PDA

View Full Version : 125 SPL Players Out of Contract

09-04-2013, 12:18 PM
Surely Hibs should be looking to pick up some of these boys?

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/220545-the-129-spl-players-who-will-be-out-of-contract-at-the-end-of-the-season/

weonlywon6-2
09-04-2013, 12:24 PM

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/220545-the-129-spl-players-who-will-be-out-of-contract-at-the-end-of-the-season/

Job centre will be busy.
Motherwell could toil by the looks of it

SMAXXA
09-04-2013, 12:30 PM
I think this is a further sign of the times that clubs will be going with smaller squads next season as the budgets continue to tighten. Defo some players there that would improve us and id like to see at ER. Suspect we wont see many if any.

JMac
09-04-2013, 12:32 PM
Looking at that just depresses me in that so many of those affordable players would vastly improve our team yet we'll sign none or very few **** ones

down-the-slope
09-04-2013, 12:46 PM
I think this is a further sign of the times that clubs will be going with smaller squads next season as the budgets continue to tighten. Defo some players there that would improve us and id like to see at ER. Suspect we wont see many if any.

:agree: thats why there was part of new league set up which was looking to have minimum No. of u21's on bench etc...but clubs who don't actually try and bring through youth (St J for example) not happy

IWasThere2016
09-04-2013, 12:47 PM
Hibernian

Out of contract: Kevin Thomson, David Wotherspoon, Alan Maybury, Pa Kujabi, Shefki Kuqi, Gary Deegan, Sean Murdoch, Jordon Forster
End of loan: Leigh Griffiths (Wolverhampton), Jorge Claros (Motagua), Ryan McGivern (Manchester City), Matt Done (Barnsley)

I'd want to keep KT and the first 3 loanees. There are rich pickings to be had from 'Well and St. Johnstone IMHO, and Willo Flood.

Stevie Reid
09-04-2013, 12:53 PM
Hibernian

Out of contract: Kevin Thomson, David Wotherspoon, Alan Maybury, Pa Kujabi, Shefki Kuqi, Gary Deegan, Sean Murdoch, Jordon Forster
End of loan: Leigh Griffiths (Wolverhampton), Jorge Claros (Motagua), Ryan McGivern (Manchester City), Matt Done (Barnsley)

I'd want to keep KT and the first 3 loanees. There are rich pickings to be had from 'Well and St. Johnstone IMHO, and Willo Flood.

Stuart McCall said that we blew Motherwell out of the water with our offer to Clancy, we obviously offered better than Saints for Liam Craig - hopefully we can do some business.

number9dream
09-04-2013, 12:54 PM
A handful of those players will take a step up in terms of wages with teams down south.
Murray Davidson, Andrew Shinnie, Nicky Law, Michael Higdon, Paul McGowan, while McFadden & McCourt might get a final pay day in England.
McGivern and Griffiths could well be added to that list.

Rangers look to be snapping up Daly and will be after a few others too.

A few decent left-backs available if McGivern moves on. Evangelous Ikonomou, Barry Douglas, Brian Easton, Danny Wilson and Danny Grainger are all considerably better than Lewis Stevenson in that position.

Aaron Doran would definitley enhance our squad, while Vigurs, Humphrey and Dayton are other guys who would be worth considering.

09-04-2013, 12:56 PM
Hibernian

I agree, plus maybe Deegan aswell.

blackpoolhibs
09-04-2013, 01:35 PM

I'd rather we signed Keegan.

Since90+2
09-04-2013, 01:43 PM
The boy at Inverness Tudor-Jones is a player.

Pretty Boy
09-04-2013, 02:05 PM
I'd rather we signed Keegan.

Or just played with 10 men.

jacomo
09-04-2013, 02:38 PM
Stuart McCall said that we blew Motherwell out of the water with our offer to Clancy, we obviously offered better than Saints for Liam Craig - hopefully we can do some business.

Makes you wonder why we did this, as we then couldn't afford to strengthen sufficiently in January.

Is there just an expectation that Hibs, as a "bigger" club, will pay more than Well, Killie, Saints etc? Somehow we seem to be getting poor value for money.

I am not having a go at Clancy here, but clearly something's badly wrong when we can't even finish in the top 6.

PatHead
09-04-2013, 02:43 PM
Makes you wonder why we did this, as we then couldn't afford to strengthen sufficiently in January.

Is there just an expectation that Hibs, as a "bigger" club, will pay more than Well, Killie, Saints etc? Somehow we seem to be getting poor value for money.

I am not having a go at Clancy here, but clearly something's badly wrong when we can't even finish in the top 6. Could it be that Motherwell didn't offer much due to his previous injury problems?

Up The Bracket
09-04-2013, 09:38 PM
The most important thing is getting Thomson signed and doing everything in our power to keep the loanees (with the exclusion of Matthew Don't obviously), then we should be looking to strengthen the squad.

Jonnyboy
09-04-2013, 09:45 PM

Nope, move him out and bring in Magennis from Aberdeen, a player who can move forward with the ball, pass it forward and shuttle it on without getting caught in possession :wink:

DH1875
09-04-2013, 09:56 PM
Is Gary Harkins not out of contract in the summer? Can't see him on the list.

