PDA

View Full Version : Be honest......who left after 30 minutes?

Pages : 1 [2]

Big_Franck
14-04-2013, 10:16 PM
Who cares?

They were all moaning gits and the atmosphere was vastly better after they left. Good riddance.

It was no coincidence that the team started playing after the exodus and the supporters got behind the team.

The atmosphere in our area definitely improved second half after the few moaning gits behind us disappeared at half-time.

I'd say it was 500 max that left, videos of the highlights and of Sunshine on Leith show clearly that the vast majority of the support was still there to see our epic comeback.

:fenlon any saviles looking in!

Purehibee_MYB
14-04-2013, 10:34 PM
You only need to look at the tv pictures for SOL at the end - still a huge support there.

Is there a video of this? I struggled to sing it, had no voice left! What a day

Edit: Found it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdMBhBDBO68&noredirect=1

Mister P
14-04-2013, 10:40 PM
Stevie, 3 of the lads that I got tickets for left at ht. Won't be helping them get final tickets. They all travelled home sheepish. Imagine missing what we all witnessed!

I stayed right to the end Bill...so erm, just mind that eh :wink:

down-the-slope
14-04-2013, 10:45 PM
Smallish number left...large number went for grub / wizz / fag etc and returned

Hermit Crab
14-04-2013, 10:46 PM
As someone who couldn't see the game yesterday roughly just how many fans do you think left when we were 3 down?

Why do you ask?

killie-hibby
14-04-2013, 10:59 PM
As someone who couldn't see the game yesterday roughly just how many fans do you think left when we were 3 down?

1.2% of 17500

DH1875
14-04-2013, 11:04 PM
Whole row behind us left. Was quite happy as they were doing my head in with all the crap that kept coming out their mouths. Talking to a guy in the pub last night he said that 50 of them watched the 2nd half in a boozer in the gorbals.

Scouse Hibee
14-04-2013, 11:07 PM

No where near as many as those who didn't go but will still want a ticket for the final!

Hermit Crab
14-04-2013, 11:20 PM
No where near as many as those who didn't go but will still want a ticket for the final!

This. Let the scramble commence.

Hibercelona
14-04-2013, 11:21 PM
Some fans decided to go at 3-0 down, where as the "better fans" chose to stay and boo the crap out of the team. :whistle:

HibeeHutch
15-04-2013, 12:02 AM
Why do you ask?

Curiosity. The media/Twitter-sphere was replete with talk of those who left.

cam75
15-04-2013, 12:33 AM
Few left around me and 1 got lifted leaving his 5 year old boy in tears,got to say that the 1s that left missed best comeback I think we will ever see... We played a big part for the players with our backing pushing them on and we got what we all wanted another sc final:-)

MWHIBBIES
15-04-2013, 04:41 AM
Some fans decided to go at 3-0 down, where as the "better fans" chose to stay and boo the crap out of the team. :whistle:It worked though didn't it :greengrin

Albanian Hibs
15-04-2013, 06:38 AM
A lot of people stood outside and at the back when they left their seats (including us)

fatbloke
15-04-2013, 07:02 AM
Looked like a 200-300. I thought the support did well to hang in there at 0-3

I would say no more than 20-30. Many headed up stairs but not many left.

Davy Mac
15-04-2013, 07:13 AM
A few folk got up and had a strop but I think the majority are correct, maybe 50+ folk left and the rest said a prayer, had a pee, fag, scrap, another crap offering from the catering kiosk or stared into space.

Loved the facebook messages on my message board when i got home when all the yaks had posted when it was 0-3, plonkers the lot of them and a fair few of them have gone in to hiding.

hibeesjoe
15-04-2013, 07:16 AM
Like I've admitted on previous posts I'm one of the people that left after the 3rd went in, still feel crap about it but hey-ho not much I can do about it now.

Looking around outside though and it did seem there was quite a lot had walked out. I reckon it must have been a few hundred and that was just from the north and east stands.

In years to come every Hibs fan will have stayed till the end though when reminiscing about the game and it will turn into another Celtic in Seville story.

essexhibee
15-04-2013, 07:46 AM
Toilets and catering areas up the back were pretty busy after the third went in. Think most people just wanted to get away for a bit don't actually think too many left.

iwasthere1972
15-04-2013, 07:47 AM
look at the thread where folks are posting SoL clips ... I can't see any obvious spaces where fans have left. Sure some left ... but hardly in the numbers that the media are harping on about.

