PDA

View Full Version : What would the SPL Table look like if Rangers hadn't been replaced by Dundee.

Keith_M
06-04-2013, 08:05 PM
OK, I realise it's impossible to tell what their results would have been but...

I thought it would be interesting to see the table if the points gained by every team against Dundee this season were replaced by that clubs points gained against Rangers last season. I thought this would be a good time, the last game before the split, as everyone has now played each other three times.

One proviso: As Ross County weren't in the SPL last season, I awarded them the same results against Rangers as they actually gained against Celtc, i.e. On Win, One Draw and One Defeat.

OK, here's the table, with number of points added/removed and the teams in the position they would be with those points. (Rangers are well clear, with the points they had after 33 games last season)

Team
+/-

Rangers

Celtic

Motherwell

Kilmarnock

Inverness CT

St Johnstone

Ross County

Dundee Utd

Hearts

Hibernian

St Mirren

Aberdeen

jgl07
07-04-2013, 12:49 AM
Given Rangers' abysmal form this season in both Division Three and Cup competitions, it would probably look as it is but with Rangers replacing Dundee in lat place!

Keith_M
07-04-2013, 11:52 AM
Given Rangers' abysmal form this season in both Division Three and Cup competitions, it would probably look as it is but with Rangers replacing Dundee in lat place!

True, with the team they currently have :greengrin

My main motivation in producing the tabel/statistics was that there was a bit of discussion on whether Rangers meltdown and subsequent replacement by Dundee had made a difference to the number of points clubs had gained this season. The truth is that (leaving Ross County out of the equation) 8 from 10 clubs have quite a number more points than they did last year (strangely enough, Killie did better against Rangers than Dundee!).

One other thing, looking at that table, is how lucky Hibs should regard themselves that Rangers WERE replaced by Dundee, or we'd be most likely fighting relegation in the next five games.

vanNISHtelroy
07-04-2013, 12:37 PM
The truth is that (leaving Ross County out of the equation) 8 from 10 clubs have quite a number more points than they did last year (strangely enough, Killie did better against Rangers than Dundee!)..

Beat Rangers home and away last season....managed an amazing home and away 0-0 and a defeat at home to Dundee!

Keith_M
07-04-2013, 12:50 PM
Beat Rangers home and away last season....managed an amazing home and away 0-0 and a defeat at home to Dundee!

It maybe partly explains your Chairman's views on allowing the Zombies into the SPL :greengrin

vanNISHtelroy
07-04-2013, 01:08 PM
It maybe partly explains your Chairman's views on allowing the Zombies into the SPL :greengrin

:wink:

At least after yesterday we are now no longer the only team not to get a goal against Dundee.....YAY makes up for missing out on the top six when you think about it! :greengrin