Need to get on the ball and get Rod down to Motherwell ASAP. Would take just about all of them at ER :agree:.

vanNISHtelroy
09-04-2013, 09:59 PM
Is Gary Harkins not out of contract in the summer? Can't see him on the list.

Need to get on the ball and get Rod down to Motherwell ASAP. Would take just about all of them at ER :agree:.

Yeah apparently Harkins wouldn't go out on loan cos he wanted his long term future sorted out...and then signed a 6 month deal with Dundee!

Hibs90
10-04-2013, 10:11 AM
Alot of good players there who would improve our team. :agree:

R'Albin
10-04-2013, 10:20 AM
Yeah apparently Harkins wouldn't go out on loan cos he wanted his long term future sorted out...and then signed a 6 month deal with Dundee!

I take it Sissoko is gonna be moving onto bigger things? Cause he's a really good player IMO.

Other than him, Jon Daly please.

Aldo
10-04-2013, 10:24 AM
I take it Sissoko is gonna be moving onto bigger things? Cause he's a really good player IMO.

Sorry but would rather have Higdon than Daly (who will move to The Huns)

hibbysam
10-04-2013, 10:32 AM

"Sissoko" and "Really good player" In the same quote is a huge no!

A centre half that cannot defend a straight forward long ball up the middle of the pitch...?

Did you watch our cup tie at RP? Makes Colin Murdoch look like John Terry.

Andy74
10-04-2013, 10:48 AM

I am not having a go at Clancy here, but clearly something's badly wrong when we can't even finish in the top 6.

So it's because we pay too much now? That's novel at least!

Hibstrooper
10-04-2013, 11:18 AM
Rowan Vine and James Dayton are two realistic targets that would strengthen our current team

Purehibee_MYB
10-04-2013, 11:54 AM
Would love Shinnie and Doran at Hibs and plenty of those 'Well players.

I suspect many of those players will be off to England however, we might get a couple of those players going out of contract in at Hibs, but like many have said, a lot of teams looking to trim their squads.

I wouldn't be shocked if we get linked with Paddy McCourt once again too.

vanNISHtelroy
10-04-2013, 12:13 PM

His third spell with us (two loan and this season), don't know if he will want to stay or if he wants to move on.

"Sissoko" and "Really good player" In the same quote is a huge no!

A centre half that cannot defend a straight forward long ball up the middle of the pitch...?

Did you watch our cup tie at RP? Makes Colin Murdoch look like John Terry.

Hes capable of amazing moments of defending and being bombscare in equal measures....probably at the right level!

Ross4356
10-04-2013, 12:14 PM
Can we sign these playes on pre-contracts now?

Speedway
10-04-2013, 12:19 PM
Maybe we could swoop to pull off a coup and get Mark Kerr at the second attempt.

We also get Jimmy Scott back as well, sorted!

Aldo
10-04-2013, 12:20 PM
Can we sign these playes on pre-contracts now?

Yip

Aldo
10-04-2013, 12:21 PM
Maybe we could swoop to pull off a coup and get Mark Kerr at the second attempt.

What about Brian Kerr... Is he up for grabs??

KeithTheHibby
10-04-2013, 12:32 PM

****in hope not.

DH1875
10-04-2013, 12:34 PM

Why? and erm.....why!

KeithTheHibby
10-04-2013, 12:35 PM

We must pull in anything from 3-4 fold increase in gate money on these clubs so why shouldn't we expect to buy their players?

Poor value indeed which I think points the finger at the management and scouting network.

Pretty Boy
10-04-2013, 02:14 PM
Who is the black guy at Killie, Dutch I think?

Gave away the penalty in the SC game buy looked a player. Is he available?

MB62
10-04-2013, 02:22 PM
Nope, move him out and bring in Magennis from Aberdeen, a player who can move forward with the ball, pass it forward and shuttle it on without getting caught in possession :wink:

Is that the same guy that hit the screamer in the cup tie at ER? Oh wait a minute, it couldnae have been because they're oot. :wink: :greengrin :duck:

Sorry J.C. I just couldn't resist that one :greengrin

Killiehibbie
10-04-2013, 02:34 PM

Gave away the penalty in the SC game buy looked a player. Is he available?William Gros, he's French.

SteveHFC
10-04-2013, 02:37 PM
Esmael Goncalves
Mihael Kovacevic
Iain Vigurs
Chris Humphrey
Jon Daly
Mohamadou Sissoko

Please :agree:

Jonnyboy
10-04-2013, 03:30 PM
Is that the same guy that hit the screamer in the cup tie at ER? Oh wait a minute, it couldnae have been because they're oot. :wink: :greengrin :duck:

Sorry J.C. I just couldn't resist that one :greengrin

:greengrin

vanNISHtelroy
10-04-2013, 03:44 PM

Gave away the penalty in the SC game buy looked a player. Is he available?

Looks a good prospect...wasn't too great when played as a striker and think we had games where we didn't have a striker on the bench even when he was fit!

