PDA

View Full Version : If we finish 11th again?

Ozyhibby
06-04-2013, 03:29 PM
Will that still be progress?

Keith_M
06-04-2013, 03:31 PM

We'll have more points than last season, so, yes :wink:

Elephant Stone
06-04-2013, 03:32 PM

But, but, but Rangers aren't in the league and the dynamics have shifted. etc

HIBERNIAN-0762
06-04-2013, 03:32 PM
If we? :rolleyes:

Out of the cup next weekend as well.

Time for us to rise up and put real pressure on this board to deliver better things, I've simply had enough of this cack, no fight no guts no skill no nothing, a total shambles once again.

dave62
06-04-2013, 03:33 PM
It will be if we win the cup.

Mikey
06-04-2013, 03:34 PM
Time for us to rise up and put real pressure on this board to deliver better things.............

To do what? Spend money they don't have?

thebakerboy
06-04-2013, 03:35 PM
They are only 3 points behind us now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Elephant Stone
06-04-2013, 03:35 PM
If we? :rolleyes:

Out of the cup next weekend as well.

Time for us to rise up and put real pressure on this board to deliver better things, I've simply had enough of this cack, no fight no guts no skill no nothing, a total shambles once again.

I've "simply had enough" of sacks of misery like you, reveling in negativity. We're 90 minutes from a consecutive Scottish cup final and you're posting that we're out of the cup next week before this game's even finished? I'm glad "this board" don't share the same mentality you do, that's for certain.

Ozyhibby
06-04-2013, 03:37 PM

Everyone has more points because we have no Rangers who usually get about 90 points and have been replaced with Dundee who have 23?

HIBERNIAN-0762
06-04-2013, 03:38 PM

Is it all about money? there is simply NO confidence around ER these days, zero nowt nothing, if we had a footballing owner/board then perhaps we could look forward to a bit of passion, until that changes we are donald ducked IMO

Mikey
Everyone has more points because we have no Rangers who usually get about 90 points and have been replaced with Dundee who have 23?

No they don't. Stop making stuff up just to have a go at the club eh.

IndieHibby
I've "simply had enough" of sacks of misery like you, reveling in negativity. We're 90 minutes from a consecutive Scottish cup final and you're posting that we're out of the cup next week before this game's even finished? I'm glad "this board" don't share the same mentality you do, that's for certain.
:jmcp::jmcp::fenlon:fenlon:fenlon:fenlon:fenlon:fe nlon:fenlon

Thecat23
We must win next sat or for me this season isn't much of an improvement. We needed to have a go at Celtic today as we had nothing to lose. The lack of support to Leigh is embarrassing. Fenlon is far, far to negative. FFS Hibs go out next week and have a go. Stop this long ball ***** and side/backwards passing. If we finish 11 bd get knocked out next week Pat should be punted.

cocopops1875
06-04-2013, 03:39 PM

Aye it's a doddle Mikey, you just pick the right man don't-cha-know simples Petrie out Hibs.net experts in

Bostonhibby
06-04-2013, 03:39 PM

The answer is probably no, but we are doing it with style this season:blah:

Truth is I am hoping that the very good cup results can carry on a bit yet but the league form has been masked by how bad last season was and a decent cup run.

HIBERNIAN-0762
06-04-2013, 03:40 PM

Happy clapper alert!

Get real mate, they have just installed a new young manager who will have them fired up for it..

Will we be?

Thecat23
06-04-2013, 03:41 PM

For once pick the right man. It's not all about money! I want a manager who plays attacking football not rely on one striker the whole season.

HIBERNIAN-0762
06-04-2013, 03:42 PM
For once pick the right man. It's not all about money! I want a manager who plays attacking football not rely on one striker the whole season.

Absolutely spot on, some folk on here just don't get it eh?

Thecat23
06-04-2013, 03:46 PM
Absolutely spot on, some folk on here just don't get it eh?

It's frustrating when folk miss the point. I don't want us to blow cash left right and centre. How come Motherwell can pick a good manager? Or ICT. Dons just got McInnes who I think will do well. Utd I also think have a good manager in the making. These teams pay less than us so for me the board are failing.

Beefster
06-04-2013, 03:48 PM

Do you think that Hibs have to spend money they don't have to appoint a competent manager and assemble a squad good enough for the top six of the SPL?

Andy74
It's frustrating when folk miss the point. I don't want us to blow cash left right and centre. How come Motherwell can pick a good manager? Or ICT. Dons just got McInnes who I think will do well. Utd I also think have a good manager in the making. These teams pay less than us so for me the board are failing.

Those teams have been built. Something you are trying to ensure wont happen here.

Ozyhibby

Who's having a go at the club? It's Pat Fenlon I'm having a go at. 16 months into the job and no improvement at all and a style of football that is a disgrace.

Hibercelona
06-04-2013, 03:49 PM
Make no mistake about it. Falkirk are going to annihilate us.

Andy74
06-04-2013, 03:51 PM

Hope you ain't going then. Loser.

Beefster
06-04-2013, 03:52 PM
Those teams have been built. Something you are trying to ensure wont happen here.

In what way has Fenlon not built a team by replacing the vast majority of the players?

If, as I suspect, you say something about not being able to sign first choices all the time and how it all takes time, how many times do you think the likes of Motherwell, ICT, Ross County and co get their first choices considering how much they pay?

Mikey
06-04-2013, 03:52 PM

At least if we do win then we won't see him for a few days. Here's hoping eh.

Thecat23
06-04-2013, 03:53 PM

Built with the right manager Andy. Again I think The board have got the wrong man. I've backed Pat all season but its terrible football and he's appearing clueless at times. Surely you can't agree with his tactics he plays each week? We are preaching to get fans back, why would anyone want to spend a bomb to watch that? I have renewed myself but for fans who have gave up but could be persuaded back, this man won't so it.

HIBERNIAN-0762
06-04-2013, 03:53 PM

This is my point Mr Cat, we must have a board that makes right desicions and quite clearly they have failed every time, I like wee Pat and wish he had a football orientated owner/board to give him that wee bit more confidence, this is where in my opinion we are failing.

matty_f
06-04-2013, 03:54 PM
Do you think that Hibs have to spend money they don't have to appoint a competent manager and assemble a squad good enough for the top six of the SPL?

Butcher and Adams have shown it's not just about money. Fenlon needs a strong finish to the season to merit much more time. Bottom 6 is a massive failure, more so when you take into consideration that we were more or less stick-ons to be top 6 at the end of 2012.

Hibercelona
06-04-2013, 03:55 PM

If i'm such a loser, perhaps the club can offer me a playing contract so I can be with all the other losers.

Thecat23
06-04-2013, 03:56 PM
This is my point Mr Cat, we must have a board that makes right desicions and quite clearly they have failed every time, I like wee Pat and wish he had a football orientated owner/board to give him that wee bit more confidence, this is where in my opinion we are failing.

Agree mate. I like the guy but he isn't doing it at all and the football is terrible.

18Craig75
06-04-2013, 04:00 PM
For months, Fenlon has been setting us up not to get beat. It's inevitable when you go out not to get beat that in the end you get beat, maybe some times scrape a draw. I don't think we have that bad a team in comparison to some of the teams in the league, and yet we are so boring to watch and never win (at least thats how it feels).

hibeedonald
06-04-2013, 04:02 PM
Falkirk game to save our season. A chance of winning the cup v dundee united or guaranteed Europe if celtic get through. MUST win game.

AFKA5814_Hibs
06-04-2013, 04:03 PM
If we finish 11th again, then quite obviously there has been no improvement from last season, I don't take any of this pish that we'll have more points, that's a bollox arguement.

Next week's game is huge, most important game of the season by a mile. A win, takes our season to the last game, gives everyone at the club a lift and keeps up the belief we could still win this Cup. A defeat and total apathy will set in and I fear we'll lose all 5 games after the split and finish 11th.

Next week's game is by no means a foregone conclusion, any Hibs fan that thinks that needs a good shake.

.Sean.
06-04-2013, 04:05 PM
I'd sack him for failing to make the top 6.

Cameron1875
06-04-2013, 04:05 PM
Its not just that we lose, its the way we lose.

Bob Box Fish
06-04-2013, 04:06 PM
I think we will beat Falkirk but I also think we could finish 11th.

The Voice Of Reason
06-04-2013, 04:09 PM
Its not just that we lose, its the way we lose.

Correct.

Last Minute
06-04-2013, 04:10 PM

Yes, it's a football club , every other club are doing so. Getting sick of this asking the fans to back the team but getting nothing back

DaveF
06-04-2013, 04:10 PM
Not going to say Fenlon is a failure just yet but he is 90 mins away from losing the complete confidence of the support. A win next week is required to keep him in a job.

He's already failed his target of a top 6 place. Losing to Falkirk should mean he is chopped.

Green Fish
06-04-2013, 04:11 PM
We need to get straight into them next week and have some pace and flair in mf.

I'd back Fenlon all the way but ffs man it's time to realise that this set up ain't working. Enough to make your eyes bleed. Deegan, just disappear, why does he keep being played. Surely we need to use KT and JG in the middle and use other mf to push up. Cairney, Harris, DW, Handling.

Come on PF, open your eyes and get the boys playing.

Gave up on back 6 without a fight.

Beefster
06-04-2013, 04:14 PM
Hands up if you think we'll try to hit Falkirk on the break next week.

Stringer
06-04-2013, 04:14 PM
We had 1 shot during the game. :fuming:

Hainan Hibs
06-04-2013, 04:15 PM
Hands up if you think we'll try to hit Falkirk on the break next week.

Three DM's to stop Falkirk from playing football combined with long punts up to Griffths should do the trick:agree:

Weir7
06-04-2013, 04:16 PM
Were you at parkhead today?

Fenlon is a loser. Fenlon out.

LeighLoyal
06-04-2013, 04:16 PM
I would recommend we go 5-3-2 if we get to the cup final vs them. That defense is porous and filling the midfield as he did today didn't work.

HFC 0-7
06-04-2013, 04:21 PM

Andy, Inverness have had about the same amount of players in and out (excluding players we have loaned out) in the last 2 windows. Inverness have also had to replace players like Rooney. All of this on a smaller budget so it can be done in a short period of time. The issues with hibs in the windows is that we will spend a lot of time in transfer windows trying to re sign loans before getting to adding to the squad.

If we finished 11th this season and reach the final, we will have improved on points alone, not really good enough if everyone else is improving more.

Bishop Hibee
06-04-2013, 04:26 PM
As I've posted previously, Petrie should have left in the summer. We need someone fresh and dynamic at the top.

Fenlon won't be sacked regardless of the results between now and the end of the season. If we start next season like we've played so far in 2013 though he'll out by mid October.

Cropley10
06-04-2013, 04:27 PM
Were you at parkhead today?

Fenlon is a loser. Fenlon out.

Quite evidently Fenlon's a loser. He loses most weeks, most games. And was at the helm for the worst defeat ever.

He's been extremely well backed by our Board and has signed a team full of players. Our team plays dull, lifeless, uninteresting and entirely predictable football. This is why we get beat, this is why we he's a loser. He's out of his depth.

Cropley10
06-04-2013, 04:29 PM
Oh and for me the nightmare scenario is beat Falkirk and lose to United.

We'll finish 11th. Put your money it. Hearts have lost almost a complete team, we've signed almost a complete team and they'll still be ahead of us.

Aye, progress. Aye, Fenlon...

Just Alf
06-04-2013, 04:41 PM
Got to say,I'm a wee bit worried :-(

Stringer
06-04-2013, 04:43 PM
The problem is his footballing philosophy is defend and keep things tight. Basically the Tony Pulis style of football. The start of the season should have shown that the only way Hibs beat teams is to outscore them. The great young players coming through: harris, handling, Caldwell are all attackers. They want to get forward but Fenlon tells them to keep the shape and sit back.

4 5 1 is awful. 4 2 3 1 please. We need to squeeze the midfield rather than just stand off our opponents.

