PDA

View Full Version : How Much should you have paid ?

hibbymick
11-04-2013, 08:37 PM
Before we start , this isnt a dig at hibs or in fact any other club. I was just looking at another thread which said tynecastle tickets were £18 or £22 and it got me thinking .....over the course of this season so far... how much do you think you should have paid for whats been on offer at ER ??

Scouse Hibee
11-04-2013, 08:42 PM
Before we start , this isnt a dig at hibs or in fact any other club. I was just looking at another thread which said tynecastle tickets were £18 or £22 and it got me thinking .....over the course of this season so far... how much do you think you should have paid for whats been on offer at ER ??

I buy a ST in advance to support the club and enable them to have the funds up front to provide the manager with funds for players. Seeing as PF has been able to deal in the transfer market accordingly I am happy with what I paid up front.

down-the-slope
11-04-2013, 09:38 PM
I buy a ST in advance to support the club and enable them to have the funds up front to provide the manager with funds for players. Seeing as PF has been able to deal in the transfer market accordingly I am happy with what I paid up front.

:agree: same

in terms of value for entertainment - £12.50

LioNeilMessi
11-04-2013, 10:16 PM
Good signings and a lot of great goals from the first half of the season made my ST worth every penny! The second half of the season not so much. Based on previous years, I'm not too optimistic about the entertainment value of bottom 6 Hibs football, hope I'm wrong. Although considering I'm only paying student prices, I can't moan too much :greengrin

Thecat23
11-04-2013, 10:27 PM
Rod should be turning up at my door paying ME to watch that lot and giving me a full refund on my season ticket ;)

RecobasUncle
12-04-2013, 12:46 PM
First half of season £17.50 at least for big games. Considering the quality or lack thereof for the second half they should feel lucky to get £12.50. Seeing as the last few league games are relatively pointless and that will limit the entertainment I would say £0-£10.

Keith_M
12-04-2013, 12:50 PM
I think about 10 quid for the terracing would be fair.

TrinityHibs
12-04-2013, 12:53 PM
Happy with the price of my season ticket this year whatever that worked out/game. Was particularly happy about the free cup top up.:flag:

Bishop Hibee
12-04-2013, 01:10 PM
With the quality on show at ER an average of £10 a game would have been about right. Back in the real world my ST is like a monthly donation to a charitable cause. No rationality in it.

Ideally I would like to see walk up prices at ER of £20 for an adult and £5 for an under 16 with adult ST's priced accordingly. Will never see these prices again though.

Andy74
12-04-2013, 01:24 PM
Whilst the going rate for wages of average footballers is what it is, I'm afraid we've all been paying exactly the right amount. If not a little short of what it costs to put on.

Holmesdale Hibs
12-04-2013, 01:26 PM
With the quality on show at ER an average of £10 a game would have been about right. Back in the real world my ST is like a monthly donation to a charitable cause. No rationality in it.

Ideally I would like to see walk up prices at ER of £20 for an adult and £5 for an under 16 with adult ST's priced accordingly. Will never see these prices again though.

I agree with the charitable donation bit - I'm less bothered about getting value for money when buying something from Hibs. I'm happy to pay £20 - £25 per game. Another way to look at it is, if I wasn't a Hibs fan and just going for the love of the game, I'd probably pay £15 tops.

Also agree with the last point, not sure if we do under 16 prices now? The student prices used to be pretty good.

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-04-2013, 01:26 PM
Maybe we all should get a rebate?

Andy74
12-04-2013, 01:28 PM
Maybe we all should get a rebate?

Yes, there should be some clawback written in to players contracts where cash is actually returned for poor league placings. Then given back to us.

Stevie Reid
12-04-2013, 01:30 PM

:agree:

I've also had more enjoyable days at ER this season that I'd had for a few seasons.

RecobasUncle
12-04-2013, 01:58 PM
Whilst the going rate for wages of average footballers is what it is, I'm afraid we've all been paying exactly the right amount. If not a little short of what it costs to put on.

Thanks Rod. Depends on who the footballer is. Other than the fluke that was Claros, we seem be ignoring pretty much the entire world in scouting. Even below the EPL players in England will often be on big wages and that's where we have been primarily recruiting.

In the January transfer window alone and this won't include any Celtic transfers other SPL clubs have got players from the USA, Greece, Germany, Switzerland, and Italy. Maybe if we cast the net a bit wider we can pick up some bargains.

Lucius Apuleius
12-04-2013, 02:14 PM
I think the price is right. Three games I have managed although I should make the Dundee game at the end of the season. An expensive ST, but worth every penny

Big Frank
12-04-2013, 02:20 PM
£10 a match

Mikey
12-04-2013, 02:36 PM
Thanks Rod.

No need.