PDA

View Full Version : New member

Glesgahibby
08-04-2013, 10:34 PM
Thought I would say hello:hnet:
i have been following hibs net for a few years now and I have decided to take the plunge.
my first hibs game was in the late seventies,pat stantons testimonial v Celtic at Easter rd.
i spent most of the eighties following hibs before being married in the nineties when I only managed the odd game a season.i took my daughter to the odd game when she was a toddler but she never took to it.
however my now 13year old daughter asked me today if we could go to the semi on Saturday :greengrin
3 tickets in the post:pfgwa

Jonnyboy
08-04-2013, 10:39 PM
i have been following hibs net for a few years now and I have decided to take the plunge.
my first hibs game was in the late seventies,pat stantons testimonial v Celtic at Easter rd.
i spent most of the eighties following hibs before being married in the nineties when I only managed the odd game a season.i took my daughter to the odd game when she was a toddler but she never took to it.
however my now 13year old daughter asked me today if we could go to the semi on Saturday :greengrin

Welcome aboard the board :thumbsup:

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-04-2013, 10:39 PM
Welcome to the mad hoose!

Glesgahibby
08-04-2013, 10:50 PM
Cheers guys:thumbsup:
Forgot to say I was brought up in Glasgow and my auld man was a Celtic fan
but at pats testimonial we went to the east terrace because of a mix up and I have been a hibby ever since:not worth

Saorsa
08-04-2013, 11:28 PM
Welcome tae negativity...sorry hibs.net

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-04-2013, 11:36 PM
Welcome Glesgahibee!

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-04-2013, 01:10 AM
Just fished out the programme for the testimonial, It was 10 days after my 7th birthday so dont really remember it.

Guest players for Hibs

Alan Rough
Martin Buchan
Gordon McQueen
John Blackley
Joe Jordan
Jim O'Rourke

Guest players for Celtic

Ralph Callachan
Eamonn Bannon
Kenny Dalglish
Lou Macari

Must've been quite a day!

monktonharp
09-04-2013, 01:43 AM
Cheers guys:thumbsup:
Forgot to say I was brought up in Glasgow and my auld man was a Celtic fan
but at pats testimonial we went to the east terrace because of a mix up and I have been a hibby ever since:not worthbig welcome to you ,Weegie:greengrin I've a good few mates through your way, as I worked through the west for a couple o' years. they would think, this guy's a nutter! welcome all the same.:aok: ggtth

ALF TUPPER
09-04-2013, 03:08 AM
Welcome ! Where in the Weege ?

Glesgahibby
09-04-2013, 08:04 AM
(Hutchie)fantastic day! A crowd of 25000 I think.stanton played for Celtic 1st half and hibs the 2nd,scored a penalty for hibs to win the game 2-1.we went on a Celtic bus from the argosy bar paisley rd west and the whole bus ended up in the east :greengrin I was getting stick all the way back on the bus for cheering the hibs goals and that Made my young mind up.
A few years later I was saving my pocket money and going to whatever game I could,mostly away games at first,parkhead,Ibrox,firhill,love st and Morton.
(phil) grew up in penilee And now live in erskine.

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-04-2013, 08:42 AM
Aye, the Stanton playing a half for each team sounds vaguely familiar.

yeezus.
09-04-2013, 08:53 AM

:aok: Welcome. Nice to see other non-Edinburgh Hibees on here. :flag:

Glesgahibby
09-04-2013, 09:15 AM
My daughter is in her first year of high school and there's a junior yam in her year who slags her because her auld mans a hibby.it takes me back to the days when I used to get it tight at school from my Celtic mates,this was the foundation to keep me a hibby and I can see her doing the same:aok:
Saturday is her first game since she was 8.i Realy hope the atmosphere,the result and a wee trip to breahead shopping centre(sweetener) does the trick.
GGTTH:pfgwa

Renfrew_Hibby
09-04-2013, 11:03 AM
Another Renfrewshire Hibby! Welcome to Hibs.net, I'm no a regular poster but i do follow the goings on daily!

