PDA

View Full Version : funchal madeira

eastterrace
04-04-2013, 08:28 PM
does anybody know any pubs over there for me to watch the semi final against falkirk, i have been over once before but not sure about getting to watch scottish football:flag:

ACLeith
04-04-2013, 09:25 PM
does anybody know any pubs over there for me to watch the semi final against falkirk, i have been over once before but not sure about getting to watch scottish football:flag:

Went to an Irish bar (Moynihans I think - www.moynihansbar.com) to watch the 6-4-0 international on Sky when I was there, they had different floors showing different games, so maybe they'll be showing it. Off topic, was sitting beside a sheep fan that night and neither of us could believe what we were seeing. After the game a waiter asked if he could switch to the Portugal qualifier to which we all said that he should have asked an hour before, we would have gladly let him change channels :rolleyes:

jonty
04-04-2013, 09:34 PM
theres also the prince albert, which is (you guessed it) and English pub but usually has plenty of sports on. Just past moynihans. If you can make it past kon-tiki :greengrin

essexhibee
04-04-2013, 10:30 PM
Ahh Funchal. Absolutely quality airport they have over there :thumbsup:

Lucius Apuleius
05-04-2013, 05:06 AM
Used to have an apartment just outside Funchal. Moynihans should have it on as as said earlier, if it is not advertised, ask and they will probably oblige, especially if you ask the mad Irishman himself. Prince Albert, not so sure about. They may, but better checking. Both are just outside Funchal, about a 10 minute walk up the hill (and it is a feckn big hill) towards Reids Hotel (lovely afternoon tea there by the way). As said as well Kon Tiki if you want a bit of beef. Never been beaten anywhere in the world in my lifetime. :wink:

eastterrace
05-04-2013, 07:21 PM
thanks for info.