PDA

View Full Version : Time for fans to show a bit of backbone

JimBHibees
07-04-2013, 06:42 AM
We are on a very poor run we all get it however we are 6 days before a massive game which can change the perception of the whole season. The amount of yam trolls and told you so's (you know the ones never seen when we win) on this board is incredible. Is it too much for fans to show a bit of resilience for once and fully get behind the team this week for a game which to me is even given the respective form of the teams and could swing on small things like the quality of the support on Saturday.

Time for us to get behind the team and be the 12th man at Hampden.

marinello59
07-04-2013, 06:56 AM
The fans will be out in numbers again next week giving the team a decent backing just like they did at Kilmarnock. Questioning their backbone seems a bit harsh.

Craig_in_Prague
07-04-2013, 07:33 AM
Time for the players & management to step up!!

JimBHibees
07-04-2013, 07:46 AM

As well no doubt.

The Voice Of Reason
07-04-2013, 07:49 AM
The fans will be out in numbers again next week giving the team a decent backing just like they did at Kilmarnock. Questioning their backbone seems a bit harsh.

You beat me to it !

The Voice Of Reason
07-04-2013, 07:50 AM

It certainly is :agree:

Braids Hibby
07-04-2013, 07:51 AM
We are all in this together on Saturday we need a united front. GGTTH.

ronaldo7
07-04-2013, 07:53 AM

:agree::flag:

JimBHibees
07-04-2013, 07:53 AM

Nail on head we need excellent support and unity this Saturday.

The Voice Of Reason
07-04-2013, 07:56 AM

Agreed Jim :agree:

Braids Hibby
07-04-2013, 07:57 AM

Exactly it's the only way.

Pretty Boy
07-04-2013, 08:16 AM
The fans will turn up on Saturday. The majority of the time we do on the big ocassion even when deep down we know we are going to struggle.

This saturday we Shouldn't struggle and the fans should be entitled to turn up thinking we will win. It's up to the players to show a bit backbone. Frankly a few of them don't deserve the support they have had from the majoritu over the last few months.

clerriehibs
07-04-2013, 08:25 AM
we are on a very poor run we all get it however we are 6 days before a massive game which can change the perception of the whole season. The amount of yam trolls and told you so's (you know the ones never seen when we win) on this board is incredible. Is it too much for fans to show a bit of resilience for once and fully get behind the team this week for a game which to me is even given the respective form of the teams and could swing on small things like the quality of the support on saturday.

Time for us to get behind the team and be the 12th man at hampden.

this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TornadoHibby
07-04-2013, 08:33 AM
As well no doubt.

If they don't there's little point in the fans bothering to turn up then surely! :rolleyes:

lord bunberry
07-04-2013, 10:15 AM
I can't wait for next week. For me the Scottish cup games are the games I look forward to more than any others. I expect us to turn up in huge numbers and I expect the team to show us what they did against killie. And I also expect to get really drunk and not remember getting home

Franck Stanton
07-04-2013, 10:47 AM
The fans will turn up on Saturday. The majority of the time we do on the big ocassion even when deep down we know we are going to struggle.

This saturday we Shouldn't struggle and the fans should be entitled to turn up thinking we will win. It's up to the players to show a bit backbone. Frankly a few of them don't deserve the support they have had from the majoritu over the last few months.

Correct, we as Hibs fans have shown a lot more backbone than the imposters currently masquarading as Hibs players.

Just take last years S/C final as an example, if the two teams had performed to the same level as their respective support did, then the scoreline would have been reversed. Each and EVERY time we get to Hampden , we, the supporters do our part and are let down BIG TIME by the team, - Livingston/Dunfermline/Dundee Unt games immediately spring to mind -- that's not even counting THAT final.
So for the o/p to say it is time the FANS showed some backbone, is, in my opinion, way off the mark ---- in fact, it is THE TEAM that needs to stand up and be counted, show some pride in the jersey, be proffessional and beat a team from a lower division and rescue what , on the whole , has been a poor season.

Mikey
07-04-2013, 10:49 AM
Each and EVERY time we get to Hampden , we, the supporters do our part and are let down BIG TIME by the team

Where was last season's semi final played? Or does that not count?

blackpoolhibs
07-04-2013, 10:53 AM
Personally i think our support have been very good this season, although i do sense a turn in the atmosphere and mindset of quite a few.

We can make a difference next week, and hopefully we will get right behind them from the 1st minute. Even if we go a goal behind, they will need us even more, so lets back them and not criticise them during the game.

We as a support should give 100% and hope the team do the same.:aok:

The Voice Of Reason
07-04-2013, 11:21 AM
Personally i think our support have been very good this season, although i do sense a turn in the atmosphere and mindset of quite a few.

We can make a difference next week, and hopefully we will get right behind them from the 1st minute. Even if we go a goal behind, they will need us even more, so lets back them and not criticise them during the game.

We as a support should give 100% and hope the team do the same.:aok:

I agree BH - I think the support have been brilliant this season :agree:

The "turn in atmosphere" is simply due to the abysmal performances and results for quite some time now. We are dropping quicker than a whore's drawers. On top of that, the manager's selections, decisions and formation are questionable...............and because we are losing they are under severe scrutiny.

Nothing new to be fair - it is a results based business. :agree:

silverhibee
07-04-2013, 11:57 AM
We are on a very poor run we all get it however we are 6 days before a massive game which can change the perception of the whole season. The amount of yam trolls and told you so's (you know the ones never seen when we win) on this board is incredible. Is it too much for fans to show a bit of resilience for once and fully get behind the team this week for a game which to me is even given the respective form of the teams and could swing on small things like the quality of the support on Saturday.

The biggest improvement this season has been the fans Jim, no heckling or booing at players this season, wee have backed and got behind the team this season and that won't change on Saturday for the semi final, the fans will get behind the players and give them our support even before the game has started like we have all season.

The Hibs fans i am sure will turn up at Hampden and do there job, just lets hope the team we support turn up too and give us a memorable day out in May in the final, it's not the fans we need to worry about next Saturday.

Weir7
07-04-2013, 11:59 AM

You right its all hibs fans fault.

Time for fenlon to play attacking passing fitba

Weir7
07-04-2013, 12:01 PM

Hibs don't deserve the support they have

Keith_M
07-04-2013, 12:06 PM

Sorry if I sound a dimwit but I don't get your point :confused:

FWIW, the OP is only trying to rouse the troops, nothing wrong in that.

Come the day, we will get behind the team, we usually do. I just hope that we have both the backing of the fans and a team worthy of that backing. Fingers crossed.

:flag:

monktonharp
07-04-2013, 12:18 PM
Time for the players & management to step up!!as I feel, when I read the OP. don't accuse the Hibernian fans of ever not showing backbone. we have filled grounds, for years trying to support the team of the day/era to win the cup. countless times, including a few finals , I have felt that various teams of HFC and various players have either froze on the day, or expected to just turn up,added to the fact that several have not given their all to the cause.there have been countless players that did not have the bottle,or couldnae gie a flying fiddler's f,and far too many that did not recognise the feelings of the fans, regarding this particular cup. despite our current slump,and despite the last couple of great results for our opponents, despite their new manager who already has a Scottish cup winner's medal, we the fans and the club should be going in to this game thinking of getting the correct result.I will be there, and the thousands of other Hibs fans will be there to try and lift the team . hope the players are of the same mindset.

hibee19
07-04-2013, 02:35 PM

Its time for the management and players to show some backbone, unless 11 of us are going to be starting at Hampden it doesn't really matter. Hibs fan have always and always will back the team every game but its more than reasonable to be unhappy with what we are seeing.

Fenlon and each and every one of those players should be feeling the pressure and playing for their Hibs careers on Saturday, losing isn't acceptable.

JimBHibees
07-04-2013, 02:43 PM

Yeah that what I said right enough all I am saying is that on Saturday in a game when it could go either way we need to back the team as much as possible as our big support should be an advantage.

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-04-2013, 02:46 PM
Yeah that what I said right enough all I am saying is that on Saturday in a game when it could go either way we need to back the team as much as possible as our big support should be an advantage.

I really think you are getting confused with folk letting off steam on here and what the Hibs support is normally like for a big game at Hampden, see last years final as a prime example, I think its the players you need to be concerned about not the fans.

DH1875
07-04-2013, 02:57 PM
Time for fenlon to play attacking passing fitba Thing is, wouldn't put it past him to hit us with this 10 men behind the ball, hoof ball crap. With their agening defence and the wide Hampden pitch we should be down their throats from the off. Really should be winning this about 3-0 but if we're gonna go about things the way we have been, Falkirk could beat us.

Mikey
07-04-2013, 03:03 PM
Each and EVERY time we get to Hampden , we, the supporters do our part and are let down BIG TIME by the team

Sorry if I sound a dimwit but I don't get your point :confused:

Looks pretty straightforward to me :dunno:

DH1875
07-04-2013, 03:09 PM
Yeah that what I said right enough all I am saying is that on Saturday in a game when it could go either way we need to back the team as much as possible as our big support should be an advantage. See this is what is starting to get at me. A game that could go either way? It's Falkirk FFS. Even if we only turned up with one man and his dug as a support we should be beating them. As it turns out we'll have 16k+ at the game, getting behind the team and IF we get beat every last one of them will be justified to have a go a Pat, Rod or who ever the duck they want.

CropleyWasGod
07-04-2013, 03:10 PM
See this is what is starting to get at me. A game that could go either way? It's Falkirk FFS. Even if we only turned up with one man and his dug as a support we should be beating them. As it turns out we'll have 16k+ at the game, getting behind the team and IF we get beat every last one of them will be justified to have a go a Pat, Rod or who ever the duck they want.

It's Hibs at Hampden. :wink:

Hibercelona
07-04-2013, 03:10 PM
The fans WILL back the team, the fans always back the team.

But will the team back the fans by giving them what they deserve for a change?

Keith_M
07-04-2013, 03:31 PM
Looks pretty straightforward to me :dunno:

Ah, I get you now. I didn't realise you were pointing out that we actually WON last year's semi, I thought you were commenting on the backing of the supporters.

See, I said I was a dimwit :greengrin

JimBHibees
07-04-2013, 07:28 PM
See this is what is starting to get at me. A game that could go either way? It's Falkirk FFS. Even if we only turned up with one man and his dug as a support we should be beating them. As it turns out we'll have 16k+ at the game, getting behind the team and IF we get beat every last one of them will be justified to have a go a Pat, Rod or who ever the duck they want.

Who at this moment will be playing as well as we are.

08-04-2013, 08:56 AM

Totally agree :agree:

A large and loud hibs support on saturday is essential and hopefully we can lift the players to the final! Will be a tough game, Falkirk may be a division 1 side but we have played like a division 1 side lately so will be a very tough game so we need to be right behind them the full 90 mins!

:pfgwa

Hainan Hibs
08-04-2013, 09:20 AM
Time for the FANS to show a bit of backbone?

The fans have shown enough time after time after time. It's time for the team to do so.

GreenCastle
08-04-2013, 09:32 AM
Ok we all agree it's time for the team to show some backbone - Fenlon and co if your reading this please repay the fans.

I can't wait for Saturday - going to be tough but if we get to the final we deserve it with the run we have had so far. (yams / sheep and Killie) :aok:

JimBHibees
08-04-2013, 09:48 AM
Time for the FANS to show a bit of backbone?

The fans have shown enough time after time after time. It's time for the team to do so.

I think I should have worded the OP better and it should have said resilience rather than backbone as Saturday will likely be a roller coaster game and it is vital IMO for all Hibs fans to support the team as best we can rather than getting on their back if they dont score early or go behind.

marinello59
08-04-2013, 09:52 AM
I think I should have worded the OP better and it should have said resilience rather than backbone as Saturday will likely be a roller coaster game and it is vital IMO for all Hibs fans to support the team as best we can rather than getting on their back if they dont score early or go behind.

Fair enough JimB. Nothing wrong with the sentiment expressed there. :thumbsup:
I:hibees:hibees:hibees:flag:

davym7062
08-04-2013, 10:03 AM

bang on jimmy boy :flag::flag::flag: