PDA

View Full Version : Falkirk game.

DH1875
07-04-2013, 04:50 PM
Serious question. How does everyone think we will line up? I reckon we go at them from the start. With the size of the pitch and them having Dods at the heart of their defence we should be hitting them with attack after attack. Or will we go with the 10 men behind the ball, lets not get beat attitude and hope Leigh grabs something on the break? I fear it'll be the latter, hope I'm wrong though.

Billy Whizz
07-04-2013, 05:14 PM
I hope we go with a positive line up, rather than the usual 451

Heisenberg
07-04-2013, 05:19 PM
I hope we play Cairney in behind LG to give us a bit of attacking intent in the middle of the park, three defensive midfielders in there who do nothing but sit back and pass it between each other and the defenders isnt going to win us the game. We need to go out and take a grip of the game, something we havent managed for a long while mind you. Mcpake has to step up and lead them, he's not been himself recently. Thomson needs to get his foot on the ball and dictate the game, same for Claros. Griffiths needs better service from midfield, something i feel he'd get if we had someone who was willing to get forward from midfield and help him.

Stevie Reid
07-04-2013, 05:25 PM
Don't mind the 4-5-1 as long as it's Thomson and Claros sitting deep and Harris and Wotherspoon out wide with Cairney behind Griffiths - either that or Harris in behind and Cairney wide left.

It will be a hard game but we have quality players who can hurt Falkirk and experiences bodies who should be a good influence.

Vault Boy
07-04-2013, 05:28 PM
Don't mind the 4-5-1 as long as it's Thomson and Claros sitting deep and Harris and Wotherspoon out wide with Cairney behind Griffiths - either that or Harris in behind and Cairney wide left.

It will be a hard game but we have quality players who can hurt Falkirk and experiences bodies who should be a good influence.

Agree with this. Though it isn't ideal to have Wotherspoon starting, we don't have many other options. Maybe give Danny Handling a start at wide right? :confused:

Treadstone
07-04-2013, 05:34 PM
Must only contain 2 from Thomson, Claros , Taiwo and Deegan. Preferably first two and not managers son (Deegan). Midfield thirty yards further forward than they have been recently. Leigh told to play on shoulder of Dods or last defender and not with back to goal.

.Sean.
07-04-2013, 05:44 PM
I'd go...

Williams

Clancy----------McPake----------Hanlon----------McGivern

Taiwo------Claros------Thomson

Harris-----Cairney

Griffiths

Stevenson will be a big miss and Wothrspoon and Deegan should be nowhere near the first 11.

Aldo
07-04-2013, 06:01 PM
I'd go...

Williams

Harris-----Cairney

Griffiths

Stevenson will be a big miss and Wothrspoon and Deegan should be nowhere near the first 11.

Again the lack of width/ pace wide concerns me but this will be close to the team for Sat....

( have a funny feeling that Wotherspoon may be brought in for TT?? Hope no cos i like Taiwo as he hurries and harries the opposition).

Good shout though Sean

PISTOL1875
07-04-2013, 06:06 PM
Williams

Clancy --------- McPake -------- Hanlon --------- Mcgivern

Claros --------- Thomson

Doyle --------- Cairney --------- Harris

Griffiths
I feel that Paul Cairneys best position is playing off the front man and we ned to provide sparky with support and not get him isolated.

NOLA
07-04-2013, 06:09 PM
If we line up with a midfield 3 set up not to lose the game, I won't be back.

Stringer
07-04-2013, 06:10 PM
4 2 3 1! Attack is the order of the day. McGivern gives extra defensive cover and he can take the ball out of the back without hoofing it. Claros was brutal against Celtic.

Williams

Clancy. McPake. Hanlon. Steveson

Thompson McGivern

Wotherspoon Robertson. Cairney

Griffiths.

Harris would be lost on the hampden big pitch. He would make a great impact sub.

Vault Boy
07-04-2013, 06:12 PM
I'd go...

Williams

Harris-----Cairney

Griffiths

Not a bad shout at all. I'd have Harris and Cairney as attacking wide players to provide the width (re the concern). Maybe a 4-2-2-2 with Caldwell or Doyle working with Griffiths up front, and just Thomson and Claros in the middle. Either way, Deegan and Wotherspoon shouldn't be seen.

Billy Whizz
07-04-2013, 06:12 PM
Is Stevenson suspended or not? I thought that only Matt Done was out

Fergus52
07-04-2013, 06:13 PM
Must only contain 2 from Thomson, Claros , Taiwo and Deegan. Preferably first two and not managers son (Deegan). Midfield thirty yards further forward than they have been recently. Leigh told to play on shoulder of Dods or last defender and not with back to goal.

what aload of *****.

