PDA

View Full Version : David Wotherspoon

Jack
04-04-2013, 06:23 AM
Speaking to a young lady yesterday who knows David quite well.

I'll declare an interest in that I like Spoony and it would be a real shame IMO if he went elsewhere.

I was saying this but how I was frustrated with his dips in form.

She told me that these dips are a direct result of the 'fans' getting on his back and giving him a hard time. The old confidence player chestnut.

Now, like I say, I get frustrated with him but we are supposed to be a support and players like Spoony need our positive support more than some of us seem to realise.

I'd go as far as suggesting we turn into vigilantes against these detractors but maybe that's too far!

Bottom line is if we want to get the best from our former regular Scotland U21 star we have to be nice to him :-)

I hope we sign him up again and if we do I'd like to see Hibs get one of those folk to work with him to get over his confidence thing. It can't do any harm and has the potential of giving us our star more regularly.

Even those folk who slag him must admit when he's on his game he's a joy to watch.

Ken
04-04-2013, 06:37 AM
He's a good player when he's on his game, but far too inconsistent.

If his form dips because of football fans getting on his back, then he has no chance of making his career more successful, unless he overcomes this.

Apart from the season when he broke into the 1st team (playing right back) and earlier this season, I haven't been that impressed with him in anymore than a handful of games and because of this I wouldn't be that fussed if he didn't sign a new contract.

Would rather keep Claros!

P.s. I never get on player's backs, but can understand when supporters do.

Niffy
04-04-2013, 06:50 AM
AYe , I'm afraid that's part of the game.

Like the folk that enter X-Factor and all that p1sh and blame a bad audition on nerves. If you canny hack it... maybe it's not your forte ?

PeeJay
04-04-2013, 07:11 AM

I'll declare an interest in that I like Spoony and it would be a real shame IMO if he went elsewhere.

She told me that these dips are a direct result of the 'fans' getting on his back and giving him a hard time. The old confidence player chestnut.

Now, like I say, I get frustrated with him but we are supposed to be a support and players like Spoony need our positive support more than some of us seem to realise.

I'd go as far as suggesting we turn into vigilantes against these detractors but maybe that's too far!

Bottom line is if we want to get the best from our former regular Scotland U21 star we have to be nice to him :-)

I hope we sign him up again and if we do I'd like to see Hibs get one of those folk to work with him to get over his confidence thing. It can't do any harm and has the potential of giving us our star more regularly.

Even those folk who slag him must admit when he's on his game he's a joy to watch.

Wotherspoon has to realise that he plays at a club with fans that can easily boo a player vehemently when leaving the field even after scoring five goals FOR Hibs...(one for the oldies perhaps?)

... you make a good point I guess, but he was at ER himself as a fan wasn't he, so he must know what to do: battle the confidence thing and get the fans on his side by working hard and playing well - personally, I wouldn't want to see him go: think he has potential that we as a club should be able to nurture more...

hibsbollah
04-04-2013, 07:13 AM
The argument that his problems are because of abuse from the stands dont stand up to scrutiny IMO. He gets his debut in 2009, plays most of that season as a RB looks like our best graduate from the ranks since 2005, everyone loves him.

Then he moves to RMid, and he doesnt really kick a ball for two seasons under Hughes and Calderwood. Its sometime then i heard folk grumbling or shouting stuff. He then has a good start to his fourth season, before falling away again.

Viva_Palmeiras
04-04-2013, 07:21 AM
I fear you maybe p&&Ģing into the wind on this one Jack ;)

"Getting on the players back" is something the opposition fans do.
If our future is youth then well be less likely to reap the benefits if getting on players backs is deemed acceptable.

i don't believe we have any sports psychologists on the site (incredible really) or certainly none wishing to comment on the impact on performance. Let's be 'aving you - it's what we paid out taxes for ;)

My thinking is all other things (fitness, strength, stamina, ability, football brain etc.) being equal confidence is the determining factor. So anything that is detrimental to confidence impacts performance. You expect abuse from opposition fans not your own. I use the term advisedly as its been described as such In other debates. Imagine going home to receive a warm hug from your mum then a repeated punch in the face :) next time your a bit more weary.

It got to a point where Yogi spoke out in protection of Nish. It's funny how we all say that the board should "back the manager" surely what then follows is fans backing the team. Not too sure where getting on the players' backs fits into that...

Mr White
04-04-2013, 07:26 AM
Rankin and sproule both enjoyed upturns in form after leaving hibs and the somewhat less than encouraging words they could no doubt hear from the home stands at Easter road. But as for spoony- man the **** up you lazy basa- ****ing booooo. :greengrin

Beefster
04-04-2013, 07:26 AM
The argument that his problems are because of abuse from the stands dont stand up to scrutiny IMO. He gets his debut in 2009, plays most of that season as a RB looks like our best graduate from the ranks since 2005, everyone loves him.

Then he moves to RMid, and he doesnt really kick a ball for two seasons under Hughes and Calderwood. Its sometime then i heard folk grumbling or shouting stuff. He then has a good start to his fourth season, before falling away again.

Agreed.

A player really needs to look closer to home when he's playing poorly rather than taking the easy option and blaming the support.

marinello59
04-04-2013, 07:50 AM
I reckon our support has been much more tolerant this season when it comes to players making mistakes. Apart from the occasional 'FFS' due to frustration I don't think any player has received anything like sustained abuse from a large section of the crowd. Quite the opposite in fact, players getting hooked after a less than stellar performance are still getting a round of applause. We ain't that bad.

Andy74
04-04-2013, 08:45 AM
Wotherspoon should focus on his own performance, not ours.

I'd be amazed if he was offered a new contract, if we are to move away from having dips in form as a team then we need to empty players who have more slides than Sea World.

Speedway
04-04-2013, 08:46 AM
Chicken and egg. Play well consistently and no-one will be on your back.

Steve20
04-04-2013, 08:51 AM
Spoony doesn't get that much stick at the games, tbh. Sounds like an excuse for many poor performances.

People need to realise there is a difference between getting on players backs at the game and on forums. Surely the idea of a football forum is that fans are allowed to give their opinions (positive or negative). I get the impression some folk think there shouldn't be opinions allowed unless they say everything at Hibs is great.

Scouse Hibee
04-04-2013, 08:52 AM
This just sounds like a friend of his wishing fans would stop criticising him for his pish poor performances more than anything else.

Heisenberg
04-04-2013, 09:20 AM
If he can't hack a bit of shouting directed at him then what is he doing playing football? He's not a wee laddie anymore, time for him to grow up and concentrate on producing more than 10 good games a season.

Steve-O
04-04-2013, 09:29 AM
His inconsistency is probably more to do with all the cakes he gets from his mum's bakery.

adhibs
04-04-2013, 09:42 AM
Not got the mentall attitude to make it at our level if thats the case.

lord bunberry
04-04-2013, 09:44 AM

I can't stand this sort of drivel, if he can't stand the heat he should stay out the kitchen. Far to many people come on here and want to blame our fans for the fact that the team is underperforming, when the reality is our fans are amongst the most tolerant supporters in the country. Can you imagine any other set of supporters who have stuck by their team as well as we have. If guys like spoony or anyone else can't handle a bit of stick from the stands then they should up their game or move on

cabbageandribs1875
04-04-2013, 09:49 AM
He's a good player when he's on his game, but far too inconsistent.

If his form dips because of football fans getting on his back, then he has no chance of making his career more successful, unless he overcomes this.

Apart from the season when he broke into the 1st team (playing right back) and earlier this season, I haven't been that impressed with him in anymore than a handful of games and because of this I wouldn't be that fussed if he didn't sign a new contract.

Would rather keep Claros!

P.s. I never get on player's backs, but can understand when supporters do.

indeed, always have a wee laugh when i see posters on here using the "he's a confidence" player crap to describe some of our players :hilarious

Mr White
04-04-2013, 10:06 AM
Whilst there's no doubt he's been frustratingly inconsistent this season he provided my favourite moment of the season so far with his goal and celebration in the derby cup game and also goal of the season that I've seen live with his peach against ICT.

Notahappyhibee
04-04-2013, 10:18 AM
The down turn of Hibs fortunes lays solely on Celtic !!!! why you ask Celtic ?
They took John park from us look at the the youths coming through at Celtic now says it all.

J-C
04-04-2013, 10:39 AM
Wotherspoon has to realise that he plays at a club with fans that can easily boo a player vehemently when leaving the field even after scoring five goals FOR Hibs...(one for the oldies perhaps?)

... you make a good point I guess, but he was at ER himself as a fan wasn't he, so he must know what to do: battle the confidence thing and get the fans on his side by working hard and playing well - personally, I wouldn't want to see him go: think he has potential that we as a club should be able to nurture more...

Thought he was a St Johnstone fan but that's neither here nor there.

Unfortunately as a pro footballer, you will get criticism and if you have a weak mentality that Spoony seems to have, you'll struggle to make it wherever you play.
He needs to maybe see a sports psychologist or hypnotist to rid himself of these problems, best way to shut up supporters like that is to play at your best as often as possible, or even give that 100% every game, something he seems to be unable to do. When Sparky was getting it tight, what did he do, he scored a goal then gave the section of support hassling him the GIRUY sign, got him in trouble but should everyone he was a winner and he's not let the boo boys get to him.

blackpoolhibs
04-04-2013, 10:53 AM
I must apologise for some of my posts over the years, some of the stick I have taken clearly affected my posting and clearly my form dipped. Early in the season my posts improved, but I feel I have suffered another dip in posting recently, it could be because nobody has given me a cuddle for a while? :confused:

Mr White
04-04-2013, 11:14 AM
I must apologise for some of my posts over the years, some of the stick I have taken clearly affected my posting and clearly my form dipped. Early in the season my posts improved, but I feel I have suffered another dip in posting recently, it could be because nobody has given me a cuddle for a while? :confused:

There's been a lot of question marks about your posts for a while bh :greengrin

Judas Iscariot
04-04-2013, 11:17 AM
Boo hoo

PeeJay
04-04-2013, 11:20 AM
Thought he was a St Johnstone fan but that's neither here nor there.

