PDA

View Full Version : NHC Borussia Dortmund

FromTheCapital
03-04-2013, 09:05 PM
Went to Dortmund in 2011 with my family and went on a tour of Signal Iduna Park. Stadium looks brilliant and is the sixth biggest in Europe with 24,454 people packed into one stand behind the goal (All standing). I went to a game aswell in my time in the City when they beat Nuremberg 2-0 to move 8 points clear at the top of the Bundesliga and pretty much clinch the title. After this, I always kept an eye out for Dortmund and they've just grew in quality since then. They won't win the league this season but Bayern in all fairness have been unstoppable. I watched them tonight against Malaga and some of their play was quality and if they had took their chances they could've won very easily. Great to see Dortmund starting to compete and fingers crossed they win the Champions League this year. :agree:

bingo70
03-04-2013, 09:09 PM
Did they not have real financial problems not so long ago as well?

Always had a soft spot for them cos I loved their strips in the mid 90s

NYHibby
03-04-2013, 09:55 PM
Did they not have real financial problems not so long ago as well?

Yeah, they were a complete mess around 2005. They had sold their stadium and had €120 million in debt. They were luckily able to do a last minute deal with Morgan Stanley to refinance a large chuck of their debt.

http://www.dw.de/borussia-dortmund-fans-and-investors-arent-on-the-same-team/a-15074555

TomoHFC
03-04-2013, 10:13 PM
brilliant team and have great young talents. they have a player with a funny name not sure your heard of him. Sven Bender

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-04-2013, 11:24 PM
Went to Dortmund when Scotland played there, fantastic stadium! :aok:

ScottB
04-04-2013, 01:12 AM
Yeah, they were a complete mess around 2005. They had sold their stadium and had €120 million in debt. They were luckily able to do a last minute deal with Morgan Stanley to refinance a large chuck of their debt.

http://www.dw.de/borussia-dortmund-fans-and-investors-arent-on-the-same-team/a-15074555

Also a loan from Bayern helped to keep them going. Just shows the vastly different attitude in Germany, especially in the last decade or so; everyone working together to make their game better.

It'll never, ever happen here!

StevesFamau5
04-04-2013, 02:21 AM
Bundesliga football is really underrated. I have been across a few times after adopting Hertha Berlin and I love it. Yet to visit dortmund but I found both hoffenheim and dusseldorf to be good visits. The relaced nature and the massive cups of beer also helped my decision :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

norwayhibs
04-04-2013, 04:04 AM
I went over to see Dortmund- Hannover 96 about a month ago, what an experience :aok: The official crowd was 81000 . The matchday experience was fantastic, the whole day was geared so that the supporters had a great time. I am definately going back, hoping for tickets for the Bayern Munich game in may.

ANDY McGEECHAN
04-04-2013, 05:25 AM
I went over to see Dortmund- Hannover 96 about a month ago, what an experience :aok: The official crowd was 81000 . The matchday experience was fantastic, the whole day was geared so that the supporters had a great time. I am definately going back, hoping for tickets for the Bayern Munich game in may.

12 of us off to Frankfurt tomorrow (Eintracht V Bayern Munich ) 9 Hibbies 2 Celtic and a token Yam. Can't wait forn the fun to begin. Anybody been there before, good pubs etc, A wee bit surprised after reading how cheap Germam football is that ticket cost is 36 Euro. This is behind the goals and row 1, so assume its one of the cheaper seats. Anyway C'mon Eintracht.

PeeJay
04-04-2013, 07:46 AM
12 of us off to Frankfurt tomorrow (Eintracht V Bayern Munich ) 9 Hibbies 2 Celtic and a token Yam. Can't wait forn the fun to begin. Anybody been there before, good pubs etc, A wee bit surprised after reading how cheap Germam football is that ticket cost is 36 Euro. This is behind the goals and row 1, so assume its one of the cheaper seats. Anyway C'mon Eintracht.

