scored that chance near the end of the first half to make it 4.

I'm glad i stayed, but can understand why folk left because we were an absolute shambles in that first half.

No matter if you stayed or left and watched the remainder of the game in the pub, we all witnessed something special. :thumbsup:

VickMackie
14-04-2013, 11:57 AM
Left at 2 nil. Not imterested if others agree, i'm Actually seek of the ****ing depressing bus journey home.

I'm giving the final a wide berth, I know I could miss history in the making but I said the same last year.

dalmeny62
14-04-2013, 12:02 PM
Folk react in different ways. One pal, who hasn't missed a game since the nineties left for the international bar. Another pal, who's first game it was, stayed until the end. It's up to the individual and has nothing to do with anyone else. I mind having the 'real fans don't leave early' attitude when I was a teenager. I've since grown up and respect other people's decisions. Football is highly emotive and everyone is different. We all support the same team and got what we wanted. GGTTH

Bishop Hibee
14-04-2013, 12:03 PM
I'd be a liar if i said i never thought about leaving, and i think i would have left if they had scored that chance near the end of the first half to make it 4.

I'm glad i stayed, but can understand why folk left because we were an absolute shambles in that first half.

No matter if you stayed or left and watched the remainder of the game in the pub, we all witnessed something special. :thumbsup:

:top marks After last season's final I can't criticise anyone who left or booed the team. I stayed but was close to leaving and would have gone if they'd scored a fourth.

I heard the players were involved in scuffles in the dressing room after the debacle of the first half. Must have worked to get them fired up as they should have won it in 90 mins. Mind you we wouldn't have had the celebration of Super Leigh's wonder goal :party:

Green Fish
14-04-2013, 12:04 PM
I've never left a match early other than with a few minutes to go. I must admit that if a 4th had gone in yesterday i don't know what i would have done.

Our boys put us through it but we love the club and yesterday showed us all that we all should support the team to the end.:flag:

scoopyboy
14-04-2013, 12:12 PM

I couldn't argue ever but since 1967 when I attended my first Hibs match I cannot remember a better one.

I can't recall Hibs being three down and winning the game in any competition, can't even remember being 3 down and getting a draw.

To be in a game in the semi final of the Scottish Cup it makes it even more dramatic.

I take your point about it being against a team from a lower league but can you give me an example of a better or more important comeback?

IWasThere2016
14-04-2013, 12:43 PM
Love how some as smug about staying on but bailed at last season's CF. You cannae have the moral high ground when it suits :wink:

But if ye can, I left at HT but I've had my CF hotel booked for months :greengrin

DH1875
14-04-2013, 12:47 PM
25/1 to score at least four goals in a half, they must've saw you coming, ridiculous price!

don't know where they got that price from. We were 33/1 to make the final at HT. That's to make the final not win in 90 mins or even extra time.

InterviewLoI
14-04-2013, 02:13 PM
I had the aerlingus app open when Harris scored

basehibby
14-04-2013, 02:46 PM
I seem to have struck a raw nerve with another thread (Laughing at the Part Timers) which has been closed without any real justification IMO

I'll admit I was taking a deliberately high and mighty stance on that thread - the reason being that there is a point to be made here. If we'd ALL decided to walk out at 3-0 down would there still have been such a tremendous come back? Maybe but I doubt it!

Regardless, those who walked out and missed such a scintliating come back fully deserve to have their legs pulled about it forever more IMO.

cabbageandribs1875
14-04-2013, 02:49 PM
personally, i think it's p@sh patter goading fellow hibs fans imo, we all have different levels of tolerance

Hibernia Na Eir
14-04-2013, 02:51 PM
make no apologies, left after third as I think we all saw another possible repeat of last May on.
aye, we ended up winning but it wasn't a good day, really. The players faces summed that up at the end.

