PDA

View Full Version : Hillsborough Never Forgotten

Scouse Hibee
03-04-2013, 07:01 PM
Tonight BBC 2 at 9pm- Documentary about the findings of the Hillsborough Independent Review.

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-04-2013, 07:05 PM
Tivo box set up earlier.

hibsbollah
03-04-2013, 08:28 PM
The guy Phil Scraton on tonights programme wrote a book 17 years ago when he was a phd student that i read at the time and shocked me back then. Its hard to believe that a lot of the evidence has been around for so long but in the mid 90s no-one was listening. Some of this is new though; the evidence with the woman special constable and whats she saying about being psychologically broken by the West Midlands investigators is like something out of North Korea, or Orwell.

Cabbage East
03-04-2013, 08:29 PM
Tongue in cheek

Jonnyboy
03-04-2013, 08:49 PM
:confused:
Acab

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-04-2013, 08:52 PM
I believe the first three letters stand for All Coppers Are, people can decide for themselves what to put for the last word. Not sure the thread needs to go down this road though.

Scouse Hibee
03-04-2013, 09:02 PM
A very moving and emotional viewing for me, very proud of what has been achieved.

PISTOL1875
03-04-2013, 09:26 PM
Fair play to liverpool fans, great effort over years. Scary how the establishment close ranks when they are wrong. I an sure duckenfield has retired on full pension. No shame these people. How do they sleep at night ?? Also , The woman who told us how the 2 officers came to her house and wore her down into changing her statement was awful. As for the policeman offering his resignation , that was just a joke.

Wotherspiniesta
03-04-2013, 09:32 PM
Fair play to liverpool fans, great effort over years. Scary how the establishment close ranks when they are wrong. I an sure duckenfield has retired on full pension. No shame these people. How do they sleep at night ?? Also , The woman who told us how the 2 officers came to her house and wore her down into changing her statement was awful. As for the policeman offering his resignation , that was just a joke.

You seem to have quite a strong opinion on this for someone who referred to Man United as "Munichs".

lapsedhibee
03-04-2013, 09:36 PM
Oh good, another Manchester U v Manchester C spat. It's been a while.

hibsbollah
03-04-2013, 09:37 PM
You seem to have quite a strong opinion on this for someone who referred to Man United as "Munichs".

Lets not.

Wotherspiniesta
03-04-2013, 09:43 PM
Oh good, another Manchester U v Manchester C spat. It's been a while.

No spat here. Just bringing up a point.

Lets not.

Again, not starting a boring Manc debate. Just find PISTOL's strong stance a little ironic, given his stance on another football disaster.

Whenever there's death invovled in football, rivalry should be put aside. Which is why I remember that particular sick taunt.

Bostonhibby
03-04-2013, 09:57 PM
A very moving and emotional viewing for me, very proud of what has been achieved.

Hear, hear, and all in the face of the establishment in full cover up mode, the effort they put in to deflect criticism is staggering, better spent trying to find out the truth in the first place.

Even after all this time it made me bloody angry listening to the front men selling the rehearsed and ultimately false line early on. There should be a few honours reviewed and prosecutions considered, we are potentially dealing with perverting the course of justice or fabrication of evidence here, and as for the police evidence at the intial inquests........

Scottie
03-04-2013, 10:06 PM

Disgusting and shocking cover up of the highest order. Unbelievable.

Football fans who travelled to follow their hero's and never returned.

Respect and admiration for all who fought for "JUSTICE FOR THE 96"

May they rest in peace.

God Petrie
03-04-2013, 10:22 PM
Jft39

Scouse Hibee
03-04-2013, 10:48 PM
Jft39

Indeed there was :agree:

Jones28
03-04-2013, 10:55 PM
Acab

Rubbish troll, but shut up anyway

seven nowt
03-04-2013, 10:58 PM
Liverpool are my English Club. Justice to the 96!

ronaldo7
04-04-2013, 07:18 AM
The guy Phil Scraton on tonights programme wrote a book 17 years ago when he was a phd student that i read at the time and shocked me back then. Its hard to believe that a lot of the evidence has been around for so long but in the mid 90s no-one was listening. Some of this is new though; the evidence with the woman special constable and whats she saying about being psychologically broken by the West Midlands investigators is like something out of North Korea, or Orwell.

I found this one quite strange too.

Surely she would have had the names and numbers of the officers trying to get her to change her statement, and could then have taken that to a solicitor aligned with the families. If it was early in the investigations she was within her rights to fight back. She decided to crumble.

Braids Hibby
04-04-2013, 03:12 PM
Extremely moving documentary. The state implicit in this.

Stevie Reid
04-04-2013, 03:24 PM
I didn't watch the documentary but it was really overwhelming watching the news about the Hillsborough cover up coming out last September. I was in Primary 7 when the tragedy happened, I remember it not only because it was a shocking incident, but because on the Monday after it happened, my teacher devoted the first couple of hours of the day delivering a very emotional breakdown of just how catastrophic the failure of the police and other services was.

I was 11 then, I'm 35 now - God knows what the last 24 years has been like for the victims' families. Watching the news come out last year I felt a horrible mix of relief for them that the truth has finally come out and the actions of their families vindicated, and genuine horror at not only just how big the cover up and attempt to vilify the victims was, but at the findings that many of the dead could have been saved had the response of the emergency services not been so disgustingly negligent.

I hope that the fight for the 96 continues to the extent that the large numbers of guilty individuals can no longer escape justice.

cwilliamson85
04-04-2013, 04:22 PM
Why has the BBC not made this available on the iplayer?

.Sean.
04-04-2013, 10:25 PM
It's not on the iPlayer unfortunately.

.Sean.
04-04-2013, 10:27 PM
http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/hillsborough-never-forgotten-the-full-documentary/

essexhibee
04-04-2013, 10:37 PM
23 odd years and the families of the victims never gave up the fight for justice. What dedication to unearth the truth that was needed to be known. May they rest in peace.

JohnStephens91
04-04-2013, 11:59 PM
I'll be sure to watch it in the next couple of weeks, Liverpool are the team I prefer in England and I supported the JFT96 campaign and have visited the memorial at Anfield on several occasions. I have produced a couple of articles for my course on Hillsborough and read most of the report and wrote an opinion article on it too, so I am quite well versed in Hillsborough details and I'll be sure to watch this soon.

Greentinted
05-04-2013, 02:11 AM
http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/hillsborough-never-forgotten-the-full-documentary/

Good find, nice one. Ta. :aok:

PISTOL1875
05-04-2013, 04:55 PM

You got some proof of that ??

Wotherspiniesta
05-04-2013, 08:04 PM
You got some proof of that ??

Your post got deleted or edited after a few complaints about it. Don't try and be clever, you said it.

SkintHibby
05-04-2013, 08:46 PM
http://www.westlothiancourier.co.uk/2013/04/04/pub-regulars-raising-funds-for-hillsborough-family-support-group-62405-33111231/

I know Barry who's organised this and although he's a jungle jim he's a good lad with the best intentions.

BTW, he's holding a charity night in the Parafin Lamp dump....sorry, pub in Livingston on the 20th April all proceeds going to the families of the JFT96.

Some really good stuff been sent by clubs up and down the land.

On a side note, he told me that nearly every club in Scotland sent something really good for him to auction off but Hibs did not even bother to reply (even when he tried again). :rolleyes:

HH81
06-04-2013, 08:52 AM

Thanks for the link, just watched it.

Very moving.

Love the Green
06-04-2013, 07:24 PM
liverpool are my english club. Justice to the 96!

and heysell?

Braids Hibby
06-04-2013, 07:27 PM
and heysell?

Oh dear :(

Pretty Boy
06-04-2013, 07:29 PM
and heysell?

Many of those responsible for Heysel where brought to justice, no?

Can the same be said for Hillsborough?

Braids Hibby
06-04-2013, 07:30 PM
Many of those responsible for Heysel where brought to justice, no?

Can the same be said for Hillsborough?

Exactly tried and served time.

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-04-2013, 08:12 PM
and heysell?

Gie it a rest eh? You don't like Liverpool, we get it!