Unfortunately as a pro footballer, you will get criticism and if you have a weak mentality that Spoony seems to have, you'll struggle to make it wherever you play.
He needs to maybe see a sports psychologist or hypnotist to rid himself of these problems, best way to shut up supporters like that is to play at your best as often as possible, or even give that 100% every game, something he seems to be unable to do. When Sparky was getting it tight, what did he do, he scored a goal then gave the section of support hassling him the GIRUY sign, got him in trouble but should everyone he was a winner and he's not let the boo boys get to him.

Don't you think that this is the job of the club in the first instance to get issues such as this with its younger players sorted?

Argylehibby
04-04-2013, 11:43 AM

OR

No-one gets on your back and you play well consistently. I can never understand why fans think that they don't play a part in a players performance. How many times have players mentioned the great support helping them during games? There is a thread on here just now about Kenny Shiells praising Hibs fans and suggesting Killie fans need a song sheet, again proving the point the team / players thrive on the possitive support and therefore surely by default will struggle with the negative stuff.

Some on this thread saying its an easy excuse but it's just as easy an excuse to say "what we say/ shout / do as fans shouldn't affect the players".

lapsedhibee
04-04-2013, 11:47 AM

I've never fully understood this phrase. Why isn't it egg and chicken, rather than chicken and egg?

Nobody asks for a plate of chips and egg, is it?

The Voice Of Reason
04-04-2013, 12:01 PM
:faf::faf:

What a hilarious thread !!!!!!

Given the consistently poor (I am being kind) performances from Wotherspoon, I happen to think that the fans have been more than fair with him.

He is 23 now (older than Griffiths!) and is no longer a wee boy. Could it be that he just isn't good enough to be even an average SPL player ?

We need better (far better).

BEEJ
04-04-2013, 12:06 PM
When Sparky was getting it tight, what did he do, he scored a goal then gave the section of support hassling him the GIRUY sign, got him in trouble but should everyone he was a winner and he's not let the boo boys get to him.
No, no, no!! :rolleyes:

Do you not remember the furore on here when Leigh was going through that spell of reacting to comments from his own support. Some on here wanted him lynched. :greengrin

I really don't think we should be putting that forward as a recommended solution for Hibs players in combating unwelcome abuse from their own fans.

lucky
04-04-2013, 12:09 PM
This just confirms that he is weak. It's his poor performances that is the issue. Time for him to move on.

The Voice Of Reason
04-04-2013, 12:13 PM

Do you not remember the furore on here when Leigh was going through that spell of reacting to comments from his own support. Some on here wanted him lynched. :greengrin

I really don't think we should be putting that forward as a recommended solution for Hibs players in combating unwelcome abuse from their own fans.

I don't think the poster was advocating that players start abusing fans! :aok:

The point was that the "character" shown by Leigh is what is required from a Professional Footballer (yes, he took it too far but that is far more preferrable than greeting about the fans dishing out some mild abuse!)

BEEJ
04-04-2013, 12:20 PM
I don't think the poster was advocating that players start abusing fans! :aok:

The point was that the "character" shown by Leigh is what is required from a Professional Footballer (yes, he took it too far but that is far more preferrable than greeting about the fans dishing out some mild abuse!)
Fair enough. :greengrin

However, not the best example to give, I would suggest.

The Voice Of Reason
04-04-2013, 12:21 PM
Fair enough. :greengrin

However, not the best example to give, I would suggest.

Agreed mate. :agree:

Beefster
04-04-2013, 02:22 PM
If the rumoured move to Sevco happens, he's going to be really ****ed once the orcs get on his back.

ancient hibee
04-04-2013, 02:47 PM
The down turn of Hibs fortunes lays solely on Celtic !!!! why you ask Celtic ?
They took John park from us look at the the youths coming through at Celtic now says it all.

Losing John Park was careless but in fact his work at Celtic centres on bringing in cheap fully fledged pro's who Celtic can sell on at a profit.Considering they have first choice on most Scottish young talent I think Celtic's current record of youth promotion to the first team is abysmal.

J-C
04-04-2013, 03:00 PM

You know where I'm coming from though, Leigh was more determined to prove the boo boys wrong.

Green Fish
04-04-2013, 03:22 PM
We pay our money to watch him and imo that gives us an entitlement to voice our opinion. I agree that can manifest itself in a negative way. However he is a pro footballer, is paid alot more than most of us punters i would imagine and as such should perform alot better than he has this season.

IMO Spoony could be great and is the most frustrating player we have. So c'mon fella get the finger out and show us what we all think youve got.

Alfred E Newman
04-04-2013, 04:53 PM
I've never fully understood this phrase. Why isn't it egg and chicken, rather than chicken and egg?

Did the chicken not lay the egg?

Billy Whizz
04-04-2013, 04:54 PM
Anyone know if he's been offered a contract extension or not?

Pretty Boy
04-04-2013, 05:03 PM
Always thought he had the heart of a mouse and comments about the nasty fans prove it. A lot of Hibs fans have been bewilderingly patient with Wotherspoon given his inability to really push on and develop, he's not inexperienced oryoung anymore but still gets treated like he is.

Top players at any level have a bit of a swagger and arrogance as well as talent. Wotherspoon will stagnate because he is lacking in all these departments to varying degrees.

Hibercelona
04-04-2013, 05:29 PM
Give me his weekly wages and people can boo me all the want.

Green Fish
04-04-2013, 05:48 PM
Always thought he had the heart of a mouse and comments about the nasty fans prove it. A lot of Hibs fans have been bewilderingly patient with Wotherspoon given his inability to really push on and develop, he's not inexperienced oryoung anymore but still gets treated like he is.

Top players at any level have a bit of a swagger and arrogance as well as talent. Wotherspoon will stagnate because he is lacking in all these departments to varying degrees.

Harsh but your opinion. We don't even know how accurate the initial post is. He's gonna prove you wrong. GG

Jack
04-04-2013, 06:03 PM
Harsh but your opinion. We don't even know how accurate the initial post is. He's gonna prove you wrong. GG

Well I know its accurate :-)

Thing is Hibs have a history of helping players through difficult times, there have been a few recently both on and off the pitch.

An on the pitch example was the yam Stewart who was given anger manage guidance. I thought while at Hibs this showed in how he played - certainly the reverse was true when he went back to them.

I see that Spoony is the same but different - he needs some 'anger' put in.

Different folk have different needs. If we do keep him on then I hope the club see fit provide guidance the same way.

All I want is him playing well for Hibs because, as this thread shows, everyone knows what he's capable of. IMO we need that player and a few grand for guidance would pay dividends.

Green Fish
04-04-2013, 06:35 PM
Well I know its accurate :-)

Thing is Hibs have a history of helping players through difficult times, there have been a few recently both on and off the pitch.

An on the pitch example was the yam Stewart who was given anger manage guidance. I thought while at Hibs this showed in how he played - certainly the reverse was true when he went back to them.

I see that Spoony is the same but different - he needs some 'anger' put in.

Different folk have different needs. If we do keep him on then I hope the club see fit provide guidance the same way.

All I want is him playing well for Hibs because, as this thread shows, everyone knows what he's capable of. IMO we need that player and a few grand for guidance would pay dividends.

All agreed, there is defo something there. I work with a guy, also huge St J fan, who coached him when young, he is convinced that DW will play in EPL.

Tell your source to get Spoony to read this, spur him on. :flag:

Speedway
04-04-2013, 07:34 PM

It was originally egg and chicken and both were asked which way round they wanted it. The egg failed to comment.

I ask for a plate of chips and egg all the time, doesn't it?

lapsedhibee
04-04-2013, 07:40 PM
It was originally egg and chicken and both were asked which way round they wanted it. The egg failed to comment.

Same with Lennon when McCartney wanted to change Lennon and McCartney to McCartney and Lennon. Lennon was the egg man, goo goo goo joob, but not a cheep out of him.

IWasThere2016
04-04-2013, 08:12 PM
:faf::faf:

What a hilarious thread !!!!!!

Given the consistently poor (I am being kind) performances from Wotherspoon, I happen to think that the fans have been more than fair with him.

He is 23 now (older than Griffiths!) and is no longer a wee boy. Could it be that he just isn't good enough to be even an average SPL player ?

We need better (far better).

This. I'd move him on as the poor performances outnumber the better ones.

hihohibby
04-04-2013, 08:27 PM
Same with Lennon when McCartney wanted to change Lennon and McCartney to McCartney and Lennon. Lennon was the egg man, goo goo goo joob, but not a cheep out of him.
:tee hee: I like it!

The Voice Of Reason
04-04-2013, 08:32 PM
This. I'd move him on as the poor performances outnumber the better ones.

Absoloutely TQM - they WAY outnumber the better performances sadly.

madabouthibs
04-04-2013, 08:34 PM
Nothing to be gained from shouting abuse at our own, some even do it before said player has had a touch of the ball! Whats the point? :confused:

lord bunberry
04-04-2013, 08:40 PM
Nothing to be gained from shouting abuse at our own, some even do it before said player has had a touch of the ball! Whats the point? :confused:

Your right but it isn't going to stop anytime soon so if any of our team can't handle a bit of grief from the stands then they are in the wrong profession

SMAXXA
04-04-2013, 08:44 PM
Rather than people being so concerned with fans venting their frustration at matches, they should be more concerned with the below average (being kind) players fleecing money from the club and giving little to nothing in return IMO.

lord bunberry
04-04-2013, 08:48 PM
Rather than people being so concerned with fans venting their frustration at matches, they should be more concerned with the below average (being kind) players fleecing money from the club and giving little to nothing in return IMO.

Exactly, you would think they would all be staying back after training to work on things that The're weak at instead of heading off to the pub or the golf course. There doesn't seem to be the appetite or the hunger to be as good as you can be. Maybe I'm wrong though maybe they all do stay back

Holmesdale Hibs
04-04-2013, 08:51 PM
We all expect players to give 100% so it's not unreasonable for them to expect us fans to give them some support. Shouting abuse at our own players is even less helpful than going in the away end. As well as acting like an ersehole.

I'm not saying players shouldn't be thick skinned, they should be, but FFS how would anyone on here like to do their job with thousands of clients shouting abuse at them. I'm also not saying he's a great player, he's not, but we've had A LOT worse. I'd personally keep hold of him.

The only time a player deserves abuse is if they're not trying or exceptionally ****. Weatherspoon doesn't fall in to either of these catagories so I'm happy to support him and not embarrass myself by shouting at a 21(?) year old kid.

SMAXXA
04-04-2013, 08:52 PM
Exactly, you would think they would all be staying back after training to work on things that The're weak at instead of heading off to the pub or the golf course. There doesn't seem to be the appetite or the hunger to be as good as you can be. Maybe I'm wrong though maybe they all do stay back

Wasn't that supposed to be one of the key benefits of East Mains that players would want to stay back and utilise the facilities even after training was finished, a second home so to speak. Couldn't tell you if it actually happens to be honest but I would expect not if I was to have a guess.

SMAXXA
04-04-2013, 08:56 PM
We all expect players to give 100% so it's not unreasonable for them to expect us fans to give them some support. Shouting abuse at our own players is even less helpful than going in the away end. As well as acting like an ersehole.

I'm not saying players shouldn't be thick skinned, they should be, but FFS how would anyone on here like to do their job with thousands of clients shouting abuse at them. I'm also not saying he's a great player, he's not, but we've had A LOT worse. I'd personally keep hold of him.

The only time a player deserves abuse is if they're not trying or exceptionally ****. Weatherspoon doesn't fall in to either of these catagories so I'm happy to support him and not embarrass myself by shouting at a 21(?) year old kid.

Posts like this make it sound like the majority of our fans shout and give abuse to our players when in reality its no where near the majority. Unfortunately there will always be people who will shout and moan, there's almost an unwritten rule for some that they can pay their money and shout what they want, which I don't agree with at all. Every fan base has an element of this and we are no different, sometimes I think people make out that we are this big bad moaning faced support always on players backs, we are not some are vast majority are not.

Beefster
05-04-2013, 09:26 AM

'Thousands' is a ridiculous exaggeration.

If I knew before I started the job that some random erseholes might shout at me once a week then I'd be fine with it. If Wotherspoon isn't fine with it, he should have chosen another career.

Steve-O
05-04-2013, 09:31 AM

Not saying you're wrong, but he's a 23 year old man, not a 21 year old 'kid'.

calumhibee1
05-04-2013, 09:48 AM
If he can't handle criticism from the people that pay his wages then he's in the wrong job.

Lucius Apuleius
05-04-2013, 10:04 AM
If he can't handle criticism from the people that pay his wages then he's in the wrong job.

I think in any other industry if those who pay his wages abused him as some of our supporters do it would be considered a little more than criticism. :wink:

J-C
05-04-2013, 11:46 AM
I think in any other industry if those who pay his wages abused him as some of our supporters do it would be considered a little more than criticism. :wink:

In saying that in any other business, he'd have been shown the door for not performing his job properly. He needs to stop moaning, man up and show us why he should be here, if he hasn't the bottle for it, then bye bye David.

Lucius Apuleius
05-04-2013, 12:26 PM
In saying that in any other business, he'd have been shown the door for not performing his job properly. He needs to stop moaning, man up and show us why he should be here, if he hasn't the bottle for it, then bye bye David.

Depends on his job desription I guess. He goes out and plays football. Not everybody can be the best in the world at their job. As long as you are going out and doing what is asked of you then I would imagine you are fulfilling your contract?

Danderhall Hibs
05-04-2013, 12:38 PM
I'm happy to support him and not embarrass myself by shouting at a 21(?) year old kid.

Even if he was 21 that's not a young player. Most quality players will shine through by the age of 19. There's a difference - you can be a young player (under 20) and an inexperienced player (over 20 but not played much) - he's neither.

By 23 he should be an established player and even a leader the real young boys look up to.

Holmesdale Hibs
05-04-2013, 12:51 PM
'Thousands' is a ridiculous exaggeration.

If I knew before I started the job that some random erseholes might shout at me once a week then I'd be fine with it. If Wotherspoon isn't fine with it, he should have chosen another career.

Ok, so thousands is an exaggeration. But let's not pretend its only 'some random ********s' either.

Under CC the atmosphere was terrible at times and teams must have loved coming to Easter Road. Things have improved a lot but there are still plenty ********s that might as well be in the away end.

I have SOME sympathy with DW and thats IF he even said anything at all. I said in my last post players should be should be more thick skinned, but I think it would also be helpful if the x% of abusive fans were able to control themselves a bit better. Anyone with that much negative energy should join a gym or something.

lord bunberry
05-04-2013, 03:33 PM
Ok, so thousands is an exaggeration. But let's not pretend its only 'some random ********s' either.

Under CC the atmosphere was terrible at times and teams must have loved coming to Easter Road. Things have improved a lot but there are still plenty ********s that might as well be in the away end.

I have SOME sympathy with DW and thats IF he even said anything at all. I said in my last post players should be should be more thick skinned, but I think it would also be helpful if the x% of abusive fans were able to control themselves a bit better. Anyone with that much negative energy should join a gym or something.

Its not going to happen though so he's going to have to learn to deal with it or he will end up on the scrap heap because every team has fans who will dish out the abuse

Beefster
05-04-2013, 03:58 PM
Even if he was 21 that's not a young player. Most quality players will shine through by the age of 19. There's a difference - you can be a young player (under 20) and an inexperienced player (over 20 but not played much) - he's neither.

By 23 he should be an established player and even a leader the real young boys look up to.

Agreed. By 23, Brown, Thomson, Whittaker, Fletcher, O'Connor and Riordan had been performing consistently at Hibs for years and moved on for big money. David Murphy wasn't far behind either.

basehibby
05-04-2013, 04:19 PM
I like Spoony and think he has real potential and would like to see him extend his stay - but if he's putting his dips in form down to getting grief from certain fans then he really needs to toughen up big style IMO.
For one thing, the MAJORITY of Hibees have been very supportive of him IMO - there is a vocal minority who are not backwards in coming forwards about their criticism of players, but this has ALWAYS been the case and always will be - and not just at Hibs either.

The section of fans who's idea of supporting the team is shouting insults at Hibs players has always been a bugbear of mine - but I have to accept that they have as much right to be there as I have and that they have a right to express their opinions however skewed or ill informed they may be (at the risk of being shouted down by other fans of course). I have learned to deal with this irritation and ignore it for the most part in my quest to support the Hibees - David needs to learn to use it as a spur to stuff their words down their throats by showing his critics up as football ignoramuses. If he continues to respond to such criticism by going into his shell then, as others have said, he might as well just give up football right now and get an ordinary job like the rest of us.

Winston Ingram
06-04-2013, 05:28 PM
Agreed. By 23, Brown, Thomson, Whittaker, Fletcher, O'Connor and Riordan had been performing consistently at Hibs for years and moved on for big money. David Murphy wasn't far behind either.

They were doing it in a decent team that was full of confidence.

Wotherspoon clearly has ability but he's been surrounded by and managed by the biggest bunch of fuds imaginable

truehibernian
06-04-2013, 05:35 PM

Wotherspoon clearly has ability but he's been surrounded by and managed by the biggest bunch of fuds imaginable

I'm neither a fan nor someone who puts the boot into DW - but he isn't as good as was thought in my opinion and his lack of pace is either down to poor fitness levels or just a natural lack of genuine pace - either way he looks slow, both going forward and tracking back.

That said, in his defence, his natural position is that of an attacking central midfielder, not a winger out on the flank. He isn't one I'd be too disappointed to see leave in summer to be brutal about it. It means the likes of Danny getting his real chance.

Elephant Stone
06-04-2013, 05:56 PM

He's surrounded by and managed by the same people Griffiths, Claros & Williams have, and I'm sure you'd agree they have all performed well this season.

That's the fans, manager and his team mates all being blamed for his inadequacy now. He has, somehow, played 120 games for Hibs, we've seen all he's got to offer and IMO it's not good enough. He's slow, hesitant and predictable. He does show signs of potential now and then but it really is a rarity, and it's a rarity we can't afford to hope for any longer.

I'll be absolutely amazed if he ends up playing at a higher level than Hibs.

Baldy Foghorn
06-04-2013, 05:57 PM
Appalling today, would not concern me one iota if himself and Deegan were moved on....

Hibeesforever
06-04-2013, 06:41 PM
I feel really sorry for David Wotherspoon saying this but think it is over! He had opportunities today to try and beat is opposing man and just bottled it and passed the ball backwards or sideways. A squad player that we just cannot afford. We need the wages invested in another player who may increase in value during his contract. I hope that Spoony is successful but over the last few months he has rarely shown that he has the confidence to take things to the next level. His current level is not good enough. The RM needs to be the difference and cannot just pass the ball away to someone else to do the hard graft.

The Voice Of Reason
06-04-2013, 06:45 PM
Appalling today, would not concern me one iota if himself and Deegan were moved on....

Are you surprised Baldy ?!?

Sorry to say it, but he is consistently murder. I am fed up paying good money to watch goons like him "play".

Get rid - please!!!!!

The Voice Of Reason
06-04-2013, 06:46 PM
He's surrounded by and managed by the same people Griffiths, Claros & Williams have, and I'm sure you'd agree they have all performed well this season.

That's the fans, manager and his team mates all being blamed for his inadequacy now. He has, somehow, played 120 games for Hibs, we've seen all he's got to offer and IMO it's not good enough. He's slow, hesitant and predictable. He does show signs of potential now and then but it really is a rarity, and it's a rarity we can't afford to hope for any longer.

:top marks

Baldy Foghorn
06-04-2013, 06:51 PM
Are you surprised Baldy ?!?

Sorry to say it, but he is consistently murder. I am fed up paying good money to watch goons like him "play".

Get rid - please!!!!!

Not surprised, more disappointed....After hearing that he finds supporter criticism hard to take, he really did offer nothing, to gain any praise Today.....Not good enough IMO

jeffers
06-04-2013, 06:56 PM
My support for Paddy is waning fast, if he offers DW a new contract then enough is enough, he should go.

The Voice Of Reason
06-04-2013, 06:58 PM
My support for Paddy is waning fast, if he offers DW a new contract then enough is enough, he should go.

He keeps on picking him so chances are that he might well offer him a new contract (god forbid!) :bitchy:

Billy Whizz
06-04-2013, 07:00 PM
Although he didn't do well today, but unfair to pick on Wotherspoon in isolation today. Cup semi final places up for grabs and we got this today

The Voice Of Reason
06-04-2013, 07:03 PM
Although he didn't do well today, but unfair to pick on Wotherspoon in isolation today. Cup semi final places up for grabs and we got this today

I wasn't there today so can't comment on today's performance. What I can comment on is the many performances i have seen, the vast vast majority of which have been simply not good enough!

jeffers
06-04-2013, 07:16 PM
He keeps on picking him so chances are that he might well offer him a new contract (god forbid!) :bitchy:

That's what worries me. I just don't get it, he gets dropped for some abysmal performances but its never more than a couple of games and he's back in. OK it's not great having a go at him, but his performances just aren't good enough. I wasn't there today either but I did watch it. While I've seen him play worse it was a typical DW performance and he deserved to get hooked, but I fully expect to see him start at Hampden next Saturday.

.Sean.
06-04-2013, 07:20 PM
He's garbage. Hopefully he doesn't read this, otherwise he'll probably spontaneously combust if, as suggested, he 'doesn't like criticism'. Aww :dummytit:

Wait until he's in a Rangers jersey and having a stinker at Ibrox. 'Confidence player' :tee hee:

Beefster
06-04-2013, 07:21 PM
He's garbage. Hopefully he doesn't read this, otherwise he'll probably spontaneously combust if, as suggested, he 'doesn't like criticism'. Aww :dummytit:

Wait until he's in a Rangers jersey and having a stinker at Ibrox. 'Confidence player' :tee hee:

You do him a disservice. I think he'll do well in SFL2.

.Sean.
06-04-2013, 07:23 PM
You do him a disservice. I think he'll do well in SFL2.

Apologies, you're correct. Every player usually finds their level :aok:

The Voice Of Reason
06-04-2013, 07:25 PM
That's what worries me. I just don't get it, he gets dropped for some abysmal performances but its never more than a couple of games and he's back in. OK it's not great having a go at him, but his performances just aren't good enough. I wasn't there today either but I did watch it. While I've seen him play worse it was a typical DW performance and he deserved to get hooked, but I fully expect to see him start at Hampden next Saturday.

I can't imagine that the Falkirk left back will be having many sleepless nights at the thought of playing against Wotherspoon on Saturday!

Is he quick ? - no
Is he big and strong ? - no
Does he readily beat his man? - no
Does he have a big heart and will to win ? - no
Is he good in the air? - no

I could go on, but Enough said I think!

Winston Ingram
06-04-2013, 07:27 PM

Claros was appalling last year and nobody have batted an eyelid if he was sent packing after the cup final. As for Williams, being in a pish team would likely help a keeper show off his talents and Griffiths is on a different level to pretty much the whole league so not really decent comparisons. On top of that Williams & Claros are significantly older

jeffers
06-04-2013, 07:29 PM
I can't imagine that the Falkirk left back will be having many sleepless nights at the thought of playing against Wotherspoon on Saturday!

Is he quick ? - no

Think it is fair to say if either of us were picking the team DW would be nowhere near it :agree:

Hiber-nation
06-04-2013, 07:32 PM
I think he might be playing in the wrong position. But I can't think for the life of me what his best position could be....

Cameron1875
06-04-2013, 07:40 PM
I think he might be playing in the wrong position. But I can't think for the life of me what his best position could be....

The bench. :tin hat:

Baldy Foghorn
06-04-2013, 07:55 PM
The bench. :tin hat:

The stand.....

The Voice Of Reason
06-04-2013, 08:00 PM
The stand.....

You beat me to it!

.Sean.
06-04-2013, 08:01 PM
The stand.....

Walking round Ocean Terminal with Kuqi

Billy Whizz
06-04-2013, 08:03 PM
The stand.....

Along with another 3/4 from today, who will be disappointed if they are with him in the Stand next Saturday at Hampden

Baldy Foghorn
06-04-2013, 08:05 PM
Along with another 3/4 from today, who will be disappointed if they are with him in the Stand next Saturday at Hampden

After post match comments from PF, about players having to work hard in training all week, after Today's shambles, to push for a starting berth at Hampden, it really will be interesting to see who he selects.....

Billy Whizz
06-04-2013, 08:07 PM
After post match comments from PF, about players having to work hard in training all week, after Today's shambles, to push for a starting berth at Hampden, it really will be interesting to see who he selects.....

We need to play with another striker at least........
It's Falkirk we're playing

clerriehibs
06-04-2013, 08:08 PM

Is he quick ? - no

Marvellous. Here's a number for you - 01324 624121 - there'll be a team looking for a pep talk next week, and you've already started it.

macd123
06-04-2013, 08:15 PM
I can't quite believe what i m reading. He has done well in most of the games he has started this year. People have very short memories. By all means let him go but it will probably come back to haunt us.

The Voice Of Reason
06-04-2013, 08:17 PM
I can't quite believe what i m reading. He has done well in most of the games he has started this year. People have very short memories. By all means let him go but it will probably come back to haunt us.

Lol!!!!! Brilliant!

The Voice Of Reason
06-04-2013, 08:18 PM
Marvellous. Here's a number for you - 01324 624121 - there'll be a team looking for a pep talk next week, and you've already started it.

Is that the number for The Samaritans ?!?!

J-C
06-04-2013, 08:18 PM

Hibs games played 33...........Wotherspoons decent games maybe 5-6, erm no ta, bye bye :bye:

Jonnyboy
06-04-2013, 08:19 PM
I'm pretty sure that when Jack started this thread he didn't do it to allow the Spoony haters to put the boot in but sadly it's turned into that very thing. Still, at least it's sidelined the Stevenson haters

J-C
06-04-2013, 08:20 PM
I'm pretty sure that when Jack started this thread he didn't do it to allow the Spoony haters to put the boot in but sadly it's turned into that very thing. Still, at least it's sidelined the Stevenson haters

Ooooooo Johnny, you are a naughty boy lol.:greengrin

The Voice Of Reason
06-04-2013, 08:20 PM
I am not a Wotherspoon hater - however I am sick fed up of his largely dismal performances.

Jonnyboy
06-04-2013, 08:21 PM
Ooooooo Johnny, you are a naughty boy lol.:greengrin

Just fed up with the same folk saying the same things over and over and over. They don't like Spoony - we get it ok? :wink:

Billy Whizz
06-04-2013, 08:21 PM

Johnnyboy, If we had David's undoubted natural ability and Lewis's commitment and aggression rolled into one, what a player we'd have on our hands.

cleanyman
06-04-2013, 08:22 PM
Stinking today.....again.

Jonnyboy
06-04-2013, 08:22 PM
I am not a Wotherspoon hater - however I am sick fed up of his largely dismal performances.

Perhaps hate is a tad strong but you have said a number of times on this thread just how useless you think he is! Laddie tries his best and gets kicked in the nuts for his efforts IMO

monktonharp
06-04-2013, 08:23 PM
just clicked on to this thread, read only this page but if it's about Widdies performances of late..........punt him. don't know how he did today, if he played.

Jonnyboy
06-04-2013, 08:23 PM
Johnnyboy, If we had David's undoubted natural ability and Lewis's commitment and aggression rolled into one, what a player we'd have on our hands.

There'd be those that slated him for not being a good header of the ball or something :greengrin

Billy Whizz
06-04-2013, 08:26 PM
There'd be those that slated him for not being a good header of the ball or something :greengrin

He's has ability, of that there is no doubt. Just don't see it often enough, any player worth their sorts who isn't having the best of games, would make up for it with extra effort. It's the same in every profession/walk of life

clerriehibs
06-04-2013, 08:26 PM

and your pace, no doubt :rolleyes:

That's the problem with supporting teams like Hibs. We're nowhere near having players who are everything rolled into one. So why don't we just get behind the ones we do have, for a change?

J-C
06-04-2013, 08:27 PM
Perhaps hate is a tad strong but you have said a number of times on this thread just how useless you think he is! Laddie tries his best and gets kicked in the nuts for his efforts IMO

I think it's the fact that he still gets chosen, yet still produces naff, then you hear he's a wee bit chicken hearted when it comes to certain fans giving him stick, he doesn't help himself.
We still get posters saying he has potential, so when does this potential start becoming full talent.

Billy Whizz
06-04-2013, 08:29 PM
and your pace, no doubt :rolleyes:

You haven't seen me of late then

That's the problem with supporting teams like Hibs. We're nowhere near having players who are everything rolled into one. So why don't we just get behind the ones we do have, for a change?

Most of us do

Baldy Foghorn
06-04-2013, 08:29 PM

Unfortunately some of his performances look lacklustre at best, needs to do much much more in games........There is a player in there somewhere, we just dont see it on a regular basis.....Frustrating

Jonnyboy
06-04-2013, 08:30 PM
I think it's the fact that he still gets chosen, yet still produces naff, then you hear he's a wee bit chicken hearted when it comes to certain fans giving him stick, he doesn't help himself.
We still get posters saying he has potential, so when does this potential start becoming full talent.

He gets chosen because the manager rates him :greengrin As to him being chicken hearted re fans giving him stick I don't think I've ever heard him say that! We get third hand suggestions that he's upset but nothing factual IMO (sorry Jack).

Apparently he was pish today, though not alone it seems, but surely our intrepid travelling support wasn't picking him out for the special booing? BTW, I love and am usually part of our travelling support so I'm not having a go :greengrin

macd123

Is he quick ? - no

Xabi alonso fails 4 out of 5 of these criteria! Although kenny miller would definitely get full marks.

Nuitdelune
He's has ability, of that there is no doubt. Just don't see it often enough, any player worth their sorts who isn't having the best of games, would make up for it with extra effort. It's the same in every profession/walk of life

Difference is they don't get slated to hell on a public forum though

Billy Whizz
06-04-2013, 08:32 PM
Difference is they don't get slated to hell on a public forum though

You're right, but in the other hand they are praised to high heavens when everything is going well

J-C
06-04-2013, 08:36 PM
He gets chosen because the manager rates him :greengrin As to him being chicken hearted re fans giving him stick I don't think I've ever heard him say that! We get third hand suggestions that he's upset but nothing factual IMO (sorry Jack).

Apparently he was pish today, though not alone it seems, but surely our intrepid travelling support wasn't picking him out for the special booing? BTW, I love and am usually part of our travelling support so I'm not having a go :greengrin

I have no agenda with him either, just think he's not got what it takes and we should be looking elsewhere, same goes for Deegan the crab, a poor mans Barry the crab.

We have too many hangers on at the club, the drinking culture may have gone but a lazy ersed playing style has taken over from it, whether it's the manager or the players themselves, things are still not great at Er I'm afraid.

Nuitdelune
06-04-2013, 08:36 PM
You're right, but in the other hand they are praised to high heavens when everything is going well

No wonder they are nervous

Jonnyboy
06-04-2013, 08:37 PM
I have no agenda with him either, just think he's not got what it takes and we should be looking elsewhere, same goes for Deegan the crab, a poor mans Barry the crab.

We have too many hangers on at the club, the drinking culture may have gone but a lazy ersed playing style has taken over from it, whether it's the manager or the players themselves, things are still not great at Er I'm afraid.

I agree re Deegan although (opinions, opinions) there were some on here hailing him as our best midfielder by a distance. :greengrin

monktonharp
06-04-2013, 08:40 PM
Johnnyboy, If we had David's undoubted natural ability and Lewis's commitment and aggression rolled into one, what a player we'd have on our hands.you forgot to factor in the following...........a player that can focus on what is going on in a game for 90mins+,can size up his main opponent within 20 mins,come onto the field with a will to win, recognise his teammates weak points, etc. in essence,act in a professional manner throughout a match as that's what he's trained to do and well paid for. if you get that, you've got a decent player, not an also ran

The Voice Of Reason
06-04-2013, 08:41 PM

He is not a "laddie" - He is a man who is earning a good wage (by most people's standards) to play for the team I love.

I will say again that I don't think he is anywhere near good enough (Pat Fenlon does though!!!)

If you are bothered enough to spend time having a dig at us "haters" I suggest you have a very quick read of the "player ratings" threads for the past few seasons and pay particular attention to what the fans are saying consistently about Wotherspoon (with the extremely rare exception).

I don't boo or shout at Wotherspoon at the games - but I will voice my opinion on here (if that is ok by you!!!) 😄

SMAXXA
06-04-2013, 08:45 PM
Just fed up with the same folk saying the same things over and over and over. They don't like Spoony - we get it ok? :wink:

Don't think its a case of not liking the lad its very much a case of he hasn't shown enough for people to think he is worth keeping? No? He's been exactly what he has been for the last few years, flash in the pan good games then for the most part hopeless. I would bet a fair wod on that he wont come back to haunt us.

The Voice Of Reason
06-04-2013, 08:47 PM
Don't think its a case of not liking the lad its very much a case of he hasn't shown enough for people to think he is worth keeping? No? He's been exactly what he has been for the last few years, flash in the pan good games then for the most part hopeless. I would bet a fair wod on that he wont come back to haunt us.

Spot on.

Jonnyboy
06-04-2013, 08:51 PM
He is not a "laddie" - He is a man who is earning a good wage (by most people's standards) to play for the team I love.

I will say again that I don't think he is anywhere near good enough (Pat Fenlon does though!!!)

If you are bothered enough to spend time having a dig at us "haters" I suggest you have a very quick read of the "player ratings" threads for the past few seasons and pay particular attention to what the fans are saying consistently about Wotherspoon (with the extremely rare exception).

I don't boo or shout at Wotherspoon at the games - but I will voice my opinion on here (if that is ok by you!!!) 

Please do :wink:

I'm well aware of Spoony's shortcomings. I guess what really irks me is that he gives of his best, never drags the good name of Hibernian down with any off-field antics and often does better in games than some mark him on in player ratings threads! And yet we still get post after post suggesting he should effectively bugger off because he's not good enough.

Oh and by the way, I wasn't having a dig, merely defending someone who plays for the team I love :wink:

Jonnyboy
06-04-2013, 08:52 PM

You may well be right, I accept all of that. I guess once he's gone we'll find others to snipe at :greengrin

monktonharp
06-04-2013, 08:53 PM
Don't think its a case of not liking the lad its very much a case of he hasn't shown enough for people to think he is worth keeping? No? He's been exactly what he has been for the last few years, flash in the pan good games then for the most part hopeless. I would bet a fair wod on that he wont come back to haunt us.:agree:nuff said. admins please close

clerriehibs
06-04-2013, 08:56 PM

I don't boo or shout at Wotherspoon at the games - but I will voice my opinion on here (if that is ok by you!!!) 

Unfortunately, far too many of our fans voice their negative opinions at our games as well. Remarkably, never in any of the many motivation training days and seminars I've attended through work have I heard "get yer f*ing finger out ya useless piece of sh*t" being recommended as a working tactic.

Next weekend's going to be wonderful ... DW getting boo'd as soon as he makes a mistake. Hats off to him for still having the guts to take the pitch in the first place.

SMAXXA
06-04-2013, 09:01 PM
Unfortunately, far too many of our fans voice their negative opinions at our games as well. Remarkably, never in any of the many motivation training days and seminars I've attended through work have I heard "get yer f*ing finger out ya useless piece of sh*t" being recommended as a working tactic.

Next weekend's going to be wonderful ... DW getting boo'd as soon as he makes a mistake. Hats off to him for still having the guts to take the pitch in the first place.

There in lies the problem, hallelujah praise Jebus (as Homer Simpson would say), lets commence these as of Monday at East Mains

monktonharp
06-04-2013, 09:02 PM

Next weekend's going to be wonderful ... DW getting boo'd as soon as he makes a mistake. Hats off to him for still having the guts to take the pitch in the first place.you saying he's playing?:everythin

The Voice Of Reason
06-04-2013, 09:03 PM
Please do :wink:

I'm well aware of Spoony's shortcomings. I guess what really irks me is that he gives of his best, never drags the good name of Hibernian down with any off-field antics and often does better in games than some mark him on in player ratings threads! And yet we still get post after post suggesting he should effectively bugger off because he's not good enough.

Oh and by the way, I wasn't having a dig, merely defending someone who plays for the team I love :wink:

I understand and respect all of that........I really am so frustrated with DW and his largely insipid performances (as I know I have made abundantly clear on here!)

I am all for defending players JB and it would be great If DW turned it round, but he ain't going to (IMHO) as he has had more than enough chances to do so.

Hibs Till We Die.

clerriehibs
06-04-2013, 09:06 PM
you saying he's playing?:everythin

I'm certainly hoping so, because if he does play as he can, he's our greatest threat in the opposition's territory other than griffiths.

SMAXXA
06-04-2013, 09:07 PM
I'm certainly hoping so, because if he does play as he can, he's our greatest threat in the opposition's territory other than griffiths.

Cairney

Jonnyboy
06-04-2013, 09:09 PM
I understand and respect all of that........I really am so frustrated with DW and his largely insipid performances (as I know I have made abundantly clear on here!)

I am all for defending players JB and it would be great If DW turned it round, but he ain't going to (IMHO) as he has had more than enough chances to do so.

Hibs Till We Die.

Amen to that my friend :aok:

clerriehibs
06-04-2013, 09:10 PM
Cairney

Wotherspoon on his game v. Cairney on his game? Wotherspoon for me. And since the turn of the year, has Cairney been any more effective than Wotherspoon?

Wotherspiniesta
06-04-2013, 09:14 PM

Hibs Till We Die.

Aye, you have, so will you do everyone the good grace and just STFU about it. Put something about how pish you think Spoony is in your sig and stop regurging the same old crap every week! Even when you've not seen the game today, you're the first to slag the laddie off!

Would love it for our top scoring midfielder, and top for assists this season (perhaps I'll put that as my sig?!) to bury one in the top corner next week and send us through to a cup final. He was unfairly (IMO) left out of the squad against Hearts last May and it would be a big confidence boost for him to make the final squad (should we get there!).

On a sidenote, I find it a little strange for player who has supposedly said that he is affected by criticism from the fans to be rounded on by fans on a public forum. Who's that helping exactly? The fact is we need all of our players on top form next week and to rally behind everyone in green in white in the lead up to our biggest game of the season. As little affect as you might think it have posting on a public form to an intreverted player like D, perhaps something so easy as refraining to chastise him on a regular basis might actually help him and the team? He is one of our own afterall.

SMAXXA
06-04-2013, 09:18 PM
Wotherspoon on his game v. Cairney on his game? Wotherspoon for me. And since the turn of the year, has Cairney been any more effective than Wotherspoon?

Na not for me. Spoony hasn't kicked a ball since scoring against Hearts, which is typical of what seems to be his mentality. Hit the heights of getting the praise from that game yet cant step up and show he can kick on from that. Cairney for me has been a big miss for us, im not sure why but probably a result of teams wising up to playing against him and potentially his first year in the SPL taking its toll on why he has not fulfilled the form he showed in the first couple of months.

SMAXXA
06-04-2013, 09:19 PM
Aye, you have, so will you do everyone the good grace and just STFU about it. Put something about how pish you think Spoony is in your sig and stop regurging the same old crap every week! Even when you've not seen the game today, you're the first to slag the laddie off!

Would love it for our top scoring midfielder, and top for assists this season (perhaps I'll put that as my sig?!) to bury one in the top corner next week and send us through to a cup final. He was unfairly (IMO) left out of the squad against Hearts last May and it would be a big confidence boost for him to make the final squad (should we get there!).

On a sidenote, I find it a little strange for player who has supposedly said that he is affected by criticism from the fans to be rounded on by fans on a public forum. Who's that helping exactly? The fact is we need all of our players on top form next week and to rally behind everyone in green in white in the lead up to our biggest game of the season. As little affect as you might think it have posting on a public form to an intreverted player like D, perhaps something so easy as refraining to chastise him on a regular basis might actually help him and the team? He is one of our own afterall.

Right on queue, and where was he unfairly left out the final squad? He didn't show enough just like a year down the line he is still not showing enough. No coincidence he hasn't been offerd a contract a la Lewis

Shrekko
06-04-2013, 09:19 PM
Cairney

Seems like only yesterday you were telling me I was talking '*****' for suggesting a back on form Cairney would be an upgrade on the great Matt Done :greengrin

Beefster
06-04-2013, 09:20 PM

I've seen eight year old girls take criticism of One Direction and Justin Bieber better than you react to Wotherspoon criticism.

J-C
06-04-2013, 09:21 PM
I've seen eight year old girls take criticism of One Direction and Justin Bieber better than you react to Wotherspoon criticism.

:faf:

ThirdManRun
06-04-2013, 09:22 PM

Your constant defence of him is embarrassing.

SMAXXA
06-04-2013, 09:24 PM
Seems like only yesterday you were telling me I was talking '*****' for suggesting a back on form Cairney would be an upgrade on the great Matt Done :greengrin

Show me the post? Think you have the wrong poster

JohnStephens91
06-04-2013, 09:25 PM
A fan asks supporters to support a player. Said player is panned and told he won't get support to get him out his poor run of form. Pretty poor from the people posting on here.

Wotherspiniesta
06-04-2013, 09:25 PM

You sir, are about as funny as Jimmy Saville's to do list.

The Voice Of Reason
06-04-2013, 09:27 PM

No - I will continue to post as I see fit.

I too would love it if he (or anyone) buried one in the top corner and sent us through to the cup final.

P.S it is not just me who is fed up of "D" as you call him ! :aok:

The Voice Of Reason
06-04-2013, 09:30 PM

:hilarious:faf::top marks

Shrekko
06-04-2013, 09:30 PM
Show me the post? Think you have the wrong poster

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?258297-Only-downside-Done-out-of-semi&p=3522840&highlight=#post3522840

You did later admit to being drunk- I'm not holding a grudge :greengrin

Wotherspiniesta
06-04-2013, 09:32 PM
No - I will continue to post as I see fit.

I too would love it if he (or anyone) buried one in the top corner and sent us through to the cup final.

P.S it is not just me who is fed up of "D" as you call him ! :aok:

Right, so you're going to come on here every week and tell us all how pish you think D is even when you've not seen the game? ...

The Voice Of Reason
06-04-2013, 09:33 PM

It is, it really is. :agree:

HIBEETILLIDIE
06-04-2013, 09:34 PM

I don't boo or shout at any of my beloved Hibs team Wotherspoon at the games - but I will voice my opinion on here (if that is ok by you!!!) 

I would never boo a Hibs player, but as a support sometimes we have to know when to let go and i am afraid spoony, on perfomances this season, is one we have to let go! He is not the only one i know, and i will not single out one player.
WE are a rudderless ship, we are in almost the same position as we were last year! But some of our fans say we have made progress- i ask Where?
Last year we had two strikers and were battling relegation with a Scottish Cup Semi on the horizon, this year we have a semi final next week witha team relying on one player who if he is not playing (due to sickness or whatever) will render us toothless.
My question to all the fans and more importantaly our so called custodians of the club is how will you view our season if we finish as it seems likely second bottom of the league with or or without another cup final humiliation?

SMAXXA
06-04-2013, 09:36 PM
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?258297-Only-downside-Done-out-of-semi&p=3522840&highlight=#post3522840

Sado stop creeping around my ex drunken posts :greengrin, lol to be fair I don't think the comment was to the detriment of Cairney more that I was trying to give Done the benefit of the doubt. Either way I do think we have an issue with consistency whether this is Done, Cairney or Wotherspoon, I just think the first 2 have more slack as they are just through the door so to speak.

clerriehibs
06-04-2013, 09:37 PM

clerriehibs
06-04-2013, 09:39 PM

rather less embarrassing than the constant abuse one of our own young players takes from our 'fans'.

The Voice Of Reason
06-04-2013, 09:41 PM
Right, so you're going to come on here every week and tell us all how pish you think D is even when you've not seen the game? ...

I have not commented on his performance today - i pointed out that I wasn't there today !

Anyway "D" - is it not time that you were in your bed?! Big game next Sat (if you are selected.........which I hope you aren't!) :greengrin :wink:

ThirdManRun
06-04-2013, 09:41 PM
rather less embarrassing than the constant abuse one of our own young players takes from our 'fans'.

I'm not abusing Wotherspoon. But we have to be big enough to admit when one of our 'young' players isn't good enough. And wish him all the best in his future career.

The Voice Of Reason
06-04-2013, 09:42 PM
I would never boo a Hibs player, but as a support sometimes we have to know when to let go and i am afraid spoony, on perfomances this season, is one we have to let go! He is not the only one i know, and i will not single out one player.
WE are a rudderless ship, we are in almost the same position as we were last year! But some of our fans say we have made progress- i ask Where?
Last year we had two strikers and were battling relegation with a Scottish Cup Semi on the horizon, this year we have a semi final next week witha team relying on one player who if he is not playing (due to sickness or whatever) will render us toothless.
My question to all the fans and more importantaly our so called custodians of the club is how will you view our season if we finish as it seems likely second bottom of the league with or or without another cup final humiliation?

:top marks

matty_f
06-04-2013, 09:44 PM
IMHO, Wotherspoon isn't anywhere near influential enough in a game consistently to warrant a Hibs jersey. He has had more than enough support from the fans, and more than enough opportunity to show what he can do. This season, he has been one of the first players whose head has gone down when things haven't gone his/our way, and instead of rolling up the sleeves and sorting it out, he hides.

I think the worst example was v Aberdeen at Easter Road (can't remember if it was the cup game which we won, or the first home defeat) - he didn't look interested right from the start, and he just didn't get involved. If I'd been the manager, he'd not have lasted ten minutes in that game.

When he runs at players he can cause them problems, but for whatever reason he doesn't do it, and when he's not doing that he's not really doing anything. We need better than that.

clerriehibs
06-04-2013, 09:45 PM

You just did.

SMAXXA
06-04-2013, 09:46 PM

You make a lot of good points but I don't agree that it seems likely that we will finish 11th. Lets see what happens but I have to admit regardless of such I feel deflated that we are where we are despite a reasonable start to the season which went a bit tits up the turn of the year as us fans seem to have been accustomed to of recent years

The Voice Of Reason
06-04-2013, 09:50 PM
IMHO, Wotherspoon isn't anywhere near influential enough in a game consistently to warrant a Hibs jersey. He has had more than enough support from the fans, and more than enough opportunity to show what he can do. This season, he has been one of the first players whose head has gone down when things haven't gone his/our way, and instead of rolling up the sleeves and sorting it out, he hides.

I think the worst example was v Aberdeen at Easter Road (can't remember if it was the cup game which we won, or the first home defeat) - he didn't look interested right from the start, and he just didn't get involved. If I'd been the manager, he'd not have lasted ten minutes in that game.

When he runs at players he can cause them problems, but for whatever reason he doesn't do it, and when he's not doing that he's not really doing anything. We need better than that.

Matty - be prepared for Wotherspiniesta stalking you !!!!!!

How dare you suggest that "D" is not good enough ?!?!?! I mean were you even at the game today?! :greengrin :hilarious:crazy:

Beefster
06-04-2013, 09:51 PM
You sir, are about as funny as Jimmy Saville's to do list.

http://gifatron.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/bates-no.gif

cabbageandribs1875
06-04-2013, 09:54 PM

maybe doesn't want to have to do a username change if the spoonster leaves us :dunno:

The Voice Of Reason
06-04-2013, 09:57 PM
maybe doesn't want to have to do a username change if the spoonster leaves us :dunno:

I think you have hit the nail on the head sir !!!!! :faf::big grin:

Wotherspiniesta
06-04-2013, 10:00 PM

Shhhhhsshhttt...

BenjiMadrid didn't go so well. This one can't go wrong.

How else can I link Hibs players with La Liga?

Leighonell Griffiths? Benker Casilliams?

cabbageandribs1875
06-04-2013, 10:08 PM
Shhhhhsshhttt...

BenjiMadrid didn't go so well. This one can't go wrong.

How else can I link Hibs players with La Liga?

Leighonell Griffiths? Benker Casilliams?

1. Ben jelloincha

2. leinhosa

3. Ben Willia

according to here

http://www.minimalsworld.net/BrazilName/brazilian.shtml :cb

clerriehibs
06-04-2013, 10:11 PM
Matty - be prepared for Wotherspiniesta stalking you !!!!!!

How dare you suggest that "D" is not good enough ?!?!?! I mean were you even at the game today?! :greengrin :hilarious:crazy:

There's a "Voice of Reason" on sickbag, who's also been derogatory about 'Spoon. Are you a sort of double-bluffing, not quite under-cover, agent?

The Voice Of Reason
06-04-2013, 10:13 PM
There's a "Voice of Reason" on sickbag, who's also been derogatory about 'Spoon. Are you a sort of double-bluffing, not quite under-cover, agent?

Aye that's me right enough !!!!!!!

NOT !!!!!!

Northernhibee
06-04-2013, 10:14 PM

Oh,don't suggest that. :aok:

The Voice Of Reason
06-04-2013, 10:18 PM
Oh,don't suggest that. :aok:

Chaps - if I wanted to go "undercover" I wouldn't pick the same username now, would I ?!?! :greengrin

clerriehibs
06-04-2013, 10:20 PM

Chaps - if I wanted to go "undercover" I wouldn't pick the same username now, would I ?!?! :greengrin

Maybe you're being clever though?

Ah - I see the flaw in my argument now ... :greengrin

The Voice Of Reason
06-04-2013, 10:23 PM

Me - clever ?!?! Never ! :greengrin

Wotherspiniesta
06-04-2013, 10:24 PM

:top marks:thumbsup::faf:!!!!!

The Voice Of Reason
06-04-2013, 10:26 PM
:top marks:thumbsup::faf:!!!!!

You not in bed yet "D" ?!?! :faf:

monktonharp
06-04-2013, 10:28 PM

When he runs at players he can cause them problems, but for whatever reason he doesn't do it, and when he's not doing that he's not really doing anything. We need better than that.I do recall saying similar.so bad in the first 20 mins he should have been hooked. strangly, I cant remember if he was pulled aside by the backroom staff, for a quiet word.he was totally gash and still came oot at ht.

Wotherspiniesta
06-04-2013, 10:28 PM
You not in bed yet "D" ?!?! :faf:

Nah, just pishing my pants at you making a complete tit of yourself V !!!! :faf::faf::faf::faf:

Northernhibee
06-04-2013, 10:30 PM
You know something, I can understand being pissed off and angry at the team so I can kind of understand the posts tonight stating that today was *****, or even doubting PF (I don't agree with them but I fully understand them).

I don't understand those who choose to relentlessly mock and take the piss out of individuals or the whole team the whole time. It makes them look as if they're enjoying watching us lose and certainly the sort of individual who would be better off nowhere near ER as they really are the ones that help in no way whatsoever.

If someone is wearing the green and white then they at least deserve support, even if they aren't on their top form at the time.

The Voice Of Reason
06-04-2013, 10:36 PM
Nah, just pishing my pants at you making a complete tit of yourself V !!!! :faf::faf::faf::faf:

Oh "D" - you have hurt my feelings ! :boo hoo:

HIBEETILLIDIE
06-04-2013, 10:38 PM
You just did.

Yes i did but i was resonding to a specific thread, albeit about a specific player but i am not having a go at him in islotation, there is not only a number of players that have not performed this season so far, but also an attitude by our board that what they have served up over the last 6 years is acceptable! That hurts more than any poor player performance!

HIBEETILLIDIE
06-04-2013, 10:39 PM
You just did.

Yes i did but i was responding to a specific thread, albeit about a specific player but i am not having a go at him in isolation, there is not only a number of players that have not performed this season so far, but also an attitude by our board that what they have served up over the last 6 years is acceptable! That hurts more than any poor player performance!

Lucius Apuleius
07-04-2013, 06:49 AM
Drug addict---- give him sympathy and get him treatment and keep him signed.
Likes a bevvy-----give him sympathy and keep him signed
Gambling problems----give him sympathy and keep him signed
Womaniser---laugh and keep him signed
Shoplifter (alleged)-----laugh and keep him signed
Mention you don't like getting too much abuse (allegedly)--- hounded out and abused even more

Good stuff chaps, keep it up.

As an aside, I would suggest Wotherspiniesta knows D better than most of us by the very fact he calls him D :wink:

Is Wotherspiniesta's defence of D any more merited or different than Silver's defence of Deek? That is a question by the way, not a statement of my beliefs.

The Voice Of Reason
07-04-2013, 07:46 AM
Mention you don't like getting too much abuse (allegedly)--- hounded out and abused even more

As an aside, I would suggest Wotherspiniesta knows D better than most of us by the very fact he calls him D :wink:

Is Wotherspiniesta's defence of D any more merited or different than Silver's defence of Deek? That is a question by the way, not a statement of my beliefs.

Good point Lucius, by reading Wotherspiniesta's posts it may be a fair assumption that he/she does indeed know "D" - lets just cut to the chase and ask him/her :-

Wotherspiniesta - do you know "D" ? If so, how ? (Or are you actually him ?!?!) :wink:

Beefster
07-04-2013, 07:56 AM

It's different in that Silver's username isn't Rioronaldo or Riorxavi.

J-C
07-04-2013, 08:12 AM

Being related would give him the right to defend him if he felt offended by anything untowards, I've had a few words with him re Deeks, which ended amicably I think. :aok:
When he does defend him it's generally due to things said about off field happenings, when deek is/was playing crap, I've never seen him going OTT trying to defend him.

Wotherspiniesta seems to be oblivious to the fact that 8 out of 30 odd games is not enough to play well in, we need more consistency and people have had enough of his half hearted football, he's no a laddie any more as someone put it, time to put up or go.

rcarter1
07-04-2013, 08:41 AM
Theres been so much said about this, but I really think that there is a significant number of people supporting Hibs who believe in their right to abuse their own players. I dont know how we compare to other clubs in this.

I believe that a players ability to shrug off abuse and improve themselves is one of the attributes of a good player, and could be termed strong temperament. For me this means an ability to focus on the job at hand independent to outside influences (wind ups from opposition fans/players/home fans/team mates/bad ref decisions/not being paid wages/ etc etc.)

Unfortunately not all players have this ability. D Wotherspoon would appear to be lacking this. He's probably not alone, and each in their own way, Griffiths, Cairney, Hanlon and no doubt others have had problems with this. Griffiths by and large has made improvements, as perhaps has Hanlon. There comes a point when a manager has to question a player in this regard - independent to their 'footballing' ability.

Back to the abuse part of it. I really dont see how fans abusing players helps the team. For players of good temperament, the abuse may spur them to do better, but that should be the managers (or team mates) job to - behind closed doors -give the proverbial kick up the backside. For players of bad temperament abuse will no doubt hurt their confidence and hence ability to contribute.

If Hibs had an unlimited supply of decent footballers, the abuse system might work, as you would just bin players until you found 11 players who can hack it. Clearly we dont have that luxury.

For me abuse is part and parcel of football, but I would like to see it stamped out. That will only happen if there is a ground swell of opinion, and the motivation required, to stamp it out. People who like to dish it out defend their right to do so as vehemently as those who defend their right to bear arms.

In the meantime it is the managers job to protect his players as best he can, as well as trying to get them to 'man up'. My problem with it all is simply that we will lose 20-30%(?) of our youth players to abusers, before they have a chance to develop the confidence to handle it.

Change the culture of abuse AND/OR prepare players better to face up to it.

Winston Ingram
07-04-2013, 08:44 AM

Is he quick ? - no

What strange criteria you seem to prioritise in a footballer. I'd love you to go to see what other gems you come out with.Barca's midfield would probably fail these.

Can he pass a ball - yes
Has he got a good touch - yes
Can he cross a ball - yes
Can he shoot - yes

You should change your name from Voice of Reason to Vendetta:agree:

The Voice Of Reason
07-04-2013, 09:17 AM
What strange criteria you seem to prioritise in a footballer. I'd love you to go to see what other gems you come out with.Barca's midfield would probably fail these.

Can he pass a ball - yes
Has he got a good touch - yes
Can he cross a ball - yes
Can he shoot - yes

You should change your name from Voice of Reason to Vendetta:agree:

Lol!

The things you mention are extreme basics that I would expect a girls school team to be able to do!

Winston Ingram
07-04-2013, 09:52 AM
Lol!

The things you mention are extreme basics that I would expect a girls school team to be able to do!

Extreme basics? Really?

So is being tall and strong a talent? Your criteria for being a footballer, only 1 involves actually using your feet which pretty much sums up your understanding:rolleyes:

NOLA
07-04-2013, 10:35 AM
Its a No from me. Sorry D its not you its me. I think we're looking for different things...

lord bunberry
07-04-2013, 11:04 AM
I always wonder why spoony seems to be singled out after we lose a game. I've come to the conclusion that its that most fans are frustrated because they think he has got the talent but isn't showing it. Its a bit like riordan, whenever his name comes up in a thread its full of people slagging him off but if another player nish for example is mentioned all we hear is people wishing him well. I hope spoony stays but I wouldn't be offering him more money and I'd only give him a year

The Voice Of Reason
07-04-2013, 11:08 AM
Extreme basics? Really?

So is being tall and strong a talent? Your criteria for being a footballer, only 1 involves actually using your feet which pretty much sums up your understanding:rolleyes:

Extreme basics ? YES - pass, control, cross, shoot !

Where did I say that being tall and strong was a "talent" ?

I was listing some examples of things (that in addition to the basics - some of which you have mentioned) would give an an opposing defender a headache and things to worry about !

By the way, to be quick and to beat a man you do need to use your feet !!!!!! :rolleyes: :aok:

Wotherspiniesta
07-04-2013, 11:53 AM
I always wonder why spoony seems to be singled out after we lose a game. I've come to the conclusion that its that most fans are frustrated because they think he has got the talent but isn't showing it. Its a bit like riordan, whenever his name comes up in a thread its full of people slagging him off but if another player nish for example is mentioned all we hear is people wishing him well. I hope spoony stays but I wouldn't be offering him more money and I'd only give him a year

I think that's probably about the fairest assesment on the matter TBH.

For the record, I don't know David Wotherspoon, I just think he's a decent player and doesn't deserve some of the abuse.

Beefster
07-04-2013, 12:10 PM

For the record, I don't know David Wotherspoon, I just think he's a decent player and doesn't deserve some of the abuse.

How many posters have 'abused' Wotherspoon?

number9dream
07-04-2013, 12:18 PM
Lol!

There are quite a few members of our squad who would fail your girls' school team test. Good touch and shooting are glaring weaknesses at Easter Road. Our demise has largely been down to our abysmal ball retention. The ball just keeps coming back because we can't keep it. Wotherspoon must take a share of the blame for this collective failing...

JohnStephens91
07-04-2013, 12:22 PM
I remember after we knocked Aberdeen out of the cup some posters went over to the Aberdeen forum and read about how angry the fans were with the players and were shocked to see Scott Vernon had the nickname 'Vermin.' Is the constant abuse towards Wotherspoon really any different? Someone that sits near me at Easter Road always shouts at him when he plays - some of the stuff is not repeatable.

It is a disgrace that we were asked, as a support, to support one of our players and look at how many posters are being negative towards the situation. It's pretty poor.

And for what it is worth I have met David a few times and he is a friendly genuine guy and I believe if we got off his back he'd be able to perform again.

The Voice Of Reason
07-04-2013, 12:31 PM

Don't you think it's a bit worrying that some posters have suggested that you DO know him because of what (and how) you post ?!?!?

Oh Wotherspiniesta - time to take a look in the mirror me thinks !!!!!! :aok:

How is "D" anyway ?!?!?

:faf::tee hee:

Wotherspiniesta
07-04-2013, 03:29 PM

Don't you think it's a bit worrying that some posters have suggested that you DO know him because of what (and how) you post ?!?!?

How is "D" anyway ?!?!?

I think one poster mentioned that I might know him simply because I referred to him as D. The only reason I know that players, managers etc call him D is the posters on here who know him as D. Scoopyboy, O'Connors Strip etc. Also because I've heard Leigh shouting "D, D!" When Wotherspoon has the ball.... Something that I've picked up on when going to games and not just reading player ratings...

I don't know how he is, because I don't know him. Which you picked up on :confused:

How you doing anyway, V? :aok:

Northernhibee
07-04-2013, 03:32 PM

How is "D" anyway ?!?!?

Give it a rest. Every single bloody thread where Spoony is mentioned we have the same **** from the usual suspects and it's gone beyond tiresome that nobody can have a sensible discussion over our team.

Rather than constantly mocking the team, how about showing a bit of support for once, or is that too difficult an idea to comprehend?

Beefster
07-04-2013, 05:27 PM
Rather than constantly mocking the team, how about showing a bit of support for once, or is that too difficult an idea to comprehend?

I don't know TVOR but how do you know that he's not at most Hibs games supporting the team?

The Voice Of Reason
07-04-2013, 06:00 PM
Give it a rest. Every single bloody thread where Spoony is mentioned we have the same **** from the usual suspects and it's gone beyond tiresome that nobody can have a sensible discussion over our team.

I haven't been "constantly mocking the team" !

You just carry on making things up though my dear !!!!!:aok:

The Voice Of Reason
07-04-2013, 06:15 PM
I don't know TVOR but how do you know that he's not at most Hibs games supporting the team?

Thanks Beefster - I am at most home games (and as many away games as I can).

I take my dad and kids so it costs me a fair few quid when I go - money that I am simply fed up spending watching Wotherspoon. He is the weakest link in the vast majority of games i watch (you can see that other fans clearly agree with this if you read the "player ratings" threads for the past few seasons!)

Wotherspiniesta seems to be in denial of Wotherspoons poor performances - embarrassing really ! The truth hurts I think ! :rolleyes:

As for Northernhibbie, I don't think he/she goes to many games. He/she accused me of being a Yam once, because he/she didn't like my posts. Schoolgirl stuff !!!!!

The Voice Of Reason
07-04-2013, 06:22 PM
I think one poster mentioned that I might know him simply because I referred to him as D. The only reason I know that players, managers etc call him D is the posters on here who know him as D. Scoopyboy, O'Connors Strip etc. Also because I've heard Leigh shouting "D, D!" When Wotherspoon has the ball.... Something that I've picked up on when going to games and not just reading player ratings...

I don't know how he is, because I don't know him. Which you picked up on :confused:

I am "V" and Wotherspoon is "D".

Put together that makes "VD" - just saying likes. :aok:

Northernhibee
07-04-2013, 08:00 PM
I haven't been "constantly mocking the team" !

You just carry on making things up though my dear !!!!!:aok:

Look through this thread. Looking for any excuse to knock Spoony. He's a Hibs player and wears the green and white, the least he should get as a Hibs player is respect.

Put a sock in it.

silverhibee
07-04-2013, 08:40 PM
Your friendly Admin HNA01 is keeping an eye on this thread, lets keep it sensible folks. :greengrin

Or else. :cb

silverhibee
07-04-2013, 08:53 PM

How is "D" anyway ?!?!?

He/she has already said that they don't know D, leave it at that please, your friendly Admin HNA01 :aok: :wink:

HTD1875
07-04-2013, 09:03 PM
Can't believe the abuse that Wotherspoon gets on this forum and at the ground absolutely ridiculous. Surely people can see the quality that he has, yes he's inconsistent and that can be annoying but he has been the difference in many of this seasons games not least the cup game against them. I'd put money on him having one of the highest number of assists in the league nevermind the club.

silverhibee
07-04-2013, 09:10 PM
Steve you have been banned from chatbox, sorry and all that. I did stick up for you.:cb

clerriehibs
07-04-2013, 09:20 PM
I am "V" and Wotherspoon is "D".

Put together that makes "VD" - just saying likes. :aok:

About as sensible as the rest of your ramblings.

Stringer
07-04-2013, 09:27 PM
My yam mate played Nade (terrible fitballer) at World of football. Said it was like trying to get the ball off messi. Most Spl footballers are in command of the basics, Spoony would rip you to shreds if you played him in your garden or a wee 5 a side pitch.

Clearly has the fear of the crowd. I remember at the sheep cup game he didn't celebrate with Deegan and the rest of the team. Lack of confidence is his problem. You want to rage at the players but as a manager you have to tell him he is great. Doubt Fenlon does this.

blackpoolhibs
07-04-2013, 09:49 PM
My yam mate played Nade (terrible fitballer) at World of football. Said it was like trying to get the ball off messi. Most Spl footballers are in command of the basics, Spoony would rip you to shreds if you played him in your garden or a wee 5 a side pitch.

Clearly has the fear of the crowd. I remember at the sheep cup game he didn't celebrate with Deegan and the rest of the team. Lack of confidence is his problem. You want to rage at the players but as a manager you have to tell him he is great. Doubt Fenlon does this.

The reason he did not celebrate with the rest of the team, was because they had all run to the touchline and Aberdeen had the ball ready to kick off, but couldn't with a Hibs player in their half. He was using his brain, and nowt to do with fear of the crowd or lack of confidence?

Stringer
07-04-2013, 09:59 PM
The reason he did not celebrate with the rest of the team, was because they had all run to the touchline and Aberdeen had the ball ready to kick off, but couldn't with a Hibs player in their half. He was using his brain, and nowt to do with fear of the crowd or lack of confidence?

Clearly he has a massive footballing brain!!

But I think he is lacking confidence , my opinion obviously. His celebration in the derby shows he loves hibs, great to see. Probably thought to himself he would go on a score a few more and start every game, that hasn't happened.

silverhibee
07-04-2013, 10:03 PM

:agree:

Sure Fenlon said something about it too.

BEEJ
07-04-2013, 10:11 PM

Have we worked out on this thread why we don't have good wide players / wingers at ER?

They keep straying in-field where they are less likely to hear the personal abuse from the home stands. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
07-04-2013, 10:12 PM
Clearly he has a massive footballing brain!!

But I think he is lacking confidence , my opinion obviously. His celebration in the derby shows he loves hibs, great to see. Probably thought to himself he would go on a score a few more and start every game, that hasn't happened.

I have no idea how big his brain is, although if i was to have a guess i'd say its probably roughly the same size as everyone else.

I'm also not buying into this confidence crap, he's an average player in a poor side. If he were to leave i'd not be worried at all about him coming back to haunt us, but i'd say the same about most of this lot.

Stringer
07-04-2013, 10:17 PM
I have no idea how big his brain is, although if i was to have a guess i'd say its probably roughly the same size as everyone else.

I'm also not buying into this confidence crap, he's an average player in a poor side. If he were to leave i'd not be worried at all about him coming back to haunt us, but i'd say the same about most of this lot.

Look at Sproule thou! A change of scene was good for him. I am not saying the fans are to blame. I am saying a private meeting with Fenlon would do him good.

hibsbollah
07-04-2013, 10:26 PM
They keep straying in-field where they are less likely to hear the personal abuse from the home stands. :greengrin

There has to come a point when we are allowed to blame Hibs for our problems in life. Im going to make a case to my boss tomorrow that my poor quality work last week was down to goings on at Easter Road. It works both ways :agree:

blackpoolhibs
07-04-2013, 10:32 PM
Look at Sproule thou! A change of scene was good for him. I am not saying the fans are to blame. I am saying a private meeting with Fenlon would do him good.

Fenlon see's him and the other players every day, are you saying Pat needs to take him to one side and speak to him? And do you not think Pat does this or has never done this in the past?

Sproule was a waste of a wage.

Lucius Apuleius
08-04-2013, 05:15 AM

T'was indeed me. The only people I have ever heard calling David D were people who knew him. Obviously as you have cleared up this misconcep tion, I fully retract my statement and apologise for making such assumptions. :wink:

gegs70
08-04-2013, 08:11 AM
A good manager knows how to get the best response from his players whether it be giving then the fergie hairdrier treatment or speaking privately with them. Is wotherspoon playing in his chosen position I thought he was more effective in a central role? maybe he just isnt a winger?

J-C
08-04-2013, 09:09 AM
A good manager knows how to get the best response from his players whether it be giving then the fergie hairdrier treatment or speaking privately with them. Is wotherspoon playing in his chosen position I thought he was more effective in a central role? maybe he just isnt a winger?

Wotherspoon will naturally come inside everytime he gets the ball, this just goes to show he's not a naturally wide player, he very rarely attempts to go outside his man, cuts inside and has not enough pace to be a wide man.

SteveHFC
08-04-2013, 07:26 PM
Wotherspoon is pish :agree:

The Voice Of Reason
08-04-2013, 07:57 PM
Look through this thread. Looking for any excuse to knock Spoony. He's a Hibs player and wears the green and white, the least he should get as a Hibs player is respect.

Put a sock in it.

LOL! Yet another bizarre post from you!

This is a thread titled"David Wotherspoon " and I have been expressing my thoughts on David Wotherspoon. That is not "mocking the team".

I am there most weeks supporting the team and spending money investing in the club. I don't think you can say the same for yourself?!

So you "put a sock in it" please !!!!!! 👍

Hiber-nation
08-04-2013, 08:03 PM
Wotherspoon will naturally come inside everytime he gets the ball, this just goes to show he's not a naturally wide player, he very rarely attempts to go outside his man, cuts inside and has not enough pace to be a wide man.

:agree:

He's definitely not a wide player and maybe doesn't have the vision to make a decent SPL level central midfielder. As a wide man he's expected to create something whenever he gets the ball but he's not good enough to do it in that role.

Not nearly as bad as some make out though.

Heedersnvolleys
08-04-2013, 08:09 PM

How long did that last? He has fell away already, as well as a strop! That was just new team syndrome

mca
08-04-2013, 08:38 PM
How long did that last? He has fell away already, as well as a strop! That was just new team syndrome

Did he not get injured beating us !!!.. and im sure he also went off injured to a standing ovation from quite a few fans.. :wink: