PDA

View Full Version : Celtic policing and stewards

JohnStephens91
06-04-2013, 07:03 PM
Anyone told off by police or stewards inside or outside the ground for something petty? If so state your 'crime' here.

I was told off inside the stadium for shouting that the referee needed his eyes tested after Harris won a tackle and a foul was given against him.

I would also like to give an dishonourable mention to the jobsworth stewards that wouldn't let Sparky over to the fans or to see his child at full-time.

Baldy Foghorn
06-04-2013, 07:05 PM
The policemen I had contact with Today, were all good humoured and had no problems at all....

One even joked with me outside, that I looked unhappy with team at full time.....

Chuck Rhoades
06-04-2013, 07:12 PM
Better than usual. The usual rub down though.

FoCUS on show, good way to spend OUR money.

DanTheMan
07-04-2013, 10:21 PM
Anyone told off by police or stewards inside or outside the ground for something petty? If so state your 'crime' here.

I was told off inside the stadium for shouting that the referee needed his eyes tested after Harris won a tackle and a foul was given against him.

I would also like to give an dishonourable mention to the jobsworth stewards that wouldn't let Sparky over to the fans or to see his child at full-time.

Seen a guy a few rows in front of me wearing the yellow strip getting a telling of by the polis for shouting, not at the Celtic fans but aT the referee I think. Was that you?

JohnStephens91
08-04-2013, 12:02 AM
Seen a guy a few rows in front of me wearing the yellow strip getting a telling of by the polis for shouting, not at the Celtic fans but aT the referee I think. Was that you?

Haha yeah that was yours truly. I heard similar coming from people around me at the same time and a guy before me got a warning too. The Celtic fans were getting away with abusing the Hibs fans which was pretty bad as any noise from us resulted in someone being told off.

HIBERNIAN-0762
08-04-2013, 07:00 AM
It has always been the same at games with the old firm, they let home supporters away with sectarian bile and abuse but it's too easy to wade in to an away support to make arrests, typical weegie polis, I've had a couple of run in's with them many years ago and ended up making them look stupid, which they are anyway.

08-04-2013, 08:48 AM
It has always been the same at games with the old firm, they let home supporters away with sectarian bile and abuse but it's too easy to wade in to an away support to make arrests, typical weegie polis, I've had a couple of run in's with them many years ago and ended up making them look stupid, which they are anyway.

:agree:

One of the reasons I very seldom go to Ibrox or Parkhead, treat the away support like animals. Many of my mates who do regularly go to these grounds have had run in's with them over extremely petty things, harmless things that are not out of the ordinary for football fans, yet the home support can wave their union jacks/tricolours etc and sing their sectratian nonsense without so much as a warning.

JohnStephens91
08-04-2013, 11:12 AM
:agree:

One of the reasons I very seldom go to Ibrox or Parkhead, treat the away support like animals. Many of my mates who do regularly go to these grounds have had run in's with them over extremely petty things, harmless things that are not out of the ordinary for football fans, yet the home support can wave their union jacks/tricolours etc and sing their sectratian nonsense without so much as a warning.

I was there in September when we drew 2-2 and the stewards were fine then. This time though they were telling a good few supporters off for shouting things at the players and the referee. All this was happening while inbred toothless spangles were shouting abuse at the away fans and was completely ignored by the stewards and the police. Total joke.