After the game you could head into town and go to Sachsenhausen - plenty pubs and "Äppelwein Kneipen" to see and enjoy:
http://www.google.de/search?q=Sachsenhausen+Frankfurt&hl=de&rls=com.microsoft:de:IE-Address&rlz=1I7ADRA_en&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=Qi9dUef6DKTl4QSewICQCA&ved=0CFoQsAQ&biw=1120&bih=1300

Hope Bayern get stuffed...

hibsbollah
04-04-2013, 09:04 AM
Affordable prices, safe standing, quality food, quality beer, great noisy atmosphere, full stadia. it'll never catch on over here.

Those crazy germans :rolleyes:

PeeJay
04-04-2013, 09:29 AM
Affordable prices, safe standing, quality food, quality beer, great noisy atmosphere, full stadia. it'll never catch on over here.

Those crazy germans :roll eyes:

Think you're on to something with "crazy Germans": there are DFB plans afoot to introduce "seating only" into stadiums here - naturally it's being met with some stiff resistance from the people that matter - it's a funny old footballing world where the UK looks to Germany as a role model, while Germany looks to the UK ...

yeezus.
04-04-2013, 09:31 AM
I voted for them in a Hibs.net poll to win the Champions League at the start of the season :agree:

Alex Trager
04-04-2013, 09:47 AM
Bundesliga is IMO the best league in the world. On quite a few different levels

Alex Trager
04-04-2013, 09:48 AM

How would you go about getting these tickets?

hibsbollah
04-04-2013, 10:00 AM
Think you're on to something with "crazy Germans": there are DFB plans afoot to introduce "seating only" into stadiums here - naturally it's being met with some stiff resistance from the people that matter - it's a funny old footballing world where the UK looks to Germany as a role model, while Germany looks to the UK ...

Rafael Honigstein was saying on Football Weekly that Bayern have had zero atmosphere in big games this season because the ultra groups arent allowed to buy tickets en bloc behind the goals anymore, due to some fire and safety regulation.

NYHibby
04-04-2013, 10:38 AM
How would you go about getting these tickets?

Buy them from the club's website like any other team?

While I have never been to Dortmund, I've been to several games in Germany and have never had problems getting tickets as long as you do it in advance.

blackpoolhibs
04-04-2013, 10:40 AM
Went to Dortmund when Scotland played there, fantastic stadium! :aok:

Was that the game we lost 2-1, Neil McCann scoring for us? :confused:

PeeJay
04-04-2013, 11:12 AM
Rafael Honigstein was saying on Football Weekly that Bayern have had zero atmosphere in big games this season because the ultra groups arent allowed to buy tickets en bloc behind the goals anymore, due to some fire and safety regulation.

Well Bayern "fans" aren't proper fans anyway :rolleyes: as they all come from Hamburg or Frankfurt or somewhere else, so...

.... but the ultra scene in Germany is a hotly disputed one - we've had more than one footballing occasion spoiled by idiots with flares - I'm all for a good atmosphere, but not at the expense of safety

blackpoolhibs
04-04-2013, 11:45 AM
Well Bayern "fans" aren't proper fans anyway :rolleyes: as they all come from Hamburg or Frankfurt or somewhere else, so...

.... but the ultra scene in Germany is a hotly disputed one - we've had more than one footballing occasion spoiled by idiots with flares - I'm all for a good atmosphere, but not at the expense of safety

I'm pretty sure folk with straight leg trousers will also have been involved? :wink:

SteveHFC
04-04-2013, 11:48 AM
After the game you could head into town and go to Sachsenhausen - plenty pubs and "Äppelwein Kneipen" to see and enjoy:
http://www.google.de/search?q=Sachsenhausen+Frankfurt&hl=de&rls=com.microsoft:de:IE-Address&rlz=1I7ADRA_en&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=Qi9dUef6DKTl4QSewICQCA&ved=0CFoQsAQ&biw=1120&bih=1300

Hope Bayern get stuffed...

i'm sure we will enjoy our stay in Sachsenhausen in fact is this not our hotel http://www.altfrankfurt.com/stadtteil/sachsenhausen/Loehergasse/Sachsenhausen_Loehergasse.htm

PeeJay
04-04-2013, 11:58 AM
i'm sure we will enjoy our stay in Sachsenhausen in fact is this not our hotel http://www.altfrankfurt.com/stadtteil/sachsenhausen/Loehergasse/Sachsenhausen_Loehergasse.htm

Nice to see they've upgraded the area since I was last there - you'll love it I'm sure:greengrin

Technofob
04-04-2013, 12:01 PM
brilliant team and have great young talents. they have a player with a funny name not sure your heard of him. Sven Bender

Is he not an international? My mate's 2nd team is Germany (forces brat) so we bought him a top with Bender on it for his birthday. Funnily enough, he doesn't wear it very often!!!

Future17
04-04-2013, 12:43 PM
Is he not an international? My mate's 2nd team is Germany (forces brat) so we bought him a top with Bender on it for his birthday. Funnily enough, he doesn't wear it very often!!!

He is indeed. He also has a twin called Lars who plays for Bayer Leverkusen and is, arguably, the better player.

blackpoolhibs
04-04-2013, 12:47 PM
He is indeed. He also has a twin called Lars who plays for Bayer Leverkusen and is, arguably, the better player.

And a cousin called Lars Bandit, I forget which team he plays for but he plays just behind the front two in the hole behind.

norwayhibs
04-04-2013, 02:01 PM
Buy them from the club's website like any other team?

While I have never been to Dortmund, I've been to several games in Germany and have never had problems getting tickets as long as you do it in advance.

Normally for any other german club you are able to get tickets via the clubs website, however You will be lucky to get Dortmund tickets via the website, I think you have to be registered as a member of an official supporters club. My sons football trainer used to play for them, he still has a few contacts on the inside :wink:.........touch and go though for the game v Bayern .

Macaroon
04-04-2013, 02:12 PM
The Pa and I are heading to Dortmund this month to see the game against Mainz after watching Ajax play Heerenveen in Amsterdam the day before. Should be some weekend!

southsider
04-04-2013, 02:23 PM
Enjoyable game last night but Dortmund should now get through. Have a pal who lives in Malega and has a s/t there, which is less than mine for ER. Better weather, better players but he still manages to come over for a few games every year. You can take the man outa Hibs but you cant take Hibs outa the man.

Leighonel
04-04-2013, 02:30 PM
The Pa and I are heading to Dortmund this month to see the game against Mainz after watching Ajax play Heerenveen in Amsterdam the day before. Should be some weekend!

If you don't mind me asking, how did you manage to get tickets to see them? I really want to see a german game and I quite like dortmund.

Also is pa kujabi now known as 'The Pa'? ;-)

Macaroon
04-04-2013, 04:24 PM
If you don't mind me asking, how did you manage to get tickets to see them? I really want to see a german game and I quite like dortmund.

Also is pa kujabi now known as 'The Pa'? ;-)

With some difficulty! The fixture times weren't actually confirmed by the Bundesliga until a week or so ago. We then had to call the ticket office and order the tickets in German! It was quite a process that's for sure.

Not quite sure of the intricacies of it though, it was my Dad that sorted most of it out.

Leighonel
04-04-2013, 04:26 PM
With some difficulty! The fixture times weren't actually confirmed by the Bundesliga until a week or so ago. We then had to call the ticket office and order the tickets in German! It was quite a process that's for sure.

Not quite sure of the intricacies of it though, it was my Dad that sorted most of it out.

Cheers. I shall start learning German straight away.

norwayhibs
10-04-2013, 06:05 PM
Just managed to secure 2 tickets for BVB -Bayern on the 4 may:thumbsup:, should be a stormer of a game, cant wait.