PDA

View Full Version : Ryan McGivern

Stringer
06-04-2013, 04:57 PM
He seems a different player this half of the season. Some of his tackling has been awful.

Tin hat is on here, but would like to see steveson at RB and McGivern play in defensive midfield. He can give a pass, is composed and some of his strikes in the ICT game weren't far off.

Thompson McGivern

Cairney Robertson Harris

Griffiths.

S4uzee
06-04-2013, 05:00 PM
He seems a different player this half of the season. Some of his tackling has been awful.

Tin hat is on here, but would like to see steveson at RB and McGivern play in defensive midfield. He can give a pass, is composed and some of his strikes in the ICT game weren't far off.

Thompson McGivern

Cairney Robertson Harris

Griffiths.

I agree with stevenson at right back but in place of Clancy - he was terribly bad today

scoopyboy
06-04-2013, 05:03 PM

Thompson McGivern

Cairney Robertson Harris

Griffiths.

So who would you play at left back?

Stringer
06-04-2013, 05:24 PM

Think I could do a job. Mcgivern at Lb is an imposter i swear. Probably play Maybury

scoopyboy
06-04-2013, 05:28 PM
Think I could do a job. Mcgivern at Lb is an imposter i swear. Probably play Maybury

You are entitled to your opinion but I think to play Stevenson right back, Maybury left back and McGivern in defensive midfield when we have more defensive midfielders than enough is madness.

Stringer
06-04-2013, 05:40 PM
You are entitled to your opinion but I think to play Stevenson right back, Maybury left back and McGivern in defensive midfield when we have more defensive midfielders than enough is madness.

It is about putting a player who can make a pass in front of the defense. Claros normally plays it and the service out of the back is terrible. Lampard plays in front of the defense - doesn't mean he is a defensive midfielder. It means he can make a pass and can make darting runs into the box.

truehibernian
06-04-2013, 05:52 PM

The sad thing is scoopy, money is that tight I can't see players like Forster, Baptie, Black getting a wee chance in the last few league games (in defence). I think it's been scandalous that Handling and Caldwell haven't had anywhere near enough proper game time thus far. Was really impressed with Jordan Forster mid week have to say. And Danny was the best player on the pitch. And despite his size (height), Andy Black was terrific too - a full back with pace - who'd have thought :greengrin

Stringer
06-04-2013, 06:22 PM
The sad thing is scoopy, money is that tight I can't see players like Forster, Baptie, Black getting a wee chance in the last few league games (in defence). I think it's been scandalous that Handling and Caldwell haven't had anywhere near enough proper game time thus far. Was really impressed with Jordan Forster mid week have to say. And Danny was the best player on the pitch. And despite his size (height), Andy Black was terrific too - a full back with pace - who'd have thought :greengrin

You are right but it is all about good service. We could have Van Perise up front but he you still need midfielders to give him a clean pass in attacking positions.

Green Fish
06-04-2013, 06:30 PM
Surely RM will be up for it in a SF.

I just wonder if his heart is really in it on a week to week basis and he knows he is on his way out.

Having seen hin at EM on Tuesday and the sweet motor he drives ink it very unlikely we could pay wages that he is accustomed to.

hibee19
06-04-2013, 07:10 PM
If I was going to move a defender to midfield it would be McPake. His leadership and agression could be used in midfield, don't know about his footballing skills

Braids Hibby
06-04-2013, 07:12 PM
McGivern is a quality player and glad we were able to bring him here.

JMac
06-04-2013, 10:50 PM
Second best outfield player this season no doubt, would love to see him sign for hibs and play LEFT BACK constantly, okay he's had a few shady games but he's a class player and his best position is left back

gegs70
06-04-2013, 11:42 PM
Can he play up front?

spike220
08-04-2013, 07:57 AM
McGivern is a quality player and glad we were able to bring him here.

:agree:

Heedersnvolleys
08-04-2013, 08:33 AM
For me he has had his best games at CH. It just his partners that have let him down. If we managed to keep him, I would play him there and continue Hibs long running LB search since Murphy left :wink:

JimBHibees
08-04-2013, 09:07 AM
Dont think he is the best defender in the world however he is an excellent player and will hopefully provide us a decent attacking threat down the left hand side against Falkirk. Him and Harris should be able to provide us with a good attacking option down that side.

J-C
08-04-2013, 09:13 AM
Decent LB but a better centre half, his positioning at LB isn't the best. For all the statos out there, pretty sure when he played beside Hanlon as the middle 2, our defence was a lot stronger, I may be wrong though.