PDA

View Full Version : Help - Semi-Final by Train

Ceebs
05-04-2013, 06:25 PM
There are 5 of us (1 child + 2 concessions) travelling through on Saturday by train from Edinburgh, anyone know if there are any special arrangements re train times planned. Also not sure whether to go to Mount Florida and walk the extra distance or go to Kings whatever it is names is?

Any help as usual appreciated guys, cheers in advance.

:hnet:

JimBHibees
05-04-2013, 06:35 PM
There are 5 of us (1 child + 2 concessions) travelling through on Saturday by train from Edinburgh, anyone know if there are any special arrangements re train times planned. Also not sure whether to go to Mount Florida and walk the extra distance or go to Kings whatever it is names is?

Any help as usual appreciated guys, cheers in advance.

:hnet:

Mount Florida is much closer although technically at wrong end of the ground only a couple of minutes walk and much more regular trains. Only 10 mins or so from Central.

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-04-2013, 06:44 PM
Ask for a kids go free ticket. Up to two kids aged 5-15 travel free with each paying adult.

ZIBBY'SGLOVES
05-04-2013, 07:01 PM
With 5 of you going it is as cheap to get a taxi from central Glasgow, takes about 15 mins and about £12 if I remember correctly. Much cheaper than Edinburgh Blacks.

Hibernia Na Eir
05-04-2013, 07:15 PM
With 5 of you going it is as cheap to get a taxi from central Glasgow, takes about 15 mins and about £12 if I remember correctly. Much cheaper than Edinburgh Blacks.

and Glesgie private cabs are even cheaper.

NYHibby
05-04-2013, 07:18 PM

No, the train is still cheaper. With the two kids being free, 1 adult and 2 seniors cost less than £5 total for a return from Glasgow Central.

JohnStephens91
05-04-2013, 09:31 PM
As already stated Mount Florida is much closer to Hampden than King's Park, I'd just get the train to there from Central Station.

Ceebs
06-04-2013, 07:53 AM
Cheers guys for the help as usual, will take the train to MF as suggested, should be no hassle from wrong end next week.

GGTTH

Sweet Left Peg
06-04-2013, 08:13 AM
After the game, I would walk the extra distance to Cathcart which is the stop before Mount Florida as you come into the city. Only ten minutes from the ground but you will be guaranteed a seat before the masses jump on at Mount Florida.

I did this after the Scotland Wales game and was glad I had.

ALF TUPPER
06-04-2013, 09:02 AM
Hampden Cabs - private hire . Cheaper than a black hack . :-)

DH1875
07-04-2013, 11:53 AM
Cheers guys for the help as usual, will take the train to MF as suggested, should be no hassle from wrong end next week. GGTTH If you've got kids in your group then defo get off at MF as there's plenty shops and places to grab a bite to eat. Always find there's a better atmosphere around here, especially on the way to the stadium as there's always fans about. KP has nothing around it and is a walk through some streets that only have houses so there's never anyone around except those who were on the train with you. If the specials are running then head to KP after the game for the train back into the city. No need to worry about getting a seat as their direct and only take 5 mins. Plus if we win they'll be bouncing