PDA

View Full Version : Hearts at Easter Road for a third time in the league?

scoopyboy
06-04-2013, 05:01 PM
I would find that amusing.

We should get three games at home and two away post split.

Aberdeen and St. Mirren will be two of our home games but the third will mean one of Hearts, Killie or Dundee coming to ER for a third time this season.

:cb

scoopyboy
06-04-2013, 05:10 PM
if they make it Aberdeen/Dundee utd/st.mirren at home...and hertz/killie away, that will mean we have played all these teams twice at home and twice away...giving us 19 H and 19 A games

You would be right if Dundee Utd finished in the bottom six (which they didn't) and Dundee didn't exist (which they do).

:greengrin

Mikey
06-04-2013, 05:16 PM
I'd be surprised if the SPL denied Hearts the income from a home derby.

cabbageandribs1875
06-04-2013, 05:18 PM
You would be right if Dundee Utd finished in the bottom six (which they didn't) and Dundee didn't exist (which they do).

i just realised afterwards, damn you being so fast :greengrin

HIBERNIAN-0762
06-04-2013, 05:21 PM

A joke aye? if not why on earth would the SPL do this for them?

scoopyboy
06-04-2013, 05:22 PM
i just realised afterwards, damn you being so fast :greengrin

Not an asset I usually am connected with, wish Hibs had players that were as fast!!!!!!

Mikey
06-04-2013, 05:22 PM
A joke aye? if not why on earth would the SPL do this for them?

You do realise that they're due the last derby, aye?

scoopyboy
06-04-2013, 05:23 PM

Me too Mikey, but it would be funny.

Sir David Gray
06-04-2013, 05:39 PM
There's no danger the last derby will be at Easter Road.

HIBERNIAN-0762
06-04-2013, 05:49 PM

Was aware of that Mikey, yes :rolleyes:

justlikebrazil
06-04-2013, 05:59 PM
Im sure one season we had to go to Tynecastle 3 times in the league!!

Danderhall Hibs
06-04-2013, 06:14 PM

Don't think so? Tannadice 3 times once and I think we had Aberdeen maybe at ER 3 times another year but never a derby.

1st time for everything though...

cabbageandribs1875
06-04-2013, 06:21 PM
Don't think so? Tannadice 3 times once and I think we had Aberdeen maybe at ER 3 times another year but never a derby.

1st time for everything though...

i'm sure it's twice we have played at tannadice the 3 times :hmmm: could be wrong i guess :(

clerriehibs
06-04-2013, 06:30 PM

They may be "due" it ... but season after season there are instances where two teams meet 4 times in the SPL, and it's 3 times at one venue and once at the other.

So ... is it written in the rules that for the grunts/Hibs matches, venues must always be equally split when they meet 4 times?

If there is, shouldn't there be a similar rule that grunts/Hibs New Year derbies must always be year about at each others' venues (a rule that sure as hell doesn't exist).

ozzie
06-04-2013, 07:32 PM
Killie have had 17 home games so far, Dundee have only had 16 so i reckon we will have Killie at home, Dundee away.

Anybody any idea when the fixtures are announced?

Jonnyboy
06-04-2013, 07:33 PM
Killie have had 17 home games so far, Dundee have only had 16 so i reckon we will have Killie at home, Dundee away.

Monday apparently

Beefster
06-04-2013, 07:34 PM
They may be "due" it ... but season after season there are instances where two teams meet 4 times in the SPL, and it's 3 times at one venue and once at the other.

So ... is it written in the rules that for the grunts/Hibs matches, venues must always be equally split when they meet 4 times?

If there is, shouldn't there be a similar rule that grunts/Hibs New Year derbies must always be year about at each others' venues (a rule that sure as hell doesn't exist).

The Edinburgh derby is one of the SPL games where the SPL will do their damnedest to ensure that the games are split equally between the clubs. Rightly so.