Agree. Didn't see much evidence of empty seats where I was in the east. Most fans who got us and appear to leave either went for a pie, a pee or a fag. Maybe even to kick the Tom Kite out the rubbish bins.

heretoday
15-04-2013, 07:56 AM
What on earth is the point of going to all that hassle to get to the match and then flouncing out at HT? Morons. :confused:

Phil MaGlass
15-04-2013, 08:19 AM
What on earth is the point of going to all that hassle to get to the match and then flouncing out at HT? Morons. :confused:

mibbe the thought of another tanking from so called inferior competition was too much to take and the humiliation of the last final still in their heads may have been too much to take.
I really cant rip into anyone who left early on saturday, 1st half was an embarrassment.If I was there I might even have left at half time.
Bugger to miss the second half fightback though.
I wouldnt take the high road and call fans who left early "morons " either, after months of under achievement and poor displays can you really blame them for thinking we were in for a tanking?

lord bunberry
15-04-2013, 08:27 AM

Classy

15-04-2013, 08:36 AM
I take it that everyone on here that's full of smugness also stayed right to end of the 2 drubbings off hearts in the cup, cos that's what überfans do?

easty
15-04-2013, 08:42 AM
After the game, coming out of Asda we were walking past this lad, must have been about 20 year old and reeking. He dropped his beer and says to his mate "awww ma last beer, and a left at three nowt....I'm such a dick". Just had to laugh. :greengrin

Makaveli
15-04-2013, 08:46 AM
It was genuinely less than the number of Hearts fans who bailed at 3-1 in their recent Hampden failure.

But for some reason, "Fickle Hibs Fans Miss Comeback" sits better with our media establishment than "Rampant Hibs In Epic Comeback". :wink:

marinello59
15-04-2013, 08:50 AM
I take it that everyone on here that's full of smugness also stayed right to end of the 2 drubbings off hearts in the cup, cos that's what überfans do?

Let the anger out.:agree:

hibee_girl
15-04-2013, 08:56 AM

:smug:

15-04-2013, 09:06 AM
Let the anger out.:agree:

Haha! Anger?? Hibs are in the SC final. I'm delighted!

Just wondering if some folks have left games early previously, but are conveniently forgetting all about it.

Lucius Apuleius
15-04-2013, 09:08 AM
Bottom line is anybody has the prerogative to walk when they want. However they deserve every bit of the ribbing they get for missing the second half. As long as it is not abusive that is.

blackpoolhibs
15-04-2013, 09:24 AM
I stayed to the end but i did miss out on all the fighting, so i punched myself a couple of times in the eye.

iwasthere1972
15-04-2013, 09:44 AM

Well count me in as an uberfan then. I never leave before the end of a match - particularly when we're losing 3-0. :scarf:

GreenCastle
15-04-2013, 09:53 AM
There has been a massive media (yam) over reaction about fans leaving early.

I was actually surprised more didn't leave - if you watch on tv or were at the stadium there weren't many gaps in the seats and the Hibs end when we went 3v0 down, at HT or the end!

I doubt many other clubs fans would have stayed as long as we did - add to that the numbers we traveled in putting other clubs supports to shame.

As I've mentioned before my only complaints apart from the shocking 1st half performance were those fans boozed up and fighting - it's not just a Hibs problem as seen at the weekend. Yam fans were fighting at their final - Milwall fans at the weekend - Newcastle fans running riot after the game - something has to be done to sort the behavior of these thugs.

PercyHibs
15-04-2013, 09:57 AM
No one can be blamed for leaving at halftime on saturday but those who say they don't regret it are talking rubbish. You don't regret missing probably the best comeback in the clubs history?

As I said tho, no one can be blamed for leaving. I'd have bn absolutely gutted if I had tho.

iwasthere1972
15-04-2013, 10:00 AM
No one can be blamed for leaving at halftime on saturday but those who say they don't regret it are talking rubbish. You don't regret missing probably the best comeback in the clubs history?

As I said tho, no one can be blamed for leaving. I'd have bn absolutely gutted if I had tho.

I'd like to know just where did these fans go after leaving the ground. My guess is the nearest boozer (while they were waiting for their bus to leave at full time) only to watch the comeback unfold while at the same time hoping that we lost so as to save face.

Pretty Boy
15-04-2013, 10:02 AM
How many actually left?

A lot of folk near me got up and stormed away but think the majority just went for a slash or a fag because most reappeared.

There isn't much sign of empty seats in the pics in the papers either. I'm thinking only a couple of hundred max left but it's a good story to exaggerate.

lord bunberry
15-04-2013, 10:21 AM
I'd like to know just where did these fans go after leaving the ground. My guess is the nearest boozer (while they were waiting for their bus to leave at full time) only to watch the comeback unfold while at the same time hoping that we lost so as to save face.

