PDA

View Full Version : US Masters Golf

Golden Bear
08-04-2013, 12:09 PM
It's that time of year again when we'll be strolling up Magnolia Lane for the start of another Masters Tournament. This event has always been my favourite tournament as far as TV coverage is concerned and I can't wait for the action to get underway on Thursday.

Tiger is at ridiculously short odds for a tournament of this nature but as ever, it's difficult to pick out a winner. The lay out of the golf course seems to suit the "lefties" for some reason so I don't think that either Phil Mickleson or Bubba Watson will be far away.

However my picks for this year are:-

Justin Rose (20/1) - a consistent performer.

Charl Schwartzel (25/1) - The 2011 winner and another player who'll provide value for money.

Thorbjorn Olesen (150/1) ---------------------------- in my opinion this guy is the next superstar in World Golf. He might lack experience round Augusta but I still think he'll play well.

Francisco Molinari:- (200/1) ------------- worth a punt on a top six finish.

Bring it on!!

:aok:

IWasThere2016
08-04-2013, 12:18 PM
Before Thursday - Schwartzel and McDowell for me.

I'll add a bet on Friday night after the cut also.

greenlex
09-04-2013, 02:46 PM
Im really hoping The Masters gets me my Golf mojo back. The weather has nicked it.:boo hoo: McIlroy and Woods back in the groove. Gonna be a cracker.

Pretty Boy
09-04-2013, 04:49 PM
Im really hoping The Masters gets me my Golf mojo back. The weather has nicked it.:boo hoo: McIlroy and Woods back in the groove. Gonna be a cracker.

Same for me.

Went out the other day in the howling wind. 6 holes, a lost ball, 1 par, 4 bogeys and a double bogey later I was back in the clubhouse wondering what the point was.

Need something to get me motivated for the season ahead.

jodjam
09-04-2013, 09:04 PM
Bubba's press conf today was a belter. He just broke down and wept for ages recalling last year.

Yesterday he was working in the local pro shop and a few days ago was advertising his new hovercraft golf buggy. He seems a good lad.

Sylar
10-04-2013, 07:48 AM
Is the Par 3 contest live on Sky tonight?

Bighoose
10-04-2013, 12:42 PM
Is the Par 3 contest live on Sky tonight?

Yes it is. From 7pm on SS1, if I remember.

Have stuck some money on Rory (10/1); Phil Mic (14/1); Dustin J (25/1) & Kuchar (33/1).

Dustin Johnson has been getting some backing from the journos and seems to be playing consistant, so fingers crossed.

Golden Bear
10-04-2013, 07:37 PM
I see our very own Kirsty Gallagher is one of the on course commentators. Pleasing, very pleasing!

IWasThere2016
11-04-2013, 10:55 AM
Before Thursday - Schwartzel and McDowell for me.

I'll add a bet on Friday night after the cut also.

Added Lefty and Colsaerts too ..

Good Luck y'all! :cb

cocopops1875
11-04-2013, 11:53 AM
My bets: All each way varying between £1.50 and 50p
Poulter , Adam Scott, bubba Watson, Jason duffner, G-mac, Paul lawrie, Nic colsaerts, dustin Johnson, ryo isikawa, olesen and Peter Hanson

sauzee=legend
11-04-2013, 03:47 PM
£10 on Adam Scott at 25/1 and £10 on Bubba Watson at 33/1 - both to win.

Sylar
13-04-2013, 08:06 PM
I'm quite confused - Woods penalised for taking a drop in the wrong place yet Furyk also said in his pre-match interview that after dumping the ball into the water, he went back a further 15 yards to give him a more full shot.

Am I simply misunderstanding the rule violation here?

Jim44
14-04-2013, 01:33 PM
I'm quite confused - Woods penalised for taking a drop in the wrong place yet Furyk also said in his pre-match interview that after dumping the ball into the water, he went back a further 15 yards to give him a more full shot.

Am I simply misunderstanding the rule violation here?

Woods opted to return to where he originally played the shot and he should have played from as near to the divot as possible. In the case of Furyk, he took normal through the green relief allowing him to go as far back as he wanted, keeping a line between where the ball entered the water and the flag. I've never noticed the 'exception of Tiger Woods' on the front cover of The Rules of Golf. :rolleyes:

greenlex
14-04-2013, 01:55 PM
Woods opted to return to where he originally played the shot and he should have played from as near to the divot as possible. In the case of Furyk, he took normal through the green relief allowing him to go as far back as he wanted, keeping a line between where the ball entered the water and the flag. I've never noticed the 'exception of Tiger Woods' on the front cover of The Rules of Golf. :rolleyes:
It's not Woods fault. He made the mistake. The tournament committee have ruled and made the decision. It's perhaps they that need to look at themselves. Woods could however been bigger than that and withdrawn. He is perfectly within his rights to play on though.

jodjam
14-04-2013, 06:59 PM
Some run that langer is on. If he wins the bookies would be a happy bunch.

greenlex
14-04-2013, 11:31 PM
Mon the Olesen:thumbsup::thumbsup:

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-04-2013, 11:38 PM
£10 on Adam Scott at 25/1

Nice one!

LALthehibeeGAL
15-04-2013, 12:24 AM

Here's me well chuffed with my £1 e/w @ 25/1 on AS - oh well it's a tidy wee sum for me it'll put petrol in the car!!!!

At one point all four golfers I backed at £1 e/w were in the top ten and three up until the last day!!!

heretoday
15-04-2013, 08:00 AM

Nice one (again)!

IWasThere2016
15-04-2013, 03:38 PM
It's not Woods fault. He made the mistake. The tournament committee have ruled and made the decision. It's perhaps they that need to look at themselves. Woods could however been bigger than that and withdrawn. He is perfectly within his rights to play on though.

:agree: HOWEVER the rules of the game need a serious overhaul to the modern day or "dumbing down" for the kids and the Americans :greengrin

sauzee=legend
16-04-2013, 10:11 AM
Thanks guys, just thought his odds where far to high when you think about what he did at the open last year and also having tiger's old caddie on his bag who knows how to get a win around Augusta.

Sergio sledge
16-04-2013, 11:19 AM
I don't get it, Woods must know the rules, you drop as close to the previous point as possible, if you don't then you incur a 2 shot penalty. Trying to pretend that he wasn't aware of the rules is a smokescreen and he was trying to get away with pulling a fast one IMHO.

IWasThere2016
24-04-2013, 02:39 PM
A mate's posted me a signed (Rory and G-Mac) Masters' Programme :thumbsup:

Golden Bear
24-04-2013, 04:43 PM
A mate's posted me a signed (Rory and G-Mac) Masters' Programme :thumbsup:

Excellent.

I was at the 1987 Ryder Cup at Muirfield Village (the first European victory on American soil) and I managed to get the program signed by the late great Byron Nelson - I'll treasure that one forever.

IWasThere2016
25-04-2013, 10:09 AM
Excellent.

I was at the 1987 Ryder Cup at Muirfield Village (the first European victory on American soil) and I managed to get the program signed by the late great Byron Nelson - I'll treasure that one forever.

Mate goes every year - he's offered me tickets .. just need to persuade Mrs QM that I need to go :cool2: