PDA

View Full Version : Gareth Bale Ouch!!!!!

Captain Trips
04-04-2013, 08:54 PM
Bale just went over in a sickner on his ankle looked really bad. Could be out for a long time.

kaimendhibs
04-04-2013, 08:56 PM
That looked very nasty!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WindyMiller
04-04-2013, 08:57 PM
Season ended I.M.O.

Iggy Pope
04-04-2013, 08:59 PM
Just stretchered off. Badly turned his ankle. Ligaments maybe? A bad sprain at best.
Maybe the one occasion when he couldn't have stayed on his feet.
(PS - Not sure which Basle AVB had been watching, but they looked a better side than Spurs tonight)

EDIT: Please merge!

SMAXXA
04-04-2013, 08:59 PM
Poof......just strap it up and get back out there this wk-end. Seriously though that looked a real sore one, fingers crossed its not as bad as it looked.

Northernhibee
04-04-2013, 09:01 PM
Might just be me but he does seem prone to little injuries and that (although this seems much worse than that), hope that all the little knocks and injuries don't wreck his career like they did for Michael Owen.

SMAXXA
04-04-2013, 09:03 PM
Might just be me but he does seem prone to little injuries and that (although this seems much worse than that), hope that all the little knocks and injuries don't wreck his career like they did for Michael Owen.

I wasn't aware he has actually picked up many injuries or missed many games through injury the last few years?

Northernhibee
04-04-2013, 09:24 PM
I wasn't aware he has actually picked up many injuries or missed many games through injury the last few years?

Might just be me then. Could be guilty of mixing up a FM save with real life :greengrin

Allant1981
04-04-2013, 09:34 PM
Did he not miss most of a season a few yrs back due to a bad injury?

heretoday
04-04-2013, 09:41 PM
The way he gallops about I'm surprised he doesn't get injured more often. Bad one tonight though. Spurs were terrible. They need a central defence and two strikers. That must be just about their worst performance of the season.

SMAXXA
04-04-2013, 09:46 PM
The way he gallops about I'm surprised he doesn't get injured more often. Bad one tonight though. Spurs were terrible. They need a central defence and two strikers. That must be just about their worst performance of the season.

I think you are being to critical and I disagree that they need the players in positions you mention. Let's not forget where they are in the league and the season they are having, every team has an of night and you can't say spurs have had too many of them this season.

lapsedhibee
04-04-2013, 09:48 PM
I think you are being to critical and I disagree that they need the players in positions you mention. Let's not forget where they are in the league and the season they are having, every team has an of night and you can't say spurs have had too many of them this season.

Be interesting to see whether Tottingham can retain third place without Bale's goals.

TomoHFC
04-04-2013, 09:51 PM
anyone got a link of the tackle?

iwasthere1972
04-04-2013, 09:53 PM
Be interesting to see whether Tottingham can retain third place without Bale's goals.

Tottenham have gone through some bad spells but that's the worst spell I've seen.

Sergey
04-04-2013, 10:19 PM
Poof......just strap it up and get back out there this wk-end. Seriously though that looked a real sore one, fingers crossed its not as bad as it looked. 

陽んttうせてゃtをrdぶd

J-C
04-04-2013, 10:57 PM
Seen it real time, then they had to show it in super slow mo, yea just what I want to see, still a nasty looking one though.

I remember when Joe Thiesman snapped his leg in a horror tackle, they showed it is super slow mo from various angles, all showing the leg snapping and the bone almost breaking through his trousers.

Falkirk Hibby
04-04-2013, 11:17 PM
Seen it real time, then they had to show it in super slow mo, yea just what I want to see, still a nasty looking one though.

I remember when Joe Thiesman snapped his leg in a horror tackle, they showed it is super slow mo from various angles, all showing the leg snapping and the bone almost breaking through his trousers.

First game of American footy I ever watched. Still remember that slow mo reply to this day! :sick:

JohnStephens91
04-04-2013, 11:50 PM
First game of American footy I ever watched. Still remember that slow mo reply to this day! :sick:

Nothing on Kevin Ware in college basketball and his double fracture and the bone coming 6 inches out of his leg just in the past week...

VickMackie
05-04-2013, 06:55 AM

I read they've not won a game he hasn't scored in since the 1st of jan.

J-C
05-04-2013, 08:54 AM
Nothing on Kevin Ware in college basketball and his double fracture and the bone coming 6 inches out of his leg just in the past week...
Yea seen that pic, nearly threw up, a real beaut.

Aldo
05-04-2013, 09:57 AM

What about the old 'Magic Sponge' ???
Good old fashioned freezing cold tap water!!

Sair yin tho. Ouch!!

heretoday
05-04-2013, 08:10 PM

I agree that they are having a great season in general. I'm only echoing my Spurs mate in Brighton who constantly berates AVB as being tactically inept in Europe.

Sigurdsson said in an interview after the match that they were "surprised" by Basel. This was a team who has beaten Man Utd etc. Surely they shouldn't have been such a surprise!

It could gave been 5-2 really and AVB must count himself lucky to have got away with a draw.
Spurs first Bale-free test comes on Sunday.

JohnStephens91
05-04-2013, 09:01 PM
Yea seen that pic, nearly threw up, a real beaut.

My wrist bone was out my skin when I broke and dislocated the bone when doing a physics experiment so it was alright looking at the leg. The people to the left of me in the computer centre grimaced though!

EdinMike
05-04-2013, 09:19 PM
My wrist bone was out my skin when I broke and dislocated the bone when doing a physics experiment so it was alright looking at the leg. The people to the left of me in the computer centre grimaced though!

What were you doing ?! Seeing how hard a vice could clamp ?! :wink:

JohnStephens91
05-04-2013, 09:26 PM
What were you doing ?! Seeing how hard a vice could clamp ?! :wink:

I wish it was that good. We were doing acceleration and deceleration experiments and because it was the first day back we made it 'fun' by having everyone sprinting. I wasn't wearing proper trainers because we were doing football in P.E and after the experiment the teacher wanted a race between the fastest boy and fastest girl. I was really far ahead of her and then my shoe half fell off and I tripped over it, instinctively I put my hands out but all the force went on my right arm and my wrist dislocated and snapped. Two and a half inches out of place and compound fracture to boot, two operations and a metal plate to sort it all out. Considering I smacked my head and shoulder off the concrete it could have been worse.

I was off school for ages, but not off Easter Road :greengrin