PDA

View Full Version : We're in the Scottish cup semi final

CallumLaidlaw
06-04-2013, 07:34 PM
Ok, the league is dissapointing, but maybe we should focus on the fact that we have a winnable semi final next week with 15,000+ Hibees cheering our boys on. We could be 1 game from Europe. Lets have some positive build up and actually look FORWARD to this game.

IberianHibernian
06-04-2013, 08:22 PM
If we make the final will it be first time we`ve reached successive finals ? Maybe 2 successive defeats in 1920s or defeat before/after one of our wins ? Whatever , a huge game for club next week in many ways .

down-the-slope
06-04-2013, 08:29 PM
Looking forward to trip to Hampden - I enjoyed last years semi no end (in fact I enjoyed weekend at Final as well until about 3.15pm on the Saturday)

I'm not going to spoil my week leading up to it getting all worked up over what might come after - thats will take care of itself / be another day...until then there is a semi to be played for and a great day out to be had....not had enough of these in almost 30 years supporting my team so :flag:

The prospect of getting to a final ...maybe more...and also Europe potential and a wee trip over seas will keep me hoping in the meantime

dutchhibby
06-04-2013, 10:55 PM
i cant bring myself to hype up this semi final

alexhibs
06-04-2013, 11:57 PM
Ok, the league is dissapointing, but maybe we should focus on the fact that we have a winnable semi final next week with 15,000+ Hibees cheering our boys on. We could be 1 game from Europe. Lets have some positive build up and actually look FORWARD to this game.

Europe aye great, mare humpings

Aldo
06-04-2013, 11:59 PM
Looking forward to trip to Hampden - I enjoyed last years semi no end (in fact I enjoyed weekend at Final as well until about 3.15pm on the Saturday)

I'm not going to spoil my week leading up to it getting all worked up over what might come after - thats will take care of itself / be another day...until then there is a semi to be played for and a great day out to be had....not had enough of these in almost 30 years supporting my team so :flag:

The prospect of getting to a final ...maybe more...and also Europe potential and a wee trip over seas will keep me hoping in the meantime

Well said.

Liberal Hibby
07-04-2013, 12:01 AM
If we make the final will it be first time we`ve reached successive finals ? Maybe 2 successive defeats in 1920s or defeat before/after one of our wins ? Whatever , a huge game for club next week in many ways .

No - we managed to lose consecutive finals in the 1920s (1923 and 1924?) and I fear Airdrie beat us both times.

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-04-2013, 12:04 AM

Most of my most enjoyable times as a Hibby have been spent on these trips. 1 a season would do me, they are magic! :agree:

BarneyBreslin
07-04-2013, 12:12 AM

Who have we got in the draw likes?

alexhibs
07-04-2013, 12:30 AM
Who have we got in the draw likes?

Does it matter?

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-04-2013, 12:35 AM
Does it matter?

Aye it matters, I'd much prefer to go back to Ukraine than get drawn against some EPL pish! :greengrin

alexhibs
07-04-2013, 12:50 AM
Aye it matters, I'd much prefer to go back to Ukraine than get drawn against some EPL pish! :greengrin

Epl pish would destroy us too

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-04-2013, 01:49 AM
You just don't get it do you? Some of us quite enjoy these trips. :party:

JimBHibees
07-04-2013, 06:33 AM

Completely agree it is a massive game and have no doubt we are not favourites going into this given the form of both teams. PF has had some of his best performances in the cup so hopefully we can get a Killie away show on Saturday. It is now an even game where both have a chance of winning and getting to the final and probably Europe.

JimBHibees
07-04-2013, 06:35 AM

They didnt destroy the mutants earlier in the season so whose to say we couldnt do the same.

Niffy
07-04-2013, 07:06 AM
Falkirk will be seeing Saturday as an easy road to Europe.

BoltonHibee
07-04-2013, 07:09 AM
Falkirk will be seeing Saturday as an easy road to Europe.

Maybe not easy, but certainly the most likely of the opponents they could have faced.

They will have the smell of fear in their nostrils emanating from Leith

iwasthere1972
07-04-2013, 07:44 AM
Most of my most enjoyable times as a Hibby have been spent on these trips. 1 a season would do me, they are magic! :agree:

Are you including the Intertoto Cup as there haven't been too many in the time you have supported Hibs in your time as an adult.

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-04-2013, 10:40 AM
I am indeed, the games only last 90 mins out of the trips though. Obviously a victory on the pitch is the preferred option, I didnae enjoy myself any less in Dnipro than I did in say Daugavpils though just 'cos we lost.

blackpoolhibs
07-04-2013, 10:46 AM

:agree:

Big_Franck
07-04-2013, 10:52 AM
Maybe not easy, but certainly the most likely of the opponents they could have faced.

They will have the smell of fear in their nostrils emanating from Leith

Fear? We have no reason whatsoever to fear Falkirk. Respect, yes, but not fear. They are a half decent first division side, but nothing more than that. If we play as we have in the cup this year we'll beat them. If our support is as good as it has been in every cup game this season we'll beat them, i'm sure of that.

Looking forward to Saturday already :pfgwa

Franck Stanton
07-04-2013, 10:54 AM
Don't get this "win on Saturday and we are in Europe" nonsense, - just when did Celtic win their semi ? I am sure Dundee Unt will have a major say in that little matter. Talk about counting your chickens........

Alfred E Newman
07-04-2013, 11:00 AM

Just like the Scottish pish.

BoltonHibee
07-04-2013, 11:04 AM
Fear? We have no reason whatsoever to fear Falkirk. Respect, yes, but not fear. They are a half decent first division side, but nothing more than that. If we play as we have in the cup this year we'll beat them. If our support is as good as it has been in every cup game this season we'll beat them, i'm sure of that.

Looking forward to Saturday already :pfgwa

Well hopefully we don't line up like a scared side, hopefully the players don't go out there scared, I'm not convinced, Falkirk will be confident.

I don't question the fans part in all this, if we lose it wont be because of our fans

Aldo
07-04-2013, 11:16 AM
For me it's about going out there and do what your paid to do.... Win football matches.

For me nowt to be scared of.

HibernianJK
07-04-2013, 11:57 AM
why the **** are we scared of falkirk? we should be goin into this game thing we are capable of winning. we have the better players. give up the ****ing negative attitude it's boring now

Hibernia Na Eir
07-04-2013, 12:05 PM
looking forward to Saturday. another big day out. I'm thinkin Hibs are gonna whip the Stirlingshire lot :)

Onion
07-04-2013, 12:48 PM
looking forward to Saturday. another big day out. I'm thinkin Hibs are gonna whip the Stirlingshire lot :)

We need the players to think that too ! After the Killie game, I was full of hope. It was a fantastic performance and great atmosphere. The players looked like they were on a mission. A few week later and the players give the impression they've already given up on the season and have no hope of winning it with Celtic in the way (and maybe another drubbing on the cards).

IMHO Hibs will win on Sat ONLY if the players WANT it more than Falkirk AND they think they actually have a chance of beating Celtic or DUFC in the final. Anything less, any doubts about that, and we'll lose.