That's the biggest load of pish I've read on here for a long time. I left because I was absolutely disgusted at what I was watching, I couldn't believe that we were being outplayed by a mid table div 1 team. I watched the 2nd half in the pub and there was nobody there hoping we were going to lose. I felt like a right tit when I met up with my mates and I took the slagging that went with it but I never ever wanted us to lose

Treadstone
15-04-2013, 10:23 AM
How many actually left?

A lot of folk near me got up and stormed away but think the majority just went for a slash or a fag because most reappeared.

There isn't much sign of empty seats in the pics in the papers either. I'm thinking only a couple of hundred max left but it's a good story to exaggerate.

Aye but that doesn't suit an agenda.

cabbageandribs1875
15-04-2013, 10:29 AM
a young couple were sitting next to us at the aisle end(south), he stood up yellin/swearing at her (and basically gawn radge) telling her that 'they' were leaving, but the poor lassie was wanting to stay but after a brief minute or so he got his way and they both left, i went up to the toilets just after and their was a big barney up in the concourse with two groups of about a dozen security/polis around them, i'm pretty sure i saw the lassie in one of the groups but not sure if she was still with her fella or indeed if it was them that kicked off again, i hate seeing hibs fans fighting/arguing wae each other :(

marinello59
15-04-2013, 10:29 AM
Haha! Anger?? Hibs are in the SC final. I'm delighted!

Just wondering if some folks have left games early previously, but are conveniently forgetting all about it.

Who cares? I don't. If somebody wants to leave early that's up to them. I do find it funny that they missed out on the comeback and reserve the right to have a wee s****** though. I would expect nothing less if I had left after the third. Arguing about it all really does seem a bit pointless....We won, we are in the Cup final and every single one of us is delighted.
Peace and love.:greengrin

marinello59
15-04-2013, 10:33 AM
I stayed to the end but i did miss out on all the fighting, so i punched myself a couple of times in the eye.

You shouldn't have done that to yourself. We are one big Hibernian family, I am sure there would have been plenty willing to help you out.:greengrin

Onion
15-04-2013, 10:33 AM
There has been a massive media (yam) over reaction about fans leaving early.

I was actually surprised more didn't leave - if you watch on tv or were at the stadium there weren't many gaps in the seats and the Hibs end when we went 3v0 down, at HT or the end!

I doubt many other clubs fans would have stayed as long as we did - add to that the numbers we traveled in putting other clubs supports to shame.

As I've mentioned before my only complaints apart from the shocking 1st half performance were those fans boozed up and fighting - it's not just a Hibs problem as seen at the weekend. Yam fans were fighting at their final - Milwall fans at the weekend - Newcastle fans running riot after the game - something has to be done to sort the behavior of these thugs.

This :agree:. Forget the Yams, forget the media, ignore whatever anyone else says. Simple FACT is none of them know what it is like to be a Hibs fan. No other club in Scotland has had to suffer as we have in the Scottish Cup. Rest easy in the knowledge that 18,000 Hibs fans had the GUTS to turn up again at Hampden and roughly 16,000 stayed with the team when they were getting hammered by Falkirk in the first half.

IMHO EVERY Hibs Fan who went to Hampden is a credit to the club. The fact that some chose to cut their suffering after going 3-0 going on 4-0 down, is completely understandable. Hibs fans are some of the most resilient in Scotland for what we've had to put up with. No other club comes close to us :flag:

Hermit Crab
15-04-2013, 10:34 AM
Well done you. Why don`t you just watch the final from the Beechwood as well.

I think I might. I'll even buy 2 tickets and not use them. Are you the fan police that decide when people can/can't leave like?

JimBHibees
15-04-2013, 10:39 AM
How many actually left?

Yep same in my area a few walked but most came back. Up to them what they do however I would have been absolutely gutted if I had walked out and missed one of the best and most exciting days ever being a Hibs fan. :greengrin

iwasthere1972
15-04-2013, 10:41 AM
That's the biggest load of pish I've read on here for a long time. I left because I was absolutely disgusted at what I was watching, I couldn't believe that we were being outplayed by a mid table div 1 team. I watched the 2nd half in the pub and there was nobody there hoping we were going to lose. I felt like a right tit when I met up with my mates and I took the slagging that went with it but I never ever wanted us to lose

Fair enough but I can't for one moment comprehend why anyone would go to the bother of buying a ticket and travelling to Hampden and leave after 30 minutes. Okay we were dire but there was still an hour of the match to play.

