PDA

View Full Version : What are the boards objectives?

Mister P
09-04-2013, 11:21 AM
Hopefully a shareholder on here can comment on this.

At any recent agm, has the board clearly defined what it sees as its objectives?
If these can be clarified then perhaps some kind of assessment can be made as to whether they are fit for purpose. Don't get me wrong, I'm not calling for them to resign, I think they've taken great care of our once precarious financial position, just wondered if there was a set of goals that could act as a barometer to judge our recent achievements (or lack of) against.

?

Captain Trips
09-04-2013, 11:24 AM
I think they look to go as far as possible in cups and finish in a Euro spot each season as a target.

MB62
09-04-2013, 11:43 AM
quite simply, to make the books balance. Anything else, if there is anything else, is a bonus.

SMAXXA
09-04-2013, 12:17 PM
I think they look to go as far as possible in cups and finish in a Euro spot each season as a target.

Isn't that more a managers target given by the board?

BEEJ
09-04-2013, 03:11 PM
At any recent agm, has the board clearly defined what it sees as its objectives?
If these can be clarified then perhaps some kind of assessment can be made as to whether they are fit for purpose. Don't get me wrong, I'm not calling for them to resign, I think they've taken great care of our once precarious financial position, just wondered if there was a set of goals that could act as a barometer to judge our recent achievements (or lack of) against.

In terms of their vision for the club (from which their annual targets / objectives will be derived), I doubt that the Board have departed much from their vision statement from January 2008. The opening summary read as follows:

Hibs FC Board Statement (29/01/08)
The following is a statement from the Board of Hibernian Football Club.

The Board’s vision for Hibernian can be defined in three words – successful, exciting and sustainable.

Successful - because the Board is determined to see Hibernian compete each year at the upper echelon of Scottish football, achieve European football on a regular basis, and remain secure for future generations with a first-class infrastructure.

Exciting - because we want to play an entertaining brand of football and thereby provide a return for every supporter who invests in a ticket for the match or a season ticket.

Sustainable - because we must always remember that the long-term stability of the club is paramount. The Board would be negligent if it tried to pursue short-term success at the expense of long-term stability. Our job is to develop the Club in a way that ensures it will be here for generations to come.

So that’s our vision – successful, exciting and sustainable football. To deliver that vision, the Board has to balance many factors. A number of key aims are contained within the Board’s strategy, these include:

* developing a first-class training centre to support the development of our talented footballers
* completing Easter Road as a top quality, modern stadium that provides the Club’s supporters with the best possible facilities
* and, of course, providing the Manager with the support he needs to build and develop his squad. This is done in an incremental and sustainable way, adding to costs when increased levels of revenue are achieved or foreseen

So this season you could say that they've failed on 'exciting', succeeded on 'sustainable' and the jury's still out on 'successful' as we're still in the cup. :cb