MSK
14-04-2013, 02:54 PM
I seem to have struck a raw nerve with another thread (Laughing at the Part Timers) which has been closed without any real justification IMO

I'll admit I was taking a deliberately high and mighty stance on that thread - the reason being that there is a point to be made here. If we'd ALL decided to walk out at 3-0 down would there still have been such a tremendous come back? Maybe but I doubt it!

Regardless, those who walked out and missed such a scintliating come back fully deserve to have their legs pulled about it forever more IMO.You are deliberately setting out to wind fellow hibbies up, have you not got anything better to do or discuss ..?

lord bunberry
14-04-2013, 02:58 PM

Regardless, those who walked out and missed such a scintliating come back fully deserve to have their legs pulled about it forever more IMO.

If you stayed then of course you have the right to wind up folk like me who left, it has to go down as one of the worse decisions ever. I can't be doing with all the uber fan nonsense though, I don't have to justify myself to anyone

shamo9
14-04-2013, 02:58 PM
make no apologies, left after third as I think we all saw another possible repeat of last May on.
aye, we ended up winning but it wasn't a good day, really. The players faces summed that up at the end.

I know, winning our 13th Scottish Cup Semi in 34 attempts after being dead and buried, meh :cb

Much better Hibs teams have bottled it completely at this stage. Credit to this one for showing the type of grit and determination you need to win anything.

basehibby
14-04-2013, 03:04 PM
personally, i think it's p@sh patter goading fellow hibs fans imo, we all have different levels of tolerance

Well I think it's pish poor patter walking out on yer team when things aint going so well.

I realise that people do these things as an emotional reaction but it reflects badly on all of us. The single most common question asked of me when I said I'd been to the game? "Aye but did you stay to the end?!?"

Of course it's entirely up to the individual whether they stay to the end or not and I'm not denying that many of them are probably great supporters of the club - doesn't excuse them from getting the pish taken about their actions though.

blackpoolhibs
14-04-2013, 03:06 PM

I disagree, it ended up a great day in my opinion. I have no problems at all with anyone who left, its their prerogative to do what they want with their time and money.

I said a few things to my mate at half time, one being Petrie should storm into that dressing room and sack Fenlon on the spot, as i felt this was a complete shambles i was witnessing . I also said this was a new low, even lower than last May.

75 minutes later i wanted to kiss him. :greengrin

hibs supporter
14-04-2013, 03:17 PM
i left after the third not bothered what anyone says after that first 30 mins performance thought it was same old hibs going into games thinking they are going to win always seem to do it against lesser teams shouldnt be playing 4 5 1 against first division teams once changed to 4 4 2 better team watching from pub

MSK
14-04-2013, 03:20 PM
Well I think it's pish poor patter walking out on yer team when things aint going so well.

I realise that people do these things as an emotional reaction but it reflects badly on all of us. The single most common question asked of me when I said I'd been to the game? "Aye but did you stay to the end?!?"

Of course it's entirely up to the individual whether they stay to the end or not and I'm not denying that many of them are probably great supporters of the club - doesn't excuse them from getting the pish taken about their actions though.Aye ..very big of you ..sit behind a keyboard & rip the pish out of fellow fans ..:aok:

hibbill2002
14-04-2013, 03:22 PM

You cannae spell Hampden ya dafty:na na:

hibs0666
14-04-2013, 03:31 PM

Was a magic day. :-)

hibs0666
14-04-2013, 03:33 PM
i left after the third not bothered what anyone says after that first 30 mins performance thought it was same old hibs going into games thinking they are going to win always seem to do it against lesser teams shouldnt be playing 4 5 1 against first division teams once changed to 4 4 2 better team watching from pub

Maybe more Hibs fan than Hibs supporter? :-)

kdhibees1
14-04-2013, 03:53 PM
I left at 3 nil. And have to admire the fans who stayed. The mix of the early rise and lots of alcohol did not help matters. An excuse aye, but at the time it was sheer heat of the moment stuff. Well done for coming out stronger in the second half Hibs, major respect!!

Bristolhibby
14-04-2013, 05:44 PM
I left after the third, some lad started having a pop at my cousin, then these harridans started getting involved.

They all needed to wind their necks in.

We were woeful, and I couldn't see us getting a sniff if a comeback. My decision and I'm gutted for missing out.

But in the context of last May I had had enough.

If we win this bloody Cup nobody will remember the semi.

J

hibee_nation
14-04-2013, 05:54 PM
I left after the third, some lad started having a pop at my cousin, then these harridans started getting involved.

They all needed to wind their necks in.

We were woeful, and I couldn't see us getting a sniff if a comeback. My decision and I'm gutted for missing out.

But in the context of last May I had had enough.

If we win this bloody Cup nobody will remember the semi.

J

I disagree i think if we win it this game will take on even greater significance. :flag:

Hibs07p
14-04-2013, 05:57 PM
I've read the whole thread, and can agree with the sentiments of 99% of the posters here. The tolerance levels of each supporter varies for many reasons. We all love Hibs to a degree, and some of us have more important loves in our lives than Hibs, others have not. Doesn't really matter though, Hibs have made us all suffer over the years despite our support for them, and we ask, what have we / I done to deserve this? Certain people will be hit harder than others, people will have reacted in different ways and did what they thought was right at that time. We, the Hibs family, have had very little to cheer about in the last decade, despite our "financial" success, and this competition brings out our emotions like no other, yesterday proves that. I don't blame or criticise anyone for their actions except the fighting.
I've walked out early before, V Dundee when we lost 0-4 in the late 80's I think, I've thrown my scarf on the park, same game. I stayed till the end last May, I didn't leave at 0-3 yesterday, my "pain" threshold yesterday was 0-4! I believed before the game we would beat 1st Division opposition, going 0-3 down tested that belief, but felt we needed the half time break to sort things out. I booed during that first half, but didn't boo them back out, I understand why others did. We, the Hibs family is Hibernian Football Club, sometimes the players / manager don't deserve our support, but when we do, they must feel 10 foot tall. It's not just a one way street though, sometimes the players have to "give" to "receive", and over the years, we all believe they have not given nearly enough, or often enough, despite the support they get. The support as always, were great from the start, and as the team faltered, so did we. The team rallied after half time, so did we.
Apologies for the long post, but we are a family, and families don't always get on.
GGTTH

Bristolhibby
14-04-2013, 06:06 PM
I disagree i think if we win it this game will take on even greater significance. :flag:

Surely the Cup Final day will become the most memorable day in our history? The comeback, beating Hearts, the Killy game will mean nothing unless the team delivers.

J

Scouse Hibee
14-04-2013, 06:11 PM
So some folk left went straight to their cars and drove home missing the comeback, some folk left went straight to the pub to drown their sorrows and ended up watching the great comeback on TV, other folk like me stayed till the end and witnessed the comeback live.

Who the **** really cares who done what? I don't, we all suffered the first 3 goals against us and then dealt with it in the way we thought appropriate, what's right for you is right for you! **** everyone else. :thumbsup:

kdhibees1
14-04-2013, 06:12 PM
I've read the whole thread, and can agree with the sentiments of 99% of the posters here. The tolerance levels of each supporter varies for many reasons. We all love Hibs to a degree, and some of us have more important loves in our lives than Hibs, others have not. Doesn't really matter though, Hibs have made us all suffer over the years despite our support for them, and we ask, what have we / I done to deserve this? Certain people will be hit harder than others, people will have reacted in different ways and did what they thought was right at that time. We, the Hibs family, have had very little to cheer about in the last decade, despite our "financial" success, and this competition brings out our emotions like no other, yesterday proves that. I don't blame or criticise anyone for their actions except the fighting.
I've walked out early before, V Dundee when we lost 0-4 in the late 80's I think, I've thrown my scarf on the park, same game. I stayed till the end last May, I didn't leave at 0-3 yesterday, my "pain" threshold yesterday was 0-4! I believed before the game we would beat 1st Division opposition, going 0-3 down tested that belief, but felt we needed the half time break to sort things out. I booed during that first half, but didn't boo them back out, I understand why others did. We, the Hibs family is Hibernian Football Club, sometimes the players / manager don't deserve our support, but when we do, they must feel 10 foot tall. It's not just a one way street though, sometimes the players have to "give" to "receive", and over the years, we all believe they have not given nearly enough, or often enough, despite the support they get. The support as always, were great from the start, and as the team faltered, so did we. The team rallied after half time, so did we.
Apologies for the long post, but we are a family, and families don't always get on.
GGTTH