Glad you took a slagging....you deserved it. :greengrin

By the way did you see my nephew on the way out the ground? He left early too and just arrived home in time to Edinburgh to see Leigh score our fourth. Cheeky blighter is already asking about a ticket for the final. I've told them that Hibs are selling

1. Entire Match Ticket.
2. First Half Ticket
3. Second Half Ticket.

I think he may go for option 3.

Andy74
15-04-2013, 10:42 AM

I don't normally leave games but I was with a mixed group, some regulars, some who just go for bigger games, some who gave up years ago, some up from London and really just in to the beers and the catch up with the guys.

The deicison was to go at half time if we hadn't scored, so we did. We watched the rest of the game in the pub in Glasgow, full of Hibbies, and we had planned to be out there drinking anyway for the rest of the day.

Not one of us wanted to lose to be proved right, we had a good laugh about missing out on the come back and celebrated into the night. Well done to the players to turn it around but the first half was an absolute disgrace and they couldn't have complained if the lot if us got up and left.

Well done to those who stayed and cheered the team on to winning as well. I don't feel bad, I generally sit in my seat up the top of the East week in and week out with the majority of people there on Saturday nowhere to be seen. My daughter and I generally get a whole section to ourselves.

Everyone will have their own tale about what they did on Saturday and how they reacted. It was a pretty remarkable day. Cost one or two of us some champagne that we'd brazenly suggested we'd buy at 3-0 if we ended up winning. Worth it though.

Hermit Crab
15-04-2013, 10:48 AM
I left early at parkhead last week along with several others. Does that mean I'm not allowed to go there again or am I less of a fan than the übers on here that are all of a sudden taking the moral high ground. How many on here actually went to parkhead last week? I paid 29 quid I'm entitled to leave when i want whoever we are playing. Certain people on here should get over the fact that fans left early on Saturday it's got nothing to do with them. I'll get a ticket for the final and I'll leave early if we are getting pumped so deal with it.

blackpoolhibs
15-04-2013, 10:50 AM
You shouldn't have done that to yourself. We are one big Hibernian family, I am sure there would have been plenty willing to help you out.:greengrin

Form an orderly queue. :wink:

Onion
15-04-2013, 10:58 AM
I left early at parkhead last week along with several others. Does that mean I'm not allowed to go there again or am I less of a fan than the übers on here that are all of a sudden taking the moral high ground. How many on here actually went to parkhead last week? I payed 29 quid I'm entitled to leave when i want whoever we are playing. Certain people on here should get over the fact that fans left early on Saturday it got nothing to do with them. I'll get a ticket for the final and I'll leave early if we are getting pumped so deal with it.

Nothing wrong with that, and you're right, no one should be smug about staying for the whole match on Sat. I missed the Yam Final last May (abroad and unable to get home), but pretty sure had I been there last May, I would have left Saturday's game at HT. The fact I stayed doesn't make me feel extra proud or like a better fans than those that left - that would be pathetic. I was just glad to have witnessed one of the greatest SC comebacks by any Hibs team - which is reward enough.

Those that left early did so for their own reasons and will to varying degrees regret that. If we go on to win it, everyone will talk about that Semi for years to come, and we'll all have our own stories.

Scouse Hibee
15-04-2013, 11:07 AM
I bet you many of the folk that stayed and are slagging off folk for leaving regularly leave ER early themselves!

iwasthere1972
15-04-2013, 11:08 AM

If you're still on your feet after 30 minutes then I'm leaving.

Andy74
15-04-2013, 11:10 AM
I bet you many of the folk that stayed and are slagging off folk for leaving regularly leave ER early themselves!

As well as the 10,000 or so that normally don't bother going in the first place.

silverhibee
15-04-2013, 04:25 PM

:casper:

07hibee
15-04-2013, 04:33 PM
Somebody threw their hibs scaf away and it landed on me

If you were in the East ,and its a tartan one it could be mine!

NAE NOOKIE
15-04-2013, 04:42 PM
I have only ever left one Hibs game before the end and that was THAT semi final with 10 minutes to go.

I usually dont have a lot of time for folk who leave ages before the end when we are getting beat and have been known in the past to castigate such folk.

But at half time on Saturday who could blame folk for walking out on the back of such a mind bendingly terrible performance from what was at that point laughingly being referred to as the Hibs team. It was looking like last May all over again with nothing to suggest that there was any way we could turn things around. In fact I said to my mate we couldnt turn that around if we brought on Messi and Ronaldo in the second half !!!

So if you are one of the folk who walked out, dont feel bad about it, all you are due is an apology from Hibs for that abject first half.

End of.

GGTTH

silverhibee
15-04-2013, 04:48 PM

I don't get why folk are slagging folk of in the first place, i stayed to the end with my son, told him at half time if we haven't pulled a goal back by the 70th minute then i am off to the dug-out to remove PF myself, :greengrin, bet you the biggest majority that walked out are the one's who have watched the managers pishy negative tactics all season and Saturday they just had enough when the team went 3 nil down and couldn't see any way back with the team that were on the park at the time.

Where does the blame lie for these folk walking out, do you think if we were 3 up that folk would have left because the game was in the bag,nope, PF and the team take the biggest blame for fans walking out of the game.

Glad me and the son stayed, :greengrin but if we are 3 down in the final against celtc in 30 minutes then it will be a easier choice to leave, as they won't be so forgiving and lose a lead like that.

Thecat23
15-04-2013, 05:09 PM
I don't get why folk are slagging folk of in the first place, i stayed to the end with my son, told him at half time if we haven't pulled a goal back by the 70th minute then i am off to the dug-out to remove PF myself, :greengrin, bet you the biggest majority that walked out are the one's who have watched the managers pishy negative tactics all season and Saturday they just had enough when the team went 3 nil down and couldn't see any way back with the team that were on the park at the time.

Where does the blame lie for these folk walking out, do you think if we were 3 up that folk would have left because the game was in the bag,nope, PF and the team take the biggest blame for fans walking out of the game.

Glad me and the son stayed, :greengrin but if we are 3 down in the final against celtc in 30 minutes then it will be a easier choice to leave, as they won't be so forgiving and lose a lead like that.

100% agree with all this. Fair play to you guys for staying. After watching Hibs all season the final fresh in my mind and Hibs not having a comeback like that in my lifetime I had just simply had enough. Joke we were 3-0 down that quick shocking tactics! But great fight back from the boys. No regrets myself. Home early watched the rest with my wee boy who I didn't take. I'll be at the final and will leave again if it was 3-0 before HT. but Hibs will be winning though this time ;)

Pretty Boy
15-04-2013, 05:17 PM
100% agree with all this. Fair play to you guys for staying. After watching Hibs all season the final fresh in my mind and Hibs not having a comeback like that in my lifetime I had just simply had enough. Joke we were 3-0 down that quick shocking tactics! But great fight back from the boys. No regrets myself. Home early watched the rest with my wee boy who I didn't take. I'll be at the final and will leave again if it was 3-0 before HT. but Hibs will be winning though this time ;)

There's a few who seem to be taking more pleasure out of people leaving early or having a bit of a rant than anything else.

Seen at least 2 posts of the 'some folk will be gutted we won' variety. One poster was even talking about bookmarking threads so he could dredge them up at a later date, sad or what?

I was raging at half time on Saturday, didn't leave but felt like it and don't blame anyone who did. Will I be as delighted as anyone if we go on and win the cup? Course I will.

Saorsa
15-04-2013, 06:09 PM
what happened tae my post?

BroxburnHibee
15-04-2013, 06:11 PM
what happened tae my post?

I deleted it Dan - wee bit too far? :greengrin

Sorry if you disagree.

Saorsa
15-04-2013, 06:12 PM
I deleted it Dan - wee bit too far? :greengrin

Sorry if you disagree.Aye, fair enough, nae worries, if people have things tae say though....

BroxburnHibee
15-04-2013, 06:15 PM
Aye, fair enough, nae worries, if people have things tae say though....

This guy's 'morons' jibe is just showing him up to be a bit of something :greengrin

Family friendly???? :aok:

Saorsa
15-04-2013, 06:15 PM
This guy's 'morons' jibe is just showing him up to be a bit of something :greengrin

Family friendly???? :aok::aok:

Aldo
15-04-2013, 06:24 PM
:aok:

Bite yur tongue matey.. It's no worth it. Banter wiz gid tho?? ;-)

Saorsa
15-04-2013, 06:25 PM
Bite yur tongue matey.. It's no worth it. Banter wiz gid tho?? ;-)Aye nae worries Aldo mate. :aok:

Aldo
15-04-2013, 06:28 PM
Aye nae worries Aldo mate. :aok:

Just think you can drink a cup of T properly... With one pinkie out. :-))))

Saorsa
15-04-2013, 06:30 PM
Just think you can drink a cup of T properly... With one pinkie out. :-)))):wink:

I must not punch metal doors because they are harder than my hand :agree: :wink: 100x