PDA

View Full Version : First team training.

Mister P
09-04-2013, 11:12 AM
Was speaking to someone who reckoned the training the players do is not demanding enough of them. In all honesty some of the poor performances could be put down to the squad just not having the legs. Has anyone heard/ thought similar?

Woody70x2
09-04-2013, 11:35 AM
Was speaking to someone who reckoned the training the players do is not demanding enough of them. In all honesty some of the poor performances could be put down to the squad just not having the legs. Has anyone heard/ thought similar?

Fenlon OUT Di Canio IN

Vault Boy
09-04-2013, 11:40 AM
From the articles and interviews I've read the training is supposedly high intensity, in short bursts. Tom Taiwo said when he joined that it's a good method, because longer sessions of a lower intensity sap the legs. That was another thing that was said about Fenlon when he joined wasn't it? Hard worked training schemes.

Ken
09-04-2013, 11:43 AM

Yeah I heard the same

Yours sincerely

John Collins

NorthNorfolkHFC
09-04-2013, 12:16 PM
Wouldn't surprise me, been outpaced by just about every side this year.

I wonder how many of the current side could run 100m in less than 12 seconds (Harris can).

Stevie Reid
09-04-2013, 12:36 PM
Ever since Collins we've heard mutterings (usually via "I've heard that" snippets, unlike in the Collins case) that the training is somehow defective and that the players don't like it - complaints ranging from routines being repetitive and boring, to them not being in/worked hard enough.

Not sure I've believed any of it, though performances on the park haven't been great over that time. Find it hard to believe that every manager is negligent with regards to training though.

JimBHibees
09-04-2013, 12:37 PM
Ever since Collins we've heard mutterings (usually via "I've heard that" snippets, unlike in the Collins case) that the training is somehow defective and that the players don't like it - complaints ranging from routines being repetitive and boring, to them not being in/worked hard enough.

:agree: Usually coincides with a poor run of results.

Stevie Reid
09-04-2013, 12:39 PM

Very true.

And I'm sure other team's message boards contain the same rumours at such times.

Mikey
09-04-2013, 12:41 PM
Is it just me or do they not practice throw ins?

Danderhall Hibs
09-04-2013, 12:46 PM

Would be surprised if they have the time. They start at 10ish and are home for Loose Women (on the telly, this is not a slur against the wifes).

scoopyboy
09-04-2013, 12:48 PM

I wonder how many of the current side could run 100m in less than 12 seconds (Harris can).

Why would any football player need to run 100 metres in less than 12 seconds?

easty
09-04-2013, 12:51 PM

Chasing a through ball against a defender who can run the 100 metres in 12.1 seconds? :dunno:

Danderhall Hibs
09-04-2013, 12:54 PM
Chasing a through ball against a defender who can run the 100 metres in 12.1 seconds? :dunno:

That race wouldn't be over 100 metres though - it'd be over 20,30 or even 40 metres. You could run 20 metres over 2 seconds but only be able to do 100m over 14 seconds.

easty
09-04-2013, 12:54 PM

They shouldnt have to. There's nothing difficult about what needs to be done, technically, it's just for some reason we dont have players willing to move into a little bit of space and ask for it to feet.

easty
09-04-2013, 12:56 PM
That race wouldn't be over 100 metres though - it'd be over 20,30 or even 40 metres. You could run 20 metres over 2 seconds but only be able to do 100m over 14 seconds.

I was being facetious...:rolleyes:

and naw....I couldnae :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
09-04-2013, 12:59 PM
I was being facetious...:rolleyes:

Keep your toilet habits to yourself mate.

Brightside
09-04-2013, 01:19 PM
Other team are certainly fitter. Unless we have players that would be good over a mile but cannae run 10yds without getting out of puff. Maybe we just have really slow players now. I was at the womans game on Sunday v Wales. Kim Little has a better work rate than any current Hibs player. Get her signed Fenlon!

blackpoolhibs
09-04-2013, 01:32 PM
We were just as fit/unfit when we were sitting top of the league. :confused:

HiBremian
09-04-2013, 01:42 PM
Anyone know what happened to Friday afternoon cream cakes?

silverhibee
09-04-2013, 01:44 PM

:agree:

We are not a unfit team, the way we play football makes us look like we are not the fittest.