Frazerbob
06-04-2013, 07:36 PM
Monday apparently

Why wait until then? People have trains to book, shifts to arrange etc. The teams are known so why not get the fixtures out now? And folk wonder why crowds are so poor!

clerriehibs
06-04-2013, 07:37 PM
The Edinburgh derby is one of the SPL games where the SPL will do their damnedest to ensure that the games are split equally between the clubs. Rightly so.

By the very same token of fairness, why haven't the SPL done their damndest in the past to ensure home games year about for the New Year derbies?

Jonnyboy
06-04-2013, 07:37 PM
Why wait until then? People have trains to book, shifts to arrange etc. The teams are know so why not get the fixtures out now? And folk wonder why crowds are so poor!

It's the day after tomorrow. Final placings were not known until almost 5pm tonight. Tomorrow is Sunday

Frazerbob
06-04-2013, 07:39 PM
It's the day after tomorrow. Final placings were not known until almost 5pm tonight. Tomorrow is Sunday

So what? They could have had the fixtures worked out in advance for the different permitations and released the appropriate list straight away. Other than possibly TV having an influence I don't see the problem.

scoopyboy
06-04-2013, 07:40 PM
Why wait until then? People have trains to book, shifts to arrange etc. The teams are known so why not get the fixtures out now? And folk wonder why crowds are so poor!

I'm only guessing but is it to let tv companies pick their fixtures?

Jonnyboy
06-04-2013, 07:44 PM
So what? They could have had the fixtures worked out in advance for the different permitations and released the appropriate list straight away. Other than possibly TV having an influence I don't see the problem.

Obviously my answer didn't meet your demanding standards - maybe you should email the SPL rather than asking a question on a site where no-one could answer to your satisfaction :wink:

Billy Whizz
06-04-2013, 07:47 PM

http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=s2&newsid=12222

All on here

Diclonius
06-04-2013, 07:57 PM

Since New Year derbies were reintroduced in the 2008/09 season, they've been at alternate grounds every year.

Eyrie
06-04-2013, 08:19 PM

Waiting two days is not going to kill anyone when the first fixture is two weeks away.

Billy Whizz
06-04-2013, 08:22 PM
Waiting two days is not going to kill anyone when the first fixture is two weeks away.

Apart from the Hearts game, we should be mostly Saturday 3pm kick offs, I think.............

BS44
06-04-2013, 08:47 PM

Definitely will not kill me but the extra two days could have an affect on whether my work give me a lieu day for the Hearts game

jodjam
06-04-2013, 08:52 PM

Correct. They said this couple seasons back when one of the old firm could have had 3 derbies at home. They said derbies would take priority for fairness.

Jonnyboy
06-04-2013, 08:54 PM

Nonsense. Every fan at every game today should have been handed a copy of the post split fixtures. Yet another example of Doncaster's mismanagement :wink:

ozzie
06-04-2013, 09:34 PM
I had to book my son's birthday party a few weeks ago without knowing what the post split fixtures are. Doncaster get it sorted :fuming:

p.s cue yams v us sunday 5th may :boo hoo:

Frazerbob
06-04-2013, 10:04 PM
Obviously my answer didn't meet your demanding standards - maybe you should email the SPL rather than asking a question on a site where no-one could answer to your satisfaction :wink:

Appologies for discussing the issue (in a civil manor) on a relevent thread. Any need for the sarcasm?

As has been pointed out by somebody else, it may not kill anyone but it could make the difference as to wether or not I can get time off for some games. Maybe you're free every weekend, others aren't.

Jonnyboy
06-04-2013, 10:06 PM
Appologies for discussing the issue (in a civil manor) on a relevent thread. Any need for the sarcasm?

As has been pointed out by somebody else, it may not kill anyone but it could make the differenceas to wether or not I can get time off for some games. Maybe you're free every weekend, others aren't.

I wasn't being sarcastic!

Anyway, I hope you get to all the games you want to :agree:

vanNISHtelroy
06-04-2013, 10:09 PM

Have we not only had 16 home games? Could have sworn I was taking voucher 16 at the turnstile today!

Purple & Green
06-04-2013, 10:50 PM

I disagree - and I think this demonstrates everything that is wrong with splitting after 33 games.

Hibs can only play Hearts twice at Home, but can play Aberdeen three times at home? What exactly allows that? That's not balanced, not fair and creates inequality in the league.

monktonharp
06-04-2013, 11:02 PM
Apart from the Hearts game, we should be mostly Saturday 3pm kick offs, I think............. and the cup final:duck:

jodjam
07-04-2013, 07:03 AM
I disagree - and I think this demonstrates everything that is wrong with splitting after 33 games.

Hibs can only play Hearts twice at Home, but can play Aberdeen three times at home? What exactly allows that? That's not balanced, not fair and creates inequality in the league.

I agree the split is wrong. Most leagues you can say at the end of the season the table doesn't lie. In Scotland it can tell porkies.

I know you are a stats man so hopefully can back me up. When Huns won league at ER few years back we also made Europe. That game where teams stood off each other at the end. We just pipped dons for Europe by skin of our teeth yet we went up to pittodrie 3 times that season. Had we lost out that league table would have told a porky or two.

David_D
07-04-2013, 07:05 AM
and the cup final:duck:

The cup final is a Sunday this year.

ozzie
07-04-2013, 07:07 AM
Have we not only had 16 home games? Could have sworn I was taking voucher 16 at the turnstile today!

Sorry I was just counting the home games on the spl site. Not like them to get it wrong right enough ;-)

Sorry just checked and the site I looked at had you playing your midweek game against the buddies twice.

Leithenhibby
07-04-2013, 08:17 AM

:top marks :aok:

No pleasing some people, I remember the day when everything was dealt with on :hnet: at a blink of an eye.

AFKA5814_Hibs
07-04-2013, 08:19 AM
There's someone on Twitter, SPLStats, who has worked out the most plausible fixtures for all teams and reckons Dundee would be the most likely to visit ER for a third time.

Billy Whizz
07-04-2013, 08:22 AM
There's someone on Twitter, SPLStats, who has worked out the most plausible fixtures for all teams and reckons Dundee would be the most likely to visit ER for a third time.

So are they suggesting that its
Home
Aberdeen
Dundee
St Mirren

Away
Hearts
Killie

Only 1 game out of 5 not in Edinburgh

AFKA5814_Hibs
07-04-2013, 08:25 AM
Home
Aberdeen
Dundee
St Mirren

Away
Hearts
Killie

:agree:

Eyrie
07-04-2013, 09:54 AM
Nonsense. Every fan at every game today should have been handed a copy of the post split fixtures. Yet another example of Doncaster's mismanagement :wink:

That's convinced me - Doncaster out, Fenlon in!

DH1875
07-04-2013, 12:05 PM
The cup final is a Sunday this year. I can see a lot of people missing work on the Monday should we win

StevesFamau5
07-04-2013, 12:21 PM
I can see a lot of people missing work on the Monday should we win

I'll not risk asking for a day off just yet... :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Kato
07-04-2013, 12:26 PM

:agree:

I honestly think it's been arranged that way e.g. non-penalty given against Dundee Utd, goal not given against Hearts at ER.

JohnStephens91
07-04-2013, 12:30 PM
I hope we get Killie at Easter Road, only because it is the longest away trip out of them and Dundee.

Hibee87
07-04-2013, 12:30 PM
I can see a lot of people missing work on the Monday should we win

Its a bank holiday Monday after the cup final, so should we win. it shouldn't affect to many people :aok:

ruthven_raiders
07-04-2013, 12:48 PM
Its a bank holiday Monday after the cup final, so should we win. it shouldn't affect to many people :aok:

It's not a bank holiday in Edinburgh that day its a Glasgow holiday, Edinburgh is the week before. I've booked the day off just in case the miracle happens and my son won't be going to school that day so they can mark that down as an unapproved absence lol

adhibs
07-04-2013, 01:17 PM
Home
Aberdeen
Dundee
St Mirren

Away
Hearts
Killie

Quite a kind set of fixtures. If we get pur fingers out we should finish a few places above hearts

dutchhibby
07-04-2013, 04:35 PM

^^this^^