Fenlon rarely starts him when our other CMs are fit.

Before his jaw-break he was excellent for us, then even after he was fit again Fenlon persisted with Claros and Taiwo (rightly so IMO)

I don't rate Deegan but referring to him as "managers son" is just idiotic.

scoopyboy
07-04-2013, 06:29 PM
4 2 3 1! Attack is the order of the day. McGivern gives extra defensive cover and he can take the ball out of the back without hoofing it. Claros was brutal against Celtic.

Williams

Clancy. McPake. Hanlon. Steveson

Thompson McGivern

Wotherspoon Robertson. Cairney

Griffiths.

Harris would be lost on the hampden big pitch. He would make a great impact sub.

I thought you wanted Stevenson at right back and Maybury at left back

Sir David Gray
07-04-2013, 06:41 PM
If we line up with a midfield 3 set up not to lose the game, I won't be back.

Even if we win and get to the final? :confused:

.Sean.
07-04-2013, 06:45 PM
Again the lack of width/ pace wide concerns me but this will be close to the team for Sat....

( have a funny feeling that Wotherspoon may be brought in for TT?? Hope no cos i like Taiwo as he hurries and harries the opposition).

Good shout though Sean

Totally agree, however Done is a huddy and I wouldn't start Wotherspoon. Suppose Doyle could play out wide.

hibsbollah
07-04-2013, 06:46 PM
I'd go...

Williams

Harris-----Cairney

Griffiths

That would be my team :agree: and I think it will be Pat's as well. I'm fairly confident we'll be too much for Falkirk, the worst place in Scotland.

LeighLoyal
07-04-2013, 06:47 PM
Hopefully the team he should have played yesterday:

Williams

Clancy Hanlon McPake McGivern

Harris Claros Thomson Cairney

Doyle Griffiths

.Sean.
07-04-2013, 06:47 PM
Is Stevenson suspended or not? I thought that only Matt Done was out
I thought stevenson was suspended? if he's not, i'd have him in ahead of Taiwo in my team.

Stringer
07-04-2013, 06:49 PM
I thought you wanted Stevenson at right back and Maybury at left back

My assistant manager is helping me out.

Revised team sheet: 4 2 3 1

Williams

Stevenson McPake Hanlon Maybury

Thompson McGivern

Wotherspoon Robertson Cairney

Griffiths

NOLA
07-04-2013, 06:52 PM
Even if we win and get to the final? :confused:

If we set up not to lose then we don't deserve to win imo, positive formation - positive result. More often than not :)

Sir David Gray
07-04-2013, 06:54 PM
I thought stevenson was suspended? if he's not, i'd have him in ahead of Taiwo in my team.

Nah, it's only Matt Done who's suspended for us next week.

Stevenson will be suspended for the final (if we make it), if he gets booked next week though, along with Cairney, McPake and Claros.

cabbageandribs1875
07-04-2013, 06:57 PM
yellow cards are

Done 2 (suspended for falkirk game)

McPake 1

claros 1

cairney 1

stevenson 1

Judas Iscariot
07-04-2013, 06:57 PM
Williams

Clancy McPake Hanlon McGivern

Cairney Robertson Claros Thomson Harris

Griffiths

That team would win 3-0, easy...

Wotherspiniesta
07-04-2013, 07:02 PM
Time to get back to what was working earlier this season.

Williams

Wotherspoon Claros Thomson Cairney

Griffiths Doyle

Subs: Murdoch Stevenson Robertson Harris Handling

A well balanced team that can switch to 4-5-1 if necessary with Wotherspoon or Cairney slotting in one and Doyle dropping out wide. Let's be honest, we played our best football this season with this formation and team and Thomson is a better player than Deegan. Harris has been a breath of fresh air in recent weeks, so I would be tempted to start him ahead of either Cairney or Wotherspoon. I think he can make a big impact coming from the bench if need be.

Vault Boy
07-04-2013, 07:19 PM
Time to get back to what was working earlier this season.

Williams

Wotherspoon Claros Thomson Cairney

Griffiths Doyle

Subs: Murdoch Stevenson Robertson Harris Handling

A well balanced team that can switch to 4-5-1 if necessary with Wotherspoon or Cairney slotting in one and Doyle dropping out wide. Let's be honest, we played our best football this season with this formation and team and Thomson is a better player than Deegan. Harris has been a breath of fresh air in recent weeks, so I would be tempted to start him ahead of either Cairney or Wotherspoon. I think he can make a big impact coming from the bench if need be.

It would definitely be Harris in front of Spoony for me, on both of their recent performances. I agree with the rest of the team, and 2 upfront is something we need to look at again for sure.