Hibercelona
06-04-2013, 04:43 PM
Quite evidently Fenlon's a loser. He loses most weeks, most games. And was at the helm for the worst defeat ever.

He's been extremely well backed by our Board and has signed a team full of players. Our team plays dull, lifeless, uninteresting and entirely predictable football. This is why we get beat, this is why we he's a loser. He's out of his depth.

:agree:

Oh and for me the nightmare scenario is beat Falkirk and lose to United.

We'll finish 11th. Put your money it. Hearts have lost almost a complete team, we've signed almost a complete team and they'll still be ahead of us.

Aye, progress. Aye, Fenlon...

Careful, the usual cavalry will be on to step all over you for being "too negative".

HIBERNIAN-0762
06-04-2013, 04:44 PM
As I've posted previously, Petrie should have left in the summer. We need someone fresh and dynamic at the top.

Fenlon won't be sacked regardless of the results between now and the end of the season. If we start next season like we've played so far in 2013 though he'll out by mid October.

I agree but there is no way Petrie or any of his accountant mates will be leaving as long as STF is the owner, I've said it a dozen times we need a board that actually speaks to the fans and at least show some interest publicly!

TornadoHibby
06-04-2013, 04:45 PM

Spend our hard earned money more wisely so that others decide to join us at ER regularly on matchdays to see some decent football and bring more hard earned cash into the club! :confused:

Chuck Rhoades
06-04-2013, 04:47 PM
We got beat off the champions, people need to have a word with themselves.

Mikey
06-04-2013, 04:48 PM
Spend our hard earned money more wisely so that others decide to join us at ER regularly on matchdays to see some decent football and bring more hard earned cash into the club! :confused:

It's the manager that spends the money, not the board.

TornadoHibby
06-04-2013, 04:48 PM
Aye it's a doddle Mikey, you just pick the right man don't-cha-know simples Petrie out Hibs.net experts in

There is a fairly decent track record of getting the decision of appointing the right manager for Hibs wrong over the past few appointments it's fair to say is it not! :confused:

Isn't that a fairly important competency of the hiring and firing Director!? :confused: :rolleyes:

.Sean.
06-04-2013, 04:49 PM
It's not one defeat that's got everyone fed up mate, it's the absolute freefall we've been in since December and his inability to change it. Bottom Six - Massive failure IMO.

Just Alf

Very good point..... Not unexpected!

Game was **** tho :-/

TornadoHibby

Not too confident yourself then Mikey? :wink:

Chuck Rhoades
06-04-2013, 04:50 PM
We had 1 shot during the game. :fuming:

Could have had more if the players actually pulled the trigger!

TornadoHibby
06-04-2013, 04:51 PM
Very good point..... Not unexpected!

Game was **** tho :-/

What about the record of "wins" since December or rather lack of wins? :confused:

TornadoHibby
06-04-2013, 04:52 PM

And you really believe that? :rolleyes:

Ask someone who knows Petrie who controls the purse strings very closely even for very minor items of expenditure! :agree:

TomoHFC
06-04-2013, 04:53 PM
We are lucky no to be 11th without sparky's goal but we need every player to work together and get some goals.

jonny
06-04-2013, 04:54 PM

This.

Still confident going into next week. If/when we win the cup he'll be our most successful manager since the fifties when we won the league.

TornadoHibby
06-04-2013, 04:56 PM
This.

Still confident going into next week. If/when we win the cup he'll be our most successful manager since the fifties when we won the league.
We all need a dose of whatever you've had recently mate so that we can see next Saturday's match in the same light as you do! :confused:

The evidence of team performances, in the main, since the end of 2012 doesn't support your view at all! :confused:

(((Fergus)))
06-04-2013, 05:10 PM
If i'm such a loser, perhaps the club can offer me a playing contract so I can be with all the other losers.

They're not losers; for a start they get paid for what they do (or don't). The real losers are the ones who spend their precious time and money taking an interest in football... and not only derive no pleasure, but actually develop negative emotions about it. That's double losing.

HIBERNIAN-0762
06-04-2013, 05:19 PM

Aye and we also got beat 2-1 at home by ICT...:confused:

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-04-2013, 05:25 PM
This.

Everybody is well aware who we were up against today. The problem is we needed a win, he set out his stall for us not to lose yet we still got pumped, maybe if he set out the team with some sort of attacking threat and we still got pumped it would be a bit easier to comprehend.

blackpoolhibs
06-04-2013, 05:30 PM
Everybody is well aware who we were up against today. The problem is we needed a win, he set out his stall for us not to lose yet we still got pumped, maybe if he set out the team with some sort of attacking threat and we still got pumped it would be a bit easier to comprehend.

If he had not flooded the squad with midfielders, he may have had the option of playing with 2 forwards. :rolleyes: His team have gone backwards at an alarming rate, and his tactics are safety first.

Its no wonder folk are turning against him.

jeffers
06-04-2013, 05:32 PM
While I'm not saying Paddy should go if we lose next week I have now got to the stage where I wouldn't be unhappy about it. It's not that we lost today but it's the manner of the defeat (and last week v Inverness.) I'd really love to hear from him how he expected to create enough chances to win today with three holding midfielders and one on the right who more often than not offers hee haw.

He's had enough time and money to sign his own team, but he's chosen to spend most of it on central midfielders who never really create anything and never look like scoring. We were crying out for another striker in January and a decent wide man after letting Ivan go - he signed another central midfielder and a poor winger who he already appears to have discarded (I've not read anywhere that Done is injured.)

While most of signings have been an improvement on who they replaced we are still far too slow and create too little. And while Craig looks like a good signing he's hardly going to improve the pace in the team. If Paddy is here next season I can see him being sacked by the AGM if our form is anything like the past 4 months.

Chuck Rhoades
06-04-2013, 05:36 PM

Were you there?

Beefster
06-04-2013, 05:36 PM

Exactly, our plummet from first in November to ninth in April is purely because we lost today.

gillythehibby
06-04-2013, 05:52 PM
Guys alot of good points on this thread. Whilst i have no intention of hounding the manager out of a job, the fact is Hibs are not doing the business and alot of this is down to the manager. Hibs for me should be playing a better style of football. There's no magic wand but PF got it all to do. Pub teams like Ros Cty and Inverness shouldnt be able to cope with a good hibs side. As for one up front, leave that to the top sides. Get back to basics. 4-4 -2 keeps it simple for players. Mind you i think Petrie et al have had their day.

Danderhall Hibs
06-04-2013, 05:54 PM
Were you there?

Would him being there have affected the result?

Baldy Foghorn
06-04-2013, 05:59 PM
If he had not flooded the squad with midfielders, he may have had the option of playing with 2 forwards. :rolleyes: His team have gone backwards at an alarming rate, and his tactics are safety first.

Its no wonder folk are turning against him.

Hard to argue with that......

Thecat23
06-04-2013, 06:01 PM

It's the board who keep appointing guys who aren't up for the task. The football at ER is worse than eye bleeding. The guy is far to negative. You keep posting links to season tickets and telling everyone to buy. Now I can see why but let's be honest why should folk back the team? How many times are we going to say.. "Rod needs to get it right this time". I'm sick to the back teeth of the rot. Sick to the back teeth having to watch piss poor football. A must win game today and did we have a shot on goal? If so how's many? Fenlon isn't the man.

Thecat23
06-04-2013, 06:05 PM

Yeah we played against the champions who are the poorest Celtic team in years. A team who failed to beat us so far this season. Is it to much to ask that when we needed to go to parkhead and at least have a go we failed to bother the keeper? The fans who think this is acceptable need to have a word with themselves.

BoltonHibee
06-04-2013, 06:09 PM
I'd sack him for failing to make the top 6.

100% correct.

johnbc70
06-04-2013, 06:09 PM
I never renewed my season ticket this year and my test if Fenlon has failed or not is if I would renew for next season. On the basis of the few games I have been to and the general results then I will not be renewing, so in that respect he has failed. I am sure there are many like me who never renewed and will not be getting a ST based on what they have seen this season, something which I am sure Petrie will take note off. I still think we need to stick with him though, I would give him another full season and see where we are after that.

Now, if he wins the cup that is another story......he would become a legend but unfortunately I cannot see that happening.

I would give him 5 out of 10 so far.

Mikey
06-04-2013, 06:10 PM
why should folk back the team?.

Because they want it to be better.

Thecat23
06-04-2013, 06:13 PM

But all us who constantly back it and getting nothing back. So that argument fails right away. Mikey even if we were losing but having a go I'd be more happy. But Fenlon is pushing us so far back it's unreal.

The Voice Of Reason
06-04-2013, 06:14 PM
I never renewed my season ticket this year and my test if Fenlon has failed or not is if I would renew for next season. On the basis of the few games I have been to and the general results then I will not be renewing, so in that respect he has failed. I am sure there are many like me who never renewed and will not be getting a ST based on what they have seen this season, something which I am sure Petrie will take note off. I still think we need to stick with him though, I would give him another full season and see where we are after that.

Now, if he wins the cup that is another story......he would become a legend but unfortunately I cannot see that happening.

I would give him 5 out of 10 so far.

5/10 - pass marks then...........extremely generous!

Had it not been for Dundee we would be in ANOTHER relegation dogfight.

2/10 from me.

The Voice Of Reason
06-04-2013, 06:15 PM
But all us who constantly back it and getting nothing back. So that argument fails right away. Mikey even if we were losing but having a go I'd be more happy. But Fenlon is pushing us so far back it's unreal.

Sadly, I agree.

Mikey
06-04-2013, 06:15 PM

The alternative presumably is not to buy a season ticket, or go to games? Where does that leave us?

Baldy Foghorn
06-04-2013, 06:16 PM

Will it ever get better Mikey, we keep spending our money, and our "loyalty" is being severely tested.....

Thecat23
06-04-2013, 06:17 PM
The alternative presumably is not to buy a season ticket, or go to games? Where does that leave us?

No the alternative is change at board level. I honestly think having new guys come in would help. Also pick the right man in the first place no??

The Voice Of Reason
06-04-2013, 06:17 PM

There is no easy answer, however you can't blame fans for being disillusioned and voting with their feet, can you?

Elephant Stone
06-04-2013, 06:18 PM

Getting nothing back from who? We've had God knows how many new signings in the last year and next week will be our third trip to Hampden in a year. How can you honestly say we've had "nothing" back?

Thecat23
06-04-2013, 06:19 PM
There is no easy answer, however you can't blame fans for being disillusioned and voting with their feet, can you?

Exactly, fans aren't stupid and times are hard. It's time folk stop expecting guys to pump in hard earned cash with such a poor return. That's what it comes down too.

Beefster
06-04-2013, 06:26 PM

If ST sales are slow and the Board suspect Fenlon is the reason, he'll be away at the end of the season.

Billy Whizz
06-04-2013, 06:27 PM
If ST sales are slow and the Board suspect Fenlon is the reason, he'll be away at the end of the season.

Was that not the reason for Mixu departing us

Beefster
06-04-2013, 06:28 PM
Was that not the reason for Mixu departing us

Yup.

Nuitdelune
06-04-2013, 06:30 PM
I don't get upset if we lose because it doesn't actually matter. It is the anticipation and the hope of the game in the run up and in play which are important. The winning is great when it happens, but if it doesn't, there is the next one, only a week later. Is that not what it's all about?

We will be a laughing stock if we hound Mr Fenlon out which to me is worse than where we are just now

Hibeesforever
06-04-2013, 06:32 PM
Guys alot of good points on this thread. Whilst i have no intention of hounding the manager out of a job, the fact is Hibs are not doing the business and alot of this is down to the manager. Hibs for me should be playing a better style of football. There's no magic wand but PF got it all to do. Pub teams like Ros Cty and Inverness shouldnt be able to cope with a good hibs side. As for one up front, leave that to the top sides. Get back to basics. 4-4 -2 keeps it simple for players. Mind you i think Petrie et al have had their day.

