PDA

View Full Version : Semi Tickets haven't arrived - Hibs ask me to buy more

AllyF
09-04-2013, 02:07 PM
According to Hibs, my tickets for Saturday's semi-final were sent out by First Class mail on April 2nd.

It's now April 9th and they are nowhere to be seen.

So I call the ticket office up, assuming they'd be able to sort it out and explain why they're not here.

But no. They say it's not their fault, suggest that I could be lying and trying to scam an extra pair of tickets for free and that if I want to go to the game I should buy another pair of tickets and they'll refund me in the (very unlikely) event that my original pair do arrive.

Now I completely understand that it's the Royal Mail that have f***ed up here. But I cannot afford to buy another pair of tickets (let alone the ridiculous charges they put on top of them), and thought that Hibs might just be kind enough to understand my position. I guess it looks like I won't be going to Hampden.

So, thank you Hibs for stopping one of your season ticket holders from supporting the team in the Scottish Cup semi-final. You really do know how to re-pay our loyalty.

Pretty Boy
09-04-2013, 02:13 PM
Whilst I understand your anger, it does say reasonably clearly that if you don't select recorded delivery then Hibs aren't liable for any loss of tickets and the 1st class delivery is at your own risk.

Personally i'd try again as usually the club is quite accomodating with fans problems. If you don't get a decent answer from the shop then try a bit higher up the chain.

kaimendhibs
09-04-2013, 02:15 PM
Sorry to hear this and really disappointed at the clubs stance. Really wouldnt surprise me if they were still in the ticket office in a pile for collection!!

AllyF
09-04-2013, 02:16 PM
Whilst I understand your anger, it does say reasonably clearly that if you don't select recorded delivery then Hibs aren't liable for any loss of tickets and the 1st class delivery is at your own risk.

Personally i'd try again as usually the club is quite accomodating with fans problems. If you don't get a decent answer from the shop then try a bit higher up the chain.

I bought mine over the phone and this was never mentioned. Still pretty gutted about the situation and the lack of sympathy shown.

My_Wife_Camille
09-04-2013, 02:18 PM
Go back and give them your details of the tickets you have already bought and ask them to cancel them and have them re-issued. Shouldn't be a problem as ticketing is all done with bar codes these days so only the new ones will allow access.

StevieC
09-04-2013, 02:32 PM
Go back and give them your details of the tickets you have already bought and ask them to cancel them and have them re-issued. Shouldn't be a problem as ticketing is all done with bar codes these days so only the new ones will allow access.

I'm guessing that this would be the case if it were at Easter Road, but it's at Hampden and they will have batches of tickets rather than printing them off themselves. That said, they should still be able to be cancelled, and new ones re-issued, so I suspect that it's more of a delay tactic from Hibs in the hope they arrive in the next day or two.

I have major problems with the postal services in Perth and often find 1st class mail can take over a week to arrive.

Also, Hibs might well say that the onus is on you with standard postage, but with "distance selling" regulations in place these days it's not as clear cut.

hibs4thecup1988
09-04-2013, 02:37 PM
I would advise two things

Firstly go to the shop or ticket office direct. They have 3 new members of staff on board and might not be aware of policies. Also...they could be awaiting collection as mentioned earlier on.

Secondly. Email the club. Even rod himself. Tell them the situation and I am sure you will be sorted out. Bet you after all this the tickets arrive by post tomorrow :-).

Good luck!!

JimBHibees
09-04-2013, 02:46 PM
I bought mine over the phone and this was never mentioned. Still pretty gutted about the situation and the lack of sympathy shown.

email and explain usually very helpful. nlaing@hibernianfc.co.uk

AllyF
09-04-2013, 02:48 PM
Thanks for the suggestions folks.

I've been very generously offered two tickets from 'greenginger' on another thread, so hopefully I'll be at Hampden on Saturday.

And once I sort this mess out with Hibs and get the tickets cancelled then the money will go straight towards the Dnipro Appeal.

Stantons Angel
09-04-2013, 02:54 PM
I would advise two things

Firstly go to the shop or ticket office direct. They have 3 new members of staff on board and might not be aware of policies. Also...they could be awaiting collection as mentioned earlier on.

Secondly. Email the club. Even rod himself. Tell them the situation and I am sure you will be sorted out. Bet you after all this the tickets arrive by post tomorrow :-).

Good luck!!
Sorry but this advice is against the existing policy on tickets.

It states quite clearly that after they have left the ticket office they are no longer the property of the club and all liability lies with the post office to deliver.

The office staff have given the correct information out to the poster and i too understand the frustration this causes you and the cost too.

One thing i would advise is that you ask the ticket office to look in the collections folders for your tickets they may have been put in their by mistake.

The Bank Holidays may have played havoc with your delivery too though!

hibs4thecup1988
09-04-2013, 03:01 PM
What advice have I given that is against current policies on tickets stanton? I am merely advising him to go to the shop or email someone higher up to look into it.

I personally have had zero problems with the club apart from when I used ticketmaster on the phone for the semi vs Dunfermline years ago. My tickets hadn't arrived 2 days prior to the game and that was because someone at ticketmaster clicked on collection by accident. Full apology given etc etc. Just advising ally this could be the same situation.

Sorry if I have gone against any "tcket policies" with this

marinello59
09-04-2013, 03:14 PM
According to Hibs, my tickets for Saturday's semi-final were sent out by First Class mail on April 2nd.

It's now April 9th and they are nowhere to be seen.

So I call the ticket office up, assuming they'd be able to sort it out and explain why they're not here.

But no. They say it's not their fault, suggest that I could be lying and trying to scam an extra pair of tickets for free and that if I want to go to the game I should buy another pair of tickets and they'll refund me in the (very unlikely) event that my original pair do arrive.

Now I completely understand that it's the Royal Mail that have f***ed up here. But I cannot afford to buy another pair of tickets (let alone the ridiculous charges they put on top of them), and thought that Hibs might just be kind enough to understand my position. I guess it looks like I won't be going to Hampden.

So, thank you Hibs for stopping one of your season ticket holders from supporting the team in the Scottish Cup semi-final. You really do know how to re-pay our loyalty.

As I understand it if you choose First Class delivery rather than Special Delivery then you are taking the risk. Or did you choose Special Delivery and they just sent them First Class anyway?

AllyF
09-04-2013, 03:17 PM
As I understand it if you choose First Class delivery rather than Special Delivery then you are taking the risk. Or did you choose Special Delivery and they just sent them First Class anyway?

I chose First Class. I just expected a bit more help and sympathy from Hibs other than "What if you're trying to scam us? Buy another ticket. Give us more money."

Mikey
09-04-2013, 03:22 PM
I chose First Class. I just expected a bit more help and sympathy from Hibs other than "What if you're trying to scam us? Buy another ticket. Give us more money."

Did they actually say that?

marinello59
09-04-2013, 03:23 PM

But they have offered to refund you the difference if they turn up, that seems fair enough.
I had it happen to me once, tickets didn't turn up. I contacted the club the day before the match and they called me back an hour later to say that my tickets were wrongly awaiting collection. They were couriered up to me in Aberdeen at the clubs expense. The ticket office do go above and beyond the call of duty when required.

AllyF
09-04-2013, 03:25 PM
Did they actually say that?

Yes. The girl said something along the lines of "we cannot know whether you already have the tickets and are just trying to get more". And proceeded to offer me one option only: buy two more tickets.

Although I understand it's most likely the Royal Mail's fault, it was a very frustrating and unsympathetic response.

CropleyWasGod
09-04-2013, 03:27 PM
Yes. The girl said something along the lines of "we cannot know whether you already have the tickets and are just trying to get more". And proceeded to offer me one option only: buy two more tickets.

Although I understand it's most likely the Royal Mail's fault, it was a very frustrating and unsympathetic response.

To be fair, put yourself in the Club's shoes.

1. they CAN'T know that you're not at it.

2. what other option could they give you?

Mikey
09-04-2013, 03:27 PM

:aok:

Beefster
09-04-2013, 03:28 PM
Sorry but this advice is against the existing policy on tickets.

It states quite clearly that after they have left the ticket office they are no longer the property of the club and all liability lies with the post office to deliver.

The office staff have given the correct information out to the poster and i too understand the frustration this causes you and the cost too.

One thing i would advise is that you ask the ticket office to look in the collections folders for your tickets they may have been put in their by mistake.

The Bank Holidays may have played havoc with your delivery too though!

I'm not sure that Hibs can just wash their hands of tickets not arriving. I think they have an obligation, under distance selling regulations, to provide what has been paid for. The fact that Royal Mail have let Hibs down is neither here nor there.

AllyF
09-04-2013, 03:30 PM
But they have offered to refund you the difference if they turn up, that seems fair enough.
I had it happen to me once, tickets didn't turn up. I contacted the club the day before the match and they called me back an hour later to say that my tickets were wrongly awaiting collection. They were couriered up to me in Aberdeen at the clubs expense. The ticket office do go above and beyond the call of duty when required.

Totally understand their position and that it is not their fault. But I was angered by the suggestion that I might be trying to scam them. Maybe I am expecting too much of them - as I have heard many glowing reports of ticket office assistance like your own in the past.

Hopefully they can resolve it like they resolved yours.

Mikey
09-04-2013, 03:35 PM
I'm not sure that Hibs can just wash their hands of tickets not arriving. I think they have an obligation, under distance selling regulations, to provide what has been paid for. The fact that Royal Mail have let Hibs down is neither here nor there.

I'm sure Hibs will deal with it. The OP might have got more sympathy if the opening post had read along the lines of "My tickets haven't arrived and I haven't had a very good response from the ticket office, is there anyone else I can contact?".

Putting the boot into the club from the off was always likely to get a mixed response.

I'd be amazed if Nicola doesn't sort it, and she'll do it without being shouted at.

AllyF
09-04-2013, 03:42 PM
I'm sure Hibs will deal with it. The OP might have got more sympathy if the opening post had read along the lines of "My tickets haven't arrived and I haven't had a very good response from the ticket office, is there anyone else I can contact?".

Putting the boot into the club from the off was always likely to get a mixed response.

I'd be amazed if Nicola doesn't sort it, and she'll do it without being shouted at.

I was angered by the response (which was poor and offered no alternatives), and felt this was the right forum to vent my anger (seems to be done a lot here).

At the end of the day all I want to do is watch Hibs get pumped by Falkirk and I've paid £20 to do so. They should really be paying us.

marinello59
09-04-2013, 03:57 PM
At the end of the day all I want to do is watch Hibs get pumped by Falkirk and I've paid £20 to do so. They should really be paying us.

:greengrin

hibee_nation
09-04-2013, 04:01 PM
I was angered by the response (which was poor and offered no alternatives), and felt this was the right forum to vent my anger (seems to be done a lot here).

Next time don't gamble with tickets lost in the post, pay up front for guaranteed delivery which the club always provides. Oh i and dry yer eyes.