PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Harper

SouthMoroccoStu
06-04-2013, 08:53 AM
New player profile on the Hibs Trust Website

Kevin Harper (http://www.hibshistoricaltrust.org.uk/player-profiles/item/142-kevin-harper)

I was only young when he was at hibs but I still remember him being fast and exciting to watch.

Gutted when he left

:flag:

spike220
06-04-2013, 09:12 AM
Top class bloke, my dad and I met him at a match at Easter road not too long ago. He still follows Hibs and brings his kids along too. A great footballer and real decent guy.

One of my favourite players.

WeegieHibby
06-04-2013, 09:38 AM
Top class bloke, my dad and I met him at a match at Easter road not too long ago. He still follows Hibs and brings his kids along too. A great footballer and real decent guy.

One of my favourite players.

Im sorry but that's just plain untrue. He works for a Glasgow security firm now as a sakes rep. Dealt with him a lot, grade A bawbag. He told me that he hated playing football, and can't really remember any specific hibs game he played. He most certainly isn't a Hibs fan, hasn't been in years and is inclined toward Celtic.

To totally confirm his bawbaggery, he got done for knocking about hibs wife. Top bloke.

sorry, to rant, but Harper was my hero as a boy in the 90's and I've never been so disappointed as when I met him!

spike220
06-04-2013, 10:15 AM
Im sorry but that's just plain untrue. He works for a Glasgow security firm now as a sakes rep. Dealt with him a lot, grade A bawbag. He told me that he hated playing football, and can't really remember any specific hibs game he played. He most certainly isn't a Hibs fan, hasn't been in years and is inclined toward Celtic.

To totally confirm his bawbaggery, he got done for knocking about hibs wife. Top bloke.

sorry, to rant, but Harper was my hero as a boy in the 90's and I've never been so disappointed as when I met him!

Sorry mate but I got my picture taken with the guy at the St Johnstone game at the start of the season at half time, he had his two kids with him and we talked for a while about the good old days, he said he gets to matches when he can. He also spoke to a number of other fans and signed a few programs for folk, he seemed to be enjoying himself and the fans were greatful.

Not sure you have got the right bloke!

spike220
06-04-2013, 10:20 AM
He is doing a good impression of Hibs supporter here:

http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/football/hibs/kevin-harper-has-high-hopes-hibs-can-beat-odds-against-hearts-1-2462821

spike220
06-04-2013, 10:22 AM
He is doing a good impression of Hibs supporter here too last August:

http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/football/hibs/kevin-harper-has-high-hopes-hibs-can-beat-odds-against-hearts-1-2462821

NYHibby
06-04-2013, 10:31 AM

While it wouldn't surprise me if a retired footballer acted differently in a private non-football situation compared to when he is randomly approached at a game, he does have a recently updated LinkedIn profile. According to his profile he has been working in telecom sales. He doesn't have a security firm listed.

spike220
06-04-2013, 10:34 AM
While it wouldn't surprise me if a retired footballer acted differently in a private non-football situation compared to when he is randomly approached at a game, he does have a recently updated LinkedIn profile. According to his profile he has been working in telecom sales. He doesn't have a security firm listed.

Starting to look like someone is telling porky pies here!!

NYHibby
06-04-2013, 10:36 AM
He is doing a good impression of Hibs supporter here:

He was working at Rainbow Communications at the time so it's not like he had much of a choice.

spike220
06-04-2013, 10:39 AM
He was working at Rainbow Communications at the time so it's not like he had much of a choice.

Perhaps for this photo, but it didnt look like he was working when I met him with his family. I am sure there are other folk on here that have met at Easter road too.

Off the bar
06-04-2013, 11:05 AM
He scored one if my favourite hibs goals against them at ER running from just inside our half twisting and turning before curling one past giles pussy, never met the dude but a legend in my eyes for that goal!

Iceman1875
06-04-2013, 11:46 AM
I'm sure I read somewhere he had his own tailoring business in Glasgow. He's definatly a Hibee anyway!

Captain Trips
06-04-2013, 01:23 PM
I thought he was not a bad player good pace just hit n miss in front of goal. I always thought he was a Celtic supporter but will have had an affection for us. I met him once and he was ok but I have no clue on him as a person based on that.

GlenrothesHibee
06-04-2013, 01:57 PM
He scored one if my favourite hibs goals against them at ER running from just inside our half twisting and turning before curling one past giles pussy, never met the dude but a legend in my eyes for that goal!

That was my first ever derby. The East stand wast pandemonium after Harpers goal

GlenrothesHibee
06-04-2013, 01:58 PM

That was my first ever derby. The East stand was pandemonium after Harpers goal

heretoday
06-04-2013, 02:28 PM

I think Lavety scored the first goal. Could be wrong.

The Green Goblin
06-04-2013, 02:31 PM
That was my first ever derby. The East stand wast pandemonium after Harpers goal

I remember that. Was in the east stand that day and ended up miles away from my seat in the utter chaos that followed that goal, falling over folk and everyone jumping around like mentalists. Brilliant

The Green Goblin
06-04-2013, 02:35 PM
I think Lavety scored the first goal. Could be wrong.

It was Lavety. Fell over after he hit it. :greengrin Great moment

neilmartinrocks
06-04-2013, 03:49 PM
I can mind taking the mates laddies to Gleneagles a few years back. K.H. was there and came over to talk to them as they were wearing Hibs tops. They didnae hae a scooby who he was but he still came over to talk to them and they got his autograph and a photo taken with him. Sound guy and a HIBEE.

ancient hibee
06-04-2013, 04:54 PM
He was a trier but was only good for a goal every 5/6 games.

Off the bar
06-04-2013, 05:32 PM
I remember that. Was in the east stand that day and ended up miles away from my seat in the utter chaos that followed that goal, falling over folk and everyone jumping around like mentalists. Brilliant

had a very similar experience that day, was the first time I'd seen us beat them, anyone know if there are highlights on youtube? I've got them on VHS but no player

Wotherspiniesta
06-04-2013, 06:11 PM
Kevin has had a lot to deal with during his football career. Growing up in a rough part of Glasgow in the early 90's must have been difficult for a black boy trying to make a name for himself. Not only that but the infamous Gary Mackay monkey taunt thing that was swept under the club by the Scottish governing bodies. He was injured a lot in his career and he wasn't paid on time during his time at Pompey, where he was managed by a paedophile.

Having said that, he was my favourite player as a lad and a legend in my eyes :not worth

Mon Dieu4
06-04-2013, 07:38 PM
was excellent and full of pace when he first broke through, unfortunately he wasn't the same player after his bad leg break, not sure if he lost a bit confidence or the injury did it

loved the guy though

judas
06-04-2013, 08:04 PM
New player profile on the Hibs Trust Website

Kevin Harper (http://www.hibshistoricaltrust.org.uk/player-profiles/item/142-kevin-harper)

I was only young when he was at hibs but I still remember him being fast and exciting to watch.

Gutted when he left

:flag:

Without a question or doubt, one of the most overrated players I have ever seen at ER.

Billy Whizz
06-04-2013, 08:09 PM
Without a question or doubt, one of the most overrated players I have ever seen at ER.

Judas, Ha ha, and I've played with a few on the Hibs.net team

judas
06-04-2013, 08:10 PM
Judas, Ha ha, and I've played with a few on the Hibs.net team

Lol. I think I scored more goals than Harper.

Billy Whizz
06-04-2013, 08:11 PM
Lol. I think I scored more goals than Harper.

I made you look good Johnny boy

judas
06-04-2013, 08:22 PM
I made you look good Johnny boy

He he. Probably. I'm still better than Harper was.

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-04-2013, 08:38 PM
That was my first ever derby. The East stand was pandemonium after Harpers goal

11/4/98 if the picture above my bed is correct! :thumbsup:

Billy Whizz
06-04-2013, 08:41 PM
11/4/98 if the picture above my bed is correct! :thumbsup:

Was that the year we went down, or was it the following year

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-04-2013, 08:45 PM
Was that the year we went down, or was it the following year

It was indeed Duff Jimmy's glorious relegation campaign! :agree:

I'm sure he would've got emptied and we might have stayed up if we had lost the New Years Derby @ Tynie although when they went 2-0 I thought revenge for 0-7 was on the horizon! :rolleyes: