PDA

View Full Version : Thatcher and the semi

Newry Hibs
08-04-2013, 12:33 PM
Not a comment on the good or bad points of Thatch - but about the timing of the semi ....

See on BBC news that ..Downing Street said Lady Thatcher would be accorded the same status of funeral as the Queen Mother and Princess Diana... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-22067155

Wondering if this could be a state funeral with matches being postponed?

Seem to remember Diana's funeral meant a Scotland match was postponed.

Can't see it being a popular decision to do this anywhere in the UK - let alone in Scotland - but you never know ....

Keith_M
08-04-2013, 12:35 PM
Thatcher and Semi, two words that NEVER go together

:sick:

Anyway they can cancel this match for Thatcher over my dead body.

zlatan
08-04-2013, 12:37 PM
Free party poppers for everyone for the minutes silence.

Speedway
08-04-2013, 12:38 PM
A minute's silence and black armbands is the least that should be implemented.

spike220
08-04-2013, 12:44 PM

The only way they will get a minutes silence is if they award a minutes applause.:agree:

neilmartinrocks
08-04-2013, 01:01 PM

I still have 8 confetti cannons left for the minutes silence!!

Keith_M
08-04-2013, 01:04 PM
I think this is all part of a conspiracy to show Hibs fans in a bad light. I think they bumped her off just in time for the semi-finals so the world can hear us ruining a minutes silence.

OK, I'm ready with the tribute song......

"Maggie, Maggie, Maggie,

Out, Out, Out!!!"

southsider
08-04-2013, 01:09 PM
A state funeral for thatcher in scotland will have the YES/indepenance supporters turning cartwheels. She is hated here and this will only play into their hands. People are coming to the semi from near and far with flights etc booked so hope the game goes ahead.No way should we stop the games.

southsider
08-04-2013, 01:12 PM
I think this is all part of a conspiracy to show Hibs fans in a bad light. I think they bumped her off just in time for the semi-finals so the world can hear us ruining a minutes silence.

OK, I'm ready with the tribute song......

"Maggie, Maggie, Maggie,

Out, Out, Out!!!"

Or Maggie, Maggie, Maggie..........Deed, deeed, deed

Speedway
08-04-2013, 01:20 PM
Why has everyone got it in for her?

You never had it so good as in the Thatcher years or are you all loony-left commies?

Cameron1875
08-04-2013, 01:21 PM
Need to get the game played tbh. Suppose a token gesture could be black armbands but a minutes silence would do more damage than good imo.

Speedway
08-04-2013, 01:26 PM

You never had it so good as in the Thatcher years or are you all loony-left commies?

blackpoolhibs
08-04-2013, 01:29 PM
If she has to play, it has to be a straight replacement for Deegan.

Cabbage East
08-04-2013, 01:30 PM
We heard you the first time, you just got ignored.

She's deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiid.

Beefster
08-04-2013, 01:34 PM

We might get the ball forward faster then.

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-04-2013, 01:42 PM

Not much chance of her playing in the main striker role though is there? :greengrin

hibeedonald
Don't want to hear no thatcher songs, politics should be kept out of football, leave it to the old firm.

MB62

Are you a loony righty?

Speedway
08-04-2013, 02:00 PM
Are you a loony righty?

No such thing, just us privatise-ers.

GreenPJ
08-04-2013, 02:00 PM
Are you a loony?

Slight amend

BT58
08-04-2013, 02:06 PM

not a loony,nor a commie, however, she was the hammer of the trade union movement, she implemented the much hated poll tax on us scots first [a disgrace],she caused more grief on this country than actual benefit
her passing will be honored by some,but not this household
bt

Heedersnvolleys
08-04-2013, 02:06 PM
We might get the ball forward faster then.

Especially down the right!

wookie70
08-04-2013, 02:09 PM
Ding Dong The Witch is Dead. I hope they call for a minutes silence and the whole ground arrupts into cheers. A vile Human Being who will not be missed by anyone who believes in fairness and humanity. As the jokes say she has already shut down 3 furnaces in hell. My only sadness is she couldn't have hurried up and died on Friday when I was on strike to try and defend my conditions against the ******* Children of the Milk Snatchers.

Speedway
08-04-2013, 02:14 PM
not a loony,nor a commie, however, she was the hammer of the trade union movement, she implemented the much hated poll tax on us scots first [a disgrace],she caused more grief on this country than actual benefit
her passing will be honored by some,but not this household
bt

The unions in whose grip the nation was in under mentalists like Scargill? Blackouts, three days weeks (pre-Scargill I realise) and other such prosperous times whilst the country was held to ransom by those who had completely lost what the point of what a 'union' was for in the first place. Taking the protection of the worker's rights through to blackmailing the country.

Nobody else had the balls to tackle the unions.

Down with the working class and the non privately educated **** that infest our sceptred isle. England forever! Rule Britannia!

Saorsa
08-04-2013, 02:19 PM
He's deid http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-prn1/27527_10150172587805385_9802_q.jpg She's deid http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3a/Margaret_Thatcher_cropped2.png/75px-Margaret_Thatcher_cropped2.png

s.a.m
08-04-2013, 02:24 PM
The only way they will get a minutes silence is if they award a minutes applause.:agree:

:agree: A minute' applause covers all bases. Everyone's a winner.

GreenPJ
08-04-2013, 02:25 PM
The unions in whose grip the nation was in under mentalists like Scargill? Blackouts, three days weeks (pre-Scargill I realise) and other such prosperous times whilst the country was held to ransom by those who had completely lost what the point of what a 'union' was for in the first place. Taking the protection of the worker's rights through to blackmailing the country.

Nobody else had the balls to tackle the unions.

Down with the working class and the non privately educated **** that infest our sceptred isle. England forever! Rule Britannia!

Now we are just under the grip of Russia and other countries and companies for our energy needs. The power of the unions was always going to dissipate, no doubting she speeded it up but Callaghan had not exactly folded otherwise the winter of discontent would not have happened and cost him a second term.

I agree that the point of what a union should be was lost.

marinello59
08-04-2013, 02:30 PM
Looks like any tenuous football dimension to this has been left behind now.
There's a thread running in the Holy Ground where we can all add our 'tributes' to Thatcher.