JimBHibees
07-04-2013, 07:19 PM
Williams

Cairney Robertson Claros Thomson Harris

Griffiths

That team would win 3-0, easy...

That is the team I hope we play.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-04-2013, 07:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMC1JAW_iq4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

We should do this on saturday, place would be bouncing! Allez allez allez ohhhhhh hibernian fc from the capital!

Aldo
07-04-2013, 08:06 PM
Totally agree, however Done is a huddy and I wouldn't start Wotherspoon. Suppose Doyle could play out wide.

Sean I think PF will have the majority if his team picked with 1 or 2 places up for Grabs...

One being Wotherspoons.

StevesFamau5
07-04-2013, 08:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMC1JAW_iq4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

We should do this on saturday, place would be bouncing! Allez allez allez ohhhhhh hibernian fc from the capital!

Its a shame that despite how amazing it would be. We won't get that sort of bounce. Gutted though as that gives me goosebumps when I see it :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Bobo
07-04-2013, 10:27 PM
Can't believe the amount of folk who are happy to accept playing one up front :confused: Fenlon's persistence with playing 4-5-1 is the reason we've failed miserably in so many games this season.

That formation should be ripped out of every training manual and discarded forever! Football is about scoring goals and taking the game to your opponent not having reservations about your own ability by taking up a totally negative stance before a ball has even been kicked.

AlbertK86
07-04-2013, 10:30 PM
Hopefully the team he should have played yesterday:

Williams

Clancy Hanlon McPake McGivern

Harris Claros Thomson Cairney

Doyle Griffiths

That's the team for me

Mon the Hibs

gillythehibby
07-04-2013, 10:53 PM
Can't believe the amount of folk who are happy to accept playing one up front :confused: Fenlon's persistence with playing 4-5-1 is the reason we've failed miserably in so many games this season.

That formation should be ripped out of every training manual and discarded forever! Football is about scoring goals and taking the game to your opponent not having reservations about your own ability by taking up a totally negative stance before a ball has even been kicked.

Best post of the thread. Totally agree. Shocking formation unless really quick top class Midfield. Best left to the top sides and even at that a very negative line up. Back to basics and 4-4-2.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-04-2013, 10:56 PM
My team

4-4-1-1

Williams

Clancy Mcpake Hanlon Mcgivern

Wotherspoon Claros Thomson Harris

Cairney

Griffiths

I dont know who else can play RM so i put Spoony there, maybe Robertson instead but im not sure.

Lmc2105
07-04-2013, 11:17 PM
any tactic to support the striker would be ideal I would think. would like to see maybe caldwell support griffiths. whats happened to caldwell ... never on bench these days is he injured?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Judas Iscariot
08-04-2013, 07:13 AM

Calm down dear..

I'll reshuffle my 4-5-1 to...

Williams

Robertson Claros Thomson

Cairney Griffiths Harris

This..

Now it's a 4-3-3..

Barca stylee

Happy now?

:aok:

Bobo
08-04-2013, 08:36 AM
Calm down dear..

I'll reshuffle my 4-5-1 to...

Williams

Robertson Claros Thomson

Cairney Griffiths Harris

This..

Now it's a 4-3-3..

Barca stylee

Happy now?

:aok:

That's better, now don't let it happen again :greengrin

It wasn't particularly your line up I was highlighting it was any 4-5-1. We just don't have the quality to use it effectively.

Pat had a hard enough job to try and turn the team into something halfway competitive, he shot himself in the foot big time by persisting with such negative tactics IMO.

Judas Iscariot
08-04-2013, 10:01 AM
That's better, now don't let it happen again :greengrin

It wasn't particularly your line up I was highlighting it was any 4-5-1. We just don't have the quality to use it effectively.

Pat had a hard enough job to try and turn the team into something halfway competitive, he shot himself in the foot big time by persisting with such negative tactics IMO.

Good :greengrin

Funny how opinions vary so much, IMO, we don't have the quality to play 4-4-2, I think 4-5-1 is playing to our strengths, IF set up properly..

The problem being is PF doesn't set it up properly & it always comes across as more defensive rather than attack minded.

4-5-1 is a generic term for 4-2-3-1/4-3-3, as far as this Hbs team is concerned anyway!

It really needs our wide players to be on form and run at the oppsitions defence which we've just not been doing at all in the last few months.

Hopefully Harris & Cairney both start on Saturday as they like a run at defenders

DH1875
08-04-2013, 11:35 AM
Interesting but what I was really asking was, do we think Pat will set up for us to have a go or will he stick with the norm?

andrew70
08-04-2013, 11:42 AM
Williams
Harris Thomson Claros Cairney
Griffiths Handling

Subs:
Doyle, Robertson, Murdoch, Stevenson, Caldwell