PDA

View Full Version : Patience is key

hugo boss
12-04-2013, 08:52 AM
I think patience is the key tomorrow Falkirk will want to frustrate us get the fans on the teams back as long as we win nervous already ha ha:flag:

truehibernian
12-04-2013, 09:04 AM
I think patience is the key tomorrow Falkirk will want to frustrate us get the fans on the teams back as long as we win nervous already ha ha:flag:

I hope not - Falkirk play a high tempo game, their weakness in my eyes is they lack a physical side to their game in the middle of the park.

From the first whistle I want to see Hibs up and at them and in their faces, especially centrally - win possession and keep it, and play the wide areas. The midfield (ours) also has to press a lot higher up the pitch and take the game to them - I'm fed up seeing Claros, Taiwo, Robertson and Deegan fail to get forward quickly to support Leigh. I'm just hoping we don't give them a wee sniff of initiative and that an early goal or two can get the younger players in the Falkirk side caught in the headlights.

Concentration, high tempo, controlled aggression and pace. Not into this 'patient build up' nonsense because quite simply Hibs don't have the skill set or ability to play that way in my opinion. I'll take a first half Dundee Utd away performance for the full 90 please :agree:

hugo boss
12-04-2013, 09:08 AM
I hope not - Falkirk play a high tempo game, their weakness in my eyes is they lack a physical side to their game in the middle of the park.

From the first whistle I want to see Hibs up and at them and in their faces, especially centrally - win possession and keep it, and play the wide areas. The midfield (ours) also has to press a lot higher up the pitch and take the game to them - I'm fed up seeing Claros, Taiwo, Robertson and Deegan fail to get forward quickly to support Leigh. I'm just hoping we don't give them a wee sniff of initiative and that an early goal or two can get the younger players in the Falkirk side caught in the headlights.

Concentration, high tempo, controlled aggression and pace. Not into this 'patient build up' nonsense because quite simply Hibs don't have the skill set or ability to play that way in my opinion. I'll take a first half Dundee Utd away performance for the full 90 please :agree: I agree mate but was not meaning that was meaning if its still 0-0 i hope we don't get frustrated team and fans....:flag:

Spike Mandela
12-04-2013, 09:16 AM
This game is a giant banana skin and Falkirk will be quite content going in to the game as underdogs. Hibs never really suit being favourites but hopefully Leigh and other Hibbies in the team will get the squad in the right frame of mind for this game.

horseflesh
12-04-2013, 10:04 AM

I think it may be us who will need to try and frustrate Falkirk early on! They will be like rats out of a trap hoping they can get an early goal. A big pitch should suit their passing game but hopefully our midfield show som,e snarl that has been missing recently and we can grind them down

12-04-2013, 10:08 AM

Concentration, high tempo, controlled aggression and pace. Not into this 'patient build up' nonsense because quite simply Hibs don't have the skill set or ability to play that way in my opinion. I'll take a first half Dundee Utd away performance for the full 90 please :agree:

I totally agree, Leigh can't do it on his own, we need players getting forward and giving him options and support. We need to press them and put them on the back foot, we can't afford to sit back and wait for a lucky break up the park to Leigh. Like you say, take advantage of Falkirks lack of physical presence and press them and try to exploit them. We have players like Harris who has plenty pace and if we can use him right then he will cause them bother.

DH1875
12-04-2013, 10:59 AM
No, no, no. Get into them from the off and put this to bed ASAP. If it's 0-0 & less than 20 mins to go, I really will kite myself.

Big Frank
12-04-2013, 11:05 AM
The key to tomorrows game isn't patience.

Its Goals & Glory.

hibs0666
12-04-2013, 11:17 AM
The key to tomorrows game isn't patience.

Its Goals & Glory.

And drink.

Hainan Hibs
12-04-2013, 11:20 AM
I'd personally go for a Walter Smith 5-4-1 formation, keep a clean sheet for 120 minutes and use our 100% penalty shoot-out record to see us through to the final:agree:

3pm
12-04-2013, 12:14 PM
The key to tomorrow, in my opinion, is to score more than Falkirk. :agree:

Speedway
12-04-2013, 12:17 PM
Winning is the key tomorrow with 'scoring goals' a close second on the key chain.

Here's the statement I want to read from Fenlon:

Question: Are you looking forward to the game tomorrow (or if it's a Hibs TV interview) 'How important is scoring more goals than the opposition tomorrow?

'I'm looking forward to tomorrow because I always look forward to a victory. No disrespect to whoever we're playing tomorrow, as I don't differentiate between them, they are all losers to me; but we're an awful lot better than they are.

They have some young chancers who'll fancy themselves and if they have the temerity to come within a couple of feet, my players are instructed to laugh at them.

If they run fast, we'll run twice as fast. If they work hard, we'll work twice as hard. If they get possession of the ball for some strange reason, they'd better not be wearing white shorts because we'll hunt them down until their sphincters twitch like an 80's DJ when the Polis come calling.

The corneas of the Falkirk players will be burned with the image of the Hibernian badge. We're in ****in' cherge here. Victory is ours.

Then in the East Mains Nerve Centre, I want Pat to assemble the squad and give them a quiz sheet each with the following questions:

1. If we lose the ball tomorrow, what happens?
2. If Spanky goes off injured, what happens?
3. If Williams spills a cross, what happens?
4. If Cairney makes space on the flank, what happens?
5. No matter what, what happens?

Then he informs the players that if any of their written answers to any of the questions is not 'Win the ****ing match' then they are dropped and their contract is terminated by mutual consent.

Then we go out and win the game.

Straightforward stuff.

hibbysam
12-04-2013, 01:56 PM
Winning is the key tomorrow with 'scoring goals' a close second on the key chain.

Here's the statement I want to read from Fenlon:

Question: Are you looking forward to the game tomorrow (or if it's a Hibs TV interview) 'How important is scoring more goals than the opposition tomorrow?

'I'm looking forward to tomorrow because I always look forward to a victory. No disrespect to whoever we're playing tomorrow, as I don't differentiate between them, they are all losers to me; but we're an awful lot better than they are.

They have some young chancers who'll fancy themselves and if they have the temerity to come within a couple of feet, my players are instructed to laugh at them.

If they run fast, we'll run twice as fast. If they work hard, we'll work twice as hard. If they get possession of the ball for some strange reason, they'd better not be wearing white shorts because we'll hunt them down until their sphincters twitch like an 80's DJ when the Polis come calling.

The corneas of the Falkirk players will be burned with the image of the Hibernian badge. We're in ****in' cherge here. Victory is ours.

Then in the East Mains Nerve Centre, I want Pat to assemble the squad and give them a quiz sheet each with the following questions:

1. If we lose the ball tomorrow, what happens?
2. If Spanky goes off injured, what happens?
3. If Williams spills a cross, what happens?
4. If Cairney makes space on the flank, what happens?
5. No matter what, what happens?

Then he informs the players that if any of their written answers to any of the questions is not 'Win the ****ing match' then they are dropped and their contract is terminated by mutual consent.

Then we go out and win the game.

Straightforward stuff.

THIS! :thumbsup::hibees:flag: