PDA

View Full Version : Boycotting Tynie?

Moon unit
09-04-2013, 10:38 PM
Should we sit on our fat derriers in front of the T.V and give the Wongadome a body swerve, thus ensuring they get SFA income???
i know this will divide opinion as it would mean not cheering on the Hibees in such a big game!

Saorsa
09-04-2013, 11:20 PM
Should we sit on our fat derriers in front of the T.V and give the Wongadome a body swerve, thus ensuring they get SFA income???
i know this will divide opinion as it would mean not cheering on the Hibees in such a big game!I havnae been at a derby there in over 20 years, that winnae be changing now so it'll just be the norm for me.

SteveHFC
09-04-2013, 11:26 PM
Why would anyone want to miss the last every derby at Tynecastle :cb

Saorsa
09-04-2013, 11:29 PM
Why would anyone want to miss the last every derby at Tynecastle :cbI couldnae give a toss about missing it TBH. :aok: but I certainly hope it's the last one.

spike220
09-04-2013, 11:57 PM
i know this will divide opinion as it would mean not cheering on the Hibees in such a big game!

In the balance of things I think it would be a good thing to go. I would rather have well supported Hibs team put in good performance rather than be wooried about giving them some money. We also need to give them a bit of stick about their cup loss. If we manage to get into the SC final (not a given), we will have plenty to sing about.

So in the balance of things yes we should go, however if we get pumped 3-0 in the semi, it migt be worth a rethink.

GGTTH

jgl07
10-04-2013, 12:01 AM
I have been to one derby at Tynecastle in the last twenty years (since the Gordon Hunter one) and it was a joke. Hearts subbed their departing players and the referee allowed them to do a lap of honour.

I said I would never go again.

I certainly do not intend to give them any cash this season.

JMac
10-04-2013, 12:12 AM
Ahhhh the usual boycott Tyne thread, no thanks, I actually support hibs and will be there to cheers our boys on as always

hibeedonald
10-04-2013, 12:13 AM

You honestly think 50k or whatever they get would make any difference? Fair enough if you hate going there but purposely avoiding it make a slight change to there finances is sad as ****.

Moon unit
10-04-2013, 07:00 AM
You honestly think 50k or whatever they get would make any difference? Fair enough if you hate going there but purposely avoiding it make a slight change to there finances is sad as ****.

i honestly would not suggest that folk should not go, I just wished to gauge the views of others!
I used to go, often in defiance, especially when we could not buy a win, but I hate being in the place now as It makes me feel ill , listening to their bile .....and Scott Wilson!!!

tamig
10-04-2013, 07:13 AM
Have boycotted that hole for years. What gets me is the folk that still buy pies and stuff. They won't get a penny from me anyway.

Treadstone
10-04-2013, 07:25 AM

This. Its like chucking buckets of water out of the Titanic.

marinello59
10-04-2013, 07:25 AM
I'm going. If we win who would want to be anywhere else?

Steve20
10-04-2013, 07:45 AM

Seems pointless considering there's no chance of them going out of business anytime soon.

#FromTheCapital
10-04-2013, 07:50 AM
Il not be going because derbies there are terrible, we usually play even worse at tynecastle than we do at Easter road so the chances of winning are slim.

marinello59
10-04-2013, 07:56 AM
Il not be going because derbies there are terrible, we usually play even worse at tynecastle than we do at Easter road so the chances of winning are slim.

They are better with a large support there though. :thumbsup:

.Sean.
10-04-2013, 08:16 AM
Going by recent turnouts some of you have been 'boycotting' Tynie for a while.

Boycotting a derby, I'm sure that'll really inspire the players.

lord bunberry
10-04-2013, 08:20 AM

if I only went to watch hibs when I thought we'd win I wouldn't go very often

StevieC
10-04-2013, 08:20 AM
Have boycotted that hole for years. What gets me is the folk that still buy pies and stuff. They won't get a penny from me anyway.

The food is contracted out so buying it does not provide the club with any more cash than they received for the franchise rights.

Not that you should be eating the overpriced dross they offer, but the point being that Hearts don't benefit from it.

StevieC
10-04-2013, 08:25 AM
Seems pointless considering there's no chance of them going out of business anytime soon.

Not sure what information you are basing this on, but everything seems to point towards May as being a critical month for the club.

Despite a poor record, I still enjoy the pre-match and atmosphere at the PBS so I'll be there.

Wheat Hound
10-04-2013, 08:31 AM
ill be there if i can........more in support of the team and defiance of the merricks than because i think we will win (though, as they too are gash, we have every chance).

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-04-2013, 08:32 AM
All this talk of boycotting is pointless IMO. If you want to go to the game, you do it off your own back and on your own principles and if you don't go, the same deal applies.

10-04-2013, 08:35 AM
As much as I hate sitting in that smelly, dump, rickety tin can "stadium" outnumbered by those toothless, disgusting, bigoted, tramps I love hibs more so I'll be there to cheer the famous green and white. As per usual tho, I certainly wont be giving them a penny extra so never buy food, drinks, programe etc.

lucky
10-04-2013, 09:16 AM
Never went to last game at the PBS and hated watching it on TV. I'm definitely going.

calumhibee1
10-04-2013, 09:25 AM
Why does a thread like this pop up every time were due to play then away? If you don't want to go then don't. Talk of a boycott however is ridiculous.

cabbageandribs1875
10-04-2013, 10:02 AM
i've been boycotting slime castle for at least 25 years, horrible cesspit

H18sry
10-04-2013, 10:46 AM

It does not matter what you buy from a catering kiosk at any Scottish ground, as they are rented out and the club gets the same rent irrespective of any profit or lose made . I will be going, but dont buy from the kiosks anyway.

DH1875
10-04-2013, 10:50 AM
We should get together with asda or tesco and all put the price of the ticket into a pot to make a banner big enough to cover the whole stand. Could be a picture of a supermarket and the words coming soon or something. Just keep it there for the whole game.

Notahappyhibee
10-04-2013, 10:50 AM
I'm going

Billy Whizz
10-04-2013, 10:59 AM
If we've qualified for Europe by then, might be a day for beach balls!!

lord bunberry
10-04-2013, 11:00 AM
Why does a thread like this pop up every time were due to play then away? If you don't want to go then don't. Talk of a boycott however is ridiculous.

I think that's quite harsh, if I thought the money from our support meant that they survived longer I would boycott the game and I suspect that's what the op was getting at

Baldy Foghorn
10-04-2013, 11:04 AM
Can't get my head around any supporter boycotting a match, that their team is playing in......Never will understand that...:rolleyes:

Geo_1875
10-04-2013, 11:44 AM
Can't get my head around any supporter boycotting a match, that their team is playing in......Never will understand that...:rolleyes:

But would you boycot a match that your team were not involved in? And how would we know if you were boycotting or just couldn't be arsed?

Baldy Foghorn
10-04-2013, 11:51 AM
But would you boycot a match that your team were not involved in? And how would we know if you were boycotting or just couldn't be arsed?

Seeing how I only go to Hibs matches, I can tell you that I couldn't be ersed going to any other football matches, which is not boycotting:greengrin

Top Pans Hibby
10-04-2013, 11:56 AM
Maybe we should all just boycott the "boycott Tynie" thread. Again.

H18sry
10-04-2013, 12:28 PM
Over 60 GETS looking in,sorry guest's :fenlon

Keith_M
10-04-2013, 12:58 PM
I'm not sure the scenario the OP has suggested could even be described as a Boycott. Generally, you have a specific complaint that you want to protest against but he's talking about just not turning up.

CB_NO3
10-04-2013, 01:04 PM
Am tempted to give this one a miss. It would be a personal protest/boycott for a lot of reasons. I have missed 2 derbies in 13 year at Tynie. First reason is I dont want to give them cash when they need it most. There will only be 1500 Hibs fans there if we are lucky. Second reason is the time and day. Getting to Gorgie for 12 o'clock KO on a Sunday is a nightmare. I work a Sunday nightshift. Third reason is I am saving up to go travelling. Fourth reason is Hibs dont deserve my support. They have been woeful all season and this season looks to be another failure. I have missed 3 games all season home and away including cups. 5 boring friendlies dont appeal to me and I want the board, players and manager to know I am disappointed. I hate on the last day of the season we give the players a clap when they do a lap of honour. They should be getting dogs abuse for letting us down AGAIN.

Saying that if we get a good result and performance on Saturday I might just change my mind. :wink:

Kojock
10-04-2013, 02:01 PM
I haven't missed a derby at Tynie in years but I'm seriously thinking of giving this game a miss for two reasons. Firstly I don't want to give Hertz any more money but most importantly I'm totally p155ed off with Sunday KO times, FFS a midday KO is beyond a joke. Think I will be handing the ticket money over to the local bartender. :fuming:

#FromTheCapital
10-04-2013, 02:24 PM
if I only went to watch hibs when I thought we'd win I wouldn't go very often

Yes this is true but we can hardly say Tynecastle is a happy hunting ground for us. Correct me if I'm wrong but I can only think of 3 games we've won there this side of the millennium. Plus every derby this season has been shocking to watch, this one doesn't promise to be any better especially when there is nothing to play for. The new year derby at tynecastle was even worse it was all hearts for the entire 90 mins because of Fenlons tactics, we were lucky they couldn't score in a Dutch brothel. I won't be giving hearts near enough 30 quid to watch that pish at 12 on a Sunday.

hibs4thecup1988
10-04-2013, 02:25 PM
If we win on saturday ill be there. If not...then I wont

Green Fish
10-04-2013, 02:25 PM
Won't be the last derby. Homo fc like cockroaches, never die.

southfieldhibby
10-04-2013, 02:39 PM
Doubt I'll be there.Not missed many games home or away this season, but I'm scunnered with the league, the time of kick off,the cost, the inevitable dull game and the trek back to civilisation east of Ryans bar.

Hibby70
10-04-2013, 03:49 PM
Home end is £18 I'm hearing.

Kojock
10-04-2013, 03:58 PM
Home end is £18 I'm hearing.

Ranging from £18 -£25.

On the Hertz fishy site the Roseburn stand comes under Gold and Bronze seating areas which looks like being priced at £22 and £18 respectively.

Skanko79
10-04-2013, 04:48 PM
if we make the final and its against celtic i'll be going. and taking a few beachballs and a sombrero with me.

California-Hibs
10-04-2013, 05:14 PM
if we make the final and its against celtic i'll be going. and taking a few beachballs and a sombrero with me.

You do realize we have to BEAT Celtic in the final, and the runners up won't be getting into Europe?

hibs4thecup1988
10-04-2013, 05:18 PM
You do realize we have to BEAT Celtic in the final, and the runners up won't be getting into Europe?

Wrong

Bostonhibby
10-04-2013, 06:45 PM

:thumbsup:now in my 22nd year of boycotting the place........

Scònaldò
10-04-2013, 07:07 PM

Ditto.

Your there to support your team, nothing else.
GGTTH

CB_NO3
10-04-2013, 07:11 PM
Yes they do.

EastCalderHibby
10-04-2013, 07:11 PM

Didn't the yams boycott er a few years back

Scònaldò
10-04-2013, 07:13 PM
Some of the excuses on here are terrible.

IMO

Wheat Hound
10-04-2013, 07:34 PM
Anyone else see the Hertz ticket announcement? If accurate, it will mean tickets for Roseburn lower will be £18 and the upper £22. Cmon Hibbies, lets make 4 in a row 5 and turn a solid if unspectular derby season into the start of something longer lasting and more significant. Lets show these merricks that they are the ones on the real downward spiral and that the final last year was our rebirth and the end of them as a force to be reckoned with. Lets GIRU the Gorgie Gonads.

Pete
10-04-2013, 07:45 PM
Anyone else see the Hertz ticket announcement? If accurate, it will mean tickets for Roseburn lower will be £18 and the upper £22. Cmon Hibbies, lets make 4 in a row 5 and turn a solid if unspectular derby season into the start of something longer lasting and more significant. Lets show these merricks that they are the ones on the real downward spiral and that the final last year was our rebirth and the end of them as a force to be reckoned with. Lets GIRU the Gorgie Gonads.

Good to hear and will make this Sunday morning kick off time more palatable.

Sunday around mid-day is the worst possible kick off time. As long as the tv people are happy and the police have as little to do as possible then everything's great.

Hermit Crab
10-04-2013, 08:03 PM
Some of the excuses on here are terrible.

IMO

The yams used Mother's Day as an excuse for not going to the last derby at Easter rd there. Surely we are not using excuses like that ;-)

lord bunberry
10-04-2013, 08:04 PM
The yams used Mother's Day as an excuse for not going to the last derby at Easter rd there. Surely we are not using excuses like that ;-)

When's fathers day

Moon unit
10-04-2013, 10:49 PM
I'm not sure the scenario the OP has suggested could even be described as a Boycott. Generally, you have a specific complaint that you want to protest against but he's talking about just not turning up.

Yeah, I just don't wish to hand over any cash to them!...I'm not suggesting that people do the same, just wanted to gauge views. I respect every Hibs fan who goes to the game!
I never used to miss going to the derby at Tynie, but have grown to hate the place.

ALF TUPPER
11-04-2013, 01:39 AM
I wont be going. Dont wont to give those tramps my hard earned wonga. Its the only ground i refuse to go to to cheer on the Hibees. I'll be sitting this one out.
:agree:

California-Hibs
11-04-2013, 01:58 AM
Yes they do.

I never realized this, was sure I read somewhere that the runners up wouldn't get it. Happy to be wrong though and although in obviously hoping for a Hibs v Dundee United final, the bonus of getting a European place if its Celtic, is very pleasing!

Hermit Crab
11-04-2013, 06:21 AM
I wont be going. Dont wont to give those tramps my hard earned wonga. Its the only ground i refuse to go to to cheer on the Hibees. I'll be sitting this one out.
:agree:

Did you go to the semi final against st Johnstone ?

bigwheel
11-04-2013, 06:52 AM
Frankly, quite a lot of Hibs fans seem to have boycotted Easter Rod this year, let alone Tynecastle - I say, get out there and support your team......

Skanko79
11-04-2013, 08:46 AM

apology accepted.

hibee92
11-04-2013, 11:42 AM
Not been in a couple years now. Used to go every time but Kevin Kyle 1-0 was the last time I went. Not sure why, just got really sick of the place. Won't be going this time.