PDA

View Full Version : Well said Pat Stanton !

Niffy
12-04-2013, 08:23 AM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4883849/If-you-cant-take-the-heat-get-out-now.html

Stevie Reid
12-04-2013, 08:43 AM
He's not wrong, obviously. We have seen a few times in recent weeks that circumstances out with our control can cost us winning matches, but if we go out of the cup tomorrow having choked and not put in a performance, it will be the last straw for many.

We couldn't ask for a better opportunity to get to a second consecutive Scottish Cup final, which would be a very notable achievement.

Andy74
12-04-2013, 09:02 AM
I think its a wee bit uncalled for to be honest. The players have done pretty well in the cup so far and over the season its not really been a lack of effort or commitment that's been the issue. Largely they are not the players who have failed badly in previous cup competitions against smaller teams. The league cup game I think Pat would admit he made too many changes for a tricky game.

It's not the most supportive message ever, though I'm sure it's not the headline he intended when asked about the game.

gegs70
12-04-2013, 09:08 AM
I think Stanton is quite right no point in them not realising what the fans are all feeling.

Andy74
12-04-2013, 09:29 AM
Pat should also recall he played in a team that lost the cup final 6-1 !

The gist of what he is saying is fine, the team need to turn up and form isn't good but I think the headlines from it are a bit unfair - I don't think the majority of fans feel that the current players should leave the club in the same way as some of the non-triers in recent years.

IWasThere2016
12-04-2013, 09:54 AM
Criticism of Sir Pat cannot be defended. LT#74F! :greengrin

Andy74
12-04-2013, 09:55 AM
Criticism of Sir Pat cannot be defended. LT#74F! :greengrin

Sorry!

IWasThere2016
12-04-2013, 09:57 AM
Sorry!

1000 lines if ye dae it again!

Andy74
12-04-2013, 09:58 AM
1000 lines if ye dae it again!

Might need a few lines of something after tomorrow.

Ray_
12-04-2013, 10:03 AM
Pat should also recall he played in a team that lost the cup final 6-1 [/B]

The gist of what he is saying is fine, the team need to turn up and form isn't good but I think the headlines from it are a bit unfair - I don't think the majority of fans feel that the current players should leave the club in the same way as some of the non-triers in recent years.

Areed, but his team had the bottle to turn up at Hampden three months later and score five against the same opposition and also beat them in another final four months after that.

Mikey
12-04-2013, 10:26 AM
The Sun has obviously tarted it up a bit, but this bit is spot on.........

If there is anyone in the Hibs dressing room in any doubt about the importance of beating Falkirk then they should not be there.

Wing Half
12-04-2013, 10:53 AM
Pat Stanton rools!

Big Frank
12-04-2013, 11:01 AM
Spot on from Sir Pat.

this is Hibernian FC.

Stantons Angel
12-04-2013, 01:57 PM
Sorry!

AND so you should be!

What ever this man says should be listened to and taken on board.

He played in so many cup final defeats to a good Celtic team but each and EVERY time his team "TURNED UP"!

This was a team full of individuals who played as a team. Each and everyone of them stood together win lose or draw. They had pride in the jersey as well as in themselves and never let each other down to a man.

So when he says if anyone is a bottler they shouldn't turn up, then they cant be fit to pull that jersey over their heads!

We haven't the individual brilliance as Stanton's team but we will have a team in green and white out there tomorrow.

So for all our sakes i do hope they take heed of what he says!

Come on the Hibees!!!

sahib
12-04-2013, 03:19 PM
Pat should also recall he played in a team that lost the cup final 6-1 !

And 6-2 in the league cup.