Heedersnvolleys
09-04-2013, 01:53 PM
When was that again? Right after pre-season when I would hazard a guess they were probably at there fittest.
I don't know there training methods but it it could well answer the questions why we generally start off ok and tail off as the season goes on, new players tend to start of ok and trail off and when move on pick back up again. I don't know but it could be part of it.

J-C
09-04-2013, 01:57 PM

same principle though, pace over shortish length, 40-70 yds, most sports teams do it.

jdships
09-04-2013, 01:59 PM

:thumbsup::agree:

Brooster
09-04-2013, 02:00 PM
Would be surprised if they have the time. They start at 10ish and are home for Loose Women (on the telly, this is not a slur against the wifes).

I don't know what time loose women starts but I seen Thomson sitting 2 cars behind mcpake at traffic lights in tranent today. A short day in anybody's book.

J-C
09-04-2013, 02:02 PM

We are not a unfit team, the way we play football makes us look like we are not the fittest.

:agree: not a great deal of pace in the team apart from Sparky, Harris.

jdships
09-04-2013, 02:02 PM

Your source is ? - Greggs ?
Spoken with many of the players lately - they will tell you the FACTS :greengrin

Pretty Boy
09-04-2013, 02:03 PM

Nail on the head.

The current tempo has nothing to do with fitness levels amd everytjing to do with the pedestrian system we are insisting on playing.

blackpoolhibs
09-04-2013, 02:10 PM
When was that again? Right after pre-season when I would hazard a guess they were probably at there fittest.
I don't know there training methods but it it could well answer the questions why we generally start off ok and tail off as the season goes on, new players tend to start of ok and trail off and when move on pick back up again. I don't know but it could be part of it.

You obviously have never played football, it takes games to get fully fit, and the team would not be at its fittest right after pre season.

We have had how many managers in the last 10 years, all would have similar ways to each and every other club in the SPL in terms of training schedules.

Treadstone
09-04-2013, 02:28 PM
Lazy players don't have the core fitness required to compete at a higher level. Some players come back after an absence and look as though they are up to speed right away and some don't. Wayne Rooney is a prime example, anytime he misses games for whatever reason it takes him a few to get back up to his previous level. His talent has masked his fitness issues but the streaks of indifferent form are now more regular and noticeable. At only 27 it is a disgrace and I can't see much of a future for him after 30 holding down a first team place at a top club.

Heedersnvolleys
09-04-2013, 02:35 PM
You obviously have never played football, it takes games to get fully fit, and the team would not be at its fittest right after pre season.

We have had how many managers in the last 10 years, all would have similar ways to each and every other club in the SPL in terms of training schedules.

We were not top of the league straight after pre-season though were we? As you say it was it was several weeks after when as you say we would have been at our fittest! I agree with you though, there is being fit and there is being match fit.

I have asked this before does anybody know if we have a dedicated fitness coach/trainer?

JimBHibees
09-04-2013, 02:51 PM
[/B]

Spoken with many of the players lately - they will tell you the FACTS :greengrin

Which are? :greengrin

Haymaker
09-04-2013, 03:01 PM
We were not top of the league straight after pre-season though were we? As you say it was it was several weeks after when as you say we would have been at our fittest! I agree with you though, there is being fit and there is being match fit.

I have asked this before does anybody know if we have a dedicated fitness coach/trainer?

I dont believe we do which is something the club should look at IMO.

Aubenas
09-04-2013, 03:12 PM
Details of Frank Nuttall, Hibs' Performance and fitness coach are here.

Probably not good enough for some though!
http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/frank-nuttall/23/813/b87

Haymaker
09-04-2013, 03:15 PM
Details of Frank Nuttall, Hibs' Performance and fitness coach are here.

Probably not good enough for some though!
http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/frank-nuttall/23/813/b87

I stand corrected.

Aubenas
09-04-2013, 03:21 PM
I stand corrected.

Not having a go - I only knew he existed cos I saw him on the pre season tour and did some digging :agree:

Haymaker
09-04-2013, 03:24 PM
Not having a go - I only knew he existed cos I saw him on the pre season tour and did some digging :agree:

I dont remember seeing him on any lists of staff but glad we have someone!

Heedersnvolleys
09-04-2013, 03:26 PM
Is he mentioned on the fishy site? I looked in the past and not found anything!

blackpoolhibs
09-04-2013, 03:29 PM
This always comes up when we are losing games, but disappears when we win? How many managers can we employ who cant be arsed training us?

Or is it we don't do much different from anyone else, and it has to be something else?

Unless of course someone knows something different?

