PDA

View Full Version : Terry butcher

hugo boss
06-04-2013, 06:10 PM
Could we get him if fenlon goes? am not calling for gaffers head just asking the question..not confident next week either oh the joys of being a hibby GGTTH:flag:

clerriehibs
06-04-2013, 06:36 PM
Could we get him if fenlon goes? am not calling for gaffers head just asking the question..not confident next week either oh the joys of being a hibby GGTTH:flag:

Jeez, if the infirm had been as weak-kneed as our fans (and team to a large extent), they'd have won a hell of a lot less than they have done over the years.

It's Falkirk, ffs. Let's get a winning mentality about our club. If we go into a match all meek (again) and humble (again) and not counting our chickens (again), we will lose.

It's Falkirk, ffs. How about a bit of swagger and "Leith expects"?!?!?!?!?

On Monday, I'm booking the day off work after the FINAL.

hibee19
06-04-2013, 06:43 PM
Jeez, if the infirm had been as weak-kneed as our fans (and team to a large extent), they'd have won a hell of a lot less than they have done over the years.

It's Falkirk, ffs. Let's get a winning mentality about our club. If we go into a match all meek (again) and humble (again) and not counting our chickens (again), we will lose.

On Monday, I'm booking the day off work after the FINAL.

It can hardly be described as a knee-jerk reaction when the frustration has been building over months.

clerriehibs
06-04-2013, 06:45 PM
It can hardly be described as a knee-jerk reaction when the frustration has been building over months.

Did I say that? :confused:

hugo boss
06-04-2013, 06:48 PM

On Monday, I'm booking the day off work after the FINAL. Its a public holiday on the monday after the final mate

clerriehibs
06-04-2013, 06:50 PM
Its a public holiday on the monday after the final mate

Maybe for you.

Braids Hibby
06-04-2013, 06:51 PM
Crikey lets give Pat a decent chance. Next weekend he will take us back to another final. Keep the faith.

tartanhibee
06-04-2013, 07:40 PM
So if we win the cup do you think the parade will be Sunday or the Monday if its a public holiday?

Speedway
06-04-2013, 08:02 PM
Fenlon OUT etc etc

gegs70
06-04-2013, 11:47 PM
Weve made quite a few managerial mistakes fenlon at least has steadied the ship from sinking....on a limited budget...he has liam craig coming i. He is starting to play a few more youngsters and a few more players will go in the summer, possibly. Semi final next weeks lets just see what happens??

Aldo
07-04-2013, 12:04 AM
Blah blah blah we're Pish.... Blah blah blah.... Fenlon out.

I'll tell you what can all you negative thinking/posting gits just bloody well stop it for the next week.

If you've got nothing positive to post then don't. Can we not just have a week of supporting the team with positive thoughts and gearing up for the SC semi next Sat.

It shall be a very good occasion with an excellent Hibs support. The game will not be easy but I am more than certain we will be up for this and we will win.

GG

Emerald
07-04-2013, 12:49 AM
Blah blah blah we're Pish.... Blah blah blah.... Fenlon out.

I'll tell you what can all you negative thinking/posting gits just bloody well stop it for the next week.

If you've got nothing positive to post then don't. Can we not just have a week of supporting the team with positive thoughts and gearing up for the SC semi next Sat.

It shall be a very good occasion with an excellent Hibs support. The game will not be easy but I am more than certain we will be up for this and we will win.

GG

I think all the negative poster (including me) will be well up for the semi. We all want Hibs to win and I'll be giving them the best backing I can. I'm looking forward to it very much and hope we can progress. I also think we are failing under Fenlon but that doesn't mean me or any other negative posters want our team to get beat next week. Everyone on here is a Hibs supporter and regardless of their posts, all want hibs to do well.

HoboHarry
07-04-2013, 01:03 AM
The irony of this thread is breathtaking but will fly right over the heads of the hysterical bed-wetters who pollute these threads. The repeated calls for Terry Butcher to replace Pat Fenlon are simply absurd. How many threads will be started by those who want PF out because he has failed to get us into the top 6? Those same bed-wetters will of course choose to ignore the fact that Caley were relegated under the charge of Terry Butcher. Butcher has Caley going well this season because he has been given the time to build a team over a number of years. A luxury we would do well to afford Pat Fenlon. Cue all the bangers telling me I am wrong and it's only because they care about Hibs etc etc blah blah blah.........

lucky
07-04-2013, 01:22 AM
Fenlon must win the semi or its curtains for him. As a club we continue to under achieve. Back to back cup finals will not save him. PF will only survive with a cup win

Hibercelona
07-04-2013, 02:24 AM
I think all the negative poster (including me) will be well up for the semi. We all want Hibs to win and I'll be giving them the best backing I can. I'm looking forward to it very much and hope we can progress. I also think we are failing under Fenlon but that doesn't mean me or any other negative posters want our team to get beat next week. Everyone on here is a Hibs supporter and regardless of their posts, all want hibs to do well.

Indeed.

There seems to be an idea on here that if you say anything negative towards the club, its because you don't want the club to do well.

I really hope we can pull it off next weekend and get to another final. But thinking about it logically, I just don't see how thats going to happen. The club has shown us nothing to suggest that they'll even bother to turn up.

lord bunberry
07-04-2013, 02:27 AM
Fenlon must win the semi or its curtains for him. As a club we continue to under achieve. Back to back cup finals will not save him. PF will only survive with a cup win

I think your wrong, if we get to the cup final I think fenlon will rightly get the chance to continue next season. A cup final will mean season ticket sales will be good next season and the fans won't turn on fenlon if we're in the final and that's petrie's main two reasons for sacking a manager

NOLA
07-04-2013, 02:49 AM
I think your wrong, if we get to the cup final I think fenlon will rightly get the chance to continue next season. A cup final will mean season ticket sales will be good next season and the fans won't turn on fenlon if we're in the final and that's petrie's main two reasons for sacking a manager

You think season ticket sales will be good for next season on the back of us reaching the cup final again? I seriously doubt that. Anyway let's make the final first ;)

lord bunberry
07-04-2013, 03:07 AM
You think season ticket sales will be good for next season on the back of us reaching the cup final again? I seriously doubt that. Anyway let's make the final first ;)

I think the club will sell season tickets by guaranteeing a cup final ticket

Sproule Three
07-04-2013, 03:10 AM

I'm a Sydney FC ST holder. Butcher was totally loathed by the fans and was an absolute disaster in his tenure here. I'll avoid getting misty eyed at the thought of him at Hibs.

Forza Fred
07-04-2013, 04:40 AM
I'm a Sydney FC ST holder. Butcher was totally loathed by the fans and was an absolute disaster in his tenure here. I'll avoid getting misty eyed at the thought of him at Hibs.

When Butcher was in Oz he lost the dressing room and was considered a neanderthal in his approach to football.

The players even took it upon themselves to organise an additional day's training that they had been given off, as they didnt think they wére being pushed anywhere near hard enough.

Exit Terry Butcher.

Tha above I admit, possibly says as much about the state fo Scottish football as it does about TB's managerial ability, but like Gary, i wont be 'putting out the bunting if Buitcher ever becomes our manager.

dutchhibby
07-04-2013, 04:54 PM
So if we win the cup do you think the parade will be Sunday or the Monday if its a public holiday?

lets concentrate on the semi final 1st

:pfgwa:flag:
:pfgwa:flag:

ruthven_raiders
07-04-2013, 07:13 PM

As I've posted on another thread its an Edinburgh holiday the week before and a Glasgow holiday the day after the final, so don't have a clue if the parade will be next day or not hope its the Monday as it will give more time to celebrate lol but will have to take my son out of school if that's the case.

tamig
07-04-2013, 07:22 PM
When Butcher was in Oz he lost the dressing room and was considered a neanderthal in his approach to football.

The players even took it upon themselves to organise an additional day's training that they had been given off, as they didnt think they wére being pushed anywhere near hard enough.

Exit Terry Butcher.

Tha above I admit, possibly says as much about the state fo Scottish football as it does about TB's managerial ability, but like Gary, i wont be 'putting out the bunting if Buitcher ever becomes our manager.

As a matter of interest, did Butcher have Malpas with him while working in Oz?

Sproule Three
08-04-2013, 06:11 AM
As a matter of interest, did Butcher have Malpas with him while working in Oz?

Nope . I thought Backpass took over as manager at Motherwell when Butcher came to Australia.