PDA

View Full Version : Bottom 6 fixtures (Finally Confirmed, Post 59 onwards)

Cabbage East
08-04-2013, 10:25 AM
Are these being announced today? Anyone know what time?

Billy Whizz
08-04-2013, 10:26 AM
Yes

Liberal Hibby
08-04-2013, 01:02 PM
Anyone know when we'll get these?

Diclonius
08-04-2013, 01:14 PM
The SPL website appears to have gone down so I'll assume that's them trying to put up the fixtures now. :rolleyes:

Cabbage East
08-04-2013, 01:33 PM
Utterly useless.

Newry Hibs
08-04-2013, 01:34 PM
The SPL website appears to have gone down so I'll assume that's them trying to put up the fixtures now. :rolleyes:

Probably gone into meltdown trying to work out the best time to have the last 'OF' derby.

Diclonius
08-04-2013, 01:47 PM
Probably gone into meltdown trying to work out the best time to have the last 'OF' derby. Or politely asking Celtic when's the best time to have all their games.

Billy Whizz
08-04-2013, 01:50 PM
There's hardly a game worth showing on TV
I think we're still due one home TV game, how exciting

Geo_1875
08-04-2013, 01:56 PM
There's hardly a game worth showing on TV
I think we're still due one home TV game, how exciting

They could always give us an extra home derby.

GreenCastle
08-04-2013, 02:06 PM
total buffoons running our game - they should have been released at 9am today when people 1st entered work.

Not that I am looking forward to seeing them it just makes the league look Mikey Mouse :agree:

s.a.m
08-04-2013, 02:16 PM
Grant Russell‏@STVGrant17s (http://www.hibs.net/STVGrant/status/321265438967341056)SPL post-split fixtures have been put together, for those wondering. Published shortly once broadcasters have finalised live arrangements

Geo_1875
08-04-2013, 02:18 PM
Fixtures finalised but the website is down?

Mickey Mouse wears a SPL watch.

MB62
08-04-2013, 02:20 PM
Fixtures finalised but the website is down?

Mickey Mouse wears a SPL watch.

They had to re-do them as they had Celtc playing newco on the last day :greengrin

The Sea-gull
08-04-2013, 02:20 PM
Grant Russell‏@STVGrant17s (http://www.hibs.net/STVGrant/status/321265438967341056)SPL post-split fixtures have been put together, for those wondering. Published shortly once broadcasters have finalised live arrangements

They'll probably be up soon. I'm not IT expert but if a wee bit of site updating is going on can this not make it difficult to get on to a website?

SPL site not responding at the moment.

kaimendhibs
08-04-2013, 02:53 PM
Farce which sums up Scottish football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnStephens91
08-04-2013, 03:01 PM
I wish it would hurry up!

Lucius Apuleius
08-04-2013, 03:04 PM
An extreme lack of patience methinks. Does it matter if they are up now or in 15 minutes? I think post 11 tells us why they are not up yet.

Cabbage East
08-04-2013, 03:19 PM
It does matter when folk are trying to plan trips away/nights out etc around the football. it's a nonsense.

CentreLine
08-04-2013, 03:20 PM
It is important to remember that the fixtures, along with all the names of the people responsible, will have to be run past Ally McCoist for approval before they can be released so just be patient :cb

Lucius Apuleius
08-04-2013, 03:20 PM
It does matter when folk are trying to plan trips away/nights out etc around the football. it's a nonsense.

Rubbish. 15 minutes makes a difference? An hour makes a difference? If so thank Christ I do not live in your action filled life.

GreenCastle
08-04-2013, 03:31 PM
An extreme lack of patience methinks. Does it matter if they are up now or in 15 minutes? I think post 11 tells us why they are not up yet.

For a professional organisation that rely on fans income (though they treat the customer like s**t) - they could have produced them from 5pm Saturday till today.

They should have had it done last week ready with the different scenarios. Is not done by a computer anyway?

To then wait till 4.30pm on the day they said they will be released - petty maybe - but Mickey Mouse :agree:

Cabbage East
08-04-2013, 03:31 PM
Rubbish. 15 minutes makes a difference? An hour makes a difference? If so thank Christ I do not live in your action filled life.

:faf:

Lucius Apuleius
08-04-2013, 03:49 PM
For a professional organisation that rely on fans income (though they treat the customer like s**t) - they could have produced them from 5pm Saturday till today.

They should have had it done last week ready with the different scenarios. Is not done by a computer anyway?

To then wait till 4.30pm on the day they said they will be released - petty maybe - but Mickey Mouse :agree:

So they had the weekend off. Made up the fixtures, (why would you bother doing all different scenarios the week before?) and they said they would release them on Monday. They then pass them to the TV companies to work out their schedules so as they can hopefully release them with everyone knowing the actual dates. Now I expect them to be released soon. I cannot for the life of me believe that this bothers some people.

:faf:

A little existentialism goes a long way. :wink:

Berwickhibby
08-04-2013, 04:50 PM
Well it bothers me!!!! I need to find out what date the home games are on and I have to book time of work!!! my boss is here until 6pm to authorise time off, once he goes I wont see him for a fortnight and I run the risk of not getting the time off as others at my place of employment might also want some time off (first come first served senario)

The SPL is turning into a joke of a league, the SPL publicly announced that the fixtures would be released to today..... and once again they have failed to deliver.

We the paying public are treated pretty poorly.

hibee_girl
08-04-2013, 05:07 PM
Saying on twitter that fixtures unlikely to be released today as SPL still discussing fixtures with police!

Mikey
08-04-2013, 05:09 PM
Saying on twitter that fixtures unlikely to be released today as SPL still discussing fixtures with police!

The only remaining game that could possibly be of interest to the police is the Edinburgh derby.

Seveno
08-04-2013, 05:29 PM
The only remaining game that could possibly be of interest to the police is the Edinburgh derby.

What about the teuchter derby ? They will have to bus in extra police from across the country.

CallumLaidlaw
08-04-2013, 05:41 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22072465

BS44
08-04-2013, 05:46 PM

Friday night derby possibly?

Moulin Yarns
08-04-2013, 05:47 PM
The delay is so there isn't a clash with Maggie's funeral celebrations

Aldo
08-04-2013, 05:55 PM

That will not happen IMHO.

Hermit Crab
08-04-2013, 07:15 PM

I think that will be the last game of the season.

Billy Whizz
08-04-2013, 07:16 PM
I think that will be the last game of the season.

If it is and we get to the final. We should play the under 20's

Hermit Crab
08-04-2013, 07:32 PM

Do clubs not get fined for that?

Gatecrasher
08-04-2013, 08:33 PM
Of course the fixtures will be ready on time

truehibernian
08-04-2013, 08:38 PM

We'd win if we played the U20's, trust me :agree::greengrin mare fight, pace and desire in that group than the first team squad of late.

Mikey
08-04-2013, 08:47 PM
Here's a theory...................... If the derby is scheduled for the last weekend of the season then it'll be the Saturday, because that's the day that bottom 6 fixtures finish. And it probably won't be on TV. And that means a 3pm kick off and 6 hours drinking before the game :greengrin

And the police might not like that :wink:

Jonnyboy
08-04-2013, 10:44 PM
Been suggested to me that the first game after the split will take us to Tynie. Other away game at Killie, rest at home. Not confirmed but looking likely

Bill Milne
09-04-2013, 09:16 AM
The delay is , almost certainly, to allow them to schedule the most suitable set of fixtures for the Tims. You can almost see Lennon and Lawell stting in the SPL offices making their demands!!

Ireallywasthere
09-04-2013, 09:31 AM
At the PBS on Sunday 12th May. Ko time to be verified

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Lucius Apuleius
09-04-2013, 09:34 AM
A few comments that they are delayed for the benefit of Celtc. Can someone help a poor old daftie out here and let me know what benefits there will be for them?

The Sea-gull
09-04-2013, 09:39 AM
Don't think they have ever made such a fuss over the post-split fixtures before in terms of the time they are taking.

I remember a couple of times when they have announced the fixtures on the final Saturday afternoon at the back of 5 once the line up has been confirmed. Remember Richard Gordon reading them out on Sportsound.

Bill Milne
09-04-2013, 09:45 AM
A few comments that they are delayed for the benefit of Celtc. Can someone help a poor old daftie out here and let me know what benefits there will be for them?

They will play at a time and day to suit themselves. They will not be required to travel at awkward times on a Sunday to either Dingwall or Inverness. They will get their home game at Parkhead to wrap up the SPL ASAP. I could probably think of more if I had the time or inclinclination.

Yes, I can, they will never have to play 20 away games, unlike everyone alse.

Bristolhibby
09-04-2013, 09:47 AM

I presume it is to allow them to have a home (winnable) game next weekend (after the semis) so that they can have a league winning party at Darkhead.

Only problem is The Rangers are at home on the telly, so the plod are thinking what to do.

Also I presume they do not want an Edinburgh Derby last game of the season, as it would have to be played at 15:00 on the Saturday, hence avoiding many jaked Edinburgh football fans.

J

The Sea-gull
09-04-2013, 09:55 AM
I presume it is to allow them to have a home (winnable) game next weekend (after the semis) so that they can have a league winning party at Darkhead.

Only problem is The Rangers are at home on the telly, so the plod are thinking what to do.

Also I presume they do not want an Edinburgh Derby last game of the season, as it would have to be played at 15:00 on the Saturday, hence avoiding many jaked Edinburgh football fans.

J

A club like Celtic should see every game as winnable be it at Parkheid or otherwise. To be honest, don't think any of the top 6 teams would put up much more resistance at Parkhead than each other.

The point on the Edinburgh derby - don't see the problem in a Saturday 3pm game, they used to happen all the time and don't recall there being significant trouble that often. Doubt there would be in a meaningless end of season fixture. Though the fixture could have some meaning in that it could be a winer takes all battle for 10th place.

Lucius Apuleius
09-04-2013, 09:59 AM
A club like Celtic should see every game as winnable be it at Parkheid or otherwise. To be honest, don't think any of the top 6 teams would put up much more resistance at Parkhead than each other.

The point on the Edinburgh derby - don't see the problem in a Saturday 3pm game, they used to happen all the time and don't recall there being significant trouble that often. Doubt there would be in a meaningless end of season fixture. Though the fixture could have some meaning in that it could be a winer takes all battle for 10th place.

That was kinda where I am coming from. Ra Tic have basically won the league, it matters not a jot who they get at Darkheid next week. Can see the nasty travelling to the Heilands but I think that may be a bit of paranoia coming out.

Bristolhibby
09-04-2013, 09:59 AM

Personally (if we get there) I wouldnt want Hearts the week before a Scottish Cup Final.

They should do what they do with the Old Firm, defuse the derbys signifigance by playing it very early after the split. My point about Celtic, is that they will want to have a home game straight away, so that they can have their party at home, not in Inverness for example.

J

Ireallywasthere
09-04-2013, 10:07 AM
It is definitely Sunday 12 th may. Confirmed

Cabbage East
09-04-2013, 10:32 AM

Confirmed where? Link?

Berwickhibby
09-04-2013, 12:11 PM
I have just rang the SPL to enquire when the fixtures will be released!! The response was they "Should" be this afternoon, when pressed for a time I was informed that they are very busy and they will be released when they are ready.

The contempt that the SPL have for the fans is no longer funny, the SPL is dying on its arse, yet they treat us fans, the paying customers, as an inconvenience. Time for Doncaster and his cronies to move on.

