PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Celtic 3 v 0 Hibernian

Pages : 1 [2]

SquashedFrogg
06-04-2013, 07:49 PM
Billywhizz was at Parkhead Today, and witnessed as did all travelling supporter's an absolutely appalling display......Telling him not to go next week is petty and stupid.....

I never told him not to go? I suggested it...

My point is that it was an overreaction saying it was the worst display in years. Yes, we were very poor today but I've seen a lot worse "in years" and indeed, this season. I've mentioned 3 games that were much worse.

If someone feels that strongly I would suggest they don't go next week as it's not a place for the negative, week minded...

Can I ask what score you expected today after last week?

Baldy Foghorn
06-04-2013, 07:52 PM

My point is that it was an overreaction saying it was the worst display in years. Yes, we were very poor today but I've seen a lot worse "in years" and indeed, this season. I've mentioned 3 games that were much worse.

If someone feels that strongly I would suggest they don't go next week as it's not a place for the negative, week minded...

Don't know what score I "expected", however I expected to see us perforn with heart and pride, not surrender meekly without a shot.....Is that too much to expect??

SquashedFrogg
06-04-2013, 07:54 PM
Cheers Baldy, it was terrible

I agree it was terrible but we have been terrible for a while now. Or am I missing something? Of of all the defeats, I just don't understand why you choose an away defeat to the league's strongest team to declare our "worst display in years". Maybe I'm being stupid but I could've sworn we've had many worse displays than that in recent years?

Baldy Foghorn
06-04-2013, 07:58 PM
I agree it was terrible but we have been terrible for a while now. Or am I missing something? Of of all the defeats, I just don't understand why you choose an away defeat to the league's strongest team to declare our "worst display in years". Maybe I'm being stupid but I could've sworn we've had many worse displays than that in recent years?

Maybe because Celtc never had to get out of second gear.....Will they have an easier afternoon?.....Wonder how many other teams have managed not a solitary shot against them?

Billy Whizz
06-04-2013, 08:00 PM

Yes we have been terrible for a while now, I'm glad we agree on something! But I thought we would go and give it a shot today.
Didn't expect what we got served up.
In my opinion it was one of my recent poorest performances and I've been to a few over the years. A matter of opinion of course.
As the eternal optimist, I hope this performance gives us the kick up the backside we need to rescue our season next week.

Speedway
06-04-2013, 08:00 PM
Today's Pat Facts.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hibernian/220424-pat-fenlon-tells-hibernian-players-to-prove-they-merit-hampden-spot/?

"I don't think there is too many who came off the park today who can have a moan if they are not in the team next week," he said.

"It gives me a lot to think about because that performance is not good enough.

"We had three or four who had pass marks, the rest didn't do enough. So it is a big week for people in training now. If they want to get into the semi-final team they are going to work tremendously hard to do that because I didn't see that from some of them.

"We didn't show enough commitment or have the belief that we could give ourselves a chance to get into the top-six.

"There was maybe a bit of acceptance rather than a desire to give ourselves a fighting chance and that is more disappointing than anything."

Baldy Foghorn
06-04-2013, 08:09 PM
Today's Pat Facts.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hibernian/220424-pat-fenlon-tells-hibernian-players-to-prove-they-merit-hampden-spot/?

"I don't think there is too many who came off the park today who can have a moan if they are not in the team next week," he said.

"We had three or four who had pass marks, the rest didn't do enough. So it is a big week for people in training now. If they want to get into the semi-final team they are going to work tremendously hard to do that because I didn't see that from some of them.

"We didn't show enough commitment or have the belief that we could give ourselves a chance to get into the top-six.

"There was maybe a bit of acceptance rather than a desire to give ourselves a fighting chance and that is more disappointing than anything."

All in all, pretty damning......It's not the result per se that rankles with me, it was the performance (or lack of it).....

Pretty Boy
06-04-2013, 08:13 PM
All in all, pretty damning......It's not the result per se that rankles with me, it was the performance (or lack of it).....

I think it's the same for most of us.

We can all realise todays result was perhaps not unexpected, the performance was dire though and is a culmination of 3 months ofbpoor performances. That's going to cause peoples patience to go eventually. I finally lost mine today, absolutely not good enough, a game we had to win and we didn't even seem to try to do so.

J-C
06-04-2013, 08:14 PM
Today's Pat Facts.

Surely the bit in bold comes from him and his boring negative tactics, set a team up not to get bet and they will have that bored senseless mentality, set them up to play a natural attacking game and they'll go out and enjoy themselves.

I watched the St Johnstone v Inv C game earlier today, although it was goalless, both teams played the ball on the deck, played with pace and it was a cracking wee game to watch, why?? because they're allowed to play in an attractive way by their managers.

Billy Whizz
06-04-2013, 08:15 PM

We can all realise todays result was perhaps not unexpected, the performance was dire though and is a culmination of 3 months ofbpoor performances. That's going to cause peoples patience to go eventually. I finally lost mine today, absolutely not good enough, a game we had to win and we didn't even seem to try to do so.

Spot on. I don't think the fans that couldn't go today, really understand how bad it was!

Baldy Foghorn
06-04-2013, 08:22 PM

Spot on.....Not acceptable

Notahappyhibee
06-04-2013, 08:34 PM
Honestly it was worse than you can imagine!
Might give Harris a few good points, but can't offer anything to anyone else. Worst performance in years in my opinion, and I generally dont knock us, but it could easily have been 5 or 6 nil. Can't remember us in recent times being so outplayed and offered no resistance!
I'd love to know where we go from here.

I take it you weren't at the Q O S game then ?

Billy Whizz
06-04-2013, 08:36 PM
I take it you weren't at the Q O S game then ?

Yup, was there too. And your point is....

JohnStephens91
06-04-2013, 08:59 PM
He really is, nae home league wins since Mid November, need I say more?

Take it you forgot about the win against Celtic on 29th December? Admittedly still rank but if you are having a go at least get it right :wink:

JohnStephens91
06-04-2013, 09:07 PM
Yup, was there too. And your point is....

I've been to every game this season and I'd say that today was certainly up there for the worst. Queen of the South was dire, Motherwell a few weeks ago was rank, at home against Ross County on Boxing Day and against Dundee United in the opening game of the season are four worse performances than today off the top of my head. I think what people are disputing is the fact you are saying worst in recent memory when we have been rolled over 5-0 by Celtic at Easter Road within the last year and of course there was a game I'm not going to mention...

I understand people are saying things like 'this team beat Barcelona' or 'they could have won the league' and whilst it is true that should not have meant the players could go out and not give it their best shot. People critcising the fans who spent £28/29 on a ticket and then travel money for saying it was an inept performance is poor.

I still have belief in Pat though, he started off from such a low base following on from last season and I can only hope he can secure the players he needs to kick on for next season.

BEEJ
06-04-2013, 09:08 PM
Today's Pat Facts.

The problem, Pat, is that this attitude is not unique to today. This lack of passion and energy has been the player reaction in too many SPL fixtures over the last four months or so.

What are you and Lo'B doing to motivate these guys in the dressing room? We've had enough of these listless displays. :cb

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-04-2013, 09:17 PM
Take it you forgot about the win against Celtic on 29th December? Admittedly still rank but if you are having a go at least get it right :wink:

I blame the festive season! :greengrin

I've tried to put that game out of my mind for months as I had a sizable bet on Glasgow Hibs that day. :duck:

Alfred E Newman
06-04-2013, 09:28 PM

My point is that it was an overreaction saying it was the worst display in years. Yes, we were very poor today but I've seen a lot worse "in years" and indeed, this season. I' mentioned 3 games that were much worse.

If next weeks crowd was only made up of supporters who were confident we would win, there would not be many there. We have been slapped in the face too many times in the past. That does not mean that the 15000 or so who go next week will not get behind the team.

Heedersnvolleys
06-04-2013, 10:08 PM
Surely the bit in bold comes from him and his boring negative tactics, set a team up not to get bet and they will have that bored senseless mentality, set them up to play a natural attacking game and they'll go out and enjoy themselves.

I watched the St Johnstone v Inv C game earlier today, although it was goalless, both teams played the ball on the deck, played with pace and it was a cracking wee game to watch, why?? because they're allowed to play in an attractive way by their managers.

I agree with you but we are also talking about professional, grown men here not an under 14s team they can make there own decisions, very little leadership even from McPake. You would think the players should take some initiative themselves to address things that are not working.

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-04-2013, 10:16 PM
I agree with you but we are also talking about professional, grown men here not an under 14s team they can make there own decisions, very little leadership even from McPake. You would think the players should take some initiative themselves to address things that are not working.

I'm not sure that McPake will ever recover from the going over he received from Higdon in the last game through at Fir Park, He looks like a shell of his former self these days.

silverhibee
06-04-2013, 10:28 PM

Can i just say Pretty Boy that i agree with everything you have posted tonight, you have been spot on with everything you have said that is wrong with Hibs just now. :agree: :greengrin

:top marks :aok:

The Green Goblin
07-04-2013, 04:58 AM
This is a team who beat Barcelona we played today some perspective please....

We beat this same team at ER a few months ago.

Braids Hibby
07-04-2013, 05:57 AM
We beat this same team at ER a few months ago.

We're they playing for the league title that day ?

Borderhibbie76
07-04-2013, 10:33 AM

Exactly, find it hard to believe that anyone actually thought we would go thru there and win today. Granted the performance was poor but we now need to regroup, players, management and fans alike and have a positive build up to a simply must win Semi Final next weekend. Defeat and the ramifications are unthinkable at the moment!!!

JohnStephens91
07-04-2013, 12:33 PM
Exactly, find it hard to believe that anyone actually thought we would go thru there and win today. Granted the performance was poor but we now need to regroup, players, management and fans alike and have a positive build up to a simply must win Semi Final next weekend. Defeat and the ramifications are unthinkable at the moment!!!

I didn't think we would win, but I expected us to have a bit more heart.

The Green Goblin
07-04-2013, 07:59 PM

It`s totally irrelevant BH. It`s the same two teams.

But your post above is changing your argument. To address that point: both teams had a lot at stake yesterday.

Your original point was that we should keep things in perspective because this Celtic team had beaten Barcelona this season. I was saying that wasn`t an excuse for yesterday`s drubbing, because we had already beaten them this season and therefore hypothetically should be able to do so again.

If you want perspective, ask yourself how many of our last 20 league games we have won...and that will give you a wide enough view of how things really are right now.

GG

SteveHFC
08-04-2013, 07:22 PM
So were we really that bad on saturday? :greengrin