PDA

View Full Version : Man Utd in Training ground Deal - Hibs?

MB62
08-04-2013, 10:13 AM
I see Man Utd have sold the rights to AON to have their training ground named after that company. Other details are included in the deal but the basic selling of the training ground name could be something that we could maybe be looking in to as another source of revenue.
Could be another first for the HIbees if they can beat the Yams, before they name theirs the Three R's training ground :wink: :greengrin

Bad Martini
08-04-2013, 11:15 AM
I see Man Utd have sold the rights to AON to have their training ground named after that company. Other details are included in the deal but the basic selling of the training ground name could be something that we could maybe be looking in to as another source of revenue.
Could be another first for the HIbees if they can beat the Yams, before they name theirs the Three R's training ground :wink: :greengrin

Ahhh, the training ground...field of dreams that brought us cup glory, wins a plenty, new players such as Riordan, O'Connor, et all and such joy??

Rather than selling the name, we'd be better selling East Mains, fitting the players up the arse again and using public parks, bringing through the players who made us MILLIONs as we done with the golden generation again, and ditching this poncy training grond which has brought us **** all but bad luck as far as I can see.

Baws to East Mains.

ENDOF

Keith_M
08-04-2013, 11:17 AM
Ahhh, the training ground...field of dreams that brought us cup glory, wins a plenty, new players such as Riordan, O'Connor, et all and such joy??

Rather than selling the name, we'd be better selling East Mains, fitting the players up the arse again and using public parks, bringing through the players who made us MILLIONs as we done with the golden generation again, and ditching this poncy training grond which has brought us **** all but bad luck as far as I can see.

Baws to East Mains.

ENDOF

Don't beat about the bush, tell us what you REALLY think :wink:

Golden Bear
08-04-2013, 11:18 AM

Baws to East Mains.

ENDOF

:greengrin

Many a truth is said in jest!

Ross4356
08-04-2013, 11:33 AM

Baws to East Mains.

ENDOF

What a rediculus thing to say!!

Good one mate lets go back to playing in public parks :aok:

Speedway
08-04-2013, 11:48 AM

Why not?

Ross4356
08-04-2013, 12:08 PM
Why not?

We have great facilites at EM

Speedway
08-04-2013, 12:11 PM
We have great facilites at EM

And what material benefits have they given us in terms of results on the park compared to when we were on the parks?

Ross4356
08-04-2013, 12:23 PM
And what material benefits have they given us in terms of results on the park compared to when we were on the parks?

I'll answer that when we have been training there for 100 years like we did with the public parks

spike220
08-04-2013, 12:41 PM

I hear 'The Muppets' are looking for a sponsorship deal :cb

Speedway
08-04-2013, 12:42 PM
I'll answer that when we have been training there for 100 years like we did with the public parks

OK, what tangible results has the training ground brought us, AT ALL?

Houchy
08-04-2013, 01:08 PM

He's got a point. They've turned into a bunch of Molly coddled poofy prima donnas that think they have made it. Get them back to hard graft on the dunes at Gullane!!!

Pete
08-04-2013, 01:30 PM
Any club with any ambition has decent training facilities. We have sacrificed spending on the pitch to accommodate this infrastructure but it was definitely the right thing to do and can only pay off in the long-term.

All this talk of knocking it down or blaming it for players not being fit is ridiculous. If someone who fits your kitchen does a crap job even though he had the finest tools, you don't blame the tools. If several tradesmen with these top of the range tools have messed up then maybe the guy who is choosing the joiners should be questioned.

Bad Martini
08-04-2013, 02:35 PM
Any club with any ambition has decent training facilities. We have sacrificed spending on the pitch to accommodate this infrastructure but it was definitely the right thing to do and can only pay off in the long-term.

All this talk of knocking it down or blaming it for players not being fit is ridiculous. If someone who fits your kitchen does a crap job even though he had the finest tools, you don't blame the tools. If several tradesmen with these top of the range tools have messed up then maybe the guy who is choosing the joiners should be questioned.

If you use a cheapo mfi kitchen and can magic up a tasty chicken curry fit for a King whilst doing so, do you NEED a 30k designer kitchen when the auld mfi one was working??

Would be nice but when you really need more chicken for your curry rather than marble work tops, whats more important.

Enough kitchen talk. These lot should be running aboot dodging dug sheite and such like instead of being pampered. The last cup we won was done using training methods of JC and public parks..and the one before it. Also allowed us to develop, use and sell players like Riordan, O'Connor, Brown etc etc.....

Im no seeing ANY benefits whatsoever from east mains. None....

heretoday
08-04-2013, 02:41 PM
And what multi-national conglomerate would care to put their name to a field in East Lothian?

Andy74
08-04-2013, 02:52 PM
And what multi-national conglomerate would care to put their name to a field in East Lothian?

Sony or Microsoft. Fits in with its main use.

Captain Trips
08-04-2013, 03:25 PM
If you use a cheapo mfi kitchen and can magic up a tasty chicken curry fit for a King whilst doing so, do you NEED a 30k designer kitchen when the auld mfi one was working??

Would be nice but when you really need more chicken for your curry rather than marble work tops, whats more important.

Enough kitchen talk. These lot should be running aboot dodging dug sheite and such like instead of being pampered. The last cup we won was done using training methods of JC and public parks..and the one before it. Also allowed us to develop, use and sell players like Riordan, O'Connor, Brown etc etc.....

:agree:

FranckSuzy
08-04-2013, 06:30 PM

:greengrin

EastCalderHibby
08-04-2013, 08:42 PM

They cant my business is called triple -r

snooky
08-04-2013, 09:14 PM

Why not contact Butlins? They might be interested in their name being attached to EM. :cb

corrie_hibee
09-04-2013, 01:27 AM

With you analogy you assume that everyone can make the same standard of curry. Gordon Ramsey could walk into my ****ger of a student flat and cook up a culinary storm that looked like it came from the Delta in Roseburn. My effort, no matter how hard I tried, would be modest at best. It would be something that the head chef at the Chilli Grill would be pleased with.

The point I am making is that t doesnt matter where the curry is being prepared. It matters who is doing the cooking. The biggest problem with Hibs production line of players are the coaches and scouts who are meant to develop them. When John Park left for Celtic that is when the talent dried up. He was the one credited with finding all the youngsters who were sold to pay for East Mains and the new stand.

I am not taking a pop at any of the academy staff as they have certainly done a fantastic job. They won the league and cup double and I know a boy who plays in the current under 20s and he speaks very highly of the staff. The reason for me signing up today after being voyeur on this site for many of years to say that you cannot blame the facilities for the talent drying up.

A bad workman blames his tools but a good workman can do the job with anything. However, workman is not a workman without being recruited and undertaking his apprenticeship and training. Hibs need to do these things to realise the potential of East Mains.

MB62
09-04-2013, 09:51 AM
Why not contact Butlins? They might be interested in their name being attached to EM. :cb

In all seriousness, it doesn't matter who it is, or even how much it is, £250,000 or £500,000 or whatever, if we can sell it as advertising space then it's still money the club didn't have before and maybe just help with the running costs of the place.

Hibercelona
09-04-2013, 10:08 AM

What do you mean we've sacrificed spending on the pitch? I reckon we have the 2nd or 3rd most expensive squad in the league right now.

How many more times than the opposition do we need to spend on the field, before we can at least match them?

Ross4356
09-04-2013, 12:17 PM
So the training ground has not produced any great players yet and getting rid of it would give us some extra cash to spend on the team but as we already spend more than 5 of the top 6 anyway what major difference would another 300k-500k a season make.

Trainining grounds work, tell me one club that is getting rid of theirs for footballing reasons