Aldo
14-04-2013, 06:18 PM
So some folk left went straight to their cars and drove home missing the comeback, some folk left went straight to the pub to drown their sorrows and ended up watching the great comeback on TV, other folk like me stayed till the end and witnessed the comeback live.

Who the **** really cares who done what? I don't, we all suffered the first 3 goals against us and then dealt with it in the way we thought appropriate, what's right for you is right for you! **** everyone else. :thumbsup:

This.

Mr White

:top marks well said.

Baldy Foghorn
Surely the Cup Final day will become the most memorable day in our history? The comeback, beating Hearts, the Killy game will mean nothing unless the team delivers.

J

Right J, what if we lose Final, but go on to play superbly and lift the Europa Cup......Surely the comeback yesterday would be the catalyst:greengrin

clerriehibs
14-04-2013, 06:21 PM

J

I think the poster meant this game will take on even greater significance than it currently has if we win the cup. The final will be the big one ... but that semi- will live long in the memory for any Hibs fan, perhaps especially for the ones that were there.

Saorsa
14-04-2013, 06:23 PM

Who the **** really cares who done what? I don't, we all suffered the first 3 goals against us and then dealt with it in the way we thought appropriate, what's right for you is right for you! **** everyone else. :thumbsup::top marks

I dinnae recommend punching steel doors though :greengrin

shamo9
14-04-2013, 06:30 PM

J

Don't agree with the sentiment that the incredible scenes yesterday will mean nothing if we don't win the cup (we will though:flag:)

The semi final against Rangers in 2004 still puts a smile on my face whenever I watch it. Sure, it means significantly less because of the final, but I can still remember how I felt during the penalty shot out and nothing can take away that memory. Same with last year at Hampden against Aberdeen when Griffiths got the second.

So yeah, yesterday won't count for too much if we don't win in May, but being a Hibs fan is hard enough. If we can't treasure the special moments like yesterday regardless of the final outcome, we'd have all put a bullet through the brain a long time ago.:wink:

Bristolhibby
14-04-2013, 06:45 PM
I think the poster meant this game will take on even greater significance than it currently has if we win the cup. The final will be the big one ... but that semi- will live long in the memory for any Hibs fan, perhaps especially for the ones that were there.

Exactly

Billy Whizz
14-04-2013, 06:48 PM
Roughly how many Hibs fans left early?
Are we talking a few hundred or so?

Scouse Hibee
14-04-2013, 06:52 PM

Hard to tell because if we win the cup, in years to come there will be more than 18000 reminiscing about how they witnessed one of the greatest ever comebacks by Hibs. :wink::greengrin

Kaiser1962
14-04-2013, 07:11 PM

While it was not an insignificant number I believe that, as a proportion of the overall support, it was not a high percentage.

Onion
14-04-2013, 07:14 PM

:agree:

HibeeHutch
14-04-2013, 08:19 PM
As someone who couldn't see the game yesterday roughly just how many fans do you think left when we were 3 down?

SteveHFC
14-04-2013, 08:20 PM
2346 :wink:

madabouthibs
14-04-2013, 08:21 PM
I think very little.
Yes, a lot of folk headed up the stairs, but in G2 where I was, they all came back after a few minutes. Most of them just needed a fag! :greengrin

clerriehibs
14-04-2013, 08:22 PM
As someone who couldn't see the game yesterday roughly just how many fans do you think left when we were 3 down?

look at the thread where folks are posting SoL clips ... I can't see any obvious spaces where fans have left. Sure some left ... but hardly in the numbers that the media are harping on about.

lucky
14-04-2013, 08:22 PM
Looked like a 200-300. I thought the support did well to hang in there at 0-3

Westie1875
14-04-2013, 08:23 PM
Not sure, but it was less than I expected. Was really glad to see how many were still there when the 2nd half started.

Since90+2
14-04-2013, 08:23 PM
look at the thread where folks are posting SoL clips ... I can't see any obvious spaces where fans have left. Sure some left ... but hardly in the numbers that the media are harping on about.

About 7070

Billy Whizz
14-04-2013, 08:24 PM
What a shame they left early, and didn't get their voucher for a cup final ticket at the end of extra time!

WHAM
14-04-2013, 08:26 PM
A few hundred at most.

Media and hearts fans going on about a mass exodus which just didn't happen. The vast majority of the support held firm.

Baldy Foghorn
14-04-2013, 08:26 PM
What a shame they left early, and didn't get their voucher for a cup final ticket at the end of extra time!

:faf::faf::fishin:

Billy Whizz
14-04-2013, 08:36 PM
:faf::faf::fishin:

Stevie, 3 of the lads that I got tickets for left at ht. Won't be helping them get final tickets. They all travelled home sheepish. Imagine missing what we all witnessed!

Baldy Foghorn
14-04-2013, 08:40 PM
Stevie, 3 of the lads that I got tickets for left at ht. Won't be helping them get final tickets. They all travelled home sheepish. Imagine missing what we all witnessed!

I know Billy, some I know left at 0-2, some left at 0-3.......Their choice, but boy did they miss all the excitement....

LeighLoyal
14-04-2013, 08:41 PM
Did any come back for the extra time? Can you even get back in?

Billy Whizz
14-04-2013, 08:46 PM
Did any come back for the extra time? Can you even get back in?

They couldn't, as their tales were scanned out

JMac
14-04-2013, 08:48 PM
From where I was it looked about 300 at most, if you listen to the media or the yams, about 400000000 of us left

Capt Mainwaring
14-04-2013, 09:01 PM
I would say a couple of hundred max walked up the stairs and didn't return.

Need to put a reality check on this before the urban myth takes over and it becomes half the support.

14-04-2013, 09:02 PM
A few hundred at most.

Media and hearts fans going on about a mass exodus which just didn't happen. The vast majority of the support held firm.

:agree: hearts going on about "hibs fire drill at 30 minutes" - Hardly!

A few folk in front of me left after the 3rd goal but think they just went early to get their pies coz they all came back 10 minutes later.

jgl07
14-04-2013, 09:36 PM
Who cares?

They were all moaning gits and the atmosphere was vastly better after they left. Good riddance.

It was no coincidence that the team started playing after the exodus and the supporters got behind the team.

Pat 0-7
14-04-2013, 09:37 PM
You only need to look at the tv pictures for SOL at the end - still a huge support there.

SaulGoodman
14-04-2013, 09:52 PM
I'm glad I stayed to boo the team back on to the pitch or I would've missed the comeback! :duck:

Purple & Green
14-04-2013, 10:01 PM
I'd guess less than a 1000 left before the comeback. A few idiots in the support but most were absolutely magnificent IMHO

Sir David Gray
14-04-2013, 10:04 PM
A couple of hundred left, I would say.

300 at the most.

clerriehibs
14-04-2013, 10:08 PM
Who cares?

They were all moaning gits and the atmosphere was vastly better after they left. Good riddance.

It was no coincidence that the team started playing after the exodus and the supporters got behind the team.

There was no "exodus".