J-C
09-04-2013, 04:13 PM
Is he mentioned on the fishy site? I looked in the past and not found anything!

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/CoachingStaff/0,,10290,00.html

jonty
09-04-2013, 04:21 PM
Other team are certainly fitter. Unless we have players that would be good over a mile but cannae run 10yds without getting out of puff. Maybe we just have really slow players now. I was at the womans game on Sunday v Wales. Kim Little has a better work rate than any current Hibs player. Get her signed Fenlon!

isn't little Kim working on a new album? :)

ballengeich
09-04-2013, 04:41 PM
The Sunday Post has published a table showing how things would look if games finished at half time. We're 5th. To me this suggests deficiencies in stamina training.

ahibby
09-04-2013, 04:55 PM

Pity his dribbling suffers as a consequence.

ancient hibee
09-04-2013, 05:14 PM
The real need is for speed between the ears.Although cross sports events have shown that footballers are generally the least fit of most sportsmen it's a fact that if you know how to play it doesn't matter so much about speed because you'll normally be in the right place at the right time.John Blackley was a prime example.

jdships
09-04-2013, 06:16 PM
Which are? :greengrin

That the majority of 1st Team squad train as instructed by the coaches .
If you have problems blame the coaches not the players :wink:

Danderhall Hibs
09-04-2013, 06:46 PM
[/B]

Ivan was the last one I spoke to. He managed to do both legs of the school run everyday.

Maybe Lewis stays back after training?

sahib
09-04-2013, 07:23 PM
Ivan was the last one I spoke to. He managed to do both legs of the school run everyday.

Maybe Lewis stays back after training?

That seems long enough. How hard do you want to work them? Were the POWs who built the Burma railway fitter than Ivan? Because they were worked harder.

Derek Dougan
09-04-2013, 07:41 PM

We are ranked 3rd worst in Europe, just in front of Armless Anderlecht and One Handed Hadjuk. Fact.

Danderhall Hibs
09-04-2013, 07:42 PM
That seems long enough. How hard do you want to work them? Were the POWs who built the Burma railway fitter than Ivan? Because they were worked harder.

Aye it's working a treat what they do now. No room for improvement.

NorthNorfolkHFC
09-04-2013, 08:36 PM

Its an accurate measure of speed over a universally recognised distance.

The All Blacks only recruit back division players that cover that distance in 11.5 seconds, rugby in that sense is the same where you only need explosive speed over 30 metres.

However, I'll re-phrase: I wonder how many of our players can run 60m in 7.5 seconds, 30m in 4 seconds?

NorthNorfolkHFC
09-04-2013, 08:37 PM
Pity his dribbling suffers as a consequence.

Does it? Didn't think it did suffer, he looked pretty handy last Saturday.

J-C
09-04-2013, 08:38 PM
I personally don't think it's the physical side of training that's the problem, I feel the skill side is the part that's letting us down, passing, movement etc all that looks slow and laboured.

Greenblood70
09-04-2013, 09:09 PM

We also as well as being slow and predictable when we have the ball don't seem to retain it very well, giving the opposition easy possession. Its much more tiring chasing a game than it is controlling it (and possession) and we just don't do that.

hibbysam
09-04-2013, 09:29 PM
Do people really expect footballers to be in the training centre 9-5 five days and then play 90 minutes on a Saturday and still be able to run around?

Heedersnvolleys
09-04-2013, 09:30 PM
We also as well as being slow and predictable when we have the ball don't seem to retain it very well, giving the opposition easy possession. Its much more tiring chasing a game than it is controlling it (and possession) and we just don't do that.

Agree with this as well, I think if we are lucky we do not manage to string more than 3 passes together before punting it in Leigh's direction then we go chasing after it again! I still feel it is an area we could still improve on.

scoopyboy
09-04-2013, 09:51 PM
Its an accurate measure of speed over a universally recognised distance.
The All Blacks only recruit back division players that cover that distance in 11.5 seconds, rugby in that sense is the same where you only need explosive speed over 30 metres.

However, I'll re-phrase: I wonder how many of our players can run 60m in 7.5 seconds, 30m in 4 seconds?

Not in football though, it doesn't mean a thing.

I recall an ex junior player who we all thought was a bit of a slouch.

One night he was telling us he was the fastest player in the team over 100m, which by the way he was.

An old boy who was a senior in his playing days countered by saying "aye son very good but when was the last time you ran 100 yards at full speed to get to a ball". He continued to say the biggest asset was a combination of speed of thought and explosive speed over the first five or ten yards.