Ken
09-04-2013, 12:15 PM
1st game - Celtic v Inverness
2nd game - Motherwell v Celtic

.....according to STV Sport (understands)

http://m.stv.tv/sport/220484-celtic-set-to-get-chance-to-claim-the-spl-title-against-inverness-ct/

Cabbage East
09-04-2013, 12:19 PM

:rolleyes:

Frazerbob
09-04-2013, 01:07 PM
What a farce!

lucky
09-04-2013, 01:13 PM
The clubs have been given the fixtures according to Dundee utd twitter feed. Going up shortly.

JimBHibees
09-04-2013, 01:28 PM
What a farce!

Complete shambles. The top 6 was pretty much known before Saturday it should have been relatively easy for someone to slightly amend the fixtures based on Arabs instead of Killie being in top. Would imagine any competent person could have done it in an hour or so. To me it should have been out at the latest Sunday lunchtime.

StevieC
09-04-2013, 01:33 PM
Complete shambles. The top 6 was pretty much known before Saturday it should have been relatively easy for someone to slightly amend the fixtures based on Arabs instead of Killie being in top. Would imagine any competent person could have done it in an hour or so. To me it should have been out at the latest Sunday lunchtime.

Agree. Sunday lunchtime, then sent to TV companies to pick their games, then sent to Police to confirm ko times, then all ready for release on the Monday afternoon as stated.

JimBHibees
09-04-2013, 01:45 PM
Agree. Sunday lunchtime, then sent to TV companies to pick their games, then sent to Police to confirm ko times, then all ready for release on the Monday afternoon as stated.

Given there was really only one place up for grabs in the top 6 they could have already agreed most of the dates and TV games prior to Saturday's games.

kaimendhibs
09-04-2013, 02:18 PM
I said it yesterday and will say it again today, What a farce!! Scottish football is done for with these clowns in charge

Stevie Reid
09-04-2013, 03:33 PM
Fixtures here: -

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20130409/post-split-fixtures-announced_2262950_3138053 (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20130409/post-split-fixtures-announced_2262950_3138053)

JimBHibees
09-04-2013, 03:37 PM
Fixtures here: -

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20130409/post-split-fixtures-announced_2262950_3138053 (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20130409/post-split-fixtures-announced_2262950_3138053)

Hibs Dons on a Monday night, dear oh dear.

Stevie Reid
09-04-2013, 03:40 PM

I think it means that we will have had 4 (by the end of the season) Saturday 3pm fixtures this year: -

Dundee twice
ICT
St. Mirren

HibbyRod
09-04-2013, 03:40 PM
Only one game outside of Edinburgh (Killie away) ! :thumbsup:

Stevie Reid
09-04-2013, 03:42 PM

Plus both away games on TV.

IFONLY
09-04-2013, 03:45 PM

Killie game live on t.v omg

frazeHFC
09-04-2013, 03:46 PM
Couldn't have worked out worse for me tbh! I live in Dundee so wanted them away. The first home game is the night before an exam, the second is the day after my last one (early start means no celebratory/drown sorrows night out) and the 3rd is the day before i start work in Inverness and was meant to be moving up north!

TomoHFC
09-04-2013, 03:48 PM
I wanted the ****bos on my birthday. **** u SPL

Ken
09-04-2013, 04:01 PM
On paper it looks a good set of fixtures for us especially with Hearts having to go to Aberdeen for a 3rd time and us playing Dundee at home for a 3rd time....

Saying that, our home record recently has been abysmal, so we'll need to get our finger out if we are going have a decent finish in the league for some much needed confidence, with hopefully a final to look forward to

H18sry
09-04-2013, 04:01 PM
Hibernian will face Aberdeen at Easter Road on Monday 22 April (kick off 7.30pm, live on ESPN) in the opening post-split Clydesdale Bank Scottish Premier League fixture while the final Edinburgh Derby against Heart of Midlothian will take place on Sunday 12 May (kick off midday, live on ESPN) at Tynecastle.
The full list of Hibernian's post-split fixtures is as follows:
Hibernian v Aberdeen, Monday 22 April, kick off 7.30pm (live on ESPN)
Hibernian v St Mirren, Saturday 27 April, kick off 3pm
Kilmarnock v Hibernian, Sunday 5 May, kick off 3pm (live on Sky Sports)
Heart of Midlothian v Hibernian, Sunday 12 May, kick off midday (live on ESPN)
Hibernian v Dundee, Saturday 18 May, kick off 3pm
So two home matches against Aberdeen and League Cup winners St Mirren followed by back-to-back away trips to Kilmarnock and Tynecastle before the final match back at Easter Road against Dundee.

S4uzee
09-04-2013, 04:03 PM
Hibernian will face Aberdeen at Easter Road on Monday 22 April (kick off 7.30pm, live on ESPN) in the opening post-split Clydesdale Bank Scottish Premier League fixture while the final Edinburgh Derby against Heart of Midlothian will take place on Sunday 12 May (kick off midday, live on ESPN) at Tynecastle.
So two home matches against Aberdeen and League Cup winners St Mirren followed by back-to-back away trips to Kilmarnock and Tynecastle before the final match back at Easter Road against Dundee.
I like how that bit was included :agree:

Liams
09-04-2013, 04:03 PM
Why didnt they have the derby on the last day of the season? Something to keep the gate numbers up and have us wanting to keep form

JimBHibees
09-04-2013, 04:05 PM
Why is the Killie Hibs game on tv?

Gatecrasher
09-04-2013, 04:11 PM
MNF Again :rolleyes:

KeithTheHibby
09-04-2013, 04:14 PM
Big if here however IF we manage to beat Falkirk our first home game after is against the Sheep, Monday night.

Piss poor crowd expected as nowt to play for and on the box but I fully expect the club to announce some kind of deal whereby if you attend the game you will be entitled to a ticket for the final?

One serious bridge to cross first however I fully expect the club to look at this option if the chance arises.

JimBHibees
09-04-2013, 04:17 PM
Big if here however IF we manage to beat Falkirk our first home game after is against the Sheep, Monday night.

Piss poor crowd expected as nowt to play for and on the box but I fully expect the club to announce some kind of deal whereby if you attend the game you will be entitled to a ticket for the final?

One serious bridge to cross first however I fully expect the club to look at this option if the chance arises.

I think you are right it would make sense. They may be able to tie it into the other 2 home games if possible though how that would be worked out dont know.

BEEJ
09-04-2013, 04:24 PM
Why didnt they have the derby on the last day of the season? Something to keep the gate numbers up and have us wanting to keep form
If we do make the cup final, then personally I'm delighted that we're not being set up for the Yams to kick us off the park a week beforehand.

A fortnight should give sufficient recovery time for most typical niggling injuries.

scoopyboy
09-04-2013, 04:26 PM

I don't want to keep the gate numbers up, all the more money to Hearts:confused:

18/03/07
09-04-2013, 04:37 PM
If we get to the final,Petrie should do a package deal, ie buy tickets for Aberdeen,St mirren and Dundee games and that will get you a ticket for the final

JimBHibees
09-04-2013, 04:39 PM
If we get to the final,Petrie should do a package deal, ie buy tickets for Aberdeen,St mirren and Dundee games and that will get you a ticket for the final

He will also want to try and sell more seasons on the back of any final we may reach.

Ireallywasthere
09-04-2013, 04:49 PM
:rolleyes:

Not one to say I told you so - but I did :D

SMAXXA
09-04-2013, 05:01 PM
Very happy with these indeed

offshorehibby
09-04-2013, 05:01 PM
I don't believe it, i'm up in Aberdeen for a course the night of the Aberdeen game.

hibee
09-04-2013, 05:04 PM

ESPN going up against Man United v Aston Villa on Sky where the league title could be decided, great idea!

My kids are a bit young to use their season tickets that late on a school night especially for a game that means very little so potentially more money wasted for me.

ancient hibee
09-04-2013, 05:06 PM
Expecting Aberdeen fans to travel on a Monday night is ludicrous.So they'll watch it on TV and we'll lose out at the gate.

hibs4thecup1988
09-04-2013, 05:08 PM
ESPN going up against Man United v Aston Villa on Sky where the league title could be decided, great idea!

My kids are a bit young to use their season tickets that late on a school night especially for a game that means very little so potentially more money wasted for me.

Amazing eh? Monday and sunday games and 3 on TV. Spl/TV try to find way to screw fans...tick!
Why not saturday at 12:30 for dons and killie games?
Ill not be at dons game now so 2 lots of season tickets unused.

3pm
09-04-2013, 05:10 PM
How can 3 of our games be live on TV when we're in the bottom six?! ****in shambles of a TV deal.

ancient hibee
09-04-2013, 05:16 PM
How can 3 of our games be live on TV when we're in the bottom six?! ****in shambles of a TV deal.
Because the TV companies choose games that they think the punters will want to watch and then the advertisers will place adverts.

3pm
09-04-2013, 05:19 PM
Because the TV companies choose games that they think the punters will want to watch and then the advertisers will place adverts.

Yes, I am aware of the concept.

cabbageandribs1875
09-04-2013, 05:20 PM
GTF with monday night football

Cabbage East
09-04-2013, 05:26 PM
Monday night game and the derby at midday. God we're a lucky bunch :rolleyes:

Hexham Hibee
09-04-2013, 05:26 PM
Our game at the pink bus shelter will be their last home game - I remeber that happening before (we lost 2-0) and they took great delight in subbing players who were leaving. They took ages departing with no extra time added on. There were virtually laps of honour. Better not happen again!

Hermit Crab
09-04-2013, 05:27 PM

The only one I can't go too. :( away on a stag doo in Poland that weekend, still it's on tv so might catch it over there.

LioNeilMessi
09-04-2013, 05:55 PM
Easter Road will be a ghost town on the 22nd of April!

HibernianJK
09-04-2013, 05:57 PM
whats the big problem with monday night football? always thought that and friday night games creat a better atmosphere than saturday afternoon

Just Alf
09-04-2013, 06:04 PM
whats the big problem with monday night football? always thought that and friday night games creat a better atmosphere than saturday afternoon

Fair enough for a local-ish game where travelling isn't a big issue, if shoe was on other foot I'd not be too keen on a traipse up to the Dons on a Monday night when I'm working crack of dawn next day :-(

Gatecrasher
09-04-2013, 06:34 PM
I remember the last one being complete baws.

jgl07
09-04-2013, 07:21 PM

It is rather implausible as Manchester City would have to lose at home to Wigan and away to Spurs for that scenario to come about.

lyonhibs
09-04-2013, 07:27 PM

As we are always hearing that all Dons fans are just glory hunting Central Belters, that seems alright to me. Was always going to be on TV.

DH1875
09-04-2013, 07:46 PM

With the amount of time we're on the telly we must have some huge fan base I know duck all about :confused:.

I heard that there were only 10k viewers for the last derby. Think that must be a load of bull but that's what I was told :hmmm:.

Cabbage East
09-04-2013, 07:56 PM

Funnily enough some of us like a Saturday game at 3pm so we can meet our mates and have a day/night out. Monday night on the telly means sh*te crowd and no fun. I remember when Aberdeen was an occasion, this is a shambles.

EastCalderHibby
09-04-2013, 08:04 PM

With the ****s only other home game being the league cup winners st mirren means not much cash for them gate wise what do fellow hibs fans think of not
giving the **** a much needed cash injection. After all is it not about time they have to pay hmrc. And the daft ko time tv for me :rolleyes::greengrin:greengrin