Came in to the side as a winger second half of this season and looked really dangerous, has been left on the bench (wrongly in my opinion) for the last two games as we switched to a diamond in midfield to play both Boyd and Heffernan up front

shetlandhibee
10-04-2013, 04:56 PM
Aaron doran
nicky law
claros
Griffiths
mcgivern
liam Craig
gary deegan

MrRobot
10-04-2013, 05:32 PM
Barry Douglas and Michael Higdon oils be great additions IMO

Would love it if we could keep McGivern(out of contract at city is he not?), Sparky, Claros and Thommo.

Big Sexy Dave
11-04-2013, 09:51 AM

He's *****, did you see the quarter final when Super Leigh ran rings around him? I'd take Dayton, Law, Humphrey, Higdon and Wright.

HibSem
11-04-2013, 11:18 AM
I would love if Hibs signed

Higdon
Humphrey
McGowan

Speedway
11-04-2013, 12:30 PM
I think I read that of the 10 SPL top scorers this season, 8 are out of contract in the summer.

jacomo
11-04-2013, 12:39 PM
So it's because we pay too much now? That's novel at least!

:confused:

What are you talking about?

I am asking whether or not Hibs is getting value for money, given we seem to have better resources than most in the SPL yet will be finishing bottom six yet again. It's a question worth asking, is it not?

lord bunberry
11-04-2013, 01:04 PM
:confused:

What are you talking about?

I am asking whether or not Hibs is getting value for money, given we seem to have better resources than most in the SPL yet will be finishing bottom six yet again. It's a question worth asking, is it not?

I suspect that we are paying more for players because we're a bigger club than the likes of st johnstone and ict. Agents will know what clubs are willing to pay and negotiate around that.

just_joe
11-04-2013, 01:05 PM
Barry Douglas , Jon Daly , Micheal Higdon , Paul McGowan and Novikovas. I would take any of them at Hibs.

JimBHibees
11-04-2013, 01:08 PM
Barry Douglas , Jon Daly , Micheal Higdon , Paul McGowan and Novikovas. I would take any of them at Hibs.

Really :confused:

Cabbage_Patch
11-04-2013, 01:14 PM

Would certainly take any of the following:

Paddy McCourt
Jon Daly
Andrew Shinnie
McFadden
Micheal Higdon
Nicky Law
Stuart Kettlewell
Murray Davidson

jdships
11-04-2013, 01:44 PM
Heard from 'Tesco' in Dundee that Flood is target for Hibs :greengrin

Cabbage_Patch
11-04-2013, 02:57 PM

I heard this aswell. Don't rate him tbh. Would Prefer Daly if we are raiding tannadice

allmodcons
11-04-2013, 03:14 PM
Hibernian

I agree in the most part with you regarding current Hibs players but IMO we should also look to retain Wotherspoon.
My wish list would include Michael Higdon and James Dayton.

Billy Whizz
11-04-2013, 03:15 PM

We were linked with him in January. I think he would be a good signing

just_joe
11-04-2013, 05:34 PM
Really :confused:

yes really.....

Heisenberg
11-04-2013, 05:50 PM
Flood has been getting high praise from united fans for his performances this season, he'd be a decent signing depending on the wage demands.

California-Hibs
11-04-2013, 08:16 PM
Flood would greatly improve our midfield! I'd be very happy if we signed him! Good player. :agree:

Stuarty27
11-04-2013, 08:30 PM
Ian Vigurs would be a quality signing on a free.

Something different to what we have got at the minute bit creativity in the final third.

FromTheCapital
11-04-2013, 08:34 PM
Nicky Law or Owen Tudur-Jones, Andrew Shinnie and Barry Douglas stick out for me!

Torto7062
11-04-2013, 08:57 PM

Martin Scott forgot about him haha

BEEJ
11-04-2013, 09:06 PM
Martin Scott forgot about him haha
Currently scheduled to return to ER this June for the last year of his contract, once his current season-long loan with Ross County comes to an end.

:eek:

SteveHFC
11-04-2013, 09:10 PM
Currently scheduled to return to ER this June for the last year of his contract, once his current season-long loan with Ross County comes to an end.

:eek:

This makes me sad

allezsauzee
11-04-2013, 10:02 PM
We should bring in Captain Birdseye from Killie. A bit of pace and craft on the wings is what we need

The Sea-gull
12-04-2013, 10:48 AM
Ian Vigurs would be a quality signing on a free.

Something different to what we have got at the minute bit creativity in the final third.

I was thinking of this guy too. Don't know much about him but seems to be highly rated by pundits.

St Johnstone have been linked to him recently but the way some pundits have talked him up I would have thought he'd be a Championship target. If St Johnstone are lining him up then surely we could offer him something.

Think he is a winger who creates/scores a few goals. Just what we need.

Glad we tied Liam Craig up as he would have been a certainty for McInnes at Aberdeen. Hopefully his pre-contract is water tight! Can't see Aberdeen wasting time and money trying to get him up there though.

Eyrie
14-04-2013, 01:01 PM
I see Tom Hateley is out of contract at Motherwell. Given Clancy's poor performance yesterday and injury issues, does anyone else think we should be in for him (despite his questionable parentage)?