PDA

View Full Version : celtc's third goal

matty_f
07-04-2013, 07:13 PM
Fairly irrelevant now, but how the hell was Celtc's third goal allowed to stand?

It was as clear a handball as you'll see all season.

Iggy Pope
07-04-2013, 07:15 PM
Fairly irrelevant now, but how the hell was Celtc's third goal allowed to stand?

It was as clear a hardball as you'll see all season.

'Bout time we played hardball
:wink:

macca70
07-04-2013, 07:15 PM

Ref should have stopped play to let some air out of it ;)

Mikey
07-04-2013, 07:16 PM

I wondered about that too and the player's reaction made it pretty clear it was a handball as well.

Might be worth seeing if the ref or linesman get the Rayond Whyte treatment :greengrin

matty_f
07-04-2013, 07:21 PM
'Bout time we played hardball
:wink:

Ref should have stopped play to let some air out of it ;)

I'm blaming the site update!! :greengrin

Glory Lurker
07-04-2013, 07:24 PM
That's a disgrace! The boy's "embarrassed" about it - is it really too much to ask a grown adult to put his hand up (if you pardon the pun) and say to the ref that it wasn't a goal?

Mr White
07-04-2013, 07:27 PM
Charlie mann on open all Mics said definitely not a handball. Good one Charlie.

JimBHibees
07-04-2013, 07:39 PM
Quite incredible decision to be honest. The standard of officiating in this country is quite simply appalling IMO.

As for the highlights Hibs looked slow and as weak as kittens and it looked basically like a training match for Celtc.

cleanyman
07-04-2013, 07:40 PM
Said it at the time, Lustig put his hands up to apologise.

Poor officiating again.

truehibernian
07-04-2013, 07:40 PM
Third goal was the least of Hibs' worries from yesterday - it could have been 6 or 7.

Watching the defending (for want of a better word) again - simply unimaginable that professional footballers, going to Parkhead, think they can stand off their men and allow possession unchallenged - tell you what, hope Pat has shown them DVDs of Falkirk's midfield, because they have energy in abundance and don't stand still. Deegan, Claros and company better take the hint and put in a right shift this week in training.

Contrast the effort and workrate in the 1-0 win at Easter Road against yesterday - what a dramatic fall from grace.

JimBHibees
07-04-2013, 07:42 PM
Third goal was the least of Hibs' worries from yesterday - it could have been 6 or 7.

Watching the defending (for want of a better word) again - simply unimaginable that professional footballers, going to Parkhead, think they can stand off their men and allow possession unchallenged - tell you what, hope Pat has shown them DVDs of Falkirk's midfield, because they have energy in abundance and don't stand still. Deegan, Claros and company better take the hint and put in a right shift this week in training.

Contrast the effort and workrate in the 1-0 win at Easter Road against yesterday - what a dramatic fall from grace.

Agree it was appalling. The Wanyama run at the end with half hearted efforts to challenge was simply embarressing.

Jonnyboy
07-04-2013, 07:56 PM

Aye ye can always rely on Charlie "I used to lick Vlad's er5e" Mann to get things right :agree:

truehibernian
07-04-2013, 08:10 PM
Aye ye can always rely on Charlie "I used to lick Vlad's er5e" Mann to get things right :agree:

And still defends Vlad to this day JB - quite simply, hot air emanating from a vent makes more sense than Charlie Mann.

Mr White
07-04-2013, 08:11 PM
And still defends Vlad to this day JB - quite simply, hot air emanating from a vent makes more sense than Charlie Mann. much more useful too.

Cabbage East
07-04-2013, 08:14 PM

Charlie Mann is a despicable, awful human being. There's things about his personal life that would make your head explode too.

Reptile.

Jonnyboy
07-04-2013, 08:15 PM
Charlie Mann is a despicable, awful human being. There's things about his personal life that would make your head explode too.

Reptile.

He and his chosen club are well suited then :thumbsup:

Cabbage East
07-04-2013, 08:18 PM
He and his chosen club are well suited then :thumbsup:

Indeed they are. A match made in Heaven one might say :greengrin

Jonnyboy
07-04-2013, 08:18 PM
Indeed they are. A match made in Heaven one might say :greengrin

Or hell ....... :greengrin

NorthNorfolkHFC
07-04-2013, 08:20 PM
I don't care how the third went in.

I care about how easily Deegan gave two goals away. The third is a joke, he gets turned inside out. What's wrong with closing him down sharpish.

SMAXXA
07-04-2013, 08:59 PM
I don't care how the third went in.

I care about how easily Deegan gave two goals away. The third is a joke, he gets turned inside out. What's wrong with closing him down sharpish.

I thought Hanlon was as culpable as Deegan for the first 2 goals, and looked poor when Hooper simply turned away from him and should have scored. Wouldn't be too harsh on him as its his first game back and id be glad to see him get these out his system and get a match under his belt before the semi. I didn't think he would start yesterday, anyone who was there care to post how his overall performance as yesterday, I only just watched the highlights.

Mr White
07-04-2013, 09:06 PM
Or hell ....... :greengrin

Gorgie?

Boyle89
07-04-2013, 09:06 PM
Really?! Its like they arent even watching the games anymore! It made no difference in the end but thats not the point, a handball is a handball ffs. We just cant buy a break from officials atm. Better get the breaks in the remaining cup game(s).

down-the-slope
07-04-2013, 09:07 PM
can we add the shockingly obvious corner - when we were looking for equaliser first half at 1-0 - when Leigh knocked it off defender who started jogging back to his defensive position in the box before officials made another howler......

Jonnyboy
07-04-2013, 09:07 PM
Gorgie?

Indeed

Sir David Gray
07-04-2013, 09:35 PM
Just been on Sportscene.

Unlike the mistakes made against Hearts and Dundee Utd, this one didn't affect the overall result but how the referee and/or the linesman didn't spot that handball is astonishing.

It was so blatant, it's unreal.

I wonder if Neil Lennon complained about that in his post match interview.

neilmartinrocks
08-04-2013, 12:51 AM
The ref might hae thought it was the BOSTON CELTICS or then again he might just be ***** at he's job:greengrin

JohnStephens91
08-04-2013, 12:58 AM
AN ref worth his salt would have seen that. Unfortunately for us John Beaton has proven to lack any understanding of the basic rules of football all season - joke of a ref.

Hibercelona
08-04-2013, 01:35 AM
But the refereeing standards haven't gotten any worse, have they? :dunno:

According to bellend Richmond anyway.....