I have to agree with you here. If the centre-forward who is at the fulcrum of all the moves is incapable of playing a 1-2 and bringing his team-mates into the attack, then it is a wasted formation. I didn't see any Hibs midfielders bombing forward to get beyond the striker today, so again why bother with the formation. Much better going the Motherwell route of wingers and crosses into the box. The manager needs to explain what his tactics actually are because 1 up front is not threatening at all and clearly, as we have gone from 1st to nearly 11th, not working. Still, of course, think we will win the cup though :flag:

NorthNorfolkHFC
06-04-2013, 06:33 PM
While I'm not saying Paddy should go if we lose next week I have now got to the stage where I wouldn't be unhappy about it. It's not that we lost today but it's the manner of the defeat (and last week v Inverness.) I'd really love to hear from him how he expected to create enough chances to win today with three holding midfielders and one on the right who more often than not offers hee haw.

He's had enough time and money to sign his own team, but he's chosen to spend most of it on central midfielders who never really create anything and never look like scoring. We were crying out for another striker in January and a decent wide man after letting Ivan go - he signed another central midfielder and a poor winger who he already appears to have discarded (I've not read anywhere that Done is injured.)

While most of signings have been an improvement on who they replaced we are still far too slow and create too little. And while Craig looks like a good signing he's hardly going to improve the pace in the team. If Paddy is here next season I can see him being sacked by the AGM if our form is anything like the past 4 months.

With a squad potentially requiring 7-10 signings, we will no doubt be on tour per-season with Craig and one more midfielder. We will be waiting to hear about another five guys and Griffiths will be back with Wolves making his mind up.

Our pre season fitness and team building will be crap and will spend the days leading up to the deadline scraping the barrel.

Beefster
06-04-2013, 06:34 PM
I don't get upset if we lose because it doesn't actually matter. It is the anticipation and the hope of the game in the run up and in play which are important. The winning is great when it happens, but if it doesn't, there is the next one, only a week later. Is that not what it's all about?

We will be a laughing stock if we hound Mr Fenlon out which to me is worse than where we are just now

So, ultimately, it doesn't matter how the team or manager ever perform because there is always another game soon?

Nuitdelune
06-04-2013, 06:37 PM
So, ultimately, it doesn't matter how the team or manager ever perform because there is always another game soon?

Well yes to a certain extent. It's like having a racehorse. Most of them never win of them but it is that thrill of the maybe this time which hooks you. Sorry, I might be odd

Thecat23
06-04-2013, 06:46 PM
Getting nothing back from who? We've had God knows how many new signings in the last year and next week will be our third trip to Hampden in a year. How can you honestly say we've had "nothing" back?

From the team! A 5-1 pumping last year isn't something to be proud of. Yes we may make it back again. But the league is your bread and butter and are league finishes have been way below par. Also I want a manager who plays attacking football and goes out to win not lose. You must be a easy man to please!

Hiber-nation
06-04-2013, 06:47 PM
Well yes to a certain extent. It's like having a racehorse. Most of them never win of them but it is that thrill of the maybe this time which hooks you. Sorry, I might be odd

Well, its certainly a novel approach to supporting a fitba team.

Alfred E Newman
06-04-2013, 06:48 PM

If we were a racehorse we would have been sent to the knackers yard long ago.

hibee19
06-04-2013, 06:57 PM
From the team! A 5-1 pumping last year isn't something to be proud of. Yes we may make it back again. But the league is your bread and butter and are league finishes have been way below par. Also I want a manager who plays attacking football and goes out to win not lose. You must be a easy man to please!

If we beat Falkirk then Fenlon should be allowed to finish the cup run he started. If we lose he should be sacked immediately and an interim appointed until the end of the season alllowing a thorough search for a manager who fits the criteria we are looking for. That manager should then be given a 5 year deal and the club should come out and state tthat 5 years means 5 years and the new manager will be given time to build, giving us stability. If the new manager failed then sweeping changes upstairs must be made as clearly someone is failing.

.Sean.
06-04-2013, 07:16 PM
I renewed in some haze of blind optimism and because i've got a wee bit of disposable income. Can you blame others for not wanting to shell out £400 for the privelage of Fenlon's eye-bleeding hoofball? I can't. Like you said mate, he'll be offski if sales are slow and rightly so.

It's not even just the defeats that are pissing me off, it's the manner in which we're losing games. Sitting in tight and hoping to nic a goal at home is a ludicrous way to set up a side. Bar Killie away i've seen more enjoyable and attacking displays down at Millfield from Haddy Athletic!

jeffers
06-04-2013, 07:25 PM
I can't fathom his tactics/team formation and there is no doubt he has been far too negative since the turn of the year. But it wasn't like that earlier in the season and the performance against Dundee Utd away was really encouraging and I really thought we had turned the corner. I just hope if he is here next season he signs the players that has us putting in performances more like that instead of this negative crap we've had to put up with recently.

Love the Green
06-04-2013, 07:29 PM

**** OFF ITA A DISGRACE
no huns, worst ****bos team in 29 years and original non league teams above us..
How can that be a progress,, absolutely pathetic and actually worse than last season..

keep the faith

Nuitdelune
06-04-2013, 07:36 PM
If we were a racehorse we would have been sent to the knackers yard long ago.

Yes you are correct but I always take mine home afterwards to rest. Nellie is now 35. Should I have deserted at age 10 when she was no use anymore but since she has produced 5 winners. Give it time. :greengrin

Cameron1875
06-04-2013, 07:43 PM
Seems like Paddy's new year resolution was to bore the fans to tears. Since the turn of the year his tactics have been shocking, whats the point in having doyle, caldwell, and handling on the books if we only play 1 up front.

Also Fenlon said in interview that we have been in bad form for last 6 weeks but uses the Motherwell game in December as an example of when our season changed for the worse?! Just how long have the results not been good enough Pat?

Jonnyboy
06-04-2013, 07:45 PM
Seems like Paddy's new year resolution was to bore the fans to tears. Since the turn of the year his tactics have been shocking, whats the point in having doyle, caldwell, and handling on the books if we only play 1 up front.

Also Fenlon said in interview that we have been in bad form for last 6 weeks but uses the Motherwell game in December as an example of when our season changed for the worse?! Just how long have the results not been good enough Pat?

Here's what he said after today's debacle

http://sport.stv.tv/football/220424-pat-fenlon-tells-hibernian-players-to-prove-they-merit-hampden-spot/

johnbc70
06-04-2013, 08:05 PM

http://sport.stv.tv/football/220424-pat-fenlon-tells-hibernian-players-to-prove-they-merit-hampden-spot/

Good soundbytes, shame we all know it is a load of nonsense. If he had options and decent players to bring in then maybe the players would feel the pressure but we all know he has nobody else to bring in and the team will be likely be pretty much the same.

eastterrace
06-04-2013, 08:43 PM
If we beat Falkirk then Fenlon should be allowed to finish the cup run he started. If we lose he should be sacked immediately and an interim appointed until the end of the season alllowing a thorough search for a manager who fits the criteria we are looking for. That manager should then be given a 5 year deal and the club should come out and state tthat 5 years means 5 years and the new manager will be given time to build, giving us stability. If the new manager failed then sweeping changes upstairs must be made as clearly someone is failing.

so we give someone five years .we have given fenlon 2.1/2 years and we aint any further forward, so we give someone else longer, this has been going on since collins left when we sold all the crown jewels and its been downward ever since. just been pish after pish, still win the cup and everything is rosy.:confused:

IberianHibernian
06-04-2013, 09:08 PM
Good soundbytes, shame we all know it is a load of nonsense. If he had options and decent players to bring in then maybe the players would feel the pressure but we all know he has nobody else to bring in and the team will be likely be pretty much the same.I think this is the problem . We don`t have a strong enough squad to get consistently good results or play attractive football . Manager is responsible for players he has signed and tactics but I`m sure he hoped to sign more and better players without being unrealistic . Hopefully we can win the cup and make a few good signings ( Craig is a good start ) before next season .

Beefster
06-04-2013, 09:11 PM

Fenlon needs to look at his part in the shambles of 2013 rather than always just pinning it on the players or telling us that it was unlucky.

Jonnyboy
06-04-2013, 09:12 PM
Fenlon needs to look at his part in the shambles of 2013 rather than always just pinning it on the players or telling us that it was unlucky.

Agreed

IberianHibernian
06-04-2013, 09:14 PM
If we beat Falkirk then Fenlon should be allowed to finish the cup run he started. If we lose he should be sacked immediately and an interim appointed until the end of the season alllowing a thorough search for a manager who fits the criteria we are looking for. That manager should then be given a 5 year deal and the club should come out and state tthat 5 years means 5 years and the new manager will be given time to build, giving us stability. If the new manager failed then sweeping changes upstairs must be made as clearly someone is failing.What are the criteria we are looking for ? What manager would sign a 5-year deal at Hibs and respect it ? I agree we would benefit from having a manager for more than a couple of years ( IF backed up by a good coaching team , an improved scouting network and a General Manager ) and I hope Pat Fenlon is that manager . Whatever , all debate on manager`s future should be delayed until after the semi . If we win , he`ll be even more in demand .

ThirdManRun
06-04-2013, 09:27 PM

The term a manager gets is irrelevant. What matters is their performance. Fenlon had had enough time to be judged in my opinion.

He has his own players throughout the team, and there is minimal sign of improvement. I don't expect them to be perfect, but I do expect to see a semblance of tactics/strategy/know how within the team.

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-04-2013, 09:33 PM
What are the criteria we are looking for ? What manager would sign a 5-year deal at Hibs and respect it ? I agree we would benefit from having a manager for more than a couple of years ( IF backed up by a good coaching team , an improved scouting network and a General Manager ) and I hope Pat Fenlon is that manager . Whatever , all debate on manager`s future should be delayed until after the semi . If we win , he`ll be even more in demand .

What more than he is just now? Surely not! :greengrin

HIBEETILLIDIE
06-04-2013, 09:40 PM
I can't fathom his tactics/team formation and there is no doubt he has been far too negative since the turn of the year. But it wasn't like that earlier in the season and the performance against Dundee Utd away was really encouraging and I really thought we had turned the corner. I just hope if he is here next season he signs the players that has us putting in performances more like that instead of this negative crap we've had to put up with recently.

I really hope he is NOT here next season!

Hibernia Na Eir
06-04-2013, 09:45 PM
Think a lot of Hibs fans must start realising that we may be bigger than your Kilmarnocks and Ross Cty's but our budget is absolutely rubbish. To be told to forget going in for Eire league lads for nominal sums from your board tells you everthing...

ThirdManRun
06-04-2013, 09:47 PM
Think a lot of Hibs fans must start realising that we may be bigger than your Kilmarnocks and Ross Cty's but our budget is absolutely rubbish.

That's not borne out by wage statistics over the last few years. But even if were, it's not the budget per se, but how we've spent it.

Mikey
06-04-2013, 09:48 PM
To be told to forget going in for Eire league lads for nominal sums from your board tells you everthing...

When did the board say that?

IberianHibernian
06-04-2013, 10:08 PM
Instead of asking about what happens if we finish 11th what about what will happen if we win Scottish Cup , finish league strongly with some new young players making an impact and get a big draw in Europa League ? If it happens should we spend a lot on new signings ? I`d suggest delaying all decisions till we know if we`ll be in SC final .

Bostonhibby
06-04-2013, 10:18 PM

Not really good enough at this stage of the league decline, and like many on here who seen / heard the last couple of games for themselves I'd prefer not to hear this type of reaction as I dont feel its consistent with reality.

Today was a game against the best team in a shocking league I felt we could have had a bit more of a go and still lost but its been more than just today in the league and there have been quite a few explanations that don't really square away our annual and probably now terminal slump in league form.

There has been something missing tactically and organisationally in the league games I have been at this season, particularly at home. I expected and still am prepared to accept there will be setbacks along the way as Fenlon Changes personnel in the quest for improvement but am a bit concerned that when I look back at key stages of a season actual progress as measured by results / league position is not great compared to some around us. I am delighted with the cup run and the showing in the games themselves, I have attended them all.

I can't understand the endless passing across midfield then backwards for someone to lump it upfield, ICT last week were on us and shooting after 2 or 3 passes. We are swamped with midfielders who rarely shoot.

I am still just about in the work in progress camp and backing the manager becasue of what he inherited, and some positives since, but the progress this year against last feels marginal now, instead of fighting to get away from the bottom like last season we are sliding towards it with no real prospect of going down but the enthusiasm it generates feels about the same as last season for me.

I consoled myself with the thought that the manager also knew all these things and seemed to be working on bringing different types of players in but I just hope that they do not end up being moulded into more of the same - if the culture is to set ourselves up not to get beat first then real progress has to be when we start doing a bit more than that consistently, its looking to me like, most teams have worked out that if you can stifle Griffiths or at least the supply to him we are stuffed.

Anyway, end of beer coloured analysis, we are bound to win the cup, illogical, its the Hibs way.

Bostonhibby
06-04-2013, 10:20 PM

hibee19
06-04-2013, 11:02 PM
What are the criteria we are looking for ? What manager would sign a 5-year deal at Hibs and respect it ? I agree we would benefit from having a manager for more than a couple of years ( IF backed up by a good coaching team , an improved scouting network and a General Manager ) and I hope Pat Fenlon is that manager . Whatever , all debate on manager`s future should be delayed until after the semi . If we win , he`ll be even more in demand .

In searching for a manager obviously the criteria would have to be decided on first which if successful would be a long term philosophy. In my opinion our manager should look to play attractive football which hopefully would attract bigger crowds than we are currently seeing, he would excel at bringing through our young players in the hope of selling the best on, thats the best way for an SPL club to prosper, selling players and putting the money back into the team, he (assisted by a scouting network) would be very clever in the transfer market with what little money we do have to spend and even in defeat he would put out a team with some passion and some fight.

I hope Pat Fenlon is that manager too but its becoming less and less likely. I know with the lack of money at Hibs and in the SPL as a whole finding a manager who fits every part of your criteria is difficult but that is why I don't want to wait until December, when we're in a relegation battle to sack a failing manager and being forced to replace him as soon as possible.

As far as leaving discussions of new managers until after the semi...I would agree if I were say Rod Petrie but I'm not. I'm a single fan and at the end of the day I'm a fan sharing a view and I'd be very surprised if me sharing my views on Pat Fenlon or any future manager loses us the semi-final. As I've already stated if Fenlon wins he deserves to stay until at least the cup final to finish what he started and if he wins the cup no-one will be happier than me and I'll personally start the thread in support of his statue being erected outside Easter Road.

Bristolhibby
07-04-2013, 08:12 AM

Don't forget 0-1 at home v Ross County. (The SPLs "surprise packages" this season.

J

Boyle89
07-04-2013, 09:05 AM
Fenlon tried 4-2-3-1 an we got pumped 1st game. We then played 4-4-2 an had success. Then Doyle and cairney lost form and we went 4-5-1 and have had minimal success. We have been chronic for months but Fenlon can't seem to figure out why. If we lose on Saturday (please god let us win!) then he should be out. To not make top 6 in this current league is a farce, especially when you consider teams like county an St Johnstone have beaten us to top 6.

Andy74
07-04-2013, 09:10 AM
Fenlon tried 4-2-3-1 an we got pumped 1st game. We then played 4-4-2 an had success. Then Doyle and cairney lost form and we went 4-5-1 and have had minimal success. We have been chronic for months but Fenlon can't seem to figure out why. If we lose on Saturday (please god let us win!) then he should be out. To not make top 6 in this current league is a farce, especially when you consider teams like county an St Johnstone have beaten us to top 6.

Are people still puzzled as to why these teams have done better than us? Consistency in coaching and playing staff. Lets not ensure that we never get to that stage ourselves.

Boyle89
07-04-2013, 09:22 AM
Are people still puzzled as to why these teams have done better than us? Consistency in coaching and playing staff. Lets not ensure that we never get to that stage ourselves.

I understand consistency helps but in all honesty do you believe fenlon is the man to get us where we should be? From what I've seen this season I am having serious doubts. We all want him to succeed but we are so woeful right now and I really don't know how we will turn it around. Regardless I will still support him and the boys on the park but he has to do something to change my mind and I feel I'm not alone in feeling this way.

marinello59
07-04-2013, 09:25 AM

Should we have stuck with Calderwood then?

Aldo
07-04-2013, 09:54 AM

M59

Watch yursel I nearly got a hit team at my door for suggesting that to an unhappy poster a few weeks back!! ;-)

Bostonhibby
07-04-2013, 10:00 AM

Do you mean stuck one on Calderwood? If so then it was probably every Hibbys' duty after the bag of sweeties incident or even earlier! :wink

Mikey
07-04-2013, 10:01 AM
Think a lot of Hibs fans must start realising that we may be bigger than your Kilmarnocks and Ross Cty's but our budget is absolutely rubbish. To be told to forget going in for Eire league lads for nominal sums from your board tells you everthing...

When did the board say that?

The answer to that of course is that they didn't.

I really don't see why people want to take a bad situation and make it worse by simply making things up. It makes no sense at all.

Aldo
07-04-2013, 11:22 AM
Tbh I don't think it matters who we have as manager or who we sign they just won't be good enough.

Both Butcher and Adams have brought in players that have taken a time to settle... Not world beaters but after a couple if seasons together they are now a TEAM. Adding a player here and a player there to complement/enhance what they have.

I hate getting beaten and putting in poor performances but we need some continuity at the club... Not changing managers and going through transitional/rebuilding processes every couple if seasons.

Beefster
07-04-2013, 12:08 PM

I can't wait to hear the convoluted logic behind this answer.

Nakedmanoncrack
07-04-2013, 12:13 PM
I'll be very surprised if we dont finish 11th, does anyone think we'll win another SPL game this season? Last Derby at Tynecastle should give Hearts enough to finish above us & with exception of Dundee the others in bottom six all better than us. Fenlon should go right now IMO.

marinello59
07-04-2013, 12:18 PM
I can't wait to hear the convoluted logic behind this answer.

There is no logic.
If we are to persist with Fenlon merely to ensure continuity in the coaching staff then we surely we should have stuck with Calderwood. Which would have been ludicrous.

Speedy
07-04-2013, 12:30 PM

How many points have we taken from Dundee this year?

marinello59
07-04-2013, 12:31 PM
How many points have we taken from Dundee this year?

4 from 9.

Ozyhibby
07-04-2013, 03:29 PM
Tbh I don't think it matters who we have as manager or who we sign they just won't be good enough.

Both Butcher and Adams have brought in players that have taken a time to settle... Not world beaters but after a couple if seasons together they are now a TEAM. Adding a player here and a player there to complement/enhance what they have.

I hate getting beaten and putting in poor performances but we need some continuity at the club... Not changing managers and going through transitional/rebuilding processes every couple if seasons.

Butcher signed 19 players last summer. They made up about half they're squad last week.
It's a nonsense to suggest that it's been a slow rebuilding process at Inverness.

Fergus52
07-04-2013, 03:34 PM

Keith_M
07-04-2013, 03:42 PM

Actually, nearly every team does. Have a look at this (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?261126-What-would-the-SPL-Table-look-like-if-Rangers-hadn-t-been-replaced-by-Dundee) thread I posted on the subject.

Mikey
07-04-2013, 03:45 PM
nearly every team does.

Thank you :agree:

Keith_M
07-04-2013, 03:51 PM
Thank you :agree:

You're welcome :greengrin

TBH, the table I made is kinda meaningless as far as what would ACTUALLY have happened if Rangers hadn't been replaced by Dundee (we'll never really know). What I would love to know is just how badly the current 'The Rangers' team would have gotten on in the SPL this season :wink:

HoboHarry
07-04-2013, 04:00 PM
Actually, nearly every team does. Have a look at this (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?261126-What-would-the-SPL-Table-look-like-if-Rangers-hadn-t-been-replaced-by-Dundee) thread I posted on the subject.
It doesn't really matter what you imaginary table shows though does it? You have Rangers ahead of Celtic by 10 points and yet Celtic won the league last season with ease and Rangers had no transfer budget last summer even if they had survived. The table you have is simply not a reflection of reality.

DH1875
07-04-2013, 04:24 PM
It's frustrating when folk miss the point. I don't want us to blow cash left right and centre. How come Motherwell can pick a good manager? Or ICT. Dons just got McInnes who I think will do well. Utd I also think have a good manager in the making. These teams pay less than us so for me the board are failing. Forget about the managers. What I want to know is how come they can attract better players?
Well yes to a certain extent. It's like having a racehorse. Most of them never win of them but it is that thrill of the maybe this time which hooks you. Sorry, I might be odd Aye but if you had a horse who kept coming last and was being overtaken by donkeys then it'd soon be in the tesco burgers.
Think a lot of Hibs fans must start realising that we may be bigger than your Kilmarnocks and Ross Cty's but our budget is absolutely rubbish. To be told to forget going in for Eire league lads for nominal sums from your board tells you everthing... So are you saying our budget is less than Ross County's and Killie? Have a word, it might be bad but it's far from the worst and everyone else seems to be able to get players.

Keith_M
07-04-2013, 04:30 PM
It doesn't really matter what you imaginary table shows though does it? You have Rangers ahead of Celtic by 10 points and yet Celtic won the league last season with ease and Rangers had no transfer budget last summer even if they had survived. The table you have is simply not a reflection of reality.

Well, I did actually say exactly that in both that thread and the post above.

All the table was intended to do was to settle an argument as to roughly what difference there is between the points teams acumulated against Dundee this season compared to what they accumulated against Rangers last season, along with a hypothetical table that shows the difference.

Oh and I at no time suggested that (The) Rangers would be winning the league, so don't get your knickers in a knot :greengrin

Jeez, some people take things so seriously sometimes.

Stevie Reid
07-04-2013, 07:22 PM

Care to predict the score since you're so certain? I'm curious to know what would be classed as an annihilation, as well as the reasons as to why an above average First Division team will annihilate us when the champions of Scotland who qualified for the latter stages of the Champions League didn't manage to.

Wheat Hound
07-04-2013, 07:49 PM
When do Hertz go into admin?

Jonnyboy
07-04-2013, 07:59 PM
M59

Watch yursel I nearly got a hit team at my door for suggesting that to an unhappy poster a few weeks back!! ;-)

It's a perfectly fair question though and I look forward to reading the answer :greengrin

KeithTheHibby
07-04-2013, 08:01 PM

Stop banging that drum, it is getting boring.

Mikey
07-04-2013, 08:04 PM
Stop banging that drum, it is getting boring.

It's true though.

jacomo
07-04-2013, 09:00 PM

Unnecessary. Fortunately I know next to nothing about Falkirk this season so based on League status alone am hopeful Hibs can win the semi final. But I can understand those who think we are going to lose. Somehow, with a chance to aim for glory this season, Hibs have fallen to bits again.

Aldo
07-04-2013, 09:33 PM
Unnecessary. Fortunately I know next to nothing about Falkirk this season so based on League status alone am hopeful Hibs can win the semi final. But I can understand those who think we are going to lose. Somehow, with a chance to aim for glory this season, Hibs have fallen to bits again.

Youthful team who try and play football. They rely heavily on the boy Taylor and another lad Alssopp or something like that. But hot and cold this season.

They are running scared of Leigh and how he can hurt them.

Friends are ST holders at Falkirk and think that they will be up for it and will be at it from the off.

Really do think we will get a result on Sat but think they will score.

SteveHFC
08-04-2013, 07:23 PM
If we finish 11th and lose to Falkirk then Fenlon can gtf :aok: