PDA

View Full Version : We have a Scottish Cup semi final a week today, and Fenlon will still be in charge.

Diclonius
06-04-2013, 06:17 PM
So, what's more important? Drumming up yet more ill feeling and negativity in the face of one of the most important games in our recent history, or getting behind the team?

Regardless of our views on Fenlon the most important thing this week is building as much of a positive atmosphere as we can for the semi final. The way things are going at the moment, we'll have the game lost before the team even take to the field.

Let's leave speculation about the manager to after the game.

Sir David Gray
06-04-2013, 06:18 PM
Agreed.

Baldy Foghorn
06-04-2013, 06:20 PM
So, what's more important? Drumming up yet more ill feeling and negativity in the face of one of the most important games in our recent history, or getting behind the team?

Regardless of our views on Fenlon the most important thing this week is building as much of a positive atmosphere as we can for the semi final. The way things are going at the moment, we'll have the game lost before the team even take to the field.

It's PF's job to get the best out of his players......He better get working hard on that ethos this week....

Onceinawhile
06-04-2013, 06:22 PM

Let's leave speculaion about the manager to after the game.

Good post. I would also add that should we win the semi final , that all chat as such is put on the back burner until after the final.

Elephant Stone
06-04-2013, 06:23 PM
Hear, hear.

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-04-2013, 06:24 PM
Folk are just blowing off steam. Wait 'til around about midweek and it'll have settled down a bit.

A lot of people on here pre-Final managed to put all the moaning to one side (myself included) and get behind the team, not that it seemed to have any affect mind. I'm sure the same will happen this week (from an off the field point of view at least).

Pretty Boy
06-04-2013, 06:24 PM
We had a whole month of stoking up positive feeling before last years final.

The fans did our bit and PF and his **** tactics killed that within 20 minutes.

What the fans do is irrelevant this weeks, it's what the manager and players do that counts.

Green Fish
06-04-2013, 06:25 PM
We will turn up and give our unconditional support. I just hope our team turns up as Falkirk will fancy their chances.

C'Mon Hibs, make us proud, we'll be behind you all the way.:aok:

Pete
06-04-2013, 06:31 PM
Two games...that's all it is. We don't even have to win them in 90 minutes and one of them is against lower league opposition.

Today is forgotten about already and it's time to dream!

Craig_in_Prague
06-04-2013, 06:33 PM
Folks typing their feelings on here has no affect on the next game. The Hibs support IMO has been very good this season (considering what the club suffered in May) and also despite rather pish football on show.

Why dont we ever have a manager and team that are positive, show more desire than the other team and basically have a side no matter the score, fans can have a pint post match and feel comfertable with how the team is set up and performing.

We also seem below par on too many occasions. Never seem to get the most out of players.
If the answer is sticking with Pat then fine, but I can only envisage many more fans walking away.. another final loss then god forbid, it could prove more damaging than I fear.

Hiber-nation
06-04-2013, 06:36 PM

Makes absolutely no difference. All the ridiculous "manning up" on here before the Final last year was in vain. The support will be up for it on the day - let's hope the manager and players are up to the job.

Green Fish
06-04-2013, 06:37 PM
Who reckons if Petrie will have a wee talk to the team/manager this week before the SF.

He'll be banking on a final to get ST sales up for folk to ensure getting a ticket.

The Voice Of Reason
06-04-2013, 06:39 PM
Makes absolutely no difference. All the ridiculous "manning up" on here before the Final last year was in vain. The support will be up for it on the day - let's hope the manager and players are up to the job.

Spot on.

Alfred E Newman
06-04-2013, 06:43 PM

I would not worry about the supporters. They will be there in large numbers as usual, backing the team and hoping for the best. My worry would be the players, and the tactics.

Jonnyboy
06-04-2013, 06:45 PM
I would not worry about the supporters. They will be there in large numbers as usual, backing the team and hoping for the best. My worry would be the players, and the tactics.

:agree:

The Voice Of Reason
06-04-2013, 06:47 PM

Agreed.

Viva_Palmeiras
06-04-2013, 06:52 PM
Who reckons if Petrie will have a wee talk to the team/manager this week before the SF.

He'll be banking on a final to get ST sales up for folk to ensure getting a ticket.

Are you serious?

yeezus.
06-04-2013, 06:54 PM

:agree: huge game against Falkirk for Fenlon. You hit the nail on the head - we have to get behind the team for the semi final!