PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Doran

number9dream
04-04-2013, 11:02 AM
I see big Tel Butcher is saying he is optmisitc that Doran and Raven will stay on at Caley Thistle.
Doran is a smashing player - can play wide or through the middle - and leads SPL assists chart with 12 (our best is Spoony with 6).
Came through Blackburn youths and, at 21, could well represent decent sell-on value if he keeps improving.
Always lively against us and better than most of what we've got.
Surely we can trump any wage ICT are offering but he might be settled up there and fancy one round of European football next season.
While I'm at it, the Greek left-back Ross County snapped up in January is a stand-out (Ikonomou?). He could be a decent replacement if McGivern moves on...
I'm sure Pat has his targets but the talk of O'Leary joining us from Killie has me worried.

Big_Franck
04-04-2013, 11:28 AM
I see big Tel Butcher is saying he is optmisitc that Doran and Raven will stay on at Caley Thistle.
Doran is a smashing player - can play wide or through the middle - and leads SPL assists chart with 12 (our best is Spoony with 6).
Came through Blackburn youths and, at 21, could well represent decent sell-on value if he keeps improving.
Surely we can trump any wage ICT are offering but he might be settled up there and fancy one round of European football next season.
While I'm at it, the Greek left-back Ross County snapped up in January is a stand-out (Ikonomou?). He could be a decent replacement if McGivern moves on...
I'm sure Pat has his targets but the talk of O'Leary joining us from Killie has me worried.

Doran has been good when i've seen him, although i've heard he is a bit inconsistent. No doubt better than what we have out wide though so would be a good signing and at a good age. I'm still hoping the O'Leary story turns out to be just speculation as he's been gash when i've seen him. We need to be signing better players than him if we are to improve.

hibee19
04-04-2013, 01:31 PM
I've been really impressed with Raven when I've seen him, good few players up there.

Paisley Hibby
04-04-2013, 01:56 PM

Re wages you would think so. However I would guess the presence, status and reputation of their manager easily trumps ours!

Jonnyboy
04-04-2013, 07:03 PM
I've been really impressed with Raven when I've seen him, good few players up there.

Raven played right back in our recent meeting and spent half the game punting the ball into the stand! :greengrin

Purehibee_MYB
04-04-2013, 07:07 PM

Signed him for us on Football Manager last year and he proved to be SPL player of the year and dominated in Europe.. Just sayin' :wink:

SMAXXA
04-04-2013, 07:21 PM
Re wages you would think so. However I would guess the presence, status and reputation of their manager easily trumps ours!

Love how a player thread can't go past without a dig a Fenlon. Tiresome.

Andy74
04-04-2013, 07:22 PM

Behave.

Speedway
04-04-2013, 07:27 PM
How ever good any player is anywhere else, he'll be crap when he gets here.

Watch it happen to Liam Craig six months from now.

MWHIBBIES
04-04-2013, 07:28 PM
Re wages you would think so. However I would guess the presence, status and reputation of their manager easily trumps ours!Mourinho wasn't a player, Wenger not really a player of much note, both have signed some brilliant players and done some brilliant things. A managers pedigree as a player isn't that important IMO.