Glesgahibby
09-04-2013, 11:38 AM
(Renfrew hibby) know of at least two more hibbys in erskine:aok:

Pat 0-7
12-04-2013, 05:18 PM
Hello - another new member here – inspired by Glesgahibby to finally register after lurking for the last 2 or 3 years, since my story is similar to his – regular at ER mid 80’s to mid 90’s (e.g. Souness sending off, Celtc CS gas, Gorams goal, Archie’s goal at their place, Skol Cup final...), then got married and the kids came along and didn’t go to many games, but have gradually introduced the kids to the highs and lows of watching the Cabbage over the last few years.....and a few quid spent in the club shop.....

4 tickets bought for the semi tomorrow – G1 row PP – bring it on!!!

I look forward to my first ‘LTYF’ !!!!

GGTTH

:flag:

Treadstone
12-04-2013, 05:23 PM
Hello - another new member here – inspired by Glesgahibby to finally register after lurking for the last 2 or 3 years, since my story is similar to his – regular at ER mid 80’s to mid 90’s (e.g. Souness sending off, Celtc CS gas, Gorams goal, Archie’s goal at their place, Skol Cup final...), then got married and the kids came along and didn’t go to many games, but have gradually introduced the kids to the highs and lows of watching the Cabbage over the last few years.....and a few quid spent in the club shop.....

4 tickets bought for the semi tomorrow – G1 row PP – bring it on!!!

I look forward to my first ‘LTYF’ !!!!

Let me oblige you LTYF:na na:

Pat 0-7
12-04-2013, 05:25 PM
:greengrin

Hibdan12
12-04-2013, 06:12 PM
since everyone else is at it. i am also a new member :thumbsup:

An East Kilbride hibby and only a boy still (17). Im a happy hibee through my dad and always have been and always will be! :agree: ggtth :pfgwa

Saorsa
12-04-2013, 06:20 PM
Welcome aboard new people :thumbsup: :flag::pfgwa

Aldo
12-04-2013, 06:24 PM
Hope you've got a good tin hat. J GG matey

Pat 0-7
12-04-2013, 06:30 PM
since everyone else is at it. i am also a new member :thumbsup:

An East Kilbride hibby and only a boy still (17). Im a happy hibee through my dad and always have been and always will be! :agree: ggtth :pfgwa

Mon the Newbies!!!

:thumbsup:

Just Alf
12-04-2013, 06:31 PM
Bloody woodwork is leaking something terrible at the mo!

Scouse Hibee
12-04-2013, 06:31 PM
Welcome newbies.................wherever you come from :wink:

Saorsa
12-04-2013, 06:39 PM
Hope you've got a good tin hat. J GG matey:thumbsup::thumbsup: see you the morn mate, 'mon the Hibs :pfgwa:flag:

hibee_nation
12-04-2013, 07:50 PM
Mon the Newbies!!!

:thumbsup:

Missed your chance mate you could have got your first LTYF in there, he laid it on a plate for you, you'll learn :greengrin :aok:

Watford_Mark
12-04-2013, 07:57 PM
(Hutchie)fantastic day! A crowd of 25000 I think.stanton played for Celtic 1st half and hibs the 2nd,scored a penalty for hibs to win the game 2-1.we went on a Celtic bus from the argosy bar paisley rd west and the whole bus ended up in the east :greengrin I was getting stick all the way back on the bus for cheering the hibs goals and that Made my young mind up.
A few years later I was saving my pocket money and going to whatever game I could,mostly away games at first,parkhead,Ibrox,firhill,love st and Morton.
(phil) grew up in penilee And now live in erskine.

Woowwwww....... Penilee, The Argosy, Paisley Rd West ? Where's Phil The Hibby gone? Can't believe he hasn't replied yet, a wee bit close to home eh Phil? :thumbsup:

Enjoy your day tomorrow,
Mark