PDA

View Full Version : Petrie/fenlon

hugo boss
07-04-2013, 07:24 AM
If am honest i don't think Fenlon will go if we get beat next week, Trying to be positive about next week and want us to win really badly but its not doing our club any good getting to a Scottish cup final and keep getting pumped because if we play the tic that's what will happen.

Lucius Apuleius
07-04-2013, 07:38 AM
If am honest i don't think Fenlon will go if we get beat next week, Trying to be positive about next week and want us to win really badly but its not doing our club any good getting to a Scottish cup final and keep getting pumped because if we play the tic that's what will happen.

Absolute crap. Of course it does our team good to get to cup finals. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then,

Carheenlea
07-04-2013, 07:39 AM
I agree. Just scrap our semi and give the Cup to the winners of Celtic v Dundee United,

hugo boss
07-04-2013, 07:42 AM
Absolute crap. Of course it does our team good to get to cup finals. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then, Our record speaks for itself mate....Theres no plan b from the management team if we get to the final which i hope we do...i don't think any of us can be confident of winning

Lucius Apuleius
07-04-2013, 07:47 AM
Our record speaks for itself mate....Theres no plan b from the management team if we get to the final which i hope we do...i don't think any of us can be confident of winning

that is not my issue. My issue is you said it is not doing us any good getting to finals. Absolute balderdash in my opinion.

Braids Hibby
07-04-2013, 07:49 AM
We will take care of Falkirk have no fear :)

hugo boss
07-04-2013, 07:51 AM
that is not my issue. My issue is you said it is not doing us any good getting to finals. Absolute balderdash in my opinion. Tell me what its doing great for the club??? forget the fact its half a day out for the fans until the 2nd half and the 200 grand you get if we are lucky.....

Titch
07-04-2013, 07:57 AM
Our record speaks for itself mate....Theres no plan b from the management team if we get to the final which i hope we do...i don't think any of us can be confident of winning

Against Celtic W 1 D 1 L 1

Lucius Apuleius
07-04-2013, 07:59 AM
Tell me what its doing great for the club??? forget the fact its half a day out for the fans until the 2nd half and the 200 grand you get if we are lucky.....

The small matter of the 200 k should be enough. A game in Europe? Profile raised? We have people on here saying we should be 2nd or 3rd every season and reaching at least semis because of the size of our club and you don't want us to reach finals. Sorry son you have totally confused me. Surely the point of supporting a football team is the hope that they do well. We cannot win the cup unless we are in the final and you don't want us to get there. If ever there was a face palm moment, this is it.

greenlex
07-04-2013, 07:59 AM
Fenlon should be judged at the end of next season.

J-C
07-04-2013, 08:00 AM

And you 're positive Celtic will win their semi, I think Dundee U will have a say in that, in a one off game anything can happen.

AFKA5814_Hibs
07-04-2013, 08:01 AM

I've only seen Hibs in 2 SC Finals, but we've lost 8 SC Semi Finals in that time. The more Cup Finals we get to, the more chance we have of winning the Cup. Celtic and Rangers have won more Cup's than anybody else, but I bet they've also lost more Cup Finals than anybody as well. It will do the club a lot of good getting to the Cup Final. I would have taken 7 more humpings in Finals, to have won the other 1. :greengrin

BTW, last season, Hearts beat Celtic in the Semi Final, but played them 2 months before and 1 month after that game and lost 9-0 on aggregate. There is no certainly in anything. :wink:

green day
07-04-2013, 08:01 AM
Tell me what its doing great for the club??? forget the fact its half a day out for the fans until the 2nd half and the 200 grand you get if we are lucky.....

Liverpool v Wimbledon, Killie v Celtic, St Mirren v Hearts

Favourites dont always win, if we are not at the final, we have no chance of winning - if we are there, we do - simple?

Add to that the possibility of European football and the cash that brings - what its doing for the club is pretty obvious unless you are stupid.

Pretty Boy
07-04-2013, 08:30 AM
Fenlon should be judged at the end of next season.

And if our first 20 games of next season go in a similat way to our last 20 played?

We'd be well adrift at the bottom. Still give him until the end.of the season?

JimBHibees
07-04-2013, 08:37 AM
And if our first 20 games of next season go in a similat way to our last 20 played?

He should certainly get to Xmas. Personally dont understand why we have been so bad recently as thought we looked good in both the United away and Killie cup games. Wish he wouldnt keep switching the midfield and personally would go with a central 3 of Claros/Thomson/Robertson until the end of the season as feel it provides better balance. One thing is for sure defensively we are poor however the Clancy/Mcpake/Hanlon/McGivern is the best we have and we should persist. Would start with Harris and Cairney wide or even play Handling who I think has been underused recently certainly should have got 15/20 against ICT and probably yesterday also.

Ray_
07-04-2013, 09:55 AM

The fact that money will be generated by the final itself and provided the season ticket and cup final ticket scheme is used again, that'll again sell season tickets that some supporters wouldn't have taken. More money generated for the club is good, irrespective of what Celtic might do to us & it'll give Petrie & Co more cash to waste.

Mikey
07-04-2013, 10:02 AM
Absolute crap. Of course it does our team good to get to cup finals. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then,

It's the very attitude that guys like this moan about the board, manager and players having :agree:

marinello59
07-04-2013, 10:07 AM

We can only win trophies by getting to finals. Whether we feel confident or not is neither here nor there. We have a chance in any one off game.

SMAXXA
07-04-2013, 10:19 AM

What if our first 20 games go in a similar way to our first 20 games this season.

Sir David Gray
07-04-2013, 10:30 AM

Unbelievable.

That's certainly the first time I've heard anyone say that getting to a Scottish Cup final is actually a bad thing for the club!

How strange!

J-C
07-04-2013, 11:00 AM
Unbelievable.

That's certainly the first time I've heard anyone say that getting to a Scottish Cup final is actually a bad thing for the club!

How strange!

You're missing the point, he's saying that all it does is cover over the facts that we are still a fairly poor team, cup run great, league form gash.

blackpoolhibs
07-04-2013, 11:03 AM
You're missing the point, he's saying that all it does is cover over the facts that we are still a fairly poor team, cup run great, league form gash.

He's wrong though, it helps us 100% evolve as a club.

greenlex
07-04-2013, 11:05 AM

We would only be adrift if there isnt another team with a worse record and everyone else is miles ahead. Yes till the end of the season.

Pretty Boy
07-04-2013, 11:23 AM
What if our first 20 games go in a similar way to our first 20 games this season.

I'd be delighted.

However all the same stuff was said about Hughes. He had proven he could do what was needed by the start he made, needed the summer window, needed time, had to get the team back playing his way etc. We started the next season as we had finished the last one and a manager was brought in in poor circumstances, unbelievably we did.the same again with that particular clown. Maybe it will be 3rd time lucky, i'm far from convinced.

DH1875
07-04-2013, 12:52 PM
We would only be adrift if there isnt another team with a worse record and everyone else is miles ahead. Yes till the end of the season. Dundee won't be in the league next season ;)

Onion
07-04-2013, 03:37 PM
We can only win trophies by getting to finals. Whether we feel confident or not is neither here nor there. We have a chance in any one off game.

:agree: sooner be in the Final than not as eventually even Hibs will stumble across the line someday, surely...

My issue with Hibs at the moment (and over the last few years) is that they've managed to do really well in the Cup but completely bottled it when it really matters. Yam semi, Yam Final are the two worst examples imaginable. So called "smaller clubs" have given a better account of themselves in SC Finals. As it stands, you could see Falkirk giving Celtic/DUFC a better run for their money - less pressure and you know their players will give 100%, compete for every 50/50 and leave it all on the park. Sadly you could see this current Hibs team folding before they even step out onto the park for a final v Celtic. I wouldn't have said that in October when they were sweating blood to win/save games, but over the last few months they've gone back to being mentally weak.

Tricla
07-04-2013, 04:22 PM

Drivel

offshorehibby
07-04-2013, 04:34 PM
It's going to give me hopefully 2 cracking days out, something to look forward too and the excitement that the build up to hopefully a final will bring.
And lets no forget the added income a final will bring a chance a Europe

That'll do for me - roll on Saturday