He was right, the guy would win the 100m but only came through after the first half of the race and after 10m he was often last.

You can also be too fast, George McNeill was the fastest man in the world but it didn't make him a sensational player with Hibs. Historical footnote, George was the fastest 100m runner in the world and would probably have defeated Borzof in the 1972 Munich Olympics but couldn't run in the amateur athletics cos he played professional football with Hibs.

To answer your re-phrased question, no Hibs players will get near the times you mention but then again I'm not sure many sprint athletes can either.

Danderhall Hibs
09-04-2013, 10:07 PM
To answer your re-phrased question, no Hibs players will get near the times you mention but then again I'm not sure many sprint athletes can either.

They should able to - those times are definitely realistic for a professional sportsman.

Danderhall Hibs
09-04-2013, 10:08 PM
Do people really expect footballers to be in the training centre 9-5 five days and then play 90 minutes on a Saturday and still be able to run around?

I don't know but I've definitely not seen anyone say that on here.

scoopyboy
09-04-2013, 10:15 PM
They should able to - those times are definitely realistic for a professional sportsman.

Thirty metres in four seconds from a standing start, I doubt that very much.

Danderhall Hibs
09-04-2013, 10:22 PM
Thirty metres in four seconds from a standing start, I doubt that very much.

Really? I find that hard to believe and if true disappointing.

scoopyboy
09-04-2013, 10:28 PM
Really? I find that hard to believe and if true disappointing.

Usain Bolt's current world record is 9.58 seconds, he covered the first 30m in 3.78 seconds.

Danderhall Hibs
09-04-2013, 10:31 PM
Usain Bolt's current world record is 9.58 seconds, he covered the first 30m in 3.78 seconds.

Ok then 30m in less than 4.5 seconds should be realistic.

But you can see throughout our team there is no pace.

scoopyboy
09-04-2013, 10:39 PM

I wasn't sure myself after your last post so I went and checked his split times.

I agree 100% however there is next to no pace in our team.

Two players that I think are very good are Gary Harkins(Dundee) and Chris Erskine (Partick Th) but would be no good to us as they are slow. We could get away with one or tother if we had plenty of pace in other positions but sadly we don't.

Just as a btw a player told me Alex Harris is really pacy but you don't really notice it as he glides over the pitch.

Kaiser1962
10-04-2013, 07:12 AM

I've been wondering that for over thirty years Mikey.

NorthNorfolkHFC
10-04-2013, 07:18 AM
I wasn't sure myself after your last post so I went and checked his split times.

I agree 100% however there is next to no pace in our team.

Two players that I think are very good are Gary Harkins(Dundee) and Chris Erskine (Partick Th) but would be no good to us as they are slow. We could get away with one or tother if we had plenty of pace in other positions but sadly we don't.

Just as a btw a player told me Alex Harris is really pacy but you don't really notice it as he glides over the pitch.

I think thats the point though, Alex Harris is rapid so it appears as if he covers the ground particularly quickly. In comparison, guys like Deegan, Taiwo & Wotherspoon seem to look like they are wearing 'lead boots' to coin a phrase from the George McNeil era.

The standard time for Scotland over 60m is 6.85 sec but that is our grade 1 athletes, grade 3 qualification is 7.05 sec. I'd expect our team to have a few capable of the 7.3/4 time given Scotalnd isn't renowned for sprinters.

scoopyboy
10-04-2013, 08:28 AM
I think thats the point though, Alex Harris is rapid so it appears as if he covers the ground particularly quickly. In comparison, guys like Deegan, Taiwo & Wotherspoon seem to look like they are wearing 'lead boots' to coin a phrase from the George McNeil era.

The standard time for Scotland over 60m is 6.85 sec but that is our grade 1 athletes, grade 3 qualification is 7.05 sec. I'd expect our team to have a few capable of the 7.3/4 time given Scotalnd isn't renowned for sprinters.

Nothing much more to add to the conversation except to say that I've enjoyed the debate between you, me and Danderhall Hibs. It's a refreshing change to have an exchange of views without insults and other crap being bandied about.

NorthNorfolkHFC
10-04-2013, 08:49 AM
I could lower the tone by giving you a GIRUY if you felt it would be more appropriate for this forum. Otherwise this thread will sink like a lead balloon.

J-C
10-04-2013, 08:54 AM
I've been wondering that for over thirty years Mikey.

Did you see Raphael's throw ins for Man U on Monday, for a top team they were atrocious.

J-C
10-04-2013, 08:56 AM

http://www.topendsports.com/testing/tests/sprint.htm

Quite interesting here.

NorthNorfolkHFC
10-04-2013, 09:06 AM
http://www.topendsports.com/testing/tests/sprint.htm

Quite interesting here.

Aye, thats about right.

I train with semi-professional athletes and the indoor season is just concluding. Top Scottish runners over 60m are coming in around 6.90 seconds. The challenge being for most being to get below 7 seconds.

I was quick for my sport and i can do 60m in 7.30/40. There should be Hibs players being able to do this distance at my speed, otherwise we are in a bit bother.

I would like to see Harkins and Erskine for example but like scoopyboy said, these boys are slow. This is what worries me as we do not have balance in our side. If you look at Inverness they have two big guys surrounded by Doran, Foran, Shinnie and Mckay; all who have genuine pace. This issue has to be addressed or we will continue to be beaten to every ball.

Heedersnvolleys
10-04-2013, 09:08 AM
Again we could be talking about 2 different things about fitness here. It is alright doing your 30/40 or 50 meters in certain times what ever they are. But the real test of fitness is how often you can keep that standard up! No good just been able to do one you need to be able to keep repeating that standard. I think the new name for it is "speed endurance". The old "bleep" test if anyone has done that :aok:

matty_f
10-04-2013, 09:35 AM
I think Claros stands out as a counter argument to suggestions the squad are unfit. He never stops running during a game.

Steve-O
10-04-2013, 10:10 AM
Claros probably eats better and doesn't go out on the ran-dan every weekend either though.

NorthNorfolkHFC
10-04-2013, 11:34 AM
Claros is as fit as anyone, unfortunately he's just not quick.

Regardless there are things that can enhance skill like flexibility, plyometrics etc. It may add an extra yard of pace.

Unfortunately Claros will never be quick.

NorthNorfolkHFC
10-04-2013, 11:40 AM
Again we could be talking about 2 different things about fitness here. It is alright doing your 30/40 or 50 meters in certain times what ever they are. But the real test of fitness is how often you can keep that standard up! No good just been able to do one you need to be able to keep repeating that standard. I think the new name for it is "speed endurance". The old "bleep" test if anyone has done that :aok:

I am pretty sure they would test for speed but train for endurance. So they may do 8 runs with a short recovery to gain the endurance. However, they certainly should be testing for speed at regular intervals throughout the season.

I know with the athletics training i do i'm fit for 1 or 2 runs but i tried to play fives last week and was blowing out my hoop after a couple of runs.

Treadstone
10-04-2013, 11:44 AM
Claros is as fit as anyone, unfortunately he's just not quick.

Regardless there are things that can enhance skill like flexibility, plyometrics etc. It may add an extra yard of pace.

Unfortunately Claros will never be quick.

Obviously we would like players that are quick but talent should be their number one asset.

Speedway
10-04-2013, 11:50 AM
Right, let's get them all done.

The training isn't good enough, that's why we're losing
The players don't like it
The players are being worked too hard
The players are too lazy
There's unrest in the camp
Fenlon's lost the dressing room
Our first choce targets never sign for us
RP pockets all the cash/STF doesn't put cash in/Rod's paid too much
The board are to blame
The fans always SUABC but never STFU
The players lack confidence
We have no plan B for Tam McCourt
Sold the family silver
Should never have built the east
Should never have levelled the slope
Fife Hyland
It's a disgrace
Hibs always lose against the bigger/smaller/similar sized/teams with a tenth of the resources
The players don't care
Tactically inept
If they've scored a goal or play in a league higher than the Beazer Homes Division, they'll get more elsewhere than Hibs will offer
They've signed for us they must be crap
Why has every SPL team signed better players
Why was player x good at club y but crap at HIbs
Jimmy Saville
Too quiet in the east
Price of a nip
Garry O'Connor's drug habit
Derek Riordan wasted career
Not Hibs green
Ah'm never going back until Romanov takes over

Anymore?

Thecat23
10-04-2013, 11:55 AM
Because Hibs don't have any players with real pace it's easy to say we look unfit. This is because the play is always slowed right down soon as our midfield have it. It's sideways or back. Claros works his socks off but has no pace but he's fit. Deegan on the other hand I honesty don't think is fit. Leigh runs about mad all day he's clearly fit. I think it's just a couple who aren't up to speed but like I say, playing the way we do makes it look worse.

NorthNorfolkHFC
10-04-2013, 01:01 PM
Obviously we would like players that are quick but talent should be their number one asset.

Certainly not writing him off. Claros has great technical attributes. We just need balance. I'll bet Claros would look even more comfortable with a few quick boys around him.

You just have to look around the world at guys like Pirlo.

silverhibee
10-04-2013, 02:58 PM

The players are too lazy
The board are to blame
Sold the family silver
Fife Hyland
It's a disgrace
Hibs always lose against the bigger/smaller/similar sized/teams with a tenth of the resources
The players don't care
Tactically inept
If they've scored a goal or play in a league higher than the Beazer Homes Division, they'll get more elsewhere than Hibs will offer
Jimmy Saville
Too quiet in the east
Price of a nip
Not Hibs green

Anymore?

Scott Lyndsay :rolleyes:
Jimmy Scott how long a contract did he get
Craig Thomson is a yam
Soft touches

ancient hibee
10-04-2013, 05:40 PM
Wage Thieves.

Not Hibs Class.

Don't play the Hibs Way.

Queues at BTG

Danderhall Hibs
10-04-2013, 06:11 PM
Nothing much more to add to the conversation except to say that I've enjoyed the debate between you, me and Danderhall Hibs. It's a refreshing change to have an exchange of views without insults and other crap being bandied about.

Cheers mate, I was always told to respect my elders and that.

Mister P
10-04-2013, 07:21 PM
To rephrase the OP,

If a player told me direct that the training isn't pushing them enough, would you be inclined to accept that, and that this may be a contributing factor to our fall in form in the latter half of the season?

oconnors_strip
10-04-2013, 07:23 PM
To rephrase the OP,

If a player told me direct that the training isn't pushing them enough, would you be inclined to accept that, and that this may be a contributing factor to our fall in form in the latter half of the season?

is that you breaching customer confidentiality?:wink::greengrin

Aldo
10-04-2013, 07:24 PM
Certainly not writing him off. Claros has great technical attributes. We just need balance. I'll bet Claros would look even more comfortable with a few quick boys around him.

You just have to look around the world at guys like Pirlo.

This

Mister P
10-04-2013, 07:39 PM
is that you breaching customer confidentiality?:wink::greengrin

Haha, I said "if" a player told me......

Stop causing trouble!!

Who the f* are you anyway lol.

jdships
10-04-2013, 09:23 PM
To rephrase the OP,

You have to accept that no two players need the same amount/type of training
Erich Schaedler only did what he was 'told' to do but kept himself fit with his own training regime
Alex Edwards was another who trained only ' as required '
David Shaw ( No3 in the Famous Five ) used to tell me he had to train three nights a week to keep fit .

That's the way it is with most sportsmen

FranckSuzy
10-04-2013, 09:35 PM

The players are too lazy
The board are to blame
Sold the family silver
Fife Hyland
It's a disgrace
The players don't care
Tactically inept
Jimmy Saville
Too quiet in the east
Price of a nip
Not Hibs green

Anymore?

Scott Lyndsay :rolleyes:
Jimmy Scott how long a contract did he get
Craig Thomson is a yam
Soft touches

Not another Irish signing :rolleyes:

Mister P
10-04-2013, 09:53 PM
Erich Schaedler only did what he was 'told' to do but kept himself fit with his own training regime
David Shaw ( No3 in the Famous Five ) used to tell me he had to train three nights a week to keep fit .

Fair enough, just wondered what others thought were.

Tbh, if any athlete was feeling less than pushed, surely they should take the responsibility themselves?

matty_f
10-04-2013, 10:01 PM
Fair enough, just wondered what others thought were.

Tbh, if any athlete was feeling less than pushed, surely they should take the responsibility themselves?

Was just about to post that exact same thing. Players should be pushing themselves harder if training isn't doing it for them. The very least they should do is raise it with the gaffer.

Mister P
10-04-2013, 10:37 PM
Was just about to post that exact same thing. Players should be pushing themselves harder if training isn't doing it for them. The very least they should do is raise it with the gaffer.

Professional athletes after all.....

Tony Mowbray as director of football
John Collins as fitness coach
Paddy Fenton as trackside manager and tactician.

ancient hibee
11-04-2013, 08:56 AM

Davie Shaw probably had